PDA

View Full Version : Release Notes - December 18th 2012

Aza404
12-14-2012, 04:12 PM
December 18 Release notes:

Please note that we will perform a maintenance time of 4 HOURS, BETWEEN 4PM AND 8PM (Paris Time)

For additional details about VOID RISING, see this forum post. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/739637-Introducing-Void-Rising!)

New Features

Release of Series #1: Void Rising
· New cards for all existing factions
· Introducing a new faction: Sanctuary
· Over 100 new cards have been added to the game

20 New Achievements featuring rewards such as:
· Elite Faction Banners
· New Void Heroes
· Alternate Arts
· Void Rising Packs

Emilio’s Packs
· Introducing a new type of Pack that combines cards from the Basic set and the new expansion Void Rising.

Mission 2
· A new Mission featuring 4 new Encounters has been unlocked in the single Player Campaign.

Spanish
· We added Spanish to our list of supported languages.
· Bienvenida a los nuevos jugadores :)

Tournament

New Tournament Elo search
· To maximize evenly matched games, we narrowed the Elo search in order to have a better matchmaking.

Balancing
Following the numerous feedback from the community we increased the cost value of Infect ability.
Except for the Plague Skeleton, all creatures with infect have lost 1 point of attribute.

Necropolis Balancing:
· Fate Spinner HP from 7 to 6
· Putrid Lamasu HP from 7 to 6
· Fate Weaver HP from 9 to 8
· Plague Zombie Retaliation from 2 to 1

General

New Achievement sorting

The number of Event cards for a valid deck is increased from 5 to 8

Game Icon with new resolution

New Defeat Banner when losing a match

Exp bar is now animated to show progression

Level Up Screen has been added

Improvement of Mulligan screen

Many game bugs have been fixed

New iPad version coming soon

r3tsa
12-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Sooner than I expected, what hour?

Matrix.disc
12-14-2012, 04:36 PM
The presence of the Emilio's packs means... that there will be no pure Void Rising packs? Or am I just confused.

r3tsa
12-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah it seems so, also there won't be any direct nerf of Ariana or Nergal.

Aza404
12-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi guys,

The maintenance next Tuesday will take place from 3pm to 7pm UK time!

Best,
Aza

hydramarine
12-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Nice. Time to hoard some more like I dont have enough already :P

Aza: Will the old booster pack prices will get reduced? I think it will be good for newer players that way.

Aza404
12-14-2012, 05:13 PM
No Hydra, the prices of old booster packs will not change.

jones333333
12-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Good news!!

When you say "New iPad version coming soon", does it mean that the release of the iPad version will also be the 18 th????

Please try to not answer "very very soon" :) release date of the iPad version was normally in October...

I understand that you encounter some difficulties with this version so thanks in advance for your help.

aldheart
12-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Balancing
Following the numerous feedback from the community we increased the cost value of Infect ability.
Except for the Plague Skeleton, all creatures with infect have lost 1 point of attribute.

Necropolis Balancing:
· Fate Spinner HP from 7 to 6
· Putrid Lamasu HP from 7 to 6
· Fate Weaver HP from 9 to 8
· Plague Zombie Retaliation from 2 to 1

so generally, necro got now : lower attack, higher price and lower hp? ... curious...

Any news about improve chat in-game [match] and/or freinds/global ?

Mabufudyne
12-14-2012, 06:43 PM
The presence of the Emilio's packs means... that there will be no pure Void Rising packs? Or am I just confused.

If you read right above that line, your question is answered.

20 New Achievements featuring rewards such as:
· Elite Faction Banners
· New Void Heroes
· Alternate Arts
· Void Rising Packs

Emilio’s Packs
· Introducing a new type of Pack that combines cards from the Basic set and the new expansion Void Rising.

---

As for balance, not a fan of upping events to 8 without nerfing the Siegfried deck in some way. Now even week of taxes cannot stop it.

r3tsa
12-14-2012, 07:22 PM
We still don't know all new cards, that may be the answer.

