PDA

View Full Version : Please allow Connor some happiness ! ( no explicit spoilers )

killzab
12-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Geez ... Connor's got to be the most tragic guy in the series ... from the even in his childhood to the realization he caused what he tried to prevent ...

Please make him succeed at something in a sequel ! Oh and make him date Aveline too !

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Aveline is like 9 years older than him..

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Aveline is like 9 years older than him.. your point is what ? thats not that much older

RatonhnhakeFan
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
No, make him date Clipper <3

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 07:06 PM
your point is what ? thats not that much older

Better choice is Dobby.

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Geez ... Connor's got to be the most tragic guy in the series ... from the even in his childhood to the realization he caused what he tried to prevent ...

Please make him succeed at something in a sequel ! Oh and make him date Aveline too !

Interesting. I always considered Clay the most tragic character in the series. His life sucked from the beginning to the end... and even beyond. Poor guy! Believe me, Connor's fate might be tragic, but it's not THAT tragic. Cheer up!

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Better choice is Dobby.

but by your logic she is worse shes 20 years older then Connor

dooooooooop
12-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I also like him with Duncan haha :>
Lafayette could also work in a cute way <3

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 07:51 PM
He has a lot of happiness with his homestead friends and ship crew )

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 07:52 PM

She is? I was not aware of that. I said that because she supposedly shows interest in Connor during the game.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:03 PM
She is? I was not aware of that. I said that because she supposedly shows interest in Connor during the game.
Born in 1736 by the Database 20 years before connor

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 08:06 PM
20 years? She looks so young

Rugterwyper32
12-11-2012, 09:26 PM
I feel I'm the only one here who supports Connor/Ellen. First dealing with her abusive husband, and just look at Connor's face when Ellen gives him the flag of the Homestead during the marriage mission. And hey, Connor would be a good step-dad to Ellen's daughter.
But hey that's just me.
And at least Connor has some happiness and a few victories with the Homestead. That's satisfying.

RatonhnhakeFan
12-11-2012, 09:49 PM
I also like him with Duncan haha :>
Lafayette could also work in a cute way <3

Duncan? Ewww and Lafayette's way too posh for him :p Now Jamie Colley could work :p

lightlamp
12-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Whats the girls name who Connor saves from poachers? she looks sweet. Better start the petition for romance DLC :p

MT4K
12-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Whats the girls name who Connor saves from poachers? she looks sweet. Better start the petition for romance DLC :p

Myriam?

[Spoilers]

She married Norris

AjinkyaParuleka
12-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Animus is known for wrong dates btw.

Deadlysyns666
12-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Animus is known for wrong dates btw.

true but w/e Dobby doesn't seem like Connors type

Nightmare8767
12-13-2012, 01:45 PM
So what if Aveline is 9 years older than Connor? Look at Ezio! :P

Hidden Legaciez
12-14-2012, 12:34 PM
he needs to marry hes a nice guy to the homesteaders

TinyTemplar
12-14-2012, 02:21 PM
he needs to marry hes a nice guy to the homesteaders
Haven't you heard? HE'S NOT READY :)

TrueAssassin77
12-14-2012, 04:40 PM
Connor needs a women that can balance out his seriousness.
Dobby or maybe even Ellen???

xboxauditore
12-14-2012, 06:25 PM
I think he should marry Dobby, She's Light-hearted.

RatonhnhakeFan
12-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Team Clipper! <3

Assassin_M
12-15-2012, 05:04 AM
I hope it`s the softest, funnest, happiest Woman ever...

Ellen is too serious and Dobby is too tomboyish..

Connor`s woman should be as soft (If not softer) as Connor, She should be Funny and bursting with Joy and Humor. She would teach him how to enjoy life again and finally give him happiness and bring out his "nice" side. She should be a free spirit who`s not held by the constraints of being an Assassin or parent. Understanding and beautiful. the perfect woman for Connor in my opinion..

and then she dies :|

TinyTemplar
12-15-2012, 09:14 AM

No, not again :(

Assassin_M
12-15-2012, 09:38 AM
No, not again :(
Except.....this breaks Connor way more than it breaks Ezio....

