PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Low FPS

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tzatrix
12-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi, everyone. The biggest thread have been closed due to "becoming off topic". Let's try to obey the rules and continue where we left.
My specs:
Core 2 Quad q6600 OC to 3.0 MHz
GeForce GTX 560SE
Windows 7 Ultimate x86
4 Gb RAM DDR3 (3,25 available)
Boston drops to 15 if you look towards it's center. Average is 25. It always drops! No stability at all, no joy at all. Frontier and Homestead have average of 45, rarely drops to 25. Defining graphics doesn't help! Killing all side processes either. The game doesn't take advantage of multicore processors! Everybody figured it out except for Ubi's devs!
Support is helpless and no use at all. I had 2 scripted answers as if I never read forums and saw the computer 1st time in my life! After that I answered that those suggestions don't work. I did it respectfully! And no answer for 2 days now! The just dumped me! Make a chat for support! U are a big company. Take EA Support, Steam support or XBox live support for example.
Best regards, Andrey.

Black_Widow9
12-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi, everyone. The biggest thread have been closed due to "becoming off topic". Let's try to obey the rules and continue where we left.
My specs:
Core 2 Quad q6600 OC to 3.0 MHz
GeForce GTX 560SE
Windows 7 Ultimate x86
4 Gb RAM DDR3 (3,25 available)
Boston drops to 15 if you look towards it's center. Average is 25. It always drops! No stability at all, no joy at all. Frontier and Homestead have average of 45, rarely drops to 25. Defining graphics doesn't help! Killing all side processes either. The game doesn't take advantage of multicore processors! Everybody figured it out except for Ubi's devs!
Support is helpless and no use at all. I had 2 scripted answers as if I never read forums and saw the computer 1st time in my life! After that I answered that those suggestions don't work. I did it respectfully! And no answer for 2 days now! The just dumped me! Make a chat for support! U are a big company. Take EA Support, Steam support or XBox live support for example.
Best regards, Andrey.
Hello,
Thank you for your detailed post.
For your nVidia driver please make sure you are using the Official 310.70 Driver as the Beta is no longer needed. You also need to disable SLI for the time being.

Try this and then let us know if you need more help so we can adjust try adjusting a few more settings. ;)

Tzatrix
12-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Sli? I thought its a system of 2 GPUs working at the same time! And yes, I have latest 310.70 drivers :)

Black_Widow9
12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Sli? I thought its a system of 2 GPUs working at the same time! And yes, I have latest 310.70 drivers :)
To learn how to disable SLI please check the User Manual for you nVidia card. If you can't find it check here for your specific driver Manual.- http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php

spectatorx
12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Black widow, but he has a single card, not sli.

P.S.
Closing my thread was pointless, and people still were posting configurations and their fps numbers. Or maybe you were scared community might really beat 666 pages in this thread what would be equal with sueing ubisoft? :D

LambertoKevlar
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
It's called censorship

MaciasX
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
LOL
REALLY ? AGAIN ? Drivers ??
That's pathetic...

q9550@ 4GHz
GTX 670 @ 306.97 / 310.54 / 310.61 / 310.64 / 310.70
20 FPS
1920/1200 High - 20FPS
800/600 Low - 20FPS
GPU usage - 40-50%
Looking to the left side of Boston 20 FPS
Looking to the right side of Boston 60 FPS
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/292/beztytuumdz.jpg

AND GUES WHAT? NO DRIVER HELPS!

And please dont start with "c2q is bottlenecking" crap. I know it's bottlenecking that card, but still. It's a quite powerfull at 4ghz.
Anyway these are minimum system requirements for this game
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
I think that q9550 4ghz should be enough to run this game at FPS higher than 20 FPS on LOW settings

SaltyGabriel
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
Black widow, but he has a single card, not sli.

P.S.
Closing my thread was pointless, and people still were posting configurations and their fps numbers. Or maybe you were scared community might really beat 666 pages in this thread what would be equal with sueing ubisoft? :D

Hmm It kinda feels hush hush, note that this is an opinion not a deduction, over a 100 setups were posted in the last thread excluding the numerous other setups that were posted across other boards, and the fact that the partiuculair thread was being used as a hub to check for updates with Mr Shade should they arrise.
To sum it up
My system specs
AMD 7970
Intel 3630QM
16g Transcend 1600
Pulling around 30 fps in Boston

From what I've seen:
-Nvidia cards seems to have the least problems with under utilization
-High end AMD cards seem to have the most problem with under utilization (6xxx / 7xxx series)
-SLI / Crossfire seems to deteriorate fps further (CPU load increase?)
-Intel / AMD CPUs seem to preform on equal footing, with heavy single thread cores (i5 sandy generation) preforming the best
-First few missions seem to preform perfectly up untill ariving in Boston
-Switching settings (if under utilization is present) does not improve nor deteriorate fps
-Overclocking the CPU seems to directly (and positively) impact fps

*on a side note and with all due respect Black_Widow, customer support was really disrespectfull against me, while I was only trying to relay them the neccesary information and various observations that I made while benchmarking, then again I can understand if I just had the bad luck of the draw so lets not let a bad apple ruin the bunch.

Perk5
12-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Yeah. Because everybody complaining about fps problems didn't have the foresight to download the latest drivers. Give me a break.

LambertoKevlar
12-11-2012, 01:00 PM
I posted my configuration's three times to the dev and no response.Now i want answers,non censorships.You closed that thread because it was a monument at ubisoft's non-professionality with its customers.People paid something that doesn't work and neither have the right to complain about it?Maybe it's a joke?

BobStickman
12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
I am using a single Radeon HD 6850 / 6GB RAM / Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz 2.34 GHz
Downloaded the latest AMD beta drivers (12.11 BETA 11)

Receiving low FPS in Boston.
Contacted Ubisoft support and tried everything they asked of me, but nothing worked.

spectatorx
12-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Ok guys, pls now post in this thread:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/737100-Assassin-s-Creed-3-low-fps-issue-info-thread

Tzatrix
12-11-2012, 01:43 PM
I use 1 GPU so "SLI" is sure not my problem! I bought an additional 2Gb RAM module and a GTX 560. 250$ (including the deluxe edition cost) is thrown into the trash can. No answer from the Support. Tried everything from OC my CPU to 3Mhz and my GPU to 1000Mhz up to trying Readyboost and all those GameFires and Boosters! No use. I'm so disappointed and upset. And they say my country (Russia) is full of thieves!(

BzkGB
12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Gotta love Ubisoft's censorship. Disgusting.

When a saw a bunch of random 'Low FPS' threads being closed I knew it was only a matter of time before the mods decided to close the largest one.

LambertoKevlar
12-11-2012, 03:11 PM
censorship

Elaeus1990
12-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Well the funny thing about that censorship is that everybody who has sent a ticket has been fighting for weeks to get an answer too, what do you say about that? I myself sent a ticket a week ago and didn't get an answer, i don't even bother actualise it because i know it's a lost cause like the 101 pages of low fps issue's thread you just closed!
We've been posting specs and bugs for more than 2 weeks now, we still don't see the shadow of a concern or a fix from Ubi support and we ask for manifestations from you moderators and you come after 2 weeks just to distribute the fact that we are not supposed to be angry, to ask us to post specs and to close threads??!!
I mean is this a joke or what? do you even realise what this means for us? We don't own millions of bucks like those thieves, 80 is a lot for us and we are allowed to be angry when you laugh at our efforts for not pirating your fu**ing game!

Guess what? LOW FPS ISSUE
Does that ring a bell to you? and if you wanna my specs, i recommend you pay attention to my ticket or our posts in the topic you closed. You want a hint about specs issue? i recommend you actually read about our comments in the same topic you closed because at first we were serious when we still hoped UBI might be a little serious about its work. But hey, i am still gonna help you because i think, and people will agree, we "haven't said it enough" : AC3 BADLY GPU OPTIMIZED
It's getting tired to do your job........
Thanks for your (non) concern.

spectatorx
12-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Not cpu, gpu optmized. On cpu side everything is ok, it utilizes 4 cores.

Elaeus1990
12-11-2012, 04:15 PM
yeah sorry mistake, anger mislead me :D

jeerryyyyy
12-11-2012, 04:21 PM
when i read this i think the ubi is funny because his close the topic of FPS problem and still dont make a patch..nice

toukoh
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I have send a ticket couple of day ago and no answers
They take our money, they ignore our issues and they ask to send ticket over and over...... maybe they make the bigest collection of "FPS ISSUES TICKETS" for the world record book.
So UBI, after 2 week of "fps issues tickets" now it's time to do something. We are customers not pirate! Don't release the game on PC if you want to punish pirate

"Okay guys, i have an idea for punish pirate, let release the game on pc, totaly bugy game (unpplayable), like that pirate will be punished"
What about the real customers in this story???????? how can you do that?
You still our money and you close our thread? this is a jock? are you serious?

