PDA

View Full Version : How did Walking dead beat AC3 as GOTY? and many other games?

TrueAssassin77
12-14-2012, 04:58 PM
how did this happen? Walking dead looks like a giant cut scene. Game Of The Year is suppose to be the game that no one can miss, regardless of genre and personal preference.

seems to me that this game is aimed at fans of the Walking dead series. how is that GOTY material? Just a bunch of emotional dialogue with choice answers sprinkled in, and some hands on quick-time events.

If walking Dead was able to win then AC sure as hell should have.

Ask yourselves this: Would a non-"walking dead" fan, realistically buy the walking dead game?

EDIT: guys, this isn;t a AC3 vs Walking Dead debate. Its a Walking Dead vs ALL THE OTHER GAMES. i only put ac3 in the title so the moderators know that this is kinda AC related

SixKeys
12-14-2012, 05:04 PM
how did this happen? Walking dead looks like a giant cut scene.

Just like AC3 then.

TrueAssassin77
12-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Just like AC3 then.

your OVER-exaggerating.

not ALL of Ac3 is a cut scene and to believe and say it is, would be lying.

Walking Dead is for the most part a cut-scene

DavisP92
12-14-2012, 05:43 PM
your OVER-exaggerating.

not ALL of Ac3 is a cut scene and to believe and say it is, would be lying.

Walking Dead is for the most part a cut-scene

because the story behind walking dead is amazing

Baked_Cookies
12-14-2012, 05:51 PM
The story behind Walking Dead is not even that good in my opinion. Stuff like that has been over played and I dont see why it got GOTY. Thats disrespectful to all the other great games that could have taken that title. Not only is Walking Dead a boring premise for a show but even worse as a game. Im not saying that because it got the GOTY and AC didnt because there are other games more worthy of such a title other that Walking Dead I think it was more of a fanboy decision kinda thing rather than based on how good the actual game is

By the way. If you are a Walking Dead fan dont attack me and tell me how great the show/game was/is its my opinion thats all

TrueAssassin77
12-14-2012, 05:55 PM
because the story behind walking dead is amazing

i guess story is the only thing we take into account when we decide game of the year. Screw gameplay, setting, originality, reception, technology, replayability, graphics, mechanics, impact, significance, and other factors.

shobhit7777777
12-14-2012, 05:57 PM
AC3 deserved **** all except awards for technical excellence (I mean look at Connor moving around). It was a cluster**** of a design.

Walking Dead was surprisingly good for a tie-in IP and was a fantastic narrative experiences that captivated many. It was innovative in that sense. AC3 is a stale-arse banal game.

I'm glad Walking Dead won.

DavisP92
12-14-2012, 06:04 PM
i guess story is the only thing we take into account when we decide game of the year. Screw gameplay, setting, originality, reception, technology, replayability, graphics, mechanics, impact, significance, and other factors.

Hmm... setting was interesting to those that liked it, gameplay was fun for those that liked it, originality? well there aren't any other games like it that's out. The reception was high i think. Technology meh. There multiple different ways to play the game, different endings. so the majority of it is done well. Don't be butt hurt that some other game won GOTY, i didn't play the walking dead but saw my friend play it. It looked interesting, not enough for me to buy it. But still interesting. If AC is GOTY for you then be happy with that

Baked_Cookies
12-14-2012, 06:09 PM
AC3 deserved **** all except awards for technical excellence (I mean look at Connor moving around). It was a cluster**** of a design.

Walking Dead was surprisingly good for a tie-in IP and was a fantastic narrative experiences that captivated many. It was innovative in that sense. AC3 is a stale-arse banal game.

I'm glad Walking Dead won.

So from your comment you seem to have something against AC3. Yes big issues with the game and blah blah blah but you really think a POS like Walking Dead deserved the GOTY? And Im not saying AC3 did but neither did a limp game like Walking Dead

shobhit7777777
12-14-2012, 07:22 PM
So from your comment you seem to have something against AC3. Yes big issues with the game and blah blah blah but you really think a POS like Walking Dead deserved the GOTY? And Im not saying AC3 did but neither did a limp game like Walking Dead

Game sucked. End of. Just like you think that Walking Dead was an undeserving POS; I feel the same for AC3.

kuled2012
12-14-2012, 07:29 PM
Game sucked. End of. Just like you think that Walking Dead was an undeserving POS; I feel the same for AC3.