Hakko83
12-14-2012, 07:59 PM
As for balance, not a fan of upping events to 8 without nerfing the Siegfried deck in some way. Now even week of taxes cannot stop it.
Yeah... i hope to see some cards to balance him with the new expansion.
A fix that limit how many cards you can hold in your hand would be nice.

Mabufudyne
12-14-2012, 09:05 PM
What possible answer could there be? Prison -> 0 mana

They would have to release a 0 mana card that somehow refunds your mana.

leonid1995927
12-14-2012, 09:44 PM
Pay X Life, get Y resources.

Would that work?

renders7
12-14-2012, 09:59 PM
looks like i picked a good time to start,better grind some more until tuesday:)

r3tsa
12-14-2012, 10:12 PM
What possible answer could there be? Prison -> 0 mana

They would have to release a 0 mana card that somehow refunds your mana.

You really see that as problem? You can pay in advance to make yourself safe. Actually that's pretty mind blowing approach, but it's possible.

Thanisse
12-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Odd balancing choices .
I wouldn't have nerfed putrid lamasu /spinner and weaver at HP . now the 4 and 5 might creatures can't stop a buffed juggernaut . I would have gone and nippet at their reataliation or attack for putrid lamasu rather then HP.
I do agree with zombie getting zipped in the retaliation . had much staying power + poison and good retaliation .

sad to see no siegfried + DA nerf .
hope 3 damage spells get widely accesible to more factions /heroes

Thanisse
12-14-2012, 10:17 PM
You really see that as problem? You can pay in advance to make yourself safe. Actually that's pretty mind blowing approach, but it's possible.

you can't beat prison after they remove everything from your field with 4x broken bridge, but that is a problem they really need to adress with a maximum hand size or resource pool or both.

Hakko83
12-14-2012, 10:20 PM
you can't beat prison after they remove everything from your field with 4x broken bridge, but that is a problem they really need to adress with a maximum hand size or resource pool or both.
Yeah, and pulling out the entire deck in one turn isin't normal, this is why many games limit how many cards you can keep in your hands at the same time.

Thanisse
12-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah, and pulling out the entire deck in one turn isin't normal, this is why many games limit how many cards you can keep in your hands at the same time.

I really hope that just escaped Aza , since I doubt they only nerfed the necro creatures .
there are other things that screamed for fixing as well.

r3tsa
12-14-2012, 10:27 PM

Of course you can, if you aren't lock with the prison you still can manage even with cleared field and if that is done with Bridges the whole field is clear, you didn't get my point.

Plus I suggested hand limit somewhere long before during closed beta, when there were problems with OTK decks, that's probably intent to make mechanic original.

Thanisse
12-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Of course you can, if you aren't lock with the prison you still can manage even with cleared field and if that is done with Bridges the whole field is clear, you didn't get my point.

Plus I suggested hand limit somewhere long before during closed beta, when there were problems with OTK decks, that's probably intent to make mechanic original.

did you try that new siegfried deck that makes 200 resources and draws his whole deck , then plays 4x broken bridge and 1 prison each turn
you can't come back from that unless you somehow have more health then he can deal damage in 3 turns with full creatures on his side of the field and you not doing anything ... which can't be done .

it's a very risky strategy ... either it works or it doesn't , but it's not exactly counterable in any way , shape or form .
you just have to pray that he doesn't draw the cards he needs fast enough .

Ryuk_ITA
12-14-2012, 11:08 PM
i think with a limit card in your hand (and when u take a new card u must discard 1 ) otk and siegfried are balanced.. but 1 question... all new card can be found in emilio's pack? new hero too?

Hakko83
12-14-2012, 11:20 PM
then plays 4x broken bridge and 1 prison each turn

Yeah, the problem is that they can keep you "imprisoned" for 3 consecutive turns... just happened to me :)

r3tsa
12-14-2012, 11:30 PM
The card idea I suggested would work the way that you can pay in advance to "dispell" one of ongoing fortunes, that also applies to Altar of Shadows, so yes that deck wouldn't work also.