(sorry for my poor english)

norbe09
12-11-2012, 05:24 PM
'Hey everyone,
This has completely gone off topic. Not everyone has the same PC setup and no one is posting their Specs, being specific or stating anything remotely near the OP thus turning this into a rant thread. If you are having this problem you need to contact Ubisoft Support directly and respectfully'

What a load of crap no one is posting their specs look through the thread i posted specs, screen shots and also what answer did i get from Ubisoft support ''Thank you for you mail. The development team is aware of the issue and is currently working of finding a solution. For any further updates please keep an eye on our website.'' what a piss take. Nothing to say it's just so pathetic....

Also Official 310.70 Driver is beta driver - . - only Quadro has WHQL 310.70 drivers. This is just epic fail...

Tzatrix
12-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Tried nearly everything! I even thought upgrading my win7 x86 to x64. Then realized that it will barely solve all the problems. I'm looking on the credits right now...I managed to finish the game...and credits run stable on 60fps. Well done, Ubisoft :)

Elaeus1990
12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
lol they want you to have a good look on their team and tell you : hey look how amazed a game can be made, we hope you enjoyed every bug you notice. See if you can find more! -> new game + + DLC + MP

rmartinezdl
12-11-2012, 06:14 PM
i am not ranting on the game, i love the game I am ranting on how bad is the SINGLE PLAYER optimized, MP RUNS GREAT, but full of hackers so yeah, game is BROKEN.

you wanted specs?

CPU: INTEL CORE I5 460M @ 2.6 GHZ
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 5650 1 GB
RAM: 4GB

far cry 3, runs great at 1024x600 dx11 low preset, 2x anti aliasing.
ac3 runs **** on 1080p and 800x600, so definetly is the game.

Mr_Shade
12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Guys,

remember you also need to be contacting support, since that Is the best way to highlight your hardware issues to the team.

remember when contacting them, you also need to tell them the reason why - simply telling them "I have low FPS" is not good enough, they need to see hard facts - so make sure you sending them detailed information, with frame rates.

this is vital for those of you with low frame rates, such as 5- 20 FPS on gt680 etc.

If you are getting around 30fps, which is not really considered to be very low, you can boost them in a few ways.

The following may also help those of you with very low FPS - these are NOT official fixes, just information gained from the other thread.

Nvidia:
You need to be using the latest official drivers 310.70 drivers and at present you may need to disable SLi (otherwise it may impact FPS in a negative way)

AMD:
For best performance you need to be using 12.11 drivers - (beta 8 or 11 only) and again disable crossfire for the time being (having it enabled may impact your FPS greatly!)

in general:

if you do not have the latest multicore CPU, consider turning world detail down if you are having FPS issues using "very high" is VERY demanding dropping this may help the CPU bottle neck

AA also impacts the graphics cards performance, so consider dropping that and turning off TXAA

shadow quality - if you set options lower than "very high" you may see improvements.

If you have tried those changes, and you are still seeing sub 20 FPS on supported hardware then make sure to also tell support, you have tried them.

Tzatrix
12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Mr. Shade! Thank u! But I tried all those "fixes" and they don't work for me. Mr. Shade, support is totally ignoring me! I received last reply on Thursday, I made a reply on Friday..since then - complete silence. I've sent the DxDiag text file with all system specs, made the same with SAN-Tool, which I've been provided with so kindly! And no news from support this far.

toukoh
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Seriously Mr Shade, i'm playing game on PC from years and i never seen so many thread, so many simiular issues, so many ticket for a same game!!!!
Why UBI do not reconize "Yeah, the game is badely optimised, yes we have to release patch, wes that's true, we can see thousand player with the same issues, that is not normal; this is our responsabilities"
Major have responsabilities sometimes, you know!

Mr Shade, you want to see my ticket? (in french sorry) they can find My PC Specs, my issues point by point everything they need for fix all this sh***

Tell me, what the sentence if Forum Manager agree with players? you be killed? you be fired? UBI can't be responsable of this mass so this necessarily beaucose of players's PC????
i think UBI changed, your like Treyarch and Activision now? Were the best, we love money, players sucks!

(again sorry for my english)

norbe09
12-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I am not playing this game until i get constant 60FPS i don't spend big money on my PC to play games on so called ''30fps, which is not really considered to be very low'' and turning down settings and making game look like crap is also not an option at least for me. It's your problem Ubisoft so you fix it. Also not much point contacting support since they provide no fix and just say '''Thank you for you mail. The development team is aware of the issue and is currently working of finding a solution. For any further updates please keep an eye on our website.''

Mr_Shade
12-11-2012, 08:14 PM
There is nothing I can say, other than try the fixes and continue to contact support.

I personally have no FPS problem on my 6850 and q8300 - however that's just my own experience.

DutchDefqon
12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
I have a Nvidia GTX 560 M (Yes this is a laptop chipset) And i know laptop chipsets arent officially supported.. But i have a Intel I7 Processor 2630QM.. And it has 8 Cpu's.. Its quite of a badass laptop.. But still.. On high performance i get extreme laggspikes on high quality.. Especcialy in the winter season.. (Probaly because of the snow.. ) But still.. Are there any ways to fix it a little without turning the graphics down or modding my laptop extremely?

bayako
12-11-2012, 08:23 PM
did everyone try to set the priority to high in the task manager...this may resullt in some boosts....?!

abohamed
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
well .. my spec is :
ATI 5770HD asus
intel core 2 due e7300 @ 2.66
6gb ddr2 RAM
win7 64bit
my fps min is 10 and my ave 20
so please fix it guys

cico_thebest69
12-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow so they closed the other thread now. too bad that closing threads wont fix the problem :nonchalance:

Anyway i think i will enjoy my free copy of Far Cry 3 wile waiting a patch :D

hitman47222
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
There is nothing I can say, other than try the fixes and continue to contact support.

I personally have no FPS problem on my 6850 and q8300 - however that's just my own experience.

I have 6850 as well but i have FX-6100 CPU. Which is better than the q8300 yet i am getting 22 FPS in boston.

Can you tell me what graphical settings you use? Are you using any OC on GPU/CPU? How much FPS u getting?

cico_thebest69
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I have 6850 as well but i have FX-6100 CPU. Which is better than the q8300 yet i am getting 22 FPS in boston.

Can you tell me what graphical settings you use? Are you using any OC on GPU/CPU? How much FPS u getting?

Maybe with "no fps problem" he means that getting 20 fps is not a problem for him

Pejzy
12-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Computer: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ (Brisbane, BH-G2) @ 2812 MHz (14.00x200.9)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4
Chipset: AMD 790X (RD780) + SB600
Memory: 4096 MBytes @ 401 MHz, 6.0-6-6-18
- 2048 MB PC6400 DDR2-SDRAM - Patriot Memory (PDP Systems) PSD22G80026
Graphics: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 570
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (GF110), 1310400 KB GDDR5 SDRAM
Drive: SAMSUNG HD502IJ, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
Drive: AHMZO YV4PANG1, BD-ROM
Sound: ATI/AMD SB600 - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound: nVIDIA GF110 - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168B/8111B PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

FPS 8-15 !!!!!

spectatorx
12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
@Pejzy, it is time for your brisbane to be replaced with something new ;-) I had brisbane cpu (4800+ exactly) few years ago, long time ago ;-) Replace it to something 4 or 6 core ;-) You have a really decent motherboard which support cpus like phenom II. In your case cpu is a huge bottleneck but all other components are good ;-)

Perk5
12-11-2012, 10:41 PM
in b4 thread locked due to "ranting".