Yup, your opinion is final. How dare anyone else to have a different opinion than yours!

Gi1t
12-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Meh, game of the year always struck me as a rather meaningless award. Seems to inspire a lot more spite than recognition, especially these days. XD The other awards acknowledge some particular strength within the game, but GOTY really doesn't give a reason, it just says "It's the best!" XD

Point is, nobody seems to agree on what the title is supposed to mean, which suggests that somehow there are people benefitting from all the arguments about it. IGN clearly gets some beneift from inciting riots on their site, but I've never heard what exactly they get from it. Do they get money based on the amount of traffic on their site or something? XD

AjinkyaParuleka
12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
ACIII totally deserved GOTY award...

shobhit7777777
12-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Yup, your opinion is final. How dare anyone else to have a different opinion than yours!

heh....you're not too big on comprehension are you?

I'm not mad at you for having a different opinion.....like the game? fine. I don't like it...simple.

Just like you think that Walking Dead was an undeserving POS; I feel the same for AC3.

^ see above. You like AC3 and have a strong opinion on Walking Dead....I like Walking Dead and have a strong opinion on AC3. I agreed to disagree.

Baked_Cookies
12-14-2012, 08:36 PM

And yet you are on a forum thats basically made about the AC3 title. Ironic much?

shobhit7777777
12-14-2012, 09:01 PM
And yet you are on a forum thats basically made about the AC3 title. Ironic much?

And your point is....?

Baked_Cookies
12-14-2012, 09:03 PM
And your point is....?

If you cant figure the point out for yourself then you are a lost cause.

pacmanate
12-14-2012, 09:07 PM
how did this happen? Walking dead looks like a giant cut scene. Game Of The Year is suppose to be the game that no one can miss, regardless of genre and personal preference.

seems to me that this game is aimed at fans of the Walking dead series. how is that GOTY material? Just a bunch of emotional dialogue with choice answers sprinkled in, and some hands on quick-time events.

Ask yourselves this: Would a non-"walking dead" fan, realistically buy the walking dead game?

Where do I start...

1. "Walking Dead looks like a giant cutscene" - Keyword is LOOKS. Go play it instead of prejudging.
2. It is a game no one should miss
3. Isn't AC3 geared towards fans of AC? Saying The Walking Dead game seems to be geared towards fans of the series is just idiotic.
4. "Choices sprinkled in" - At least it had some which affected other in game characters and how they react to you.
5. "Quick Time events" - COUGH AC3's hunting system was full of them and they were also "sprinkled" into cutscenes.

The Walking Dead has a better story too, and it obviously wasn't a game most people missed if it won Game of The Year.

Baked_Cookies
12-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Where do I start...

1. "Walking Dead looks like a giant cutscene" - Keyword is LOOKS. Go play it instead of prejudging.
3. Isn't AC3 geared towards fans of AC? Saying The Walking Dead game seems to be geared towards fans of the series is just idiotic.
4. "Choices sprinkled in" - At least it had some which affected other in game characters and how they react to you.
5. "Quick Time events" - COUGH AC3's hunting system was full of them and they were also "sprinkled" into cutscenes.

The Walking Dead has a better story too, and it obviously wasn't a game most people missed if it won Game of The Year.

I just think for me the reason why I cant really stand Walking Dead not just the game is because I DONT CARE ABOUT ZOMBIES. That card has been overplayed way way too much I mean we get it already dead people walking is scary and freaky. But really even the story behind Walking Dead was never really anything that got me interested. Its just another run of the mill zombiethon as far as Im concerned. So thats what turned me off on the game was the fact that the TV show is bleak and meaningless and the game is just as much. Just couldnt get into it. But I know there is a lot of fans of both the game and show which is fine Im not saying its an abomination but in my opinion its not something to be held up on a pedestal either.

shobhit7777777
12-14-2012, 09:28 PM
If you cant figure the point out for yourself then you are a lost cause.

I'm assuming its related to my comments on AC3 on an AC3 forum. Do I get a cookie now?

I don't think you understand why the forum exists.

Where do I start...

