PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 3 PS3 Version In Game Custom Tracks

KARATE_JOE18
12-15-2012, 04:10 AM
After completing Assassins Creed 3 which was an amazing game, I found that roaming around in the frontier and the cites, while completing side missions to be a little dull without music around. With such great and large maps in AC3, it would be nice to be able to play my own custom tracks while traveling in the game.
:nonchalance:

Nader-Abudiix
12-15-2012, 08:15 AM
I have been asking about this feature since AC brotherhood but they never put it in for PS3 users sadly.

dewgel
12-15-2012, 02:19 PM
I have been asking about this feature since AC brotherhood but they never put it in for PS3 users sadly.

I think that's more down to Sony than Ubisoft, with their **** restrictive music player. I really don't understand why we're not allowed to play music on so many games.

Baked_Cookies
12-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Problem solver here. Just turn on your radio or put on pandora or do look up songs on youtube. I mean really if you want to listen to music then by all means play music while you run around. Why does it have to be in game?

Nader-Abudiix
12-15-2012, 05:50 PM
I think that's more down to Sony than Ubisoft, with their **** restrictive music player. I really don't understand why we're not allowed to play music on so many games.

Sony enabled custom soundtrack via firmware 2 years ago. There are many multiplatform games that has it like RDR or sleeping dogs that came out 2 months b

pacmanate
12-15-2012, 06:03 PM
This is sonys fault... Only certain PS3 exclusives can do this and the only one I can remember is Motorstorm.

Nader-Abudiix
12-15-2012, 06:32 PM
This is sonys fault... Only certain PS3 exclusives can do this and the only one I can remember is Motorstorm. no way thats sony's fault. and its not Exclusives only feature, its up to the developer weather they are lazy or not. this year NFS most wanted, sleeping dogs and hitman had it from what i remeber. check out this list

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/PS3-PSN-Games-with-Custom-Soundtracks/td-p/31099592#

i remeber asking here on the forums a few times and i even talking to Ubigabe on twitter, he said they didnt have time to add it during brotherhood so i was like ok lets wait for revelations and its not in so 2 years later AC3 and its still not in

pacmanate
12-15-2012, 10:01 PM
^ But every xbox game can because its using MICROSOFT POWER

Chocoburger
12-16-2012, 05:44 AM
I think it has to do with using up some small amount of RAM? AC III barely runs poperly on PS3 as it is, to take away some more RAM away from the game to allocate it for custom soundtracks is the reason why you very rarely see it on PS3.

Why is it on Xbox 360 you ask? Because it's baked into the OS, it's already a done deal and there is no removing that feature, but it is not baked into the OS for PS3, thus game developers have to sacrifice RAM that could be used for in-game assets in order to create custom soundtracks.

And if you're wondering if it's possible to still add custom soundtracks in AC III, no it's not. It uses up all the available RAM the PS3 has to offer, there's nothing left to use for custom soundtracks or anything else really.

stalkmebaby
04-04-2014, 11:28 PM
this seriously is annoying tho. Ubisoft skips this amazing awesome ps3 features on most of their great titles sadly, which kinda makes me think ubisoft sucks even tho really i love them since the amiga. how can they not include custom mp3 soundtrack except in cloudberry kingdom? i think thats their only game that has it.

ubisoft really should title update ALL their games to bring mp3 support.