PDA

View Full Version : (Spoilers) Haytham DLC

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:42 AM
So we know that Haytham was an Assassin how many of you would Like DLC with more Detail into Haythams past.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I see one no but i wonder why it makes Sense hes an ancestor and stuff plus he has a story to tell.

Chariflame
12-11-2012, 11:59 AM
While theoretically yes, I would enjoy seeing more of Haytham as a DLC, I'll say no.

His story is fully told in the novel, and I'd rather have future DLC focused around this "what if" concept that's been started. Anything else wouldn't particularly fit. There's so much potential for alternate stories both in the revolution and set in the modern-verse that telling a story that's already been told is almost a waste.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
While theoretically yes, I would enjoy seeing more of Haytham as a DLC, I'll say no.

His story is fully told in the novel, and I'd rather have future DLC focused around this "what if" concept that's been started. Anything else wouldn't particularly fit. There's so much potential for alternate stories both in the revolution and set in the modern-verse that telling a story that's already been told is almost a waste.
So if we don't read the Novel we don't know the story some people can't read well should they suffer

dxsxhxcx
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
the only moment I would like to see is when Haytham discovers that the person behind the kidnapping of his sister and death of his father was Reginald Birch, the man who turned him into a Templar

one DLC I would like to see is how Achilles was defeated by the Templars during his time as an Assassin (maybe use one of those disks we used in ACR)

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 12:16 PM
the only moment I would like to see is when Haytham discovers that the person behind the kidnapping of his sister and death of his father was Reginald Birch, the man who turned him into a Templar

one DLC I would like to see is how Achilles was defeated by the Templars during his time as an Assassin would be kool as well but i am wondering if after his family died he just gave up

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 12:31 PM
It wouldn't happen because its not really relevant to the story

BATISTABUS
12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I would not. I think the length of Haytham's portions had a negative impact on AC3; for me and critically. I loved him as a character, but I did not like his gameplay at the expense of Connors. I would like to know more about Haytham in the form of some other media (I think the book actually has more on this).

TrueAssassin77
12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
no! read the book. We have already given haytham to many resources

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 12:41 PM
no! read the book. We have already given haytham to many resources
people who can't read want a word with you like i said before some people have trouble reading

TrueAssassin77
12-11-2012, 12:47 PM
people who can't read want a word with you like i said before some people have trouble reading

maybe they should figure out how to read rather thanplaying video games?

bottom line: the whole story of AC3 would have be way more cohesive without haytham. devs devoted far to many resoucres to him.

im sick of him

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 12:50 PM

bottom line: the whole story of AC3 would have be way more cohesive without haytham. devs devoted far to many resoucres to him.

im sick of him Bottom line being some people can't learn to read at all trust me you may not like him but just for that should everyone be punished

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Yes please. More Haytham awesomeness. The thing to wonder is, Oliver Bowden's book always follows the game stories closely. Forsaken is the first tie he diverges significantly fro the story. Indication for future game/DLC perhaps?

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 03:55 PM

im sick of him

I thought it was more cohesive BECAUSE of Haytham. Or else you'd have a random dude jumping on you and claiming to be your father.. a Templar claiming to be of noble intentions but you would take it all to be propaganda, because you've been always told Templars are bloodthirsty control freaks, etc.

Also not to forget the Haytham sections also strengthened the other villains. It explained why Lee is fanatically devoted to Haytham. It explained why Haytham gave up the search for the precursor site.

TrueAssassin77
12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
I thought it was more cohesive BECAUSE of Haytham. Or else you'd have a random dude jumping on you and claiming to be your father.. a Templar claiming to be of noble intentions but you would take it all to be propaganda, because you've been always told Templars are bloodthirsty control freaks, etc.

Also not to forget the Haytham sections also strengthened the other villains. It explained why Lee is fanatically devoted to Haytham. It explained why Haytham gave up the search for the precursor site.

im glad you like Haytham. i really am. i bet that if Haytham was devoted less resources we'd have less "6 months later" loading screens while playing as Connor. We sure got to see Haytham ride on a boat(the pinnacle of american movement to the colonies) but we never get to delve into Connors culture. Haytham interacted with Connors mom more than Connor did for pete' sake. Its a **** shame really. There is a book. That is enough. If someone cannot read, i have no idea how they got through the previous installments. This is CONNOR'S VIDEO GAME, Haytham already made a hearty attempt at stealing the spotlight, it is now time to move on from Ezio Jr. Next thing we know people will be asking for a Haytham game that depicts already explored areas of his history... oh wait.