Good question Ryuk.

Hakko83
12-14-2012, 11:49 PM
The card idea I suggested would work the way that you can pay in advance to "dispell" one of ongoing fortunes, that also applies to Altar of Shadows, so yes that deck wouldn't work also.

Yes, but i don't think that is this easy: if it's an event there is the rotation, a spell can be dispelled, and in any other case... you'll need to pay resources forever? Is a huge handicap...

I think the only logic (and easiest?) solution it's the cards limit, but every new solution that may come with the new expansion is welcome.

r3tsa
12-15-2012, 12:52 AM
Decide if you want to mess up with Prison itself or not. I'm lost here, i just threw simple idea that is adjustable to be ongoing fortune counter, you pay once and get undispellable token(or even own ongoing fortune, that you can later activate with no cost you pay to put in board) used only to dispell ongoing fortunes(the next played by opponent, one of your choice in next 1,2,5 turns or permanent). Hell even if that would be a spell, then Siegfried decks had too adjust I never mentioned any event. Suggestion was just to show Mabufudyne that it is possible to devise counter for prison in current game mechanic.

Uraxor
12-15-2012, 02:29 AM
I thought of 2 ways to make Prison bearable:

1) add "Prison can't be played if one was played last turn."

or

2) change it's cost, something like:
Cost: X where X is number of total Might/Magic/Fortune points of enemy.

1) obviously breaks the 4 Prison chain, 2) would encourage playing longer decks with higher cost creatures and spells, which is always a good thing :)
both adjustments would imho keep the card very strong, yet not the 'oh great I lost, what's next?' craziness as it is now

ValerioB80
12-15-2012, 02:33 AM
I played my Ariana with fun till now, winning some and losing some as it's normal. Now with the nerf the deck will become almost useless, since there will be almost no way to stop inferno rushers (2 retaliation zombie was a good counter to juggernout for ex, 1 ret is not, same for many other cards) nor to survive to Shaar OTK spells (difficult even now). Instead of nerfing Nergal (wich is the problem) they nerfed the whole necro faction... giving Nergal ability 1 resource cost and Ariana killing just poison countered (and not rage countered) creatures would have been good. Nerfing necro's creatures health was a bad idea imho. No problem anyway for me, I'll go Shaar OTK (even more powerful now), just saying...

leonid1995927
12-15-2012, 03:10 AM
I'll also probably avoid Necro after this patch.

Feels like they did it on an impulse.

ValerioB80
12-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Off Topic: could someone gime me hints for my Shaar deck in "post your deck" section of the forum? :-)

leonid1995927
12-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Off Topic: could someone gime me hints for my Shaar deck in "post your deck" section of the forum? :-)

I thought I already did? Besides, you need to ask that question in the proper section.

Thanisse
12-15-2012, 09:18 AM
I'll also probably avoid Necro after this patch.

Feels like they did it on an impulse.

the whole necro faction isn't nerfed. just the poison counter creatures.
Zombie had it coming , it was honestly 1 health short of Lamasu and poison is indeed a bit better then 1 stat point .

I don't really like the nerf on health of spinner and Putrid Lamasu though (I couldn't care less about weaver since I already found it lacking given it's cost )
I'd rather they take away 1 attack from Lamasu or 1 retaliation ... spinner was nice honestly , at least compared to tainted orc (had 4 less stats then him for those 2 poison counters which I think goes exaclty how they want poison to cost now )

my only hope is they didn't just nerf necro if they did change things.
I honestly never had trouble dealing with weavers and Putrid Lamasus with inferno so I really don't see the reason behind this .

I do have a theory why they made infect cost 2 stat points
I presume the paralysis will be a necro thing as well , and if it does what I hope it does (keep a creature from attacking until counters are depleated ) poisoning something then paralising it could be a really powerful combination .

leonid1995927
12-15-2012, 09:59 AM
They hit the core creatures of the faction.

