PDA

View Full Version : Single Player - game auto-completing missions/ tasks

NZspurs
12-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Hi,

I'm playing a single player on survivor (medium) difficulty.
A couple of times I've been killed/ or filaed a task on the main story line.

Instead of reloading at my last completed check point, the game seems to want to complete the next part of the mission for me, and it respawns me at the next stage along the questilne.

For example, at the logging camp where you have to blow up the weapons cache ("playing the spoiler" mission) the guards spotted me and set off the alarm. I failed the mission. When I respanwed though, the alarm had been disabled and I was inside the camp. I'd rather o through and complete the task myself, the game is taking any chance for me to achieve the tasks.

Is this normal? (can I stop this by increasing the difficulty?)
Is it a bug?

RaZoRFINNISH
12-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Never happened to me on warrior.

audi_swift
12-16-2012, 12:14 PM
sounds like a bug have you a save game too ( you can save anytime well all most anytime in the game ( it gives you 2 save games then ) ? go to story & load & use save game instread of the autosave & see if that helps....

NZspurs
12-16-2012, 12:44 PM
sounds like a bug have you a save game too ( you can save anytime well all most anytime in the game ( it gives you 2 save games then ) ? go to story & load & use save game instread of the autosave & see if that helps....

Cheers,
I've used the last saved game. Worked OK.
Auto-save seems to be part of the problem.

Thanks for the help.

MrDJ
12-16-2012, 01:03 PM
happened to me twice now so you are not alone. im guessing your last shot actually finished that round but the video showed failed.

audi_swift
12-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Cheers,
I've used the last saved game. Worked OK.
Auto-save seems to be part of the problem.

Thanks for the help.

glad to help as i was gutted & worried i lost a lot of game time as i landed in too a cliff & i could not use the camera or throw rocks..... but i then saw i had a savegame apart from the faulty autosave, so i was happy to find that out.

have fun