PDA

View Full Version : Eventlog no longer updates each flight, since installing W7

jdoehlert
12-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Anyone have any experience with this?

Ojisan_Tuck

Tully__
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
If you've installed the game in a sub-folder of c:\program files\ or c:\program files (x86)\ then Win7 security may be preventing the game from writing to the eventlog file. If this is the problem, you can simply drag the whole installation folder to a different location such as C:\games. You'll need to update or re-create your shortcuts to point at the new location though.

Also, make sure you the following lines in the conf.ini file are set as shown below:

[game]
eventlog=<filename.lst>
eventlogkeep=1
Where <filename.lst> is the name of the eventlog file. The default name is eventlog.lst. If you don't have eventlogkeep=1 then the game wont even try to write an eventlog file.

jdoehlert
12-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks so much Tully,

I see the eventlog keep is set to 0, but when I try to edit it to 1, when I go to save the edit, I get two screens, the first refers to saving in ANSI, and then the second is a notepad window saying I don't have access... any idea what I should be doing?

Thanks again,

Tuck

Tully__
12-18-2012, 01:15 PM
If the file is in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Il2 Sturmovik or a similar folder path, Windows is preventing you from editing the file. As I suggested in my earlier post, you'll need to move the entire game folder out of the Program Files folder to a location where Windows system security will allow you to edit the file.

jdoehlert
12-19-2012, 11:42 PM
You were absolutely correct, of course, once I moved the program to the desktop, I was able to edit the eventlog, and it now shows the data on the most current flight. It is great to have it back.

However, previously it would clear out the data on the last, previous, flight and show only that on the current flight. Now it cumulatively storing and showing the data on all previous flights as well as the current flight. Can this be changed with another edit?

Your help is MOST appreciated.

Tuck

Tully__
12-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Not sure, it's been maybe six or seven years since I used the eventlog and I can't remember the ins and outs. :(

jdoehlert
12-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Thanks Tully, you've been a great help, much appreciated

Tuck

FoolTrottel
12-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Change the LogKeep=1 into LogKeep=0 and it will start new and fresh.