Black_Widow9
12-11-2012, 10:42 PM
LOL
q9550@ 4GHz
20 FPS
1920/1200 High - 20FPS
800/600 Low - 20FPS
GPU usage - 40-50%

And please dont start with "c2q is bottlenecking" crap. I know it's bottlenecking that card, but still. It's a quite powerfull at 4ghz.
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better recommended
I think that q9550 4ghz should be enough to run this game at FPS higher than 20 FPS on LOW settings
Please make sure you are using the 310.70 Driver. You need to also make sure that SLI is disabled for the time time being.
Then try turning down the following settings if you are still experiencing it and they are set to "Very High":
-Environmental Quality
-AA
-TXAA
-Shadow Quality

To sum it up
My system specs
AMD 7970
Intel 3630QM
16g Transcend 1600
Pulling around 30 fps in Boston

*on a side note and with all due respect Black_Widow, customer support was really disrespectfull against me, while I was only trying to relay them the neccesary information and various observations that I made while benchmarking, then again I can understand if I just had the bad luck of the draw so lets not let a bad apple ruin the bunch.
Please make sure that at the absolute least you are using the 12.11 BETA8 driver and nothing less. Then for the time being please disable Crossfire.
Then try turning down the following settings if you are still experiencing it and they are set to "Very High":
-Environmental Quality
-AA
-TXAA
-Shadow Quality

I am using a single Radeon HD 6850 / 6GB RAM / Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz 2.34 GHz
Downloaded the latest AMD beta drivers (12.11 BETA 11)

Receiving low FPS in Boston.
Contacted Ubisoft support and tried everything they asked of me, but nothing worked.
Please make sure you have Crossfire disabled for the time being.
-Environmental Quality
-AA
-TXAA
-Shadow Quality

I use 1 GPU so "SLI" is sure not my problem! I bought an additional 2Gb RAM module and a GTX 560. 250$ (including the deluxe edition cost) is thrown into the trash can. No answer from the Support. Tried everything from OC my CPU to 3Mhz and my GPU to 1000Mhz up to trying Readyboost and all those GameFires and Boosters! No use. I'm so disappointed and upset.(
Please make sure you are using the 310.70 Driver for optimal performance.
-Environmental Quality
-AA
-TXAA
-Shadow Quality

I have a Nvidia GTX 560 M (Yes this is a laptop chipset) And i know laptop chipsets arent officially supported.. But i have a Intel I7 Processor 2630QM.. And it has 8 Cpu's.. Its quite of a badass laptop.. But still.. On high performance i get extreme laggspikes on high quality.. Especcialy in the winter season.. (Probaly because of the snow.. ) But still.. Are there any ways to fix it a little without turning the graphics down or modding my laptop extremely?
As you have seen they may work but are not supported.
http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17133/p/88%2C2511/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1NTI2MTc5Mi9zaWQvVFAzcEV2ZGw%3D

That being said please make sure you are using the 310.70 Driver. SLI needs to be disabled for the time being.
-Environmental Quality
-AA
-TXAA
-Shadow Quality

Computer: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ (Brisbane, BH-G2) @ 2812 MHz (14.00x200.9)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4
Chipset: AMD 790X (RD780) + SB600
Memory: 4096 MBytes @ 401 MHz, 6.0-6-6-18
Graphics: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 570
nVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (GF110), 1310400 KB GDDR5 SDRAM
Drive: SAMSUNG HD502IJ, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
Drive: AHMZO YV4PANG1, BD-ROM
Sound: ATI/AMD SB600 - High Definition Audio Controller
Sound: nVIDIA GF110 - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168B/8111B PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter

FPS 8-15 !!!!!
For your AMD driver please make sure you are using at the absolute least the 12.11 BETA8 driver. Then disable Crossfire for the time being.
-Environmental Quality
-AA
-TXAA
-Shadow Quality

If you are all still experiencing issues after this, like Mr_Shade said, please keep in contact with Support. Please do not turn this into another rant thread or it will be locked.
Thanks

spectatorx
12-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Advice about disabling txaa on amd gpus is... i will put it into safe words... out of my imagination. TXAA is nvidia only method of aa and it is not available with amd gpu and what it goes after this option is not available in game menu.

Also suggestion to lower details on combination of AMD 7970 and 3630QM is similar situation. This is top-end hardware, game should run smoothly on it with fullhd resolution and all details maxed out.

And one thing more... have you even read these specs? Disabling crossfire on single gpu? Single gpu is not multigpu so it is not crossfire/sli. And when single card is present in machine in drivers it is impossible to force any kind of crossfire.

All other advices may be helpful but i wouldn't expect miracles.

SaltyGabriel
12-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Thanks for the reply Black_Widow,

At the moment using 12.11 Beta 11, which mostly featured image corruption and sporadic crashes compared to beta 8, but it did show minor (~5%) improvements for me.
Tumbeling graphic settings around, the one that makes an impact on preformance seems to be enviroment quality (amount of texture rendering?)
AA on max causes heavy artifacting on the 7970 series (I am pretty sure this is excluse to this particuliar series - driver issue)

When it comes to GPU utilization, that seems to be more driver related, AMD had to make alot of fixes for it, but on their forums they seem bend on blaming the issue soly on CPU threading. But no definite AMD replies on the issue so far.

And Spectator,

Huge fan, love your work, I want your autograph! D:
And yeh AMD GPUs only have MS or SS AA, forcing either one through CCC doesnt make a noticable difference, only Enviremont quality seems too, and forcing Tesselation off doesn't do alot for me either, altho I dont think AC3 has tesselation to begin with.

Perk5
12-12-2012, 12:03 AM
Lowering the settings in-game doesn't have any effect. I've turned down all the settings to the lowest quality and the game still suffers from frequent fps dips and stuttering.

This is with one GTX 570, I have a SLI setup but the game crashes when I enable SLI. Using the latest drivers (310.70 beta). Core i5 2500K, 12gb DDR3.

It's the only game I've encountered that can't run smoothly. Ironically, other Ubisoft games I don't have any issues with: Far Cry 3, Future Soldier all run perfectly.

Poor optimization, I'm afraid.

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 12:42 AM
@Epyonupgrade, ok, i will send you one later xD ha ha ha :D And thx for these nice words from you, appreciate them.

About aa methods... txaa is one of only few methods supported by nvidia only gpus. At all methods of aa is really huuuuge number, personally i can count over 50 of them (msaa, mlaa, csaa, txaa, smaa, fxaa, eqaa, sraa, some-weird-long-name-aa... etc xD ) and most of these methods are also available on amd gpus. Some of these methods you can get only via tools called injectors, like for example smaa injector.

My PERSONAL conclusion about aa methods is... they all are pointless, they are using a lots of resources, dropping fps very badly, causing edge blurings, some artifacts, injectors may be reasons of unexpected crashes of applications on which you used injectors... and you are enabling it for... make some edges look more smooth... In high resolutions in most cases i really have problems with seeing the difference between aa disabled and enabled but i see the difference in fps and fluency of an animation and usually i'm disabling in-game aa and in drivers keeping it set to "controlled by application". There is much more effects bringing a lot better features, improving real visuals and not using as much resources as aa do.

CyBeR-Junky72
12-12-2012, 01:35 AM
On low setings 13/54 FPS on high setings 12/60 FPS DxDiag}------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/11/2012, 13:54:55
Machine name: CYBER-GAME-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: Maximus II Formula
BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/13/09 14:03:05 Ver: 08.00.14
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4096MB RAM
Page File: 2037MB used, 6150MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6898)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_03461043&REV_00
Display Memory: 2806 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Algemeen PnP-beeldscherm
Monitor Model: PL2473HD
Monitor Id: IVM6107
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,at icfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64 .dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a. cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1151 (English)
Driver Version: 9.2.0.0
DDI Version: 11
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 9/28/2012 02:41:40, 1120768 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2BD8-11CF-8C77-4C23BEC2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x6898
SubSys ID: 0x03461043
Revision ID: 0x0000
Driver Strong Name: oem33.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_Evergreen:9 .2.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_6898
Rank Of Driver: 00E62001
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C
Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=
D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported
DXVA-HD: Not Supported
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Luidsprekers (High Definition Audio-apparaat)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438334&REV_1003
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch)
Date and Size: 11/20/2010 11:44:23, 350208 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Microsoft
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF1F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

Description: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: No
Default Voice Playback: No
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1002
Product ID: 100
Driver Name: AtihdW76.sys
Driver Version: 7.12.0000.7708 (English)
Date and Size: 5/14/2012 07:12:30, 96896 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices

Description: Digitale audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio-apparaat)
Other Files:

Description: Digitale audio (HDMI) (High Definition Audio-apparaat)
Other Files:

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: Microfoon (High Definition Audio-apparaat)
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Cap Flags: 0x1
Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

Description: Lijningang (High Definition Audio-apparaat)
Default Sound Capture: No
Default Voice Capture: No

Description: Microfoon (High Definition Audio-apparaat)
Default Sound Capture: No
Default Voice Capture: No

-------------------
DirectInput Devices
-------------------
Device Name: Muis
Attached: 1
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a
FF Driver: n/a

Device Name: Toetsenbord
Controller ID: n/a
Vendor/Product ID: n/a

Device Name: Programmable Hotkeys
Controller ID: 0x0
Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x5081

Device Name: G9x Laser Mouse
Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC066

Device Name: Saitek Cyborg Keyboard (USB)
Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0728

Device Name: Saitek Cyborg Keyboard (USB)
Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0728

