PDA

View Full Version : before i actually buy this ...

First-Mad
12-12-2012, 07:09 PM
After the screwup they made of AC2 with the horrible console to PC wrap instead of actually recoding and compiling for pc followed by the HORRIBLE DRM server crap i just want to know:

1) Was the pc version properly written this time or did they just toss another software interface on the console version to "interpret" for the pc thus generating "control" response time lag issues.

2) Are you still required to be online in order to play single player thus limiting those with wirelesss access cards to either not play at all or pay 600$ internet charges to their service provider?

Thanks for your time

Mad

LambertoKevlar
12-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Don't try to buy this,it's badly optimized(veeeeeery bad) and super bugged,don't give your money to these people

DisturbedJim83
12-12-2012, 07:22 PM
have to agree with LambertoKevlar right now dont waste your money on this till the numerous bugs have been fixed in its current state its only worth a bargin bin buy if it drops to $10/10 mark

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Whole serie is direct console port with minimum work putted into making it look like pc game and with no work on optimization. I love this series in every matter: plot, artistic style, unusual gameplay, music... etc. but i HATE, literally H-A-T-E this series in technical way, how awful engine is, how awful controls are etc.

BzkGB
12-12-2012, 07:41 PM
The port is awful. In truth, I wish I hadn't bought AC3 at launch. I should've waited until next year when it's fixed and actually playable (if a fix ever arrives, that is). However, you no longer need to be online to play the single-player portion of the game.

Currently I wouldn't recommend this game to my worst enemy, so I certainly wouldn't recommend it to you.

Nose-Nuggets
12-12-2012, 07:59 PM
This is by far the worst port of all of the AC games, of which i own all on Steam.

DrBlutengott
12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Sadly I have to agree on not buying this right now. Ive been a follower of the series for a while, but with everything thats been going wrong, buggy game, unoptimization, lack of fulfilled DLC and communication regarding it. Just wait until this blows over.

jazzman29
12-12-2012, 08:59 PM
It is horrible horrible horrible. Pleas do not buy. There ''was'' a thread with 100 000 views because of how terrible the game is. Do not put your trust in the minimum requirements or the recommended ones, because none of it matters. Just a really really really really really really bad bad bad bad bad PORT.

cico_thebest69
12-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Don't buy it

YazX_
12-13-2012, 01:04 AM
Well im not sure about others, but for me the game runs very smooth, not a single crash during constant hours of playing in several days. ofcourse i encountered bugs and glitches and some FPS drops in certain locations and cut-scenes but non of them were ground breaking nor blocking the game play, the game is very huge and its nearly impossible to test every single aspect on every hardware by Ubi, so IMO, you are missing alot if you didn't buy it and waited a full year because this is by far the best AC game, however, the game is very demanding and don't expect to Max it out on a wooden PC.

You could wait until a patch is released to address those issues, Its up to you after all, majority of ppl have no complaints, my friends are playing it on 8800GT with Medium graphics settings and without any performance issues nor crashes.

DisturbedJim83
12-13-2012, 02:19 AM
Sorry YAZ but your claims do not match the facts my PC can max out Skyrim on 1920x1280 with over 70 mods running some of which are quite demanding and yet with most of the settings on AC3 set only to high I get the AC3SP.exe freeze/CTD issue within 1hr of initiating the game this is despite having re-installed twice and having all drivers updated and all non essential programs closed.
As for your claim that the bugs are neither ground breaking or blocking the gameplay are as far from the truth as can be most of the people experiencing issues are using rigs that exceed the recommended specs which adds weight and evidence as to the poor build quality of this game at code level and to the non existent quality control from Ubisoft. Even Dragon Age 2 was more stable than this in 1.0 build so if AC3 is the best Ubisoft can do at a PC port then they should give up because this attempt is pathetic its so bad in fact that on steam alone it is being outsold by 3 indie games which seems to suggest either you know nothing about what a "quality" product is or that your a Ubisoft employee posing as a customer attempting to spread mis-information personally I would say its the former rather than the latter.

Further more if the game is not stable on a system that matches and exceeds the recommended specs then Ubisoft is in violation of the contract between Ubisoft and the customer as they are required to ensure that the product is stable on said system if it is not then it should not have been released in the 1st place.

oceanstwelve
12-13-2012, 02:56 AM
like most ppl here said . dont buy it . its bad . really bad . and will give u lot of fps problems . some ppl withi top notch hardware can run it sure ? but we all cant get a latest cpu just coz of ac3 . and thts what ubisoft fails to understand .
dont buy it till a patch is released . ( ac2 was superb compared to this :| )