Even worse :|

Bashilir
12-15-2012, 03:38 PM

No. I can't stand another cutscene of the Assassin's woman dying. It hurt too much in Brotherhood. </3

FirestarLuva
12-15-2012, 11:55 PM

If they add Aveline as a love interest in the next game, well, Ezio/Christina twist is inevitable in my opinion, considering she is not Desmond's ancestor. I'd personally love if she gives birth to Connor's child who will be the ancestor of the female reliving her in Revelations, not Desmond's. It'd be very cute to see Connor as a father and a husband all in one game. :3
I really wonder if Ubi might kill off Connor's love, be it Aveline or not. I feel they abused Connor too much. His love dying would be the breaking point. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes insane afterwards. :'(
Connor's story is very sad, considering I'm a sucker for tragic characters, I hope something tragic happens to Connor again in the next game. Not trying to be redundant by typing this, but I hope Connor has his own personal story going on, and seeing as how the devs describe him as a very tragic character, I feel they'll continue torturing him a lot more. I doubt Connor would live as long as Altair/Ezio. After all the traumas, beatings and the wound he received at the end, I doubt he'd live to see his 50s. :(

TinyTemplar
12-16-2012, 08:48 AM
No. I can't stand another cutscene of the Assassin's woman dying. It hurt too much in Brotherhood. </3

Girlfriends always die in every Ubisoft game. It became repetitive as hell.

avk111
12-16-2012, 02:45 PM
I hope it`s the softest, funnest, happiest Woman ever...

Ellen is too serious and Dobby is too tomboyish..

Connor`s woman should be as soft (If not softer) as Connor, She should be Funny and bursting with Joy and Humor. She would teach him how to enjoy life again and finally give him happiness and bring out his "nice" side. She should be a free spirit who`s not held by the constraints of being an Assassin or parent. Understanding and beautiful. the perfect woman for Connor in my opinion..

hmm I think Connor and Bruce Wayne should be looking for the same type of women you described , probably a women who works as a shrink to heal them both. :p

avk111
12-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Girlfriends always die in every Ubisoft game. It became repetitive as hell.

how bout the starwars plot twist ......Connor sleeps with a women only to find out after sometime ............SHE WAS HIS SISTER

pirate1802
12-16-2012, 02:54 PM
how bout the starwars plot twist ......Connor sleeps with a women only to find out after sometime ............SHE WAS HIS SISTER

That would take the sadness to a whole new level. I'm now picturing Connor as Oedipus. Thanks for the idea. :(

xboxauditore
12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
I thought Oedipus slept with his mother.

pirate1802
12-16-2012, 08:22 PM
I thought Oedipus slept with his mother.

Well you see the trend, or is there a sister-equivalent of Oedipus?

TinyTemplar
12-17-2012, 09:22 AM

At least it would be something new in AC universe, lol

avk111
12-17-2012, 10:26 AM
At least it would be something new in AC universe, lol

You know what they say nothing is true everything is permitted :p

Bullet747
12-17-2012, 10:30 AM
hmm I think Connor and Bruce Wayne should be looking for the same type of women you described , probably a women who works as a shrink to heal them both. :p I think what Connor needs is a Catwoman.:cool: But seriously, I think a sarcastic and romantically aggressive woman would be a good match for him.

pirate1802
12-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I think what Connor needs is a Catwoman.:cool: But seriously, I think a sarcastic and romantically aggressive woman would be a good match for him.

*Le Dobby fanboy arrives and waves the flag*

cmrggamer
12-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I agree that it would be nice to see Connor with some happiness in his life. It would be nice to see him smile a little bit more, and after everything that happened to him it just feels like he sort of deserves it.
Part of me likes the idea of sweet girl who can show him how to enjoy life, but then there's the part of me that wonders if he would need a romantically aggressive woman, since he doesn't seem like the kind to initiate romantic encounters haha.

avk111
12-17-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm not sure about the Devs
l
but we can be looking at a whole new way of Connor getting back to normal life, remember he is an angry kid from the inside and it's not easy for him to live a normal life like other assassins.