Poll w/ Interrupt: No

-----------
USB Devices
-----------
+ USB-hoofdhub
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x8086, 0x3A36
| Matching Device ID: usb\root_hub
| Service: usbhub
| Driver: usbhub.sys, 3/25/2011 04:29:26, 343040 bytes
| Driver: usbd.sys, 3/25/2011 04:28:59, 7936 bytes
|
+-+ Cyborg R.A.T.9 Mouse (USB)
| | Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0CFA
| | Location: Port_#0002.Hub_#0007
| | Matching Device ID: usb\vid_06a3&pid_0cfa
| | Lower Filters: SaiU0CFA
| | Service: HidUsb
| | Driver: SaiU0CFA.sys, 9/20/2011 08:36:44, 47168 bytes
| | Driver: hidusb.sys, 11/20/2010 11:43:49, 30208 bytes
| | Driver: hidclass.sys, 11/20/2010 11:43:49, 76800 bytes
| | Driver: hidparse.sys, 7/14/2009 01:06:17, 32896 bytes
| |
| +-+ Cyborg R.A.T.9 Mouse (HID)
| | | Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0CFA
| | | Matching Device ID: hid\vid_06a3&pid_0cfa
| | | Lower Filters: SaiK0CFA
| | | Service: mouhid
| | | Driver: SaiK0CFA.sys, 9/20/2011 08:36:44, 183104 bytes
| | | Driver: mouhid.sys, 7/14/2009 01:00:20, 31232 bytes
| | | Driver: mouclass.sys, 7/14/2009 02:48:27, 49216 bytes
| | | Driver: WdfCoInstaller01009.dll, 3/23/2011 15:26:16, 1721576 bytes

----------------
Gameport Devices
----------------

------------
PS/2 Devices
------------
+ HID-toetsenbordapparaat
| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard
| Service: kbdhid
| Driver: kbdhid.sys, 11/20/2010 11:33:25, 33280 bytes
| Driver: kbdclass.sys, 7/14/2009 02:48:04, 50768 bytes
|
+ HID-toetsenbordapparaat
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC066
| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_keyboard
| Driver: kbdhid.sys, 11/20/2010 11:33:25, 33280 bytes
|
+ Saitek Cyborg Keyboard (HID)
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x06A3, 0x0728
| Matching Device ID: hid\vid_06a3&pid_0728&mi_00
|
+ Toetsenbordstuurprogramma voor Terminal Server
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_kbd
| Upper Filters: kbdclass
| Service: TermDD
| Driver: i8042prt.sys, 7/14/2009 00:19:57, 105472 bytes
|
+ HID-muis
| Matching Device ID: hid_device_system_mouse
| Service: mouhid
| Driver: mouhid.sys, 7/14/2009 01:00:20, 31232 bytes
| Driver: mouclass.sys, 7/14/2009 02:48:27, 49216 bytes
|
+ Logitech HID-compliant G9x Laser Mouse
| Vendor/Product ID: 0x046D, 0xC066
| Matching Device ID: hid\vid_046d&pid_c066&mi_00
| Upper Filters: LMouFilt
| Lower Filters: LHidFilt
| Service: mouhid
| Driver: LHidFilt.Sys, 6/17/2009 08:54:22, 55312 bytes
| Driver: LMouFilt.Sys, 6/17/2009 08:54:30, 57872 bytes
| Driver: KHALMNPR.Exe, 6/17/2009 08:53:28, 130576 bytes
| Driver: mouhid.sys, 7/14/2009 01:00:20, 31232 bytes
| Driver: WdfCoInstaller01005.dll, 2/18/2008 14:20:12, 1919968 bytes
|
+ Muisstuurprogramma voor Terminal Server
| Matching Device ID: root\rdp_mou
| Upper Filters: mouclass
| Service: TermDD
| Driver: termdd.sys, 11/20/2010 14:33:57, 63360 bytes
| Driver: sermouse.sys, 7/14/2009 01:00:20, 26624 bytes

------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: C:
Free Space: 397.0 GB
Total Space: 610.4 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD6400AACS-00G8B1 ATA Device

Drive: D:
Model: Optiarc DVD RW AD-5200S ATA Device
Driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\cdrom.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch), 11/20/2010 10:19:21, 147456 bytes

--------------
System Devices
--------------
Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 3A40
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A40&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E0
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch), 11/20/2010 14:33:48, 184704 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A35
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A35&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E9
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 6.01.7601.17586 (English), 3/25/2011 04:29:03, 30720 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 6.01.7601.17586 (Dutch), 3/25/2011 04:29:14, 325120 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 6.01.7601.17586 (Dutch), 3/25/2011 04:29:26, 343040 bytes

Name: Standaard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_6121&SUBSYS_612111AB&REV_B1\4&116B1340&0&00E4
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciide.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/14/2009 02:45:45, 12352 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (Dutch), 7/14/2009 02:45:46, 48720 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/14/2009 02:52:21, 24128 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ataport.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch), 11/20/2010 14:32:46, 155520 bytes

Name: High Definition Audio-besturing
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A3E&SUBSYS_83341043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D8
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch), 11/20/2010 11:43:43, 122368 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A34
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A34&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E8
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbuhci.sys, 6.01.7601.17586 (English), 3/25/2011 04:29:03, 30720 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbport.sys, 6.01.7601.17586 (Dutch), 3/25/2011 04:29:14, 325120 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbhub.sys, 6.01.7601.17586 (Dutch), 3/25/2011 04:29:26, 343040 bytes

Name: Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller #2
Device ID: PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4364&SUBSYS_81F81043&REV_12\4&210273A0&0&00E3
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\yk62x64.sys, 11.22.0003.0003 (English), 9/28/2009 09:22:00, 395264 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\yk62x64.dll, 11.10.0002.0003 (English), 9/28/2009 09:22:00, 496128 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3C
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A3C&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D7
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 6.01.7601.17586 (English), 3/25/2011 04:29:04, 52736 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family SMBus Controller - 3A30
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A30&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FB
Driver: n/a

Name: Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_11AB&DEV_4364&SUBSYS_81F81043&REV_12\4&1C95CDEB&0&00E2
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\yk62x64.sys, 11.22.0003.0003 (English), 9/28/2009 09:22:00, 395264 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\yk62x64.dll, 11.10.0002.0003 (English), 9/28/2009 09:22:00, 496128 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 3A3A
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A3A&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&EF
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbehci.sys, 6.01.7601.17586 (English), 3/25/2011 04:29:04, 52736 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 3A22
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A22&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FA
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\msahci.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (English), 11/20/2010 14:33:44, 31104 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pciidex.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (Dutch), 7/14/2009 02:45:46, 48720 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/14/2009 02:52:21, 24128 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ataport.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch), 11/20/2010 14:32:46, 155520 bytes

Name: VIA 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3044&SUBSYS_81FE1043&REV_C0\4&1B359D48&0&18F0
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\1394ohci.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch), 11/20/2010 11:44:56, 229888 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A39
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A39&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D2

Name: Intel(R) ICH10R LPC Interface Controller - 3A16
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A16&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&F8
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\msisadrv.sys, 6.01.7600.16385 (English), 7/14/2009 02:48:27, 15424 bytes

Name: High Definition Audio-besturing
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA50&SUBSYS_AA501043&REV_00\4&39043ADE&0&0108
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\hdaudbus.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch), 11/20/2010 11:43:43, 122368 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family PCI Express Root Port 5 - 3A48
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A48&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E4
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 6.01.7601.17514 (Dutch), 11/20/2010 14:33:48, 184704 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A38
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A38&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D1

Name: Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port - 2E21
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E21&SUBSYS_82D31043&REV_03\3&11583659&0&08