+1

Walking Dead was a media fav and got a LOT of front page time on a couple of gaming sites..IGN, Kotaku etc. And it wasn't the usual PR page either...they were proper articles indicative of how well the game was received.

Baked_Cookies
12-14-2012, 09:33 PM
No not at all you dont deserve a cookie. And I say about the AC3 forum because whats the point in trolling a forum about a game you apparently hate? Tell me the point and maybe then you will receive a cookie.

shobhit7777777
12-14-2012, 09:43 PM
No not at all you dont deserve a cookie. And I say about the AC3 forum because whats the point in trolling a forum about a game you apparently hate? Tell me the point and maybe then you will receive a cookie.

Trolling? It'd be stupid to ask you to look up my post history as that wouldn't be fair for you...but I can assure you that I've put in my fair share of constructive posts and page long points which address the cause of "hate".

I've diluted all of it into as a simple summary which perfectly sums up my personal feelings towards AC3 - AC3 sucked. Why do I persist here? because I see a lot of potential in the future instalments. I don't want to see the same mistakes being repeated and for that I will bluntly put my point forward whenever I can. It sucks I know...deal with it.

DonzTM
12-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Walking dead had more life to it, IMO. Just sayin..

Baked_Cookies
12-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Trolling? It'd be stupid to ask you to look up my post history as that wouldn't be fair for you...but I can assure you that I've put in my fair share of constructive posts and page long points which address the cause of "hate".

I've diluted all of it into as a simple summary which perfectly sums up my personal feelings towards AC3 - AC3 sucked. Why do I persist here? because I see a lot of potential in the future instalments. I don't want to see the same mistakes being repeated and for that I will bluntly put my point forward whenever I can. It sucks I know...deal with it.

I honestly still dont think you see how the fact of you being on a forum for a game you hate is pointless. I understand you can talk about more than just AC3 but really I havent seen much constructive criticism from your posts mainly just hatred towards the game and love for a game that is just not as good. And now I will gladly stop talking to you because I think you and I both know this isnt getting either of us anywhere considering our oppinions differ. But its been fun and you still didnt earn your cookie sorry. Maybe another person will be so kinda to give you one

shobhit7777777
12-14-2012, 10:02 PM
I honestly still dont think you see how the fact of you being on a forum for a game you hate is pointless. I understand you can talk about more than just AC3 but really I havent seen much constructive criticism from your posts mainly just hatred towards the game and love for a game that is just not as good. And now I will gladly stop talking to you because I think you and I both know this isnt getting either of us anywhere considering our oppinions differ. But its been fun and you still didnt earn your cookie sorry. Maybe another person will be so kinda to give you one

I'll deal with 0 cookies....you deal with my presence. :)

You can add me to the ignore list BTW. I can completely understand why you would get annoyed...so I suggest you do add me to the list....because I can assure you that you're not going to like what I have to say about AC3 in the future since (I'm assuming) you've enjoyed the game a lot.

SkiesSeven
12-14-2012, 10:08 PM

The fact that many people come here to criticize, is not out of hate. It's just a desire on the part of certain individuals to see certain changes. And I think it's fair for people to come to a forum like this one - precisely where the criticism should be directed - and say whatever they want about the game. There's no reason to get sensitive, or brand others as trolls.

xboxauditore
12-14-2012, 10:12 PM
Walking dead had more life to it, IMO. Just sayin..

Haha, A zombie game with Life!

I understand, The emotional side to The Walking Dead had more more sadness than AC3, Even Pewdiepie cried at the ending (I highly recommend watching that)

shobhit7777777
12-14-2012, 10:23 PM
The fact that many people come here to criticize, is not out of hate. It's just a desire on the part of certain individuals to see certain changes. And I think it's fair for people to come to a forum like this one - precisely where the criticism should be directed - and say whatever they want about the game. There's no reason to get sensitive, or brand others as trolls.

Thank You

TheBearJew32
12-14-2012, 10:47 PM

This man speaks the truth. What is the point of this thread? Whining about AC not getting GOTY? come on now

Assassin_M
12-14-2012, 10:48 PM
This thread is just begging for crap..

I played walking dead. Never thought it deserved GOTY

I`m glad AC III never won anything. Gives some thought to the developers. Had they won anything, they would`v boasted about the "Awesome" formula and kept doing much of the same **** we complained about..