Drokash
12-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Better choice is Dobby.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/32118967.jpg

Bullet747
12-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Here's a picture someone made of him with Aveline. Not necessarily "shipping" it but it's a cool picture.

http://cs319124.userapi.com/v319124488/46ab/ae2BpFhbLQY.jpg

avk111
12-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Connor you hot Mofo.

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Neither of them looks like their actual selves but it indeed is a nice picture :D

*copies*

pirate1802
12-21-2012, 11:49 AM
I agree that it would be nice to see Connor with some happiness in his life. It would be nice to see him smile a little bit more, and after everything that happened to him it just feels like he sort of deserves it.
Part of me likes the idea of sweet girl who can show him how to enjoy life, but then there's the part of me that wonders if he would need a romantically aggressive woman, since he doesn't seem like the kind to initiate romantic encounters haha.

Yes Connor needs a romantically aggressive woman. Otherwise he'll be too polite to do anything.. :) Remember his response when Norris tells him he likes Myriam? lol

cmrggamer
12-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes Connor needs a romantically aggressive woman. Otherwise he'll be too polite to do anything.. :) Remember his response when Norris tells him he likes Myriam? lol

And when he goes to Prudence to ask what kind of gift to get her XD
Oh Connor, so naive :)

Now that I think about it, the scene would probably be highly entertaining. lol

predatorpulse7
12-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Wasn't he supposed to meet Aveline in the game?

I never saw her.

predatorpulse7
12-23-2012, 01:13 PM

:)

Are we playing an AC game or a soap opera?

MT4K
12-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Wasn't he supposed to meet Aveline in the game?

I never saw her.

Nope. She was never stated to my knowledge to make an appearance in AC3. People just hoped she would.

Assassin_M
12-23-2012, 08:55 PM
:)

Are we playing an AC game or a soap opera?
Ohhh I don't know. Ezio had half of his family hung and his "revenge" adventure includes sleeping, flirting or kissing every moving thing in Italy...How the hell am I supposed to feel sorrow for him ?? Soap opera ?? What the- are you insane ?? A tragedy must have an impacting sorrowful emotion accompanying it. Hell, just a few months after Cristina died. his supposed "love of his life" he`s in bed with Caterina....WTF ?????? and before that, he was "giving silence" to a random lady who delivered flowers to their house....too much, man..

Forgive me If I actually want to FEEL sorrow when a tragedy befalls a Protagonist....I`m so sorry....Jeez what lengths a man would go to defend something.... doesn't mind sounding like an idiot at it -__-

BaronVonES
12-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Perhaps it was ill-communicated or I'm misinterpreting Predator's message, but I thought he was being facetious...nothing indicative of not wanting drama to exist in the series at all, but highlighting that the story you gave could appear too soap-opera-esque for some people. I'll be the first to admit that I found the Christina moments in Brotherhood hollow considering his interactions with other women throughout II and Brotherhood, and that Ezio should have felt a deeper sense of loss over her death, but continuing to lump Connor with tragedy given his already crap-tastic world can be a little too much (I accept that this is an opinion).

Bullet747
12-23-2012, 09:54 PM
On the subject of happiness I think the Homestead must be a kind of relieving sanctuary for Connor. Achilles provided him a home and was a good mentor for him. He helped cultivate a community of good people there. I think at this point nothing would crush him more than to see that place get destroyed.

FirestarLuva
12-23-2012, 10:02 PM
On the subject of happiness I think the Homestead must be a kind of relieving sanctuary for Connor. Achilles provided him a home and was a good mentor for him. He helped cultivate a community of good people there. I think at this point nothing would crush him more than to see that place get destroyed.