Nose-Nuggets
12-13-2012, 05:57 AM
Sorry YAZ but your claims do not match the facts my PC can max out Skyrim on 1920x1280 with over 70 mods running some of which are quite demanding and yet with most of the settings on AC3 set only to high I get the AC3SP.exe freeze/CTD issue within 1hr of initiating the game this is despite having re-installed twice and having all drivers updated and all non essential programs closed.
As for your claim that the bugs are neither ground breaking or blocking the gameplay are as far from the truth as can be most of the people experiencing issues are using rigs that exceed the recommended specs which adds weight and evidence as to the poor build quality of this game at code level and to the non existent quality control from Ubisoft. Even Dragon Age 2 was more stable than this in 1.0 build so if AC3 is the best Ubisoft can do at a PC port then they should give up because this attempt is pathetic its so bad in fact that on steam alone it is being outsold by 3 indie games which seems to suggest either you know nothing about what a "quality" product is or that your a Ubisoft employee posing as a customer attempting to spread mis-information personally I would say its the former rather than the latter.

Further more if the game is not stable on a system that matches and exceeds the recommended specs then Ubisoft is in violation of the contract between Ubisoft and the customer as they are required to ensure that the product is stable on said system if it is not then it should not have been released in the 1st place.

Yaz's experience is likely completely reasonable. many people are able to play this game with no issues, however, there are MANY hardware configurations that this game simply does not play nice with. my i7950 and and 6990 should eat this game alive, but alas, i see 12 fps average in boston. i replaced my 6990 with a gtx 680 and everything is 40fps. what actually causes this? who the **** knows, no one at Ubi will tell me **** and no one at ubi is willing to do extensive troubleshooting despite my willingness to help them. "we will pass on your issues to the devs. try reinstalling your drivers" is the complete ******** answer i get in return.

so ill play skyrim, dishonored, the firefalll beta, and every other game i have installed at max everything in the mean time. hoping against hope that at some point Ubi will see fit to un**** my wasted $50.

MrLee95
12-13-2012, 06:59 AM
I think I am one of the rare ones also. I have a i920 - 5870 and the game ran just fine.
Sure I had the in-game bugs, but I never crashed to desktop or had any huge lag spikes in Boston or other area's.

I have played much worse ports (DarkSouls!) and I didn't think AC3 was that bad.
Sorry to see so many people had problems! Even with way better systems then me!

I'm more pissed about how Ubisoft treats PC gamers. Total lack of respect from Ubisoft to the PC gaming community!

YazX_
12-13-2012, 10:46 AM

Why dont you head to google and look up Skyrim crashes and FPS drops?!?!

Running Skyrim smooth on our pc doesnt mean that others are running it the same way, so its the same case as this game, and Skyrim was released a year ago and had more than 11 patches, this game has only been released 1 month ago and you didnt give any chance for UBI nor devs to identity nor address any issues.

And tell you what, i had skyrim asa it was released, and guess what, i had 20 FPS (3770K @ 4.6, 560GTX SLI @ 925/2250, 16 GB 1800 MHz RAM) and then the game crashed, it happened alot of times, by now i think all of these issues have been fixed after all patches released.

You guys are asking for instant fixes, this is software and none can be delivered instantly, Devs might spend days to duplicate just one problem thats if they are lucky enough, i'm not defending Ubi as we have a very bad history with them especially in ACR, but mostly was MP fixes not SP.

But from what i know, Ubi has a special team for DLC unlike ACR, so mainly they are collecting as much bugs as possible from the community to fix them and have a decent patch. and according to the 1st DLC, you are wrong to think that they were working on it while ppl are complaining about bugs, the 1st DLC is nothing but a bundled missions already implemented and included in the deluxe edition. so it has 0 implementation efforts from the devs.

And btw, sometimes its drivers fault, i have noticed that this one mostly doesnt play nice on AMD, so it worth looking at AMD forums and see if its a driver issue.

So to be fair in this matter, either you wait for the next patch to see how things will turn into, or just buy the game and live with the NON BREAKING bugs it has as i did and IMHO i dont regret it and it worth every single buck.

P.S: i also stated i had bugs and FPS in certain locations and cut-scenes for seconds then it goes to normal, but did that prevent me from playing and enjoy the game , NO it didnt.

spectatorx
12-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I think I am one of the rare ones also. I have a i920 - 5870 and the game ran just fine.
Sure I had the in-game bugs, but I never crashed to desktop or had any huge lag spikes in Boston or other area's.

I have played much worse ports (DarkSouls!) and I didn't think AC3 was that bad.
Sorry to see so many people had problems! Even with way better systems then me!

I'm more pissed about how Ubisoft treats PC gamers. Total lack of respect from Ubisoft to the PC gaming community!

All the companies, ubisoft including, think if they will release crappy pc version of a game and i will buy it and see how crappy it is i will go to shop and buy console and another copy of game, this time for console... The only thing i can say about - no f*****n' way!!! I have not so bad pc for running the games and i'm not going to buy another devices and another copies of the same game.