AC III is not a perfect game. People do not hate it. They want it improved. That`s why they stay. some are more aggressive than others. We`re fans..

So...Get over it, really..I do not think WD deserved it, but neither did AC III

Gi1t
12-14-2012, 11:04 PM
This thread is just begging for crap..

I played walking dead. Never thought it deserved GOTY

I`m glad AC III never won anything. Gives some thought to the developers. Had they won anything, they would`v boasted about the "Awesome" formula and kept doing much of the same **** we complained about..

AC III is not a perfect game. People do not hate it. They want it improved. That`s why they stay. some are more aggressive than others. We`re fans..

So...Get over it, really..I do not think WD deserved it, but neither did AC III

Yeah, even though AC3 sounds like it's made some advancements, I feel like Ubisoft has been overdoing it, shoving out other games so they can make AC games every single year. -__- And it DOES seem like it's gone to their heads. Personally not a fan of zombies either, but again, it seems unnecessary to support or refute a game for an award that has no real agreed upon criteria in the first place. :D

Sushiglutton
12-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Haven't played WD, so can't comment on that. But in general it's tough for yearly franchises to win GOTY on most sites. For a game to be GOTY it should feel like it brought something really fresh, which is hard for a yearly franchise to achieve. The only comfort for Ubisoft, Treyarch and EA is that they make truckloads of money :)

pacmanate
12-14-2012, 11:33 PM
I just think for me the reason why I cant really stand Walking Dead not just the game is because I DONT CARE ABOUT ZOMBIES. That card has been overplayed way way too much I mean we get it already dead people walking is scary and freaky. But really even the story behind Walking Dead was never really anything that got me interested. Its just another run of the mill zombiethon as far as Im concerned. So thats what turned me off on the game was the fact that the TV show is bleak and meaningless and the game is just as much. Just couldnt get into it. But I know there is a lot of fans of both the game and show which is fine Im not saying its an abomination but in my opinion its not something to be held up on a pedestal either.

Its more about your connection to characters forced upon by zombies. Its not just kill zombies. You develop relationships very well to your character and to Clementine, the child you care for.

DroppedClock56
12-15-2012, 12:27 AM
So many walking dead fans. With so much fan support, I'm not suprised it got Game of the Year. I'm not saying it does or does not deserve the award because I am an Assassin's Creed fan. With this discussion I think it should not take place on this website for bias answers would be givin favoring Assassin's Creed.

TrueAssassin77
12-15-2012, 12:30 AM
So many walking dead fans. With so much fan support, I'm not suprised it got Game of the Year. I'm not saying it does or does not deserve the award because I am an Assassin's Creed fan. With this discussion I think it should not take place on this website for bias answers would be givin favoring Assassin's Creed.

Not really since, AC3's own fans think AC3 didn't deserve it either

Berrg3
12-15-2012, 12:51 AM
Yes, AC3 was a great game but, speaking as a AC fan, walking dead IS REALLY FAR BETTER.

Assassin_M
12-15-2012, 12:55 AM
You should take a look at the previous pages..

You do not know what you`re talking about..

TrueAssassin77
12-15-2012, 01:20 AM
There needs to be an award for best story.
SOTY

WD is basically a highly interactive cut scene.
GOTY needs to showcase the best ALL AROUND GAME. not something that excelled in one department while ignoring other faucets of gaming

D.I.D.
12-15-2012, 01:30 AM
Looking forward to playing Walking Dead. I don't normally like zombie-themed things that much, but I heard that they really make you care about certain characters and I've always enjoyed games that pull that off (Ico, Sands of Time, HL2 etc). Sounds like there are a lot of gut-wrenching choices to be made, and it's been a while since I played a good adventure game.

faucets of gaming

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mario-brothers-plumbing.jpg

TrueAssassin77
12-15-2012, 01:33 AM
Looking forward to playing Walking Dead. I don't normally like zombie-themed things that much, but I heard that they really make you care about certain characters and I've always enjoyed games that pull that off (Ico, Sands of Time, HL2 etc). Sounds like there are a lot of gut-wrenching choices to be made, and it's been a while since I played a interative cut scene like game .

http://shirtoid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mario-brothers-plumbing.jpg

fixed that for ya.
oh and i Lol'd at that picture :)

D.I.D.
12-15-2012, 01:40 AM
fixed that for ya.