If there's a new game coming out, we might get to see the Homestead burn. Ubi doesn't care if we spent 20, 30 or 80 hours re-building the Homestead. They didn't spare Monteriggioni even after countless hours having spent on it, why would they spare the Homestead? :3 And there's Connor. The devs love to torture him. I can see many more tragic things happening to him. Homestead gone, wife dead, if Aveline becomes his love interest it's inevitable. Ezio/Christina all over again. Getting tortured to death (honestly, if Ubi have him die on a chair/bench, I can't...) or poisoned. I don't see Connor living a long life like Ezio or Altair. After all the traumas, he might die in his 30s for all we know. Or if AC3 is his only game, he might die from the wound he gets at the end.

dxsxhxcx
12-23-2012, 10:09 PM
that's why I think we should have another game (in a different setting) with Connor, IMO is clear that by the end of the game he learned his lesson and understood the advices Achilles gave him, a new game where he could put in practice what he learned in AC3 would be a great opportunity to develop his character more and make him achieve something good

cmrggamer
12-23-2012, 10:17 PM
that's why I think we should have another game (in a different setting) with Connor, IMO is clear that by the end of the game he learned his lesson and understood the advices Achilles gave him, a new game where he could put in practice what he learned in AC3 would be a great opportunity to develop his character more and make him achieve something good

I completely agree with this!

predatorpulse7
12-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Perhaps it was ill-communicated or I'm misinterpreting Predator's message, but I thought he was being facetious...nothing indicative of not wanting drama to exist in the series at all, but highlighting that the story you gave could appear too soap-opera-esque for some people. I'll be the first to admit that I found the Christina moments in Brotherhood hollow considering his interactions with other women throughout II and Brotherhood, and that Ezio should have felt a deeper sense of loss over her death, but continuing to lump Connor with tragedy given his already crap-tastic world can be a little too much (I accept that this is an opinion).

Actually, it was just a joke. Hence the smiley face in that post.

Wanted to see AssassinM's reaction and it was predictably serious.

As for Ezio's conquests I think it's pretty much clear from the get-go that he is characterized as a playboy who does have a few special ladies in his heart. The moments with Cristina in Brotherhood worked for me only because I remembered young and awkward(love-wise) Ezio but yeah, considering that he romances several ladies afterwards, I can see why some think that those moments were empty. Funny how Ezio doesn't bang Lucrezia even after she offers herself on a platter. I thought that was out of character for Ezio.

I understand what you mean by "deeper sense of loss over her death" but how do you want for this to translate in the game? Make Ezio a emo who cries all day long after his long lost love(who isn't even his greatest love I think, just his first one, Ezio doesn't see her for 2 years, then has another 8 year break before meeting her again, seems more infatuation than love to me)? Make him stay solo for the rest of the game(s)? It would go against his character archetype. It's no wonder that they decided not to show these scenes in AC2 because you need an Ezio that has to be focused on avenging his parents and it's tough to be both lovey-dovey and a cold killer at the same time. Hence why they also skipped on involving Ezio with Rosa too much, it was only hinted at.

Ezio shared moments with Cristina, Rosa, Caterina, Sophia but I think the only he truly loved was Sophia since he married her in the end when he didn't really need to, I doubt that 50 year old globetrotting playboys have marriage on their mind unless the right woman comes along.

I think it would actually be better for Connor to not have any romances because if he is this unlucky kid as many of you say than I guess that she will die in the end and leave him heartbroken.

Still, I doubt that they do another game with Connor, although if they did, a good scenario would be him and Aveline at the time of the French Revolution and I guess that they could take cues from this great movie, which also featured a Native American in France.

http://www.maxi-fond-ecran.com/fond-ecran/cinema/le_pacte_des_loups_009.jpg

BaronVonES
12-24-2012, 01:53 AM
Actually, it was just a joke. Hence the smiley face in that post.

Wanted to see AssassinM's reaction and it was predictably serious.

I understand what you mean by "deeper sense of loss over her death" but how do you want for this to translate in the game? Make Ezio a emo who cries all day long after his long lost love(who isn't even his greatest love I think, just his first one, Ezio doesn't see her for 2 years, then has another 8 year break before meeting her again, seems more infatuation than love to me)? Make him stay solo for the rest of the game(s)? It would go against his character archetype. It's no wonder that they decided not to show these scenes in AC2 because you need an Ezio that has to be focused on avenging his parents and it's tough to be both lovey-dovey and a cold killer at the same time. Hence why they also skipped on involving Ezio with Rosa too much, it was only hinted at.

