PDA

View Full Version : AC 3 install error disk is full!!!!

venom800tt
12-15-2012, 09:45 PM
I've got the game from my purchase of a GTX grapchics card. I've managed to download the game from Ubishop. However the install is really frustrates me.
Before anything I have a C: drive 75GB SSD and a H: drive 2TB external hd. When I downloaded the game I got Assassins_Creed_III_Download_Manager. I moved that from my SSD C drive to the external hdd H: drive. Then tried to install and chose the path as my H drive (external HD). I had about 23 zip files in my H drive. I click on the 1st file to unzip all and the software forces the files to my SSD C: drive on the Temp folder. However I have only 4 GB left on my SSD because its only 75GB storage and that's why I use it to install my main apps. So I'm getting a disk full error. How can I install this game on my external hdd without it forcing the install into my main HDD??? I've waited 6 hours for the install and came to the conclusion that my main hd is full?? Why can't I just get a install file and install it in my external HD like all my Steam games?? If anyone know how to resolve this please help because I've been waiting for so long to get this game. Thanks

josh6135
12-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I have the same problem. I can not select which hdd I want AC3 to install in. It is extremely annoying. I have never had this type of problem with every program and game I have ever used on a pc since as long as I can remember. I hope future Ubisoft pc releases get functional versions that install properly.

venom800tt
12-16-2012, 08:14 AM
Well i found a solution to it. Hopefully this helps you "josh6135". Try to download Winrar software, the free version should still work. Right click on the Assassins_Creed_III_Setup.part01 and choose open with winrar. Then change the path from C: temp folder to wherever you want. Hit Extract to and wait for it to do its thing. Once its done you see Assassins Creed III Setup folder. Go inside and run the setup to install the game. Enjoy :)