They hit their most defining traits.

They hit them on an impulse.

They seem to have targeted only one faction.

They seem to have done it without adjusting for the new meta.

They seem to have used only one approach to the balancing.

They basically ripped the current Necro core to shreds without a thought.

If Necro didn't get something really shiny to replace these cards, people are gonna stop using the faction entirely in non-control settings.

Thanisse
12-15-2012, 11:06 AM
well , players did get their worth out of nergal .
honestly it's time he's replaced as "the most efficient deck " to play

and I wouldn't mind to play only spell control necro :P
provided I get 3 more banshees -___-

and I really doubt they did it on an impulse
players asked for nergal to get nerfed and some other things like prison and DA + siegfried power
they must have tested for something if they came up with this nerf decision , and even though I don't really like it , it might have something to do with the new paralysis .

also , they can't expect people to be happy without at least SOME nerf to siegfrieds effect .

leonid1995927
12-15-2012, 12:20 PM
I never once used the word Nergal in my post.

Edit.
Something which I have now edited to reflect. :cool:

crazy5617
12-15-2012, 05:49 PM
OMG, guys what are you doing with necro? Nergal needs nerf, not necro. They will be too weak and no one will play necro any more. It's sad.

Thanisse
12-15-2012, 06:41 PM
OMG, guys what are you doing with necro? Nergal needs nerf, not necro. They will be too weak and no one will play necro any more. It's sad.

don't worry , most good necro creatures are still good .
and honeslty , after thinking trough a bit , the poison creatures were all a bit powerful , just sad to see the 7 health ones lose health :(
that all .

there are plenty of replacements though :) don't worry :P
plus new cards now :P

hydramarine
12-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Nergal is indirectly nerfed with all the creature nerfs now. Nergals you face will surely be weaker than before. As for the poison creatures nerf, I am sure developers considered it. We may see its reason when we know more about the new cards.

crazy5617
12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Maybe you are rights guys. Maybe new cards will bring new opportunities to necro and also another fractions. I hope.

Uraxor
12-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Nergal is indirectly nerfed with all the creature nerfs now. Nergals you face will surely be weaker than before. As for the poison creatures nerf, I am sure developers considered it. We may see its reason when we know more about the new cards.

yeah that is our best hope. that the pieces will make sense once we see the whole picture.
but still... IF that happens .. WHY would they only announce the part that is bound to upset [almost] everyone?
even if they prefer to keep the rest as a secret they could go with something like 'Necro will face many changes that will affect the basic set cards as well' .. that'd be 200% better.

Thanisse
12-15-2012, 08:46 PM
yeah that is our best hope. that the pieces will make sense once we see the whole picture.
but still... IF that happens .. WHY would they only announce the part that is bound to upset [almost] everyone?
even if they prefer to keep the rest as a secret they could go with something like 'Necro will face many changes that will affect the basic set cards as well' .. that'd be 200% better.

well most people were frustrated about necro , and I guess that is why they showed the necro nerfs :P

MT...
12-16-2012, 06:49 AM

The above sentence to me reads as to separate things.

The first sentence suggests that Nergal’s Poison ability will now cost something, and the second sentence suggests that all infect creatures will lose 1 attribute point from either: health, attack, or retaliation.

Matrix.disc
12-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Nergal is not nerfed. Infect creatures lose one point of stats, except for the Plague Skeleton.
Definitely.

aldheart
12-16-2012, 02:24 PM
anyway, its not fair while dev nerfs one fraction, and will not do anything with others... ok, may u says that Im new etc, but I tryed play not only necros, (+ spoke with community, the guys 1k+elo] and as I see, that necro overall arent soooo OP to make them nerf the basic creatures... someone mentioned that now the Inferno rush will be unstopable - I agree with that... while for cheap we got strong crest... As I played long the MTG, and few other cards games, I know that balance came in time, but... but if we are in online game, some thing could be fixed... befor ppl starts quitting...

leonid1995927
12-16-2012, 04:32 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I think they already have.

