PDA

View Full Version : Recruits

ELECTRONIC_GAMER
12-17-2012, 05:40 AM
I wish you could customize your assassins like the old games anyone with me?? :/

pirate1802
12-17-2012, 05:43 AM
There's that, but then this tie around the recruits are actual personalities rather than random guys/gals. You can interact with them, learn their past stories etc. I like this trade-off.

ELECTRONIC_GAMER
12-17-2012, 05:45 AM
What is everything you can do with them anyways though??

pirate1802
12-17-2012, 05:48 AM
You can talk with them in the taverns.. there is quite a bit to learn. Including some spoilery stuff from Haytham's life .:D

And you can send them on missions like before.

ELECTRONIC_GAMER
12-17-2012, 05:52 AM
:o I'm going to try tht lol thanks :D but then again I want them to have suits!!!!!! >.< why not at least tht??

roostersrule2
12-17-2012, 06:21 AM
:o I'm going to try tht lol thanks :D but then again I want them to have suits!!!!!! >.< why not at least tht??Because in a way their not really assassins but people who repay Connor for him helping them.

Assassin_M
:o I'm going to try tht lol thanks :D but then again I want them to have suits!!!!!! >.< why not at least tht??
AC II Assassins had no suits. Antonio, Bartolameo, Paula, Teodora, Mario, Machiavelli..

Assassin_M
Because in a way their not really assassins but people who repay Connor for him helping them.
They actually ARE assassins.

roostersrule2
12-17-2012, 06:22 AM
They actually ARE assassins.They were never inducted though.

ELECTRONIC_GAMER
12-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Oh well then idk I kinda think they should make them better for some reason!! But thanks for all the opinions guys!! :) appreciate it

Assassin_M
12-17-2012, 06:41 AM
They were never inducted though.

SPOILERS (Highlight to see)

There is a conversation with one of them where said Assassin is confused about his allegiance and says "I want freedom, if that makes me a patriot then so be it", to which Connor replies "You are an Assassin, nothing else"

pirate1802
12-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Connor wasn't inducted too. I like the no-robe thing, like how all of them have different dresses. Shows men and women from different backgrounds coming together for a common cause.

When I roam in cities, I put them as my bodyguards and move like a boss. My personal army :3

ELECTRONIC_GAMER
12-17-2012, 04:29 PM
But none of you miss the suits at all!??

pirate1802
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
But none of you miss the suits at all!??

Nah not for this game. Though Stefan could use a better dress.

ELECTRONIC_GAMER
12-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Oh how do you dote bodyguard thing??

dannymorass
12-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Oh how do you dote bodyguard thing??

Each new recruit comes with a new assassin ability. its simple to use. just like you would change your weapons by holding R2 but instead you hold L2. however if you havent recruited the assassin yet you wont have the ability. Screw the robes, I like the new assassin abilities. ill trade matching robes for new assassin abilities any day of the week.

TrueAssassin77
12-17-2012, 10:41 PM
AC II Assassins had no suits. Antonio, Bartolameo, Paula, Teodora, Mario, Machiavelli..

They were full blown assassin heads. Leaders of the order and such. My recruits have no authority. they should be wearing the suit.

Assassin_M
12-17-2012, 10:55 PM
They were full blown assassin heads. Leaders of the order and such. My recruits have no authority. they should be wearing the suit.
No such thing as "Leaders of the Order" Mario was the Grand Master.

The Assassins in AC II were leaders of Factions, but they were "Assassins" I don't think "Sub leaders" exist in the Assassin Hierarchy. They were Master Assassins.

TrueAssassin77
12-17-2012, 11:02 PM
No such thing as "Leaders of the Order" Mario was the Grand Master.

The Assassins in AC II were leaders of Factions, but they were "Assassins" I don't think "Sub leaders" exist in the Assassin Hierarchy. They were Master Assassins.

My recruits were not masters... at least before i leveled them up. If they had suits unique to that time period and their own personality that would have been awesome. But as of now, there is nothing you can do to them. they took out a dimension to the game. and replaced it with nothing. They did the same thing throughout and it is primarily why AC3 disappointed me. Where are the ACR bombs? Where is the knife animations? Wheres the dyes? Wheres the tombs? Wheres the Armor/furs? Wheres the customizable assassin recruits? Why the hell are they not wearing the hood? even the devolpers said " The hood is like there work clothes". Without the Hood, AC would nearly be GTA,hitman or another free roaming do what you want game. The hood is important to AC lore. The lack of it should never be praised and defended. It should be questioned. just my opinion

Assassin_M
12-17-2012, 11:12 PM
My recruits were not masters... at least before i leveled them up. If they had suits unique to that time period and their own personality that would have been awesome. But as of now, there is nothing you can do to them. they took out a dimension to the game. and replaced it with nothing. They did the same thing throughout and it is primarily why AC3 disappointed me. Where are the ACR bombs? Where is the knife animations? Wheres the dyes? Wheres the tombs? Wheres the Armor/furs? Wheres the customizable assassin recruits? Why the hell are they not wearing the hood? even the devolpers said " The hood is like there work clothes". Without the Hood, AC would nearly be GTA,hitman or another free roaming do what you want game. The hood is important to AC lore. The lack of it should never be praised and defended. It should be questioned. just my opinion
My Opinion is apposite to yours then, sorry...

I will defend this, because that`s how I see it. I hated how the Assassins in ACB and ACR wore hoods all around and such. Altair supposedly released them into Society. We saw that In AC II, but then it all went to gang wars and hooded street fights. I did not like it to be frank. I prefer that feel that Assassins are integrated into Society. Just my opinion too

Gi1t
12-17-2012, 11:31 PM
There's that, but then this tie around the recruits are actual personalities rather than random guys/gals. You can interact with them, learn their past stories etc. I like this trade-off.

Although I greatly agree with this, I liked that in Brotherhood you could change their uniform color. I had my top five Assassins in green. Ezio's "merry men" essentially. :D

dannymorass
12-17-2012, 11:55 PM

I say change. Change for the better or evan for the worse. Change even if it means sacrifice. Move forward ubi and dont look back. Build it and than burn it down and build it again only better, faster and brand new. Please dont incurage game developers to make the same games over and over again. This is the reason i love assassins creed and hate games like call of duty. if you miss these aspects of the game so much simply replay the old tittles. True, with change comes some disapointments but you must see that its nesisary in order to move forward.