Well, as other people have said, people who live in glass houses shouldn't make accusations about cutscenes. Plus, TWD is an adventure game, so it can't be accused of that.

I'm not sure if you caught the reason I posted the picture, but I'm glad you got something out of it.

TrueAssassin77
12-15-2012, 01:51 AM
Well, as other people have said, people who live in glass houses shouldn't make accusations about cutscenes. Plus, TWD is an adventure game, so it can't be accused of that.

I'm not sure if you caught the reason I posted the picture, but I'm glad you got something out of it.

facets of gaming= mario is a plumber

unless im missing something more subtle

Dachande_
12-15-2012, 05:55 AM
I have never played WD,ive heard alot about it..but never played it. Does WD have ambient music? If it does,then it deserves to win GOTY over AC3 in my opinion lol =)

AdrianJacek
12-15-2012, 10:42 AM
While TWD is good I don't think it deserved the GOTY. And it's not about the game itself (okay, it kinda is) but what it represents. It's a dumbed down interactive movie with a good story. Dreamfall has never won a GOTY. In fact it has only got 75 on Metacritic. TWD is the exact same deal. I don't want dumbed-down games to win, I want the actual adventure games to get some recognition.
But I guess that's why people like it so much - gameplay-wise ANYONE can beat and experience it. Heck - remmeber Deus Ex HR? It has more adventure game elelments than TWD and it's not even one for crying out loud!

pacmanate
12-15-2012, 03:18 PM
AC3 wouldn't even win story of the year if that was even a thing...

xboxauditore
12-15-2012, 04:54 PM
I knew that The Walking Dead would win as soon as I saw it, The story is great, The decisions have a strong effect on Lee and obviously, Cus Clementine is adorable!

ElleCore
12-15-2012, 04:59 PM
I played The Walking Dead and it does deserve to compete for GOTY. I would rather give the GOTY title to Walking Dead instead of AC3, but at the same time, AC3 was a big disappointment since Ubisoft can't make a freakin' PC port right.

reddragonhrcro
12-15-2012, 05:02 PM
It deserved to win,the story was fantastic eventought of it looking like a simple game.

pacmanate
12-15-2012, 05:58 PM
It deserved to win,the story was fantastic eventought of it looking like a simple game.

Exactly, games dont need to be complex to be great. They don't need crazy mechanics. Thats something AC3 did. Redid the whole movesets, animations, mo cap, combat etc, but if the story isn't amazing, those things don't mean ****.

DroppedClock56
12-16-2012, 06:01 PM
You should take a look at the previous pages..

You do not know what you`re talking about..

I do know what I am talking about sir, I have read the previous pages and I know people do not support AC3. I am just saying that the Walking Dead has a lot of fans who love the show therefor support the game. But this is the Assassins Creed forums so I believe more accorate honest answers would be on another forum page for 100 percent non bias answers.

Baked_Cookies
12-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I do know what I am talking about sir, I have read the previous pages and I know people do not support AC3. I am just saying that the Walking Dead has a lot of fans who love the show therefor support the game. But this is the Assassins Creed forums so I believe more accorate honest answers would be on another forum page for 100 percent non bias answers.

Listen right off the bat Im not arguing. But Walking Dead should have in no way won. The premise of the show is bleak and out played and its equally bleak and out played as a video game so for it to win something like the GOTY is just a little crazy. And I think that was based more off of the TV show fanboys than anything. And to whoever said AC3 story wasnt up to par with that of Walking Dead is just wrong. I think every forum would be the same 2 different opinions about 2 different games. Bottom line is Walking Dead show and game are just a little too boring for me

iNvid22
12-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Telltale proved with the walking dead that you dont need a massive budget or cutting edge graphics or AAA status to make a good game. Its one of the most memorable videogame experiences ever created, and they raised the bar for storytelling in videogames (not that it was very high to begin with mind you).Thats why.

It was completley unexpected, after the hype around AC3 i thought this would be the one that really elevates the series and nets them some GOTY awards (they deserved some for AC2 and ACB) but no, although there is plenty to like about this ambitious game, they messed up, simple as.