DisturbedJim83
12-13-2012, 01:52 PM
You guys are asking for instant fixes, this is software and none can be delivered instantly, Devs might spend days to duplicate just one problem thats if they are lucky enough, i'm not defending Ubi as we have a very bad history with them especially in ACR, but mostly was MP fixes not SP.
So to be fair in this matter, either you wait for the next patch to see how things will turn into, or just buy the game and live with the NON BREAKING bugs it has as i did and IMHO i dont regret it and it worth every single buck.
P.S: i also stated i had bugs and FPS in certain locations and cut-scenes for seconds then it goes to normal, but did that prevent me from playing and enjoy the game , NO it didnt.

Erm NO we are not asking for instant fixes we are asking that they not sell a broken game period , that they actually do some degree of quality control, that they fix our issues instead of posting an inflammatory thread boasting about their 7 million sales in the PC forum. We are asking not to have to wait 6 Days after submitting a SUPPORT TICKET without even a correct response, we are asking that when we pay for content that it be delivered as agreed on the published date and if it can't be then the affected item be pulled from sale and a public apology issued.

As for the DLC it has everything to do with the devs since it is they who run the UBishop that charged customers for a season pass that failed to mention that only those whose season pass was included as part of the digital deluxe version would get access to DLC one week before release date, instead claiming that all season pass owners would get early access, and come the 11th DEC when all who bought the season pass that didn't get the DD version were supposed to be able to get DLC1 Ubisoft sent out an email which contained a link for DLC1 except for the small fact that the link didnt link to the actual DLC file non DD owners needed to unlock said content but as a matter of fact linked to a PDF document from the DD version manual.

There are numerous reviews of this game showing how poorly optimized this game was for PC since as many inside Ubisoft including the lead on the latest GhostOfWar claims 95% of the PC customer base "will get their games in the traditional manner from piratebay" clearly shows the disdain this company has for its PC customers caring only for the obscene profits it can make in the console sector.
Factor into that the poor and total lack of satisfactory communication from both support and forum mods along with the game breaking bugs speaking of which here is one example:

Their is a certain item you must retrieve from the upper floor of a burned out house in New York , so I clamber up to a ledge outiside the top floor windowframe step through said windowframe to find myself teleported 100ft in the air and 30 ft away from the building causing your PC to fall to his death and be Desynchronized.

How about the sheer bone idleness of the Dev team where every bloody Viewpoint Tree in the Frontier is the exact same tree copy pasted to different locations, or the badly written story where you meet characters like Lafayette for the first time where a cutscene/pre recorded dialogue triggers where it is stated that your character has met him/her before despite no mention earlier on of said character.How about the utterly pointless underground tunnel system that was so badly integrated that at best it feels like an afterthought, or that the game makes you spend an age upgrading your homestead so you can finally get your double holster which I did and decided I'd like t o have 2 royal pistols giving me 4 shots so having done that i go to the edge of the homestead to make my way to boston and get the do you wish to travel to boston? I select yes only to find when i materialize in boston the game has either changed one royal pistol to a pitcairn putnam pistol or in some cases totally removed the second pistol all together which means i now have to traipse to a general store to get my second pistol back.

If this game was anywhere near as good as you claim it to be then it would not be being outsold by not 1 but 3 indie games on Steam alone.Now I and many others have had to pay a AAA game price only to find this product is nowhere near AAA quality.Dragon Age 2 was better put together than this mush in alot less time and it sure as heck didnt hard lock every hour

YazX_
12-15-2012, 01:42 AM
i dont want to quote your message because its too long, no one asked you to buy the game, if you think that this is a very $hitty one , then why didnt you just wait to see the reviews or go and get a refund if you can. bashing the Devs and company will not help in anyway, it will just make things worse. and btw, Consoles have FPS drops and glitches as PC, actually they have exact bugs reports same as PC. but i know from where you are coming from, if you have a powerhorse PC, you shouldnt suffer from FPS issues. yes i do agree, but saying consoles have no problems and they PC does, this, i dont agree with.

You shouldnt blame the Devs, Devs just do whatever they have been told, if you have a problem, contact support not bashing Devs, doing so will make things worse. and about quality control, they need to delay the game alot longer if you wanted it to be perfect, and nothing is prefect , so it will still have issues and bugs and you will come here to post them same as now, lots of ppl would rather have the game like this with non breaking issues than delaying it 4-5 months including myself.

The game has been delayed 1 month and complaints all over the place, so how if it was delayed 5 months?.

Diminishing the huge amount of work done in this game is not good and actually it will bring everyone in the company down especially the devs.

You are asking for a decent reply from support, HOW can they send you an answer of sth they are not aware of?!? you've just informed them and they leveraged the problem to ppl involved to investigate and find a solution, it wont happen over night and they are not just waiting for you to contact them, they have alot of ppl contacting them and all lineup in a queue until your turn comes in, if you do know how software works and will ever work in software industry YOU will exactly mark my words.

