PDA

View Full Version : Revelation about Connors fire shielding (Sequence 4 spoiler warning)

Free_Hidings
12-13-2012, 04:03 AM
When searching for complaints about AC3, many will bring up the animation Connor uses when standing next to a fire. While others happily warm their hands, Connor shields himself from it. It appears he can never enjoy its warmth.

At first we just assume this is simply a not so great choice of animation, but if you think a little more, could it be related to the fact that his mother died in fire / his village was burned? Maybe he developed a fear of fire and this is why he shields himself from it, rather than warming his hands.

Sounds a little far fetched, but it could have been put in as a little symbolism type thing.

Sorry if this has already been brought up

DJ-B-Man-Jr
12-13-2012, 04:32 AM
That is probably the most reasonable explanation. I too wondered why he try's to shield himself from the fire and I would have never thought of this. it could definitely be because of his mother or village being burned. I actually hope this is canon because in my opinion, it'd make Connor a more believable character.

kudos17
12-13-2012, 04:42 AM
Y'know, that's actually an interesting way of looking at it. Kind of sad, too, when you put it that way. Now I feel bad for wondering why Connor was using the same animation when I stood by the fire :nonchalance:

VitaminsXYZ
12-13-2012, 04:47 AM
Yeah, I brought this up in another thread, too... I'd like to think there's a more psychological reason for it.

Kinda sucks considering how many burning buildings he's had to run through. >.>

pirate1802
12-13-2012, 05:29 AM
Yeah I too thought the same thing, The animation seems a little overt taken literally doesn't it? There must be some hidden reason to his reaction to fire..

LoyalACFan
12-13-2012, 05:36 AM
I'm going to have to say it was just a reused animation. If he can't psychologically handle being around a simple bonfire, surely to God he would have been a catatonic mess when he had to run through burning buildings.

kuled2012
12-13-2012, 09:24 AM
I don't think so..Connor would have been petrified in Fort Walcott if that's the case.

blazefp
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I don't think so..Connor would have been petrified in Fort Walcott if that's the case.

True. I think you're making a bigger thing out of this than what it is. Ubi probably just didn't noticed it

pacmanate
12-13-2012, 05:54 PM
He would of cried like a baby when Chasing Lee in that burning boat...

Free_Hidings
12-13-2012, 07:18 PM
He might well have been ****ting himself as he ran through fiery buildings, but he's a badass so he can overcome his fear :) It might have been cool for them to reference his mothers death and fear of fire during Charles Lee's chase, although that might've turned out too cliche and angered people (flashbacks with instagram effects... no thnx)

pacmanate
12-13-2012, 08:31 PM
He might well have been ****ting himself as he ran through fiery buildings, but he's a badass so he can overcome his fear :) It might have been cool for them to reference his mothers death and fear of fire during Charles Lee's chase, although that might've turned out too cliche and angered people (flashbacks with instagram effects... no thnx)

"he's so badass so can overcome his fear" is subjective. Its subjective because you are saying he is badass for overcoming a fear and its also subjective because you think fire is his fear.

EzioAssassin51
12-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Lol instagram effects, flashbacks looked like that before instagram...

Anyway, I think it's just a reused animation for when he's getting fire damage during the massive times. He only really sheilds himself when he's standing like on top of it or right next to it. Have any of you tried standing directly in front of a bonfire? You're not exactly going to be warming your hands that close. A bonfire feels really hot when you're that close, which is why anyone, including Connor, would shield themselves from it.

Assassin_M
12-14-2012, 01:47 AM
Lol instagram effects, flashbacks looked like that before instagram...

Anyway, I think it's just a reused animation for when he's getting fire damage during the massive times. He only really sheilds himself when he's standing like on top of it or right next to it. Have any of you tried standing directly in front of a bonfire? You're not exactly going to be warming your hands that close. A bonfire feels really hot when you're that close, which is why anyone, including Connor, would shield themselves from it.

Shield yourself with your hands which are a part of your body too....Yeah sure, why not:p

EzioAssassin51
12-14-2012, 03:57 AM
Shield yourself with your hands which are a part of your body too....Yeah sure, why not:p

Well his hands and arms are mostly covered up and it is a natural reaction to protect yourself with your arms :P

Assassin_M
12-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Well his hands and arms are mostly covered up and it is a natural reaction to protect yourself with your arms :P
I dunno....I just backed off xD

Never used my hands to cover my face from fire :p