Name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Device ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6898&SUBSYS_03461043&REV_00\4&39043ADE&0&0008
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, 8.01.0001.1266 (English), 9/28/2012 03:21:20, 10697216 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\ati2erec.dll, 1.00.0000.0024 (English), 9/28/2012 02:09:48, 53248 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:12:52, 460288 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiumd64.dll, 9.14.0010.0926 (English), 9/28/2012 02:25:24, 6704640 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiumd6a.dll, 8.14.0010.0370 (English), 9/28/2012 02:31:26, 3127296 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atitmm64.dll, 6.14.0011.0023 (English), 9/28/2012 02:36:50, 120320 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiicdxx.dat, 5/23/2012 16:31:02, 632252 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\amdpcom64.dll, 8.14.0010.0023 (English), 9/28/2012 02:12:58, 56320 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atimpc64.dll, 8.14.0010.0023 (English), 9/28/2012 02:12:58, 56320 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiadlxx.dll, 6.14.0010.1116 (English), 9/28/2012 02:13:40, 595456 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiumd6a.cap, 9/28/2012 02:29:54, 2890048 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atimuixx.dll, 6.14.0010.1002 (English), 9/28/2012 02:36:36, 21504 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiapfxx.exe, 6.14.0010.1001 (English), 9/28/2012 03:03:52, 163840 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\ativvsva.dat, 2/15/2012 03:36:36, 157144 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\ativvsvl.dat, 2/15/2012 03:36:36, 204952 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe, 6.14.0011.1131 (English), 9/28/2012 02:38:16, 239616 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe, 6.14.0011.1131 (English), 9/28/2012 02:39:08, 538112 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiedu64.dll, 6.14.0010.2514 (English), 9/28/2012 02:36:30, 59392 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atidemgy.dll, 4.00.4653.37177 (Dutch), 9/28/2012 02:39:14, 442368 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atio6axx.dll, 6.14.0010.11931 (English), 9/28/2012 02:59:56, 23825920 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\aticaldd64.dll, 6.14.0010.1741 (English), 9/28/2012 03:02:08, 16082432 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\aticalrt64.dll, 6.14.0010.1741 (English), 9/28/2012 03:02:30, 51200 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\aticalcl64.dll, 6.14.0010.1741 (English), 9/28/2012 03:02:22, 44544 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atipblag.dat, 9/13/2011 00:06:16, 3917 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiu9p64.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:11:08, 103424 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiuxp64.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:11:22, 129536 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atig6pxx.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:13:16, 17920 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atig6txx.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:13:08, 41984 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atibtmon.exe, 2.00.0000.0000 (English), 5/11/2009 22:35:28, 118784 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiapfxx.blb, 9/28/2012 03:07:04, 304128 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atidxx64.dll, 8.17.0010.0453 (English), 9/28/2012 02:22:42, 7167488 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiumdag.dll, 9.14.0010.0926 (English), 9/28/2012 03:23:00, 5557928 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiumdva.dll, 8.14.0010.0370 (English), 9/28/2012 02:22:30, 2691584 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\amdpcom32.dll, 8.14.0010.0023 (English), 9/28/2012 02:12:48, 56832 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atimpc32.dll, 8.14.0010.0023 (English), 9/28/2012 02:12:48, 56832 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiadlxy.dll, 6.14.0010.1116 (English), 9/28/2012 02:13:30, 405504 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiumdva.cap, 9/28/2012 02:21:20, 2920000 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ativvsva.dat, 2/15/2012 03:36:36, 157144 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ativvsvl.dat, 2/15/2012 03:36:36, 204952 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ati2edxx.dll, 6.14.0010.2514 (English), 9/28/2012 02:36:26, 43520 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atioglxx.dll, 6.14.0010.11931 (English), 9/28/2012 02:41:14, 19624960 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atidxx32.dll, 8.17.0010.0453 (English), 9/28/2012 02:39:36, 6536192 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\aticaldd.dll, 6.14.0010.1741 (English), 9/28/2012 02:57:20, 13703168 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\aticalrt.dll, 6.14.0010.1741 (English), 9/28/2012 03:02:28, 46080 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\aticalcl.dll, 6.14.0010.1741 (English), 9/28/2012 03:02:20, 44032 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atipblag.dat, 9/13/2011 00:06:16, 3917 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiu9pag.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:10:58, 82944 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiuxpag.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:11:16, 109568 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atigktxx.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:13:00, 33280 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiglpxx.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:13:12, 14848 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\atiapfxx.blb, 9/28/2012 03:07:04, 304128 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\atiogl.xml, 9/14/2012 16:00:12, 38452 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\ATIODCLI.exe, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 6/22/2009 16:34:36, 51200 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\ATIODE.exe, 1.00.0000.0001 (English), 8/27/2010 19:33:08, 332800 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\atiglpxx.dll, 8.14.0001.6278 (English), 9/28/2012 02:13:12, 14848 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\aticfx64.dll, 8.17.0010.1151 (English), 9/28/2012 02:41:40, 1120768 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\aticfx32.dll, 8.17.0010.1151 (English), 9/28/2012 02:43:28, 935424 bytes
Driver: C:\Windows\system32\coinst_9.002.dll, 1.00.0004.0008 (English), 9/28/2012 03:05:38, 70144 bytes

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family PCI Express Root Port 4 - 3A46
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A46&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E3

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A37
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A37&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&D0

Name: Intel(R) 4 Series Chipset Processor to I/O Controller - 2E20
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E20&SUBSYS_82D31043&REV_03\3&11583659&0&00
Driver: n/a

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 3A44
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A44&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&E2

Name: Intel(R) ICH10 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 3A36
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3A36&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&EA

Name: Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_90\3&11583659&0&F0

------------------
DirectShow Filters
------------------

DirectShow Filters:
WMAudio Decoder DMO,0x00800800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
WMAPro over S/PDIF DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
WMSpeech Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOD.DLL,6.01.7601.17514
MP3 Decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,mp3dmod.dll,6.01.7600.16385
Mpeg4s Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp4sdecd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
WMV Screen decoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsdecd.dll,6.01.7601.17514
WMVideo Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,wmvdecod.dll,6.01.7601.17514
Mpeg43 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mp43decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
Mpeg4 Decoder DMO,0x00800001,1,1,mpg4decd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
DV Muxer,0x00400000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Color Space Converter,0x00400001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.1771 3
WM ASF Reader,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514
Screen Capture filter,0x00200000,0,1,wmpsrcwp.dll,12.00.7601.1751 4
AVI Splitter,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
VGA 16 Color Ditherer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
SBE2MediaTypeProfile,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7 601.17528
Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder,0x005fffff,2,4,msmpeg2vdec.dll,6.01.7140.0 000
AC3 Parser Filter,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.17528
StreamBufferSink,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601. 17528
Microsoft TV Captions Decoder,0x00200001,1,0,MSTVCapn.dll,6.01.7601.1771 5
MJPEG Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.1 7713
CBVA DMO wrapper filter,0x00200000,1,1,cbva.dll,6.01.7601.17514
MPEG-I Stream Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
SAMI (CC) Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514
ATI MPEG File Writer,0x00200000,1,0,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.0000.20 928
ATI MPEG Video Decoder,0x00200000,1,2,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.0000.2 0928
MPEG-2 Splitter,0x005fffff,1,0,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601.1752 8
Closed Captions Analysis Filter,0x00200000,2,5,cca.dll,6.06.7601.17514
SBE2FileScan,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.1752 8
Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17 514
Internal Script Command Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
MPEG Audio Decoder,0x03680001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
DV Splitter,0x00600000,1,2,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Video Mixing Renderer 9,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Microsoft MPEG-2 Encoder,0x00200000,2,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17 514
ATI MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.0000.2 0928
AMD MJPEG Decoder,0x00800001,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.0000.2 0928
ACM Wrapper,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Video Renderer,0x00800001,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
MPEG-2 Video Stream Analyzer,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601.17528
Line 21 Decoder,0x00600000,1,1,,
Video Port Manager,0x00600000,2,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Video Renderer,0x00400000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
ATI MPEG Video Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.0000.2 0928
ATI MPEG Multiplexer,0x00200000,2,1,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.00 00.20928
VPS Decoder,0x00200000,0,0,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514
WM ASF Writer,0x00400000,0,0,qasf.dll,12.00.7601.17514
VBI Surface Allocator,0x00600000,1,1,vbisurf.ax,6.01.7601.1751 4
File writer,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
iTV Data Sink,0x00600000,1,0,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514
iTV Data Capture filter,0x00600000,1,1,itvdata.dll,6.06.7601.17514
ATI Video Scaler Filter,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.0000.20 928
DVD Navigator,0x00200000,0,3,qdvd.dll,6.06.7601.17835
Microsoft TV Subtitles Decoder,0x00200001,1,0,MSTVCapn.dll,6.01.7601.1771 5
Overlay Mixer2,0x00200000,1,1,,
RDP DShow Redirection Filter,0xffffffff,1,0,DShowRdpFilter.dll,
Microsoft MPEG-2 Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msmpeg2enc.dll,6.01.7601.17 514
WST Pager,0x00200000,1,1,WSTPager.ax,6.06.7601.17514
MPEG-2 Demultiplexer,0x00600000,1,1,mpg2splt.ax,6.06.7601 .17528
DV Video Decoder,0x00800000,1,1,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
SampleGrabber,0x00200000,1,1,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.1 7514
Null Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,qedit.dll,6.06.7601.17514
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x005fffff,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft AC3 Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,msac3enc.dll,6.01.7601.1751 4
StreamBufferSource,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.760 1.17528
Smart Tee,0x00200000,1,2,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Overlay Mixer,0x00200000,0,0,,
AVI Decompressor,0x00600000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.1 7713
NetBridge,0x00200000,2,0,netbridge.dll,6.01.7601.1 7514
AVI/WAV File Source,0x00400000,0,2,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Wave Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
MIDI Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Multi-file Parser,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
File stream renderer,0x00400000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
ATI Video Rotation Filter,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.0000.20 928
Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder,0x005fffff,1,1,msmpeg2adec.dll,6.01.7140.0 000
StreamBufferSink2,0x00200000,0,0,sbe.dll,6.06.7601 .17528
AVI Mux,0x00200000,1,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Line 21 Decoder 2,0x00600002,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
File Source (Async.),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
File Source (URL),0x00400000,0,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Media Center Extender Encryption Filter,0x00200000,2,2,Mcx2Filter.dll,6.01.7601.175 14
AudioRecorder WAV Dest,0x00200000,0,0,WavDest.dll,
AudioRecorder Wave Form,0x00200000,0,0,WavDest.dll,
SoundRecorder Null Renderer,0x00200000,0,0,WavDest.dll,
Infinite Pin Tee Filter,0x00200000,1,1,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Enhanced Video Renderer,0x00200000,1,0,evr.dll,6.01.7601.17514
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00200000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669
MPEG Video Decoder,0x40000001,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713