Ezio shared moments with Cristina, Rosa, Caterina, Sophia but I think the only he truly loved was Sophia since he married her in the end when he didn't really need to, I doubt that 50 year old globetrotting playboys have marriage on their mind unless the right woman comes along.

I think it would actually be better for Connor to not have any romances because if he is this unlucky kid as many of you say than I guess that she will die in the end and leave him heartbroken.

So you were being facetious (nothing wrong with that, I was just checking :-P)

With the deeper sense of loss over Christina's death, I think the problem was simply that her death didn't feel meaningful outside of the event itself. There's a reason that the missions existed in the optional format that they did, and that's because Ezio's development in II and Brotherhood is virtually unaffected by them. If you'd never played the Christina memory portions you'd never even guess that Ezio had any serious feelings for her after that initial cutscene in AC II, and even then she just seemed like a fling there. Really, for her death to have more impact there would need to be more moments of interaction between them to make us care about their relationship within the main story (so it isn't just an aside) and for Ezio to forgo (sexual) relationships for a significant while afterwards. It's difficult to think Ezio and Christina meant much to each other when not long afterwards he is boning Caterina without the slightest hint of doubt or regret. He wouldn't need to mope or be emo of course (that would be severely annoying), but at least be aware of Christina in the back of his mind beyond those isolated missions.

predatorpulse7
12-24-2012, 02:32 AM
So you were being facetious (nothing wrong with that, I was just checking :-P)

With the deeper sense of loss over Christina's death, I think the problem was simply that her death didn't feel meaningful outside of the event itself. There's a reason that the missions existed in the optional format that they did, and that's because Ezio's development in II and Brotherhood is virtually unaffected by them. If you'd never played the Christina memory portions you'd never even guess that Ezio had any serious feelings for her after that initial cutscene in AC II, and even then she just seemed like a fling there. Really, for her death to have more impact there would need to be more moments of interaction between them to make us care about their relationship within the main story (so it isn't just an aside) and for Ezio to forgo (sexual) relationships for a significant while afterwards. It's difficult to think Ezio and Christina meant much to each other when not long afterwards he is boning Caterina without the slightest hint of doubt or regret. He wouldn't need to mope or be emo of course (that would be severely annoying), but at least be aware of Christina in the back of his mind beyond those isolated missions.

First of all, thank you for being a decent partner in conversation.

Second, I agree with most of your post but I don't agree that Ezio should've had a deeper sense of loss over Christina's death because that would've overstated her role in the overall story of Ezio's life. To me, Christina was a infatuation from his youth(a sort of first love cut short), not true love(whatever that means). Ezio leaves her first for 2 years(after his family's tragedy), then basically gives her away to another man instead of fighting for her, then he doesn't see her again for another 8 years and tricks her into kissing him and after that he basically sees her again when she dies. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't leave my the love of my life to another man and go long stretches of my life without attempting to see her. Those snippets in AC Brohood with Cristina are there to give the nostalgiatards something to chew on but they're fine only if they are taken on their own, not in the greater context of Ezio's love life because in that case they make no sense.

Still, this is quite a bit of overanalyzing on our part because few games do loving relationships right and AC is in the same trend. Even the actual love of his life(since he marries her without being obligated to do so), Sophia, what does he do for her? Helps her with a couple of errands, saves her life(that wouldn't been in danger if he stayed away from her in the first place), gives her flowers and takes her on a picnic. And then BOOM, Instant Love through videogame magic. This romance(and need I remind you, this is the woman that finally tames the 50 year old playboy) was just as rushed as the whole of Revelations was. Sophia was underused.

BaronVonES
12-24-2012, 02:49 AM
First of all, thank you for being a decent partner in conversation.