I've been checking the tourny for the past few days and there are over 100-200 people less participating now than there were weeks ago.

keadlash
12-16-2012, 05:23 PM
This gonna be a rush inferno and siegfried fest.

The number of people playing tournament decreased significantly, the pot of weeks ago was more than 2,5 milion and now the pot is like 2M or less.

groumph88
12-16-2012, 06:22 PM
And now we are doomed....They never should change anything.

It will be a cry fest from everyone, the nerf hammer will destroy the joy, the game will drown at each rebalance with more cry and moaning...

And more over, necro creature was not very op, only Nergal was pointed by the community....So: WTF?

(ps: i dont' play necro)

ValerioB80
12-16-2012, 09:22 PM
I don't think the situation is ad catastrophic as you are saying, but yes this nerf don't seems a good idea at all. Let's see what will come with the new patch anyway...

psychobabble.
12-17-2012, 12:24 AM
The event change seems huge to me. This drastically reduces the effectiveness of week of taxes/mana storm, which could have some very big effects on the meta which we can't predict. In that context, I actually think the necro nerf regardless of its merits is probably premature here. The most popular nergal deck is creature-only which is likely to be the archetype most hurt by the reduced effectiveness of those two events. I think the changes themselves don't seem too bad (although I haven't played much nergal), but in this context I'm not sure they're a good idea. Having said that, maybe they were worried about the power of, say, ariana now that mana storm is weaker.

I'm glad to see they haven't made the "easy" nerf though which would be to add 1 to Nergal's activation cost. That ability isn't worth a card, which is the value of a hero activation, so it absolutely deserves to be free.

leonid1995927
12-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Decide already. Is it free or is it not free?

You said it costs a card to use it.

psychobabble.
12-17-2012, 01:58 AM
it does cost a card. if you activate it, you can't activate your hero's "pay 1 draw 1".

ValerioB80
12-17-2012, 03:06 AM
So you actually sacrifice a card to get the poison counter and 1 resource saved... in the early game is a lot, with many 2hp creatures and very limited resource pool... other hero for example sacrifice 2 cards to deal 2 damages (ok, instantly, but are 2 cards!), or pay 2-3 resources (in addition to the usual card) to activate their ability. I mean... if so many people plays Nergal there must be a reason :-)

leonid1995927
12-17-2012, 03:50 AM
You forgot. Increasing Might/Magic/Destiny also "costs" 1 card.

psychobabble.
12-17-2012, 04:23 AM
You forgot. Increasing Might/Magic/Destiny also "costs" 1 card.
were you talking to me? because I didn't forget that :).

leonid1995927
12-17-2012, 05:30 AM
Cool.

r3tsa
12-17-2012, 07:59 AM
So when you don't have resources to draw a card and use ability then it's still not free? ^^ You yourself decide if it is "free" or not, most of the time I use ability prior to card drawing, even in late game. The point is if you are forced to draw, you are already behind.

Ipwnfour
12-17-2012, 08:25 AM
So when you don't have resources to draw a card and use ability then it's still not free? ^^ You yourself decide if it is "free" or not, most of the time I use ability prior to card drawing, even in late game. The point is if you are forced to draw, you are already behind.

Exactly

hydramarine
12-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Semantics, gotta love it. Let's make fun of Kal-Azaar's ability because it costs you 2 cards to use it. That ability is terrible, ugh. Oh wait, it is not. Judge abilities according to their cost and what they do. In this light, Nergal's ability seem to need 1 or 2 resource cost now that infect is even more valuable than before.

Back to the thread, I wonder how alternate arts will work.