WDM Streaming Tee/Splitter Devices:
Tee/Sink-to-Sink-conversieprogramma,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01. 7601.17514

Video Compressors:
WMVideo8 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvxencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
WMVideo9 Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvencod.dll,6.01.7600.16385
MSScreen 9 encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,wmvsencd.dll,6.01.7600.16385
DV Video Encoder,0x00200000,0,0,qdv.dll,6.06.7601.17514
MJPEG Compressor,0x00200000,0,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.177 13

Audio Compressors:
WM Speech Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMSPDMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385
WMAudio Encoder DMO,0x00600800,1,1,WMADMOE.DLL,6.01.7600.16385
ATI MPEG Audio Encoder,0x00200000,1,1,atimpenc64.dll,12.05.0000.2 0928
IMA ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
PCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Microsoft ADPCM,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
GSM 6.10,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
CCITT A-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
CCITT u-Law,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
MPEG Layer-3,0x00200000,1,1,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713

Audio Capture Sources:
Microfoon (High Definition Audi,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514
Lijningang (High Definition Aud,0x00200000,0,0,qcap.dll,6.06.7601.17514

PBDA CP Filters:
PBDA DTFilter,0x00600000,1,1,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17 528
PBDA ETFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17 528
PBDA PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,CPFilters.dll,6.06.7601.17 528

Midi Renderers:
Default MidiOut Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713

WDM Streaming Capture Devices:
,0x00000000,0,0,,
Gemengde opname HD Audio,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

WDM Streaming Rendering Devices:
AMD HD Audio HDMI out #0,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
HD Audio HDMI-uitgang,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514
HD Audio-luidspreker,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17 514
HD Audio SPDIF-uitgang,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01.7601.17514

BDA Network Providers:
Microsoft ATSC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBC Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBS Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft DVBT Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSDvbNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514
Microsoft Network Provider,0x00200000,0,1,MSNP.ax,6.06.7601.17514

Multi-Instance Capable VBI Codecs:
VBI Codec,0x00600000,1,4,VBICodec.ax,6.06.7601.17514

BDA Transport Information Renderers:
BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter,0x00600000,2,0,psisrndr.ax,6.06.7601.17669
MPEG-2 Sections and Tables,0x00600000,1,0,Mpeg2Data.ax,6.06.7601.17514

BDA CP/CA Filters:
Decrypt/Tag,0x00600000,1,1,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
Encrypt/Tag,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
PTFilter,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708
XDS Codec,0x00200000,0,0,EncDec.dll,6.06.7601.17708

WDM Streaming Communication Transforms:
Tee/Sink-to-Sink-conversieprogramma,0x00200000,1,1,ksproxy.ax,6.01. 7601.17514

Audio Renderers:
Luidsprekers (High Definition A,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Defin,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Default DirectSound Device,0x00800000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Default WaveOut Device,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Digitale audio (HDMI) (High Def,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
Digitale audio (S/PDIF) (High D,0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
DirectSound: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.17713
DirectSound: Digitale audio (HDMI) (High Definition Audio-apparaat),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.1771 3
DirectSound: Digitale audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio-apparaat),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.1771 3
DirectSound: Luidsprekers (High Definition Audio-apparaat),0x00200000,1,0,quartz.dll,6.06.7601.1771 3

---------------
EVR Power Information
---------------
Current Setting: {5C67A112-A4C9-483F-B4A7-1D473BECAFDC} (Quality)
Quality Flags: 2576
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow half deinterlace
Allow scaling
Decode Power Usage: 100
Balanced Flags: 1424
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow batching
Force half deinterlace
Force scaling
Decode Power Usage: 50
PowerFlags: 1424
Enabled:
Force throttling
Allow batching
Force half deinterlace
Force scaling
Decode Power Usage: 0

burcet95
12-12-2012, 02:16 AM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2467M CPU @ 1.60GHz

4gb ddr3 ram

intel hd graphics 3000

i realize that this isnt a very good rig. but ive even tried turning the resolution down to 640x480 in the ini folder, and even 320x240. there is still lagging. there should not be. i get 15 in boston and 25 in new york.

nalkml
12-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have the same problem of FPS, which are also several other friends, but did not come to the forum official Assassin's Creed 3.
My Specs...
Bulldozer AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz.
HD Sapphire Radeon 7770 1GB
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
8 GB RAM DDR3 1333 Kingston
as I said, the problem with the FPS is directly affecting, studies have put the graphics at least VSYNC disabled, and the FPS goes down, wanted to know what the position of Ubisoft about it?

Thank you all!

eburkman
12-12-2012, 03:24 AM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66 Ghz
EVGA GTX 560 2GB (310.70 drivers)
8 GB RAM
windows 7 home x64
getting 10-25 fps in boston and frontier. I have tried all different types of settings for graphics and barely see a difference in frame rate. I have set all settings to normal and the screen resolution to 720p which should be the same as the console version if I am not mistaken and still get horrible frame rates. I have been in contact with support, but keep getting the same scripted responses as everyone else. Suggestions?

rkompatzki
12-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Why did they close the other thread? It wasn't going off topic, it was just people asking for a patch of this game. Can't you see the only "bad guy" here is Ubisoft? I'm not trying to offend in any way, I'm just saying this issue is Ubisoft's fault, their game isn't optimized at all for the PC platform, and closing the other thread is just a way of shuting us up. The only advice you guys give all the time (I don't mean to offend the forum managers or anything) is 1.- Install new drives, DOESNT WORK!!, 2.- turn the graphics down, close background programs. First, If I have a 5000$ gaming PC, why shouldn't I be able to max every game? There are people with the newest PC hardware, and NO ONE can max this game, and if you do turn down the graphics, It doesn't change anything, it just looks worse and you have the same poor 10-25 fps. Mr,Shade, you say we should post our PC hardware and everything, so that's what Im gonna do (even though I already did it on the other thread.) I have a pair of 6850s running in crossfire, disabling crossfire doesnt improve the performance. I have an AMD Phenom II x6 1090t running at 3,7 Ghz, and 8 gigs of Corsair ram, at 1600Mhz. As you can see my specs are much more than what you guys show as the "reccommended requirements" I know my rig isn't the best, but I should be able to max this game right? well as I said, I get 10-25 FPS, and lowering graphics doesn't change anything. I just can't play the game this way. I paid 50$ and I can't play the game!! So, all I ask is, tell the UBI team that there's this 100 page thread that keeps on going, and everyone on PC is having the same problem with AC3, and we need a patch NOW. Im sure I didnt break any rules saying this, and If they delete my post, Its cause Ubi is trying to shut us up, (just like they did with the other thread). I hope you guys at UBI can understand how annoying this is for us, and how we feel about paying for something that doesnt work the right way. Hope this gets fixed.

al-Assas
12-12-2012, 03:53 AM

A q8300? A friend of mine has that CPU and I've been paying a lot of attention to all the fps reports from a lot of different sources but I still cannot tell him if it's worth buying the game before upgrading the CPU. Could you please tell us your resolution, graphics settings, and minimum and average FPS during city gameplay? Maybe even both minimum and max settings? That would be really useful to know.

rmartinezdl
12-12-2012, 04:26 AM
mr shade and black_widow9 thanks for taking the time to listen to us, could you please report the devs if they can put an option in-game to turn VSYNC off? it keeps turning on everytime i relaunch the game, thanks

Tzatrix
12-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Black_widow, really?! Latest drivers, lowering settings? *facepalm* Most of us are experienced PC-users...Do you think we didn't try those obvious things?! Myself, I tried so many things, that I don't even remember now at which point I had the best FPS...I'm still upset with the product.

hitman47222
12-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Hello Everyone,
I have the same problem of FPS, which are also several other friends, but did not come to the forum official Assassin's Creed 3.
My Specs...
Bulldozer AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor, 3300 Mhz.
HD Sapphire Radeon 7770 1GB
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
8 GB RAM DDR3 1333 Kingston
as I said, the problem with the FPS is directly affecting, studies have put the graphics at least VSYNC disabled, and the FPS goes down, wanted to know what the position of Ubisoft about it?