Second, I agree with most of your post but I don't agree that Ezio should've had a deeper sense of loss over Christina's death because that would've overstated her role in the overall story of Ezio's life. To me, Christina was a infatuation from his youth(a sort of first love cut short), not true love(whatever that means). Ezio leaves her first for 2 years(after his family's tragedy), then basically gives her away to another man instead of fighting for her, then he doesn't see her again for another 8 years and tricks her into kissing him and after that he basically sees her again when she dies. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't leave my the love of my life to another man and go long stretches of my life without attempting to see her. Those snippets in AC Brohood with Cristina are there to give the nostalgiatards something to chew on but they're fine only if they are taken on their own, not in the greater context of Ezio's love life because in that case they make no sense.

Still, this is quite a bit of overanalyzing on our part because few games do loving relationships right and AC is in the same trend. Even the actual love of his life(since he marries her without being obligated to do so), Sophia, what does he do for her? Helps her with a couple of errands, saves her life(that wouldn't been in danger if he stayed away from her in the first place), gives her flowers and takes her on a picnic. And then BOOM, Instant Love through videogame magic. This romance(and need I remind you, this is the woman that finally tames the 50 year old playboy) was just as rushed as the whole of Revelations was. Sophia was underused.
No problem :-) I enjoy these types of discussions.

To be perfectly honest, I agree with everything said. When I said that Ezio should've felt a greater loss for Christina, that was considering the fact that the writers clearly meant for her to mean something more, but failed to make it meaningful in execution. Given how they've been executed, I would've preferred them to be nonexistent, because as you'e said, in the context of Ezio's (love) life they make little to no sense (hence why I'm glad that they're just optional).

But back on the topic of Connor's happiness...I have no problem with Connor being made happier by something in his life. Ideally something fairly permanent. I don't think I could take Connor having a wife (or husband for all we know) die given of all the crap he went through in AC III. Maybe some pain and tragedy before he is married, but let his life end somewhat peacefully and having accomplished something meaningful to him in his era xD

predatorpulse7
12-24-2012, 03:02 AM

To be perfectly honest, I agree with everything said. When I said that Ezio should've felt a greater loss for Christina, that was considering the fact that the writers clearly meant for her to mean something more, but failed to make it meaningful in execution. Given how they've been executed, I would've preferred them to be nonexistent, because as you'e said, in the context of Ezio's (love) life they make little to no sense (hence why I'm glad that they're just optional).

But back on the topic of Connor's happiness...I have no problem with Connor being made happier by something in his life. Ideally something fairly permanent. I don't think I could take Connor having a wife (or husband for all we know) die given of all the crap he went through in AC III. Maybe some pain and tragedy before he is married, but let his life end somewhat peacefully and having accomplished something meaningful to him in his era xD

Well, he did build the Homestead through his actions and improved the lives of quite a few people. And he made the waters safer for ships through naval missions.

God, naval missions were so much fun. Can't overstate how much I loved them.

But as I sad, Connor's mission was doomed anyway. You can't stop time in its place and with any power that came in charge, the Mohawk's way of life was pretty much on the way out. It's like that end scene in Apocalypto with the Spanish ships on the horizon. Change was literally on the horizon and there was nothing the natives of South America could do about it, not realistically. Same way with Amerindian tribes, they had to ally themselves with one side or the other but in the end even they knew that their way of life was coming to an end.

avk111
12-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Whatever happens at the end of it please let him lie next to his mentor, Achillies.

FirestarLuva
12-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Whatever happens at the end of it please let him lie next to his mentor, Achillies.