ValerioB80
12-17-2012, 05:05 PM
I was not saying Kal-Azaar ability is terrible, absolutely, was just comparing that one with Nergal one. If we say that Nergal's ability costs 1 card, then Kal-Azaar's one costs 2 cards. Ok in some situations 2 instant damages are far better, but with some planning you can use Nergal's poison counter to kill too (putting counter on creatures with 1hp left), and it can do more than 2 damage if you put it on a creature you can hold down in other ways. In the end, and you agree with this, 1 resource cost would be needed for Nergal.

About alternate arts: I think they won't do anything more than looking different...

hydramarine
12-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I was making a sarcastic comment after psychobabble. said Nergal's ability costed you a card. You were safe from my sarcasm, dont worry :P

Thanisse
12-17-2012, 05:57 PM
I was not saying Kal-Azaar ability is terrible, absolutely, was just comparing that one with Nergal one. If we say that Nergal's ability costs 1 card, then Kal-Azaar's one costs 2 cards. Ok in some situations 2 instant damages are far better, but with some planning you can use Nergal's poison counter to kill too (putting counter on creatures with 1hp left), and it can do more than 2 damage if you put it on a creature you can hold down in other ways. In the end, and you agree with this, 1 resource cost would be needed for Nergal.

About alternate arts: I think they won't do anything more than looking different...

you're clearly undervalueing Kal'azar's ability .
with it you can clear path to deal the killing blow, or to an important creature you want to destroy NOW!

poison needs a lot of planing, and it's not the same : taking 4 from DA or just killing it on the spot .
this is just one good example why poison counter is less powerful .

Also , note that kal azar's power weould be as good as a card (fire bolt ) if it wouldn't cost you to discard another one .
you would never draw cards with kalazar anymore if it were on pay resources.
this is perhaps the ONLY hero skill that I like with discard card as a cost .

hydramarine
12-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Though logic dictates if discard: 2 dmg is good, discard: heal 3 should also be good. On paper anyway :)

Thanisse
12-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Though logic dictates if discard: 2 dmg is good, discard: heal 3 should also be good. On paper anyway :)

that requires a creature that can actually survive something and be good at something else then survival (I'm looking at you imperial guard ! )

if the heal were heal hero as well , then it might be good .

ALANCASANOVA
12-17-2012, 08:22 PM
the cost of the new pack?

Thanisse
12-17-2012, 09:11 PM
the cost of the new pack?

there is little reason to believe it's going to be more expensive :P
it's going to be same price most likely .

r3tsa
12-17-2012, 09:13 PM
What concerns me more is the fact if there are going to be big boxes(for seals) with new set.

ValerioB80
12-18-2012, 12:18 AM
I'd like to know too, but I think there will certainly be, just maybe not the 1st day (so discounts only for those that can wait ;-)

r3tsa
12-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Im going to start with Heroic Packs either way.

ValerioB80
12-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Well there are boxes for heroes too, in basic set...hope there will be for new set too :-)

r3tsa
12-18-2012, 01:25 AM
I don't like them.

cajun2de
12-18-2012, 05:06 AM
where there any info on the new stuff available at the shop?

will there be a void serious box?

Rocambole4
12-18-2012, 05:21 AM
And now we are doomed....They never should change anything.

It will be a cry fest from everyone, the nerf hammer will destroy the joy, the game will drown at each rebalance with more cry and moaning...

And more over, necro creature was not very op, only Nergal was pointed by the community....So: WTF?

(ps: i dont' play necro)

First I gotta say - I discovered the game just a few days ago, but I played some MM games (including the last) and I played magic for the last, dunno, lots of years (since Revised and The Dark).

I think this game has amazing qualities, I already spend like 75 dollars in it, an heroic box and a serious box (obviously to play a decent deck, but also because I want it to succeed), and I've been playing a lot, in tournaments and normal challenges. I'm lv 9 and a half right now, with 473 rating - so, I guess I'm an average player, specially considering the small ammount of time I've been playing the game.

I cannot say I uderstand every detail of balance in this game atm, I`m a new player, but I can say, necro isn't what's killing me all the time.