Thank you all!

HOLY COW!!! Finally someone who has an FX-6100 too. I was getting the feeling that i was the only one who has FX-6100 and tried AC3.

I have also 8 Gigs of ram and Windows 8 x64 but i have a 6850 instead of the 7770.

Can you tell me how much FPS you are getting exactly? On what graphical settings?

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 10:15 AM
@burcet95, intel graphics are not for gaming, these are to show the desktop, watch some movie, view pictures, nothing more. Your pc is fine except graphic card, you should to buy new gpu, at least geforce 660 or radeon hd7770 or higher to see how games beautiful can look like ;-)

dikkemuu
12-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the reply Black_Widow,

At the moment using 12.11 Beta 11, which mostly featured image corruption and sporadic crashes compared to beta 8, but it did show minor (~5%) improvements for me.
Tumbeling graphic settings around, the one that makes an impact on preformance seems to be enviroment quality (amount of texture rendering?)
AA on max causes heavy artifacting on the 7970 series (I am pretty sure this is excluse to this particuliar series - driver issue)

When it comes to GPU utilization, that seems to be more driver related, AMD had to make alot of fixes for it, but on their forums they seem bend on blaming the issue soly on CPU threading. But no definite AMD replies on the issue so far.

And Spectator,

Huge fan, love your work, I want your autograph! D:
And yeh AMD GPUs only have MS or SS AA, forcing either one through CCC doesnt make a noticable difference, only Enviremont quality seems too, and forcing Tesselation off doesn't do alot for me either, altho I dont think AC3 has tesselation to begin with.

I have been in contact with AMD and I have received the following response:

Dear [subject_name_here],

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[ticket_number_here]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Sorry the Cap profiles have not been released yet with a fix for Assassins creed 3 the Catalyst engineers are currently still working on it. I thought they released it with the new 12.11beta 11.

There is no set release date for the next WHQL drivers. It should be soon though, I recommend checking back every couple of weeks.

Ubisoft have been releasing a bunch of patches ensure that you have updated to those as well.

Please be aware that if we do not hear back from you, we will assume that the issue has been resolved and the service request will be permanently closed after 10 days. If more time is needed to evaluate my suggestion please let me know and I will ensure this service request remains open for you.

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

Improvizor
12-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Hey, maybe we'll get a fix for Christmas. That would be cool.

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Ubisoft is not Santa Claus :D They will release when they will want, if they will... xD

dbnicacio
12-12-2012, 02:50 PM
At december 18th they are going to release an update or dlc, to add the brazilian portuguese as the spoken language of the game, maybe they will release a fix in the package....

kayobendan
12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
For me it's understandable that the forum moderators are trying to give possible solutions like turning down the graphic options and updating drivers etc., because these are the only things that currently can be done (even if 90% of the users are having the technical understanding to regard those advices as self-evident and useless).

What's more interesting for me is if the people responsible at Ubisoft are aware of the problems, admit that the hardware requirements are unproportional and have nothing to do with the official requirements stated and are therefore working on a patch to fix the low fps problem.

A simple answer: "Yes, we are working on it" or "No, it's your problem. 20 fps is our perception of a fluent gameplay"

Then everyone can decide if to play the game despite the horrible performance or to switch to another game or hobby till a patch regarding this problem is released.

The fanbase just wants clear and honest feedback. Till it doesn't get it I can also comprehend their informal approach in the forums.

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 04:24 PM
Since over an hour i'm trying to crash any application but it is impossible to me xD I want to crash any app so badly!!! :D I want to add to my faq guide about how to read details of crash in action center :D

al-Assas
12-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Since over an hour i'm trying to crash any application but it is impossible to me xD I want to crash any app so badly!!! :D I want to add to my faq guide about how to read details of crash in action center :D

Try terminating the process from the task manager.

dikkemuu
12-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Try terminating the process from the task manager.

A crash occurs when the application encounters errors. Terminating the process has no affect on this whatsoever.

EgSpider123
12-12-2012, 05:29 PM
quad q9550 2.83
sapphire 6850
5 Gb ram
7 x64

in Buston at the harbor it reaches 18 fps out side buston it reaches 40 when lookin away from buston and when lookin to buston it drops to 25 ( all at the lowest settings)

rmartinezdl
12-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Already killed Vaas, I am a Hoyt's recruit, I think I'm close to FC3 end, still on boston fresh off the boat on AC3, $50 wasted.

j.k.livn
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
hahahahahah lol.....99% GPU Usage!!!!!!!! WHY????????? For this ugly and old Lady?????????? :confused:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91000943@N07/8266600075/in/photostream

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Women are demanding, haven't you know that yet? :D

sdolegend
12-12-2012, 06:38 PM
C2Q QX9650 @ 3,87Ghz
MSI 7950 (catalyst 12.11 beta11)
4 Gb RAM
7 x64

There is approximately 20 fps in Boston

Boemundus
12-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Guys, has anyone noticed thata looking in steam game's properties--> betas, you can see a "1.02 beta patch" , password restricted?
Which version is running the game now? Because if it's 1.01 maybe we can expect the patch soon...

spectatorx
12-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Currently publicly available is 1.01 so this what you said might be prediction of incoming patch.

Boemundus
12-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Can some Steam user verify this as well?

BzkGB
12-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Guys, has anyone noticed thata looking in steam game's properties--> betas, you can see a "1.02 beta patch" , password restricted?
Which version is running the game now? Because if it's 1.01 maybe we can expect the patch soon...

What about the multiplayer patch that's supposedly coming this month. Isn't the 1.02 beta patch probably referring to that?

Boemundus
12-12-2012, 07:48 PM
What about the multiplayer patch that's supposedly coming this month. Isn't the 1.02 beta patch probably referring to that?

Possibly, but even that multiplayer patch wasn't officially confirmed... Maybe this is another "evidence" that devs are working on something, after all.

BzkGB
12-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Possibly, but even that multiplayer patch wasn't officially confirmed... Maybe this is another "evidence" that devs are working on something, after all.

Yeah maybe. I've pretty much ran out of faith in Ubisoft to fix the problem, though. I guess we'll see.

LambertoKevlar
12-12-2012, 10:50 PM
i've checked on Steam and it's true,there's a beta of patch 1.02

hitman47222
12-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Can a moderator tell us if the 1.02 patch rumors are true or not? Are there any performance fixes in it?

BzkGB
12-12-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm actually betting it's nothing, just some kind of mistake on their end. As far as I'm aware the Thanksgiving patch was technically patch 1.02? I could be wrong. I know the Thanksgiving patch was supposedly included with the PC release, though.

hitman47222
12-12-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm actually betting it's nothing, just some kind of mistake on their end. As far as I'm aware the Thanksgiving patch was technically patch 1.02? I could be wrong. I know the Thanksgiving patch was supposedly included with the PC release, though.

The thanks giving patch WAS included with the PC release as 1.01.

Boemundus
12-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Confirming actual version is 1.01, you can check it in multiplayer mode. Soooo.... there's a 1.02 beta patch in progress, tha'ts for sure.

oceanstwelve
12-13-2012, 12:31 AM
@Mr. Shade .
personally you having no problems with fps doesnt make everyone else wrong here . and we all are not idiots who are currently posting and describing about ac3 poorly optimised. there will be all kinds of posts . sure . from rants to peaceful config postings . but have some developer acknowledge this instead of being a hitler on the forums and then personally telling that u dont have any problems .

razsi1990
12-13-2012, 01:57 AM
LOL
REALLY ? AGAIN ? Drivers ??
That's pathetic...

q9550@ 4GHz
20 FPS
1920/1200 High - 20FPS
800/600 Low - 20FPS
GPU usage - 40-50%

I just can't believe people still can't get it. The game is cpu hungry and ancient cpu's like core2 duo based ones can't handle it. Go get a sandy bridge and shut up already. Sigh.
Pairing a 670 with a 4 year old cpu? Really?

balance6
12-13-2012, 02:52 AM
I just can't believe people still can't get it. The game is cpu hungry and ancient cpu's like core2 duo based ones can't handle it. Go get a sandy bridge and shut up already. Sigh.
Pairing a 670 with a 4 year old cpu? Really?

