PDA

View Full Version : Steam Users Who are Having Problems with the DLC. READ THIS.

OSantaClownO
12-12-2012, 08:26 PM
I've saw some posts on the fourm about the Season Pass and problems going on with it. I am a Steam user myself and the DLC activated more than just fine for me.

You will have to acess codes you got with your game, so to view your codes simply click SHIFT+TAB and select CD-KEY.

Season Pass Owners: The code goes on the Extra Section in the main menu.

Deluxe Version Owners: Your game code (the one you activated the game with) also goes in in-game, so if you want your DLC content you need to enter the code inside the game by simply going to the main menu and entering the code on Extras.

If you done it all right, then you should recieve bunch of messages telling you what you unlocked, for me no download was required.

Hope this helped!

Troutjerky101
12-12-2012, 08:43 PM
Yea but do you have standard edition?

ROFLBOT
12-12-2012, 08:46 PM
For me, I own standard edition, it said I need to download something. I went inside and went to harbor master and no naval missions were available. :(
I feel like I've wasted 4.99 euros let along playing with a bad omptimized game.

Troutjerky101
12-12-2012, 08:48 PM
I have a ticket up for steam about it, but no response yet.

OSantaClownO
12-12-2012, 09:28 PM
The problem seems to be with the Standard Edition, I fail to understand why to buy a Standard Edition and a Season Pass instead of just the Deluxe Edition for the same price. (With Deluxe having both and more). But good luck. It's kinda weird that if you own a Standard Edition you'll have to download something while when you own the Deluxe Edition you don't need to download anything at all.

Just wondering, did you guys bought a Season Pass or just the DLC?
Also, what did your download contain? A code?

Boemundus
12-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Steam user. Entered the season pass code but nothing happened

Psymindd
12-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Well i'm steam user and i bought standard edition, then i just got the Hidden Secrets DLC, not the season pass.

Troutjerky101
12-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Same as you Psy, it seems like it will confirm you have the DLC outside of the game, but once started up look at product keys. Doesn't recognize it, so therefore imo when you hit the get extra content button in game it wont show you have because of that.

schoolofmonkey
12-12-2012, 10:08 PM
The problem seems to be with the Standard Edition, I fail to understand why to buy a Standard Edition and a Season Pass instead of just the Deluxe Edition for the same price. (With Deluxe having both and more).

Just wondering, did you guys bought a Season Pass or just the DLC?
Also, what did your download contain? A code?

Like me who bought the base game, when the DLC was announced early on the 4th, thought ok it may have been worth grabbing a season pass.
Plus at the time I didn't have to $100 for the Deluxe, but $59 for the Standard was ok.
In the Standard edition STEAM folder there is no DLC files at all, one should be called DataPC_DX11_2_dlc.forge, which isn't there.

When we brought the Season Pass you got a CDKey that you still needed to enter in the extras menu, after it was entered correctly you would get 1 single message about Season pass code was successfully entered. No other confirmation messages.

There is a couple of guys who bought the DLC by itself over on the STEAM forums that are having the same problem, enter the DLC code in the extra's menu and nothing happens after that.

OSantaClownO
12-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Like me who bought the base game, when the DLC was announced early on the 4th, thought ok it may have been worth grabbing a season pass.
Plus at the time I didn't have to $100 for the Deluxe, but $59 for the Standard was ok.
In the Standard edition STEAM folder there is no DLC files at all, one should be called DataPC_DX11_2_dlc.forge, which isn't there.

When we brought the Season Pass you got a CDKey that you still needed to enter in the extras menu, after it was entered correctly you would get 1 single message about Season pass code was successfully entered. No other confirmation messages.

There is a couple of guys who bought the DLC by itself over on the STEAM forums that are having the same problem, enter the DLC code in the extra's menu and nothing happens after that.

I would start witih telling you the game is 49$ and the deluxe is 79$, season pass is 30$. (On Steam)
I can't promise you anything cause I am no Ubisoft employee or anything near, but can hope for the best of all of you.

schoolofmonkey
12-12-2012, 11:13 PM
I would start witih telling you the game is 49$ and the deluxe is 79$, season pass is 30$. (On Steam)
I can't promise you anything cause I am no Ubisoft employee or anything near, but can hope for the best of all of you.

You can tell me the price all you want, maybe you need to tell STEAM that then:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dkxszl.jpg

We are talking AUSTRALIAN prices, which we all know STEAM rips us off.
But when I bought the season pass it was cheaper.

Troutjerky101
12-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Aussies are so nice too :(

OSantaClownO
12-13-2012, 12:07 AM
You can tell me the price all you want, maybe you need to tell STEAM that then:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dkxszl.jpg

We are talking AUSTRALIAN prices, which we all know STEAM rips us off.
But when I bought the season pass it was cheaper.

Have you tried changing your country on the options or somehting? That's a total rip off.

schoolofmonkey
12-13-2012, 12:29 AM
CDkey sites are in business because of us...lol..
You can't change your purchase country due to it being linked to your IP, street address and your credit card.

And you know STEAM have OFFICIALLY LOWERED their prices few months ago for Australia..lol..

Ubistore Assassin’s CreedŽ III - Deluxe Edition $94.95 for us Aussies too...
(Didn't screenshot, they might get upset here)