Baked_Cookies
12-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Telltale proved with the walking dead that you dont need a massive budget or cutting edge graphics or AAA status to make a good game. Its one of the most memorable videogame experiences ever created, and they raised the bar for storytelling in videogames (not that it was very high to begin with mind you).

Thats why

Sorry but there really is no story that I think is good in the Walking Dead. Once again a fanboy that helped propel a POS game to a new level for no reason. Just because there was a TV show about it. I dont know what games you play that dont have a high bar for story telling but then you have a bad choice in the games you pick to play. Once again Walking Dead is a horrible TV show and game. The whole zombie thing is just a dumb actually

EDIT- by the way Im not saying AC3 had the story of all stories because it did not Im just saying that to say the bar for story telling in a game was set low already is a pathetic statement to make towards all great games that have deserved such an award unlike Walking Dead

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
This is better...No this....No this...No No This....Naaah This....It`s better

Basically is what I`ll see in the next 10 or so posts..

iNvid22
12-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Sorry but there really is no story that I think is good in the Walking Dead. Once again a fanboy that helped propel a POS game to a new level for no reason. Just because there was a TV show about it. I dont know what games you play that dont have a high bar for story telling but then you have a bad choice in the games you pick to play. Once again Walking Dead is a horrible TV show and game. The whole zombie thing is just a dumb actually

EDIT- by the way Im not saying AC3 had the story of all stories because it did not Im just saying that to say the bar for story telling in a game was set low already is a pathetic statement to make towards all great games that have deserved such an award unlike Walking Dead

wow, im outta here

http://i.imgur.com/Wefp1.gif

Baked_Cookies
12-16-2012, 09:51 PM
This is better...No this....No this...No No This....Naaah This....It`s better

Basically is what I`ll see in the next 10 or so posts..

You mean the same thing I have seen you do in posts? Dont be a hypocrite when you people all do the same thing.

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 09:53 PM
You mean the same thing I have seen you do in posts? Dont be a hypocrite when you people all do the same thing.
xD Wow bro

Baked_Cookies
12-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Just stating facts bro

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Just stating facts bro
Haha.......No

Baked_Cookies
12-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Haha.......No

Yeah Im already done talking to you. But have a good day BRO

shobhit7777777
12-16-2012, 09:59 PM

Calm Down

Baked_Cookies
12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Thats two different convos to two different people by the way. And neither of them were you I dont think? But thanks for reposting what I said READ AS SARCASM not being a ******

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Yeah Im already done talking to you.
Good

shobhit7777777
12-16-2012, 10:08 PM
http://s3.roosterteeth.com/images/Batpez4ad163b6364f1.jpg

Calm down please.

Kaschra
12-16-2012, 10:38 PM

So just because you think something is dumb and horrible, everyone else thinks the same? Nope.
Seriously, calm down.

TrueAssassin77
12-16-2012, 10:44 PM
AC3 didnt deserve it, but WD didn't either.
my opinion.

psf22
12-16-2012, 10:49 PM
The Walking Dead series horrible? E ehhh. Don't think so.

TrueAssassin77
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
The Walking Dead series horrible? E ehhh. Don't think so.

for peopel who arent in to zombies.

Assassin_M
12-16-2012, 11:08 PM
for peopel who arent in to zombies.
I`m not into Zombies either and I thought it was an amazing game, not GOTY caliber for me, but it was definitely worth the buy..

I implore you to look past the Zombie theme. It`s far more complex than just ZOMBIEEZ..trust me

DroppedClock56
12-18-2012, 04:01 AM
@Baked Cookies

Yes I do think Assassins Creed 3 is a better game but the fanboys made the game as popular as it is

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 04:58 AM

EDIT: guys, this isn;t a AC3 vs Walking Dead debate. Its a Walking Dead vs ALL THE OTHER GAMES. i only put ac3 in the title so the moderators know that this is kinda AC related

Actually, yeah, I wasn't a fan of twd before the game, and I'm still not, only a fan to the game. Assassin's Creed lost for 2 reason's. Bugs and a unsatisfying end. They're both great games, and GOTY is only a person, or group of peoples opinion.

diamonshop
12-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Actually, yeah, I wasn't a fan of twd before the game, and I'm still not, only a fan to the game. Assassin's Creed lost for 2 reason's. Bugs and a unsatisfying end. They're both great games, and GOTY is only a person, or group of peoples opinion.