From what I felk (AKA what destroyed me with no hope), Inferno rush decks with Xorm and Haven decks with prision combos are what`s blatantly dominating the meta. Necro decks were good, but not that much better than defensive Haven decks meant to win in the late game... and I tried Necro, but frankly, those nerfs make me less inclined to invest in making a really good necro deck.

Heck, if it's ok to be forced to put cards in every deck to avoid dying to dark assassin, why isn't it ok to be forced to pack removal against good, expensive necro creatures. Holy praetorian deserved a nerf a lot more imho.

Everyone is saying (and I agree) we gotta check the new stuff in the expansion to judge balance in the new meta. But I don't know, I hope they don't expect us to throw away card that used to be good to use new cards "just because", in reality just because they have to sell boosters. (AKA power creep, magic players will follow me here).

Instead, new cards should open new possibilities, new strategies, change the meta in ways even older cards are more relevant. And from what I've read about the new abilities, they will. So I'll trust devs are really trying to balance stuff, but I gotta say, it was a hell of a nerf bat hit.

Thanisse
12-18-2012, 09:53 AM
what I gathered until now from the Infect nerf (or cost increase so to say ) it most likely has something to do with paralysis.
I don't know what it does, but it's clearly something related to stoping creatures from doing stuff.
if you infect a creature by attacking it , then (presuming that is how paralysis works) play a creature that paralyses the infected creature on come into play , and presuming paralysis doesn't allow the creature to attack , I would say your poison counters just got double value, and more.

I used to think that infect was worth 1 attack, but in reality 1 infect equals 2 attack, because you have your attack , and infct one. if the creature doesn't doe to your attack + poison counter , it will take another damage the turn after that , and so on. it's not imediate gratification, but in some ways Putrid Lamasu has 7 attack , which is HUGE . same goes for spinner , with 2 poison counters as well .

it will just take some using to the notion that infect is actually a good keyword, even if it doesn't kill opponent

SenseiKoudai
12-18-2012, 10:56 AM
What concerns me more is the fact if there are going to be big boxes(for seals) with new set.

While I was reading this (http://www.duelofchampions.cz/2012/12/becoming-a-champion-your-fate-is-sealed/) (a nice piece of text by Thanisse, thank you btw ^^) I stumpled over this (even though I don't understand anything on this page xD)
http://www.duelofchampions.cz/2012/12/void-rising-souhrnne-informace/

cajun2de
12-18-2012, 11:03 AM
wonder if they are going to release a card list of the new set.

Matrix.disc
12-18-2012, 01:18 PM
I'd love to see a gatherer-style (but with better navigation) compendium of all cards released so far!

ValerioB80
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM
While I was reading this (http://www.duelofchampions.cz/2012/12/becoming-a-champion-your-fate-is-sealed/) (a nice piece of text by Thanisse, thank you btw ^^) I stumpled over this (even though I don't understand anything on this page xD)
http://www.duelofchampions.cz/2012/12/void-rising-souhrnne-informace/

Nice find! But have you noticed that in the page you posted there are no Void Rising packs you can buy for gold? Just the hybrid Emilio's ones, the others are just for seals... or am I missing something? This would be a bad bad thing... I hope I'm wrong :-/

r3tsa
12-18-2012, 04:08 PM
The really bad thing is the fact that there is no Hero dedicated pack, even for seals.

Thanisse
12-18-2012, 06:17 PM
The really bad thing is the fact that there is no Hero dedicated pack, even for seals.

you will have heroes drop randomly instead of rares :P
so don't worry .