I don't think that will happen. In one of the data bases in AC3, it said that the Manor was abandoned at some point later on, and when Desmond goes to find the amulet in Connor Davenport's grave you see the same three graves that were there when Connor buried it. Connor must have left the Homestead shortly after. Maybe he even left America.

avk111
12-26-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't think that will happen. In one of the data bases in AC3, it said that the Manor was abandoned at some point later on, and when Desmond goes to find the amulet in Connor Davenport's grave you see the same three graves that were there when Connor buried it. Connor must have left the Homestead shortly after. Maybe he even left America.
Interesting however it wasn't explicitly mentioned thus leaves an open ending to Connors Burial place

FirestarLuva
12-26-2012, 10:22 PM

It would be a nice thing to see Connor happy. He smiled very rarely in the game, but when he did, it felt, somehow, heart warming, given how much pain he's been through, he deserves some happiness. But given the writers aimed to make him a tragic character, and how he is depicted as sad, melancholic by some artists, I don't think we'd see Connor living a peaceful life with a family, like Ezio or Altair, even if he really wants to. Given how his story started out as tragic, I think the writers we'll keep it that way until it ends. It's the case with all tragic stories. They may have some happiness in them from time to time, but in the end even the smallest spark of happiness the main character has is crushed :'(
After the trauma he witnessed when he was four and all the pain he went through, being called a savage by people, even if it wasn't shown, those things weighted on Connor's development as a person heavily. One of the writers said that Connor, though rough, is a very emotional person and things affect him greatly, even an insult from a person. In the Forsaken novel, after the events of AC3, when Connor finds his father's journal and learns the truth about him, he falls in a great state of depression. I think this revelation has crushed him even more.
On one hand, it would be interested what life has set out for Connor and how many trials he'd have to face again, the suffering that will steal continue, the betrayal, a tragic story which is a great contrast to Ezio, who by character, was a charismatic, bright, likeable person, and Connor the complete opposite of that; a character you hate, but has truth in him. On the other hand, Connor seems emotionally wrecked as a person already. I feel the writers abused him too much. How far would he go to keep it all inside of him, which is even more hard to do, given he is an introvert. Losing his wife or child, or someone else meaningful to him, would be the breaking point. Maybe he even commits suicide.

mashroot
12-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Interesting. I always considered Clay the most tragic character in the series. His life sucked from the beginning to the end... and even beyond. Poor guy! Believe me, Connor's fate might be tragic, but it's not THAT tragic. Cheer up!

I think that the most tragic character is Daniel Cross. When he was a young boy, his family and friends were all murdered in front of him. Abstergo cut him open and implanted something inside of him (without using any anesthesia), then they dumped him along the edge of a road. It messed him up for the rest of his life, and he had drug problems. The Assassins found him, and he worked his way up the ranks, making new friends as he went, until the programming kicked in and he unconsciously killed the mentor. Realizing what happened, he fled and returned to Abstergo where he spent most of his time in the animus to escape the pain of his own life.

Death_Aflame
12-29-2012, 08:18 AM
I think that the most tragic character is Daniel Cross. When he was a young boy, his family and friends were all murdered in front of him. Abstergo cut him open and implanted something inside of him (without using any anesthesia), then they dumped him along the edge of a road. It messed him up for the rest of his life, and he had drug problems. The Assassins found him, and he worked his way up the ranks, making new friends as he went, until the programming kicked in and he unconsciously killed the mentor. Realizing what happened, he fled and returned to Abstergo where he spent most of his time in the animus to escape the pain of his own life.

True Story.

CartopBALTO
01-01-2013, 08:43 PM
DLC Idea:

Memory 1: Investigate the Bayou for signs of Templar activity. There might be another assassin operating there. Rendezvous with the assassin.

Memory 2: Connor has teamed up with Aveline to take down a major slave trading gang. Investigate and try to find their hideout.

Memory 3: Travel to New Orleans through the Bayou. Wrestle alligators, kill templars, row your way through water. Do not let anything stand in your way.

Memory 4: Free the slaves. Remain undetected.

Memory 5: Kill the slave trader who is the leader of the gang.

Memory 6: The slave traders have locked you up Connor! Find your way out, and come back to Boston! You are needed there! (Cliffhanger ending)

Aveline assists Connor in all missions.

Award: Animus hack- Choose to play as Aveline or Connor, Blowpipe weapon, Sugercane Machete which can be crafted from Homestead.

Give me a +1 if you like this idea.

Bullet747
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
I happened upon another Connor/Aveline picture.http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/324/7/1/connor_with_aveline_by_okiran9-d5lm731.jpg