PDA

View Full Version : Stupid boy Pike!!!!

libero1970
12-14-2012, 12:43 AM
Greetings and salutations.
First post here and looking for a little bit of guidance/advice.
Have had major PC problems this week and have had to do a clean install of OS (bloody PCeu virus)which meant obviously I had to re-install AC3 (amongst other things)
I was under the impression that I could pick up the single player where I left off because all stats were kept in the "cloud", thats not the case unfortunately,all my stats are on Uplay but when I go into the game in only gives me the option to "Start New Game",I was on Sequence 12 and me being an old time gamer(40 ish!!) I feel that if I have to start again there is a good chance I will just not bother and go onto something else.

Any ideas if I can somehow get the stats/progress transfered to the game??

Have been a AC devotee since the start and dont want this to be the only one unfinished : (

Thanks in advance

Libero

UbiHawk1ns
12-14-2012, 03:02 AM
Getting viruses is always an unfortunate circumstance, I'm sorry you had to go through that. Might I ask where you purchased the game from?

Stormy6570
12-14-2012, 04:38 AM
Hahahaha nice reference to Dads Army:P (i am same vintage as you) 40ish....Have had same drama as u:( Contacted ubi support to no avail:( Seems they not interested in helping anyone:(

libero1970
12-15-2012, 07:56 AM
I bought the game at GAME the day it came out : )
Was plodding my way through the campaign, I know its been ages and wasnt "that" far but some of us have to work for a living you know.
Good to know I am not the only 40 something still gaming : ) I have been a long time gaming, all the way back to chucky egg and manic miner on the Spectrum (for you young uns thats not what you play a guitar with, but the 1980's version of Xbox,PS3,PC all rolled into one neat package..... all 128k of it!!!!)

There was me thinking this forum would solve my problem or at least point me in the right direction??

Gonna re-install MW3 today and see if I have the same problems on Steam.

UbiHawk1ns
12-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Hey libero, hope you are having a good day. If you purchased the game through Steam - their cloud network should backup your gamesave files. Our Uplay client does the same. The cloud network saves your progress, which in-turn should download back to your system upon re-install. If you are having issues downloading the cloud data, I would recommend that you make sure the proper ports are open for the client:

Uplay Launcher
TCP: 80, 443, 13000, 14000, 14008