Tapapounet
12-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Here guys the answers of ur questions http://duelofchampions.com/en/news-events/details.aspx?newsid=7&title=Introducing_Void_Rising
Have Fun :)

elgogox
12-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Spanish
· We added Spanish to our list of supported languages.
· Bienvenida a los nuevos jugadores :)

:D Grat job

Frrfrr
12-18-2012, 07:33 PM
just one question. is this #1 series complete? or there will be more cards issued in this series?
thx

Aza404
12-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi guys,

Following the patch there are two small bugs to be aware of:

Solo campaign Mission 2 : Wolf’s Soldier >> text (cinematic) will not display. We will work on a fix eventually.
Options : click YES to skip cinematics >> it does the opposite behavior. If you want to see the cinematics, click YES
Best,
Aza

SuperPozioma
12-18-2012, 08:21 PM
where are cards for (12.5k, 17.5k and 18.5k gold)
um ..:>

elgogox
12-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi guys,

Following the patch there are two small bugs to be aware of:

Solo campaign Mission 2 : Wolf’s Soldier >> text (cinematic) will not display. We will work on a fix eventually.
Options : click YES to skip cinematics >> it does the opposite behavior. If you want to see the cinematics, click YES
Best,
Aza

hi

language option does not work

I want to change the language from English to Spanish :(

Byter667
12-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Also, "I am Necropolis" achievement (and possibly all the other "I am..." achievements) doesn't seem to work. I've won like 3 duels, but the counter rests at 0. Or am i doing something wrong?

AKIKAME1203
12-18-2012, 09:49 PM
Hi! After the update recive the massege - "Unable to log in for unknkown reason......".
What to do?

groumph88
12-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Hi! After the update recive the massege - "Unable to log in for unknkown reason......".
What to do?

Waiting. server are down to fix some bugs

ALANCASANOVA
12-18-2012, 09:55 PM
same problem

Pjovejas
12-18-2012, 10:00 PM
I have just won a tournament game with stronghold heroe. The counter of achievment "win 30 ranked games with stronghold deck" hasn't changed. please remind me: torunement isn't ranked game?

AKIKAME1203
12-18-2012, 10:03 PM
If server is down how other players are playing?

AKIKAME1203
12-18-2012, 10:04 PM
Waiting. server are down to fix some bugs
If server is down how other players are playing?

RaistlinITA
12-18-2012, 10:29 PM
Why to nerf Necro creatures? The 7th life point was perfect to stand one turn more against some large Inferno big hitters (Devastator, powered Juggernaut)... bah I don't understand, really. How to stop Inferno rush now? Please tell me.
Do something to stop those **** overpowered combo-decks instead - Sigfried mostly - that ruin the game...!

groumph88
12-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Maye servers are not down but you can't login in anymore...

Manage to play, then disconnect, then can't login back....Will see that tomorrow.

Uraxor
12-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Why to nerf Necro creatures? The 7th life point was perfect to stand one turn more against some large Inferno big hitters (Devastator, powered Juggernaut)... bah I don't understand, really. How to stop Inferno rush now? Please tell me.
Do something to stop those **** overpowered combo-decks instead - Sigfried mostly - that ruin the game...!

Go through the new cards. It all makes sense ;)

groump; I got 1 dc so far and 5 fine games. :?

ulpsz
12-19-2012, 01:02 AM
only issue so far there is no hero dedicated pack,

having heroes drop instead of rares/epics is STUPID...

if you'r gonna have it this way, at least put up some decent new decks for sale like Ariana and crag...

otherwise this new initiative can quickley turn into a dissapointment

p4cynk4
12-19-2012, 11:57 AM
I bought myself 2 emillios packs and pulled out Blackskull Warchanter card... This guy, common, 0/0/3 for cost of 2 gives +1 enrage counter to ALL enrageable creatures at the end of the turn?! C'mon! Kelthor, lord of fury will be destructive deck... Please, put this card on debade in the future :)

Thanisse
12-19-2012, 04:00 PM
Go through the new cards. It all makes sense ;)

groump; I got 1 dc so far and 5 fine games. :?

doesn't really make sense to me ... I highly dislike the cripling counters ... I mean I like what they do , I even like that card that does 2 crippling counters x_X
I hate both creatures that it's attached to x_X

sadly , they're not so great ... at least not at first look .
will have to play with them to see what they're worth .

Uraxor
12-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Patch coming in 2 days.
Kuddos!