I completely agree with all points! TWD the game was amazing, but I hate the show. Assassin's Creed 3 could have won GOTY if it was polished up and if they made the modern day story bits worthwhile. In my opinion, the modern day story was completely neglected and ruined five years of building Desmond's story. I don't think that AC3 should've won GOTY, but I am glad a game as emotional as TWD won.

pacmanate
12-20-2012, 01:21 PM
I completely agree with all points! TWD the game was amazing, but I hate the show. Assassin's Creed 3 could have won GOTY if it was polished up and if they made the modern day story bits worthwhile. In my opinion, the modern day story was completely neglected and ruined five years of building Desmond's story. I don't think that AC3 should've won GOTY, but I am glad a game as emotional as TWD won.

Nice post! AC3 could have won GOTY if it was way more polished and had a more conistant story (my opinion). But it didn't. The Walking Dead had an amazing story and that is due to it following the comics. If Telltale do a season 2, which they most likely are, I think it will be their own writing team? Not sure, but if they continue to make the games as emotional as the first game then they are going to get great recognition too.

Avagantamoz
12-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Walking Dead won the award on it's story alone. It's gameplay is sure as hell not GOTY worthy.

HareyMon
12-20-2012, 09:45 PM
The walking dead won because of its characters, mostly bug free game, and the amazing storytelling. Oh yeah, and its actually likeable characters! Really considering selling ac3 and buying that or a real stealth game. (Hitman)

ProletariatPleb
12-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Well mainly because it nailed characters, plot(actually LIKABLE AND GOOD characters). I cannot say AC3 was as good as I expected without being a fanboy. It felt........I cannot describe, unpolished? The core mechanics didn't feel like the core mechanics at all. The tree-running was average. Freerunning in general felt like it had no 'substance' like he was gliding instead of applying effort. Combat was pretty decent, but not challenging enough. Story had odd pacing and I think it was quite inconsistent in places. Naval was hyped but very short. The game lacked assassination targets, the homestead missions were more fleshed out.

I do like the game, but it was FAAARRRRR from GOTY material. Speaking of Far, I think Far Cry 3 could've been GOTY if it had come out a bit earlier.

TL;dr version - Two steps forward, five steps backward.

ShrunkLawyer0
12-20-2012, 11:05 PM
assassin-m thank you ac3 isnt a perfect and yet i seeso much of what it could be its so frustrating

Gi1t
12-20-2012, 11:11 PM
The walking dead won because of its characters, mostly bug free game, and the amazing storytelling. Oh yeah, and its actually likeable characters! Really considering selling ac3 and buying that or a real stealth game. (Hitman)

I've heard great things from a friend of mine about all the Hitman games except for the most recent one which he doesn't have, so no ida about that one. ;)

Assassin_M
12-20-2012, 11:55 PM
I've heard great things from a friend of mine about all the Hitman games except for the most recent one which he doesn't have, so no ida about that one. ;)

I`v been following and playing the series, Absolution disappointed me, if you`v never played a Hitman before, then I suggest Absolution Mainly because you do not have the sweet taste of Blood Money in your mouth..

Just my 2 cents

Will_Lucky
12-21-2012, 12:42 AM
Just like AC3 then.

Dang it, first thought that came to my mind as well :D.

im3jia
12-21-2012, 04:17 AM
OFF TOPIC: Episode One of the Walking Dead is free on the App Store, if you want to give it try. It only runs on 4th gen.+ iPhone/iPod touch and iPad 2+

shobhit7777777
12-21-2012, 07:04 AM
I`v been following and playing the series, Absolution disappointed me, if you`v never played a Hitman before, then I suggest Absolution Mainly because you do not have the sweet taste of Blood Money in your mouth..

Just my 2 cents

To add to that.....Absolution is more similar to the pre-BM games and does in fact stray from the BM formula due to the level design and mission structure.....it'll be very hard to adjust to Absolution if BM was your favourite.

Contracts is perhaps the only Hitman game which bridges a lot of the gaps between Absolution and C47

ProletariatPleb
12-21-2012, 09:25 AM
There is not a single Hitman game I dislike till now(Absolution included).

pacmanate
12-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Im going to pick up absolution seeing as its dirt cheap. I also like being an Assassin, HINT.