Even Windows itself which is used by billions have lots of GROUND BREAKING issues and bugs especially the security holes, but no one bash the devs nor the company, so why this should be any different?

The bottom line is, if the game is SO BAD as you and others say, it wouldnt have sold this amount of copies and still selling, im sorry that you and others have issues with it, but you should have said the truth about this game, not just saying its SO BAD (simply 3 years of hard work by more than 400+ employees summarized by 2 words from you) because of some issues that are going to be resolved by upcoming patches.

This is my opinion and im not going to visit this thread again, agree or dont agree, its up to you and others.

thedeskpop1
12-15-2012, 01:55 AM
Yea do not buy. I just bought the game last week and got to the stockpile tutorial. The game ran smooth, looked great, played great... up until this point. It is a bug within the game. Other people are having the exact problem yet there seems to be no word about fixing it or a patch. It is a bug. I can not progress. The game does not freeze or crash it simply wont let me complete what needs to be completed in the stockpile. It will not let me do what it is telling me to do :(

I contacted their support staff and got back a list of things I needed to send them two files (Direct X and MS System Files). Come on. I am all about helping solve problems but many are having this issue. It is not like it can not be re-created internally. The list of steps in order to get them what they need is 15 items long as well you have to repeat steps 11-15 in order to get them what they want. To be honest I am not sure if this will even be what it is they are looking for. This does not make sense. They will either choose to patch it so those of us with the problem can move past 14% completion or they wont. Right now it looks like I just paid 60 dollars to play 14% of a game.

DONT BUY - Very unsatisfied customer/gamer

DisturbedJim83
12-15-2012, 05:59 AM
i dont want to quote your message because its too long, no one asked you to buy the game, if you think that this is a very $hitty one , then why didnt you just wait to see the reviews or go and get a refund if you can. bashing the Devs and company will not help in anyway, it will just make things worse. and btw, Consoles have FPS drops and glitches as PC, actually they have exact bugs reports same as PC. but i know from where you are coming from, if you have a powerhorse PC, you shouldnt suffer from FPS issues. yes i do agree, but saying consoles have no problems and they PC does, this, i dont agree with.

You shouldnt blame the Devs, Devs just do whatever they have been told, if you have a problem, contact support not bashing Devs, doing so will make things worse. and about quality control, they need to delay the game alot longer if you wanted it to be perfect, and nothing is prefect , so it will still have issues and bugs and you will come here to post them same as now, lots of ppl would rather have the game like this with non breaking issues than delaying it 4-5 months including myself.

The game has been delayed 1 month and complaints all over the place, so how if it was delayed 5 months?.

Diminishing the huge amount of work done in this game is not good and actually it will bring everyone in the company down especially the devs.

Even Windows itself which is used by billions have lots of GROUND BREAKING issues and bugs especially the security holes, but no one bash the devs nor the company, so why this should be any different?

The bottom line is, if the game is SO BAD as you and others say, it wouldnt have sold this amount of copies and still selling, im sorry that you and others have issues with it, but you should have said the truth about this game, not just saying its SO BAD (simply 3 years of hard work by more than 400+ employees summarized by 2 words from you) because of some issues that are going to be resolved by upcoming patches.

This is my opinion and im not going to visit this thread again, agree or dont agree, its up to you and others.

First off when it came to reviews I don't read them as most magazine journalists are only to happy to write a positive review about a bad game in exchange for getting first dibs at exclusive screenshots/inside info on a future game so i trust game reviewers even less than I trust politicians( they're all practiced liars)

Second Yes we should blame the Devs, they made the game they are responsible to ensure that it actually works before they ask us to pay money for it Personally I dont care about the wait I'd rather wait another year and be satisfied that the port was done correctly rather than the half arsed mess that we got.Diminishing what little work they actually did is good it lets them know they need to do better , much better because what they gave us is not up to a satisfactory standard, they should think themselves lucky that I or someone like me doesnt run the company because if people who worked for me did work as poor as what they have done they would be fired on the spot.

while its true that Windows does have bugs I'll say one thing for them you can guarentee that if your Hardware meets the standard requirements that when you put it on your computer it actually works without needing 20 patches just to run because they do extensive quality control unlike Ubisoft.
Sales figures are irrelevant and not an indicator of quality most of AC3's sales are all pre-order's and most are on consoles and console owners are far less picky when it comes to things like FPS because most know consoles are outdated compared to a modern PC so their expectations are lower.

Look at Dragon Age 2 many say it is not as good as Dragon Age Origins yet if you were to go on sales figures alone DA2 sold more copies in the first 2 weeks than DAO did even though DAO outsold DA2 overall.