In Full HD what really matters is the GPU and less than the CPU, even an older 4 core is enough to handle newer cards, then you telling him to buy a sandy just like that (even he said he knows that the cpu is bottlenecked) are you ****ting money or what?

rkompatzki
12-13-2012, 03:12 AM
This thread is a mix of people who have high end PCs and get poor fps, and people who have old PCs that SHOULDNT be able to run the game, and are complaining about bad fps. Come on, if you have a dual core and a Radeon 5670 you cant run this game, get over it. This is for people who should be able to run the game and cant,

dbankier
12-13-2012, 03:47 AM
Come on, if you have a dual core and a Radeon 5670 you cant run this game, get over it. This is for people who should be able to run the game and cant,

Nope, read the minimum requirements - this should run on those specs. This game looks barely any better than the previous ones but runs at about half the frame rate, if that. Anyone with a system that meets the requirements is perfectly within their rights to feel annoyed at having bought what is effectively an expensive paperweight.

It runs on a seven year-old Xbox, it's not some incredibly advanced technology we're playing.

rkompatzki
12-13-2012, 04:39 AM
Nope, read the minimum requirements - this should run on those specs. This game looks barely any better than the previous ones but runs at about half the frame rate, if that. Anyone with a system that meets the requirements is perfectly within their rights to feel annoyed at having bought what is effectively an expensive paperweight.

It runs on a seven year-old Xbox, it's not some incredibly advanced technology we're playing.
I used to have a 5670 and a dual core, and AC Revelations didnt run well (45 fps, but LOWEST settings). And Im sorry but I cant agree, AC3 looks much better than the previous ones, it even uses a whole new engine. An about the consoles, they just lower the graphics a lot, and run in 720p. And with a gamepad it feels smoother. The thing is, people with cheap PCs shouldnt be complaining here about bad fps, because they make the whole process for us who have high end PCs and cant even run the game on lowest settings a lot slower. I just hope this gets fixed.

Draven_4
12-13-2012, 06:12 AM
I used to have a 5670 and a dual core, and AC Revelations didnt run well (45 fps, but LOWEST settings). And Im sorry but I cant agree, AC3 looks much better than the previous ones, it even uses a whole new engine. An about the consoles, they just lower the graphics a lot, and run in 720p. And with a gamepad it feels smoother. The thing is, people with cheap PCs shouldnt be complaining here about bad fps, because they make the whole process for us who have high end PCs and cant even run the game on lowest settings a lot slower. I just hope this gets fixed.

NOPE. It's the same engine, but heavily modified.

rkompatzki
12-13-2012, 06:28 AM
NOPE. It's the same engine, but heavily modified.

Alright, the thing is people with old PC hardware shouldnt be complaining about bad performance.

oceanstwelve
12-13-2012, 09:22 AM
before this gets out of hand (and becomes a rant thread and get closed ) . let me step in as a good configuration example :

core 2 quad 2.4 Ghz Q6600
6 gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 680

the gpu is pretty good . one of the best single gpu out there today .
processor is not that good . agreed!!
but hey...... it meets MORE than the requirements . and this configuration runs graphics intensive games like witcher 2 , battlefield 3 , far cry 3 and all other games at FULL SETTINGS . FULL maxed out!! .
ac3 has unplayable fps issuses in boston/city at LOW SETTINGS . LOW .!!! .
so are some geniuses here suggesting that people with configurations like me have to get a new processor just for ac3 ?? yes we know the game needs cpu . but it shouldnt that much .
stop showing off ur computer knowledge . ur not the only ones who got brains .
the game needs a patch . end of story.

spectatorx
12-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Any 4-core cpu of class core2quad/phenomII is able to run games smoothly, that's truth. Yes, upgrading these cpu is giving performance boost, but... is it worth of money spend on upgrade? IMO not. Better deal is to buy high-efficiency (80+certificate) psu or ssd or extending amount of ram to 8B or more and replacing the gpu.

Guys, do not comment rkompatzki's words, he is **** troll but one thing is sure, he have no idea what he is talking about :D

P.S.
The "new" engine should be called anvil extended, not anvil next, the same old crap with the same bugs as in previous games xD

Johny-Al-Knox
12-13-2012, 10:15 AM
before this gets out of hand (and becomes a rant thread and get closed ) . let me step in as a good configuration example :

core 2 quad 2.4 Ghz Q6600
6 gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 680

the gpu is pretty good . one of the best single gpu out there today .
processor is not that good . agreed!!
but hey...... it meets MORE than the requirements . and this configuration runs graphics intensive games like witcher 2 , battlefield 3 , far cry 3 and all other games at FULL SETTINGS . FULL maxed out!! .
ac3 has unplayable fps issuses in boston/city at LOW SETTINGS . LOW .!!! .
so are some geniuses here suggesting that people with configurations like me have to get a new processor just for ac3 ?? yes we know the game needs cpu . but it shouldnt that much .
stop showing off ur computer knowledge . ur not the only ones who got brains .
the game needs a patch . end of story.

At what FPS u run Bf3 in max settings?

Cause i got a GTX 680 aswell and i3570k and this game runs smooth, expect the fps drops to 50 in some areas.(boston harbor i think)

Yeah and i love how some ppl complain about ac3 not running smooth at max graphics with their old setup. Have u tried max payne 3 ON MAX? it will eat ur pc with msaa 8x...
hitman absolution also.. etc..

spectatorx
12-13-2012, 10:25 AM
MSAA in max payne 3 is bugged pos, that's why it requires additional 1GB of ram on gpu.... SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? 1GB of gpu ram only for making edges look smooth?!??!?!!? This is unbelievable....This is pathetic. But without in-game msaa game can be run with high fps on even mid-lower-end machines with full detail.

That's why i hate why these all idiots in amd, nvidia and other companies are spending too much time on creating new methods of aa, the most stupid feature i've ever seen. There are currently hundreds of aa methods and all are performance-hungry and giving what?! Smooth edges... C'mon, people, play in high resolutions, disable aa and let to these all engineers work and focus on real improving visuals in games.

hadarm18
12-13-2012, 10:32 AM
i have low fps in cities as well on medium settings

running quad core q6600 2.4 Ghz
GTX 460 1gb
4GB RAM

lorik2010
12-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I have core i5 3570k @ 4.2ghz
4gb RAM 1600mhz
ati 5870 1gb

In Boston 20-30 fps

GPU usage 50% only

LambertoKevlar
12-13-2012, 11:12 AM
moderators?3 weeks are gone,what about 1.02 patch?

spectatorx
12-13-2012, 11:15 AM
It is in beta, available to unknown number of users of steam, password protected :D

LambertoKevlar
12-13-2012, 11:19 AM
I know it,but i would appreciate some words from ubisoft about it.

abohamed
12-13-2012, 11:25 AM
it is in beta, available to unknown number of users of steam, password protected :d

can not wait ...........

toukoh
12-13-2012, 01:40 PM
how can i see that on steam, there is a "beta patch" part on the product page?

dbankier
12-13-2012, 01:51 PM
how can i see that on steam, there is a "beta patch" part on the product page?

I have the retail version so I can't test it myself, but if you right click on the game in your Steam library and select properties there should be a betas tab that will let you opt-in to receive the patch. At least that's how it's worked for other games.

orxan91
12-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Does anybody know beta' (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/195-Assassin-s-Creed-General-Discussion-(PC))s changelog ?

toukoh
12-13-2012, 03:29 PM
I have the retail version so I can't test it mysel.
Ok thanks, i'm sur you have test this "beta patch" is the FPS issues fixed?

jeerryyyyy
12-13-2012, 03:30 PM
why his got this beta patch? where i can find them?

SaltyGabriel
12-13-2012, 03:48 PM
So far, the participants have reported in Singleplayer

Convoy glitch fixed
Common man glitch fixed
Hood is back outside of Homestead in post game
----------------------------------
"Shard of Eden" message still appears
Double holster glitch not fixed
No [Reported] FPS improvements
No official changelogs on it tho, prob gonna have to wait for Ubi on that.

and I expressed the word reported, because participants have not made any comment on it, it might be, it might not be.
Also keep in mind the patch is probably still in development.

toukoh
12-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Ok thx, so :

- Bad news if development is over (No [Reported] FPS improvements, that really suck)

- maybe good news if is still in development (for FPS improvements)

w&s

SaltyGabriel
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
Ok thx, so :

- Bad news if development is over (No [Reported] FPS improvements, that really suck)

- maybe good news if is still in development (for FPS improvements)

w&s

Basically it in a nutshell, we only know for certain that the patch is probably under development, and the developers are "aware" of the fps issues.

jeerryyyyy
12-13-2012, 04:07 PM
i think they can't fix fps problem

lorik2010
12-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Im pretty convinced that AMD should be fixing fps issues not UBISOFT

toukoh
12-13-2012, 04:14 PM
and the developers are "aware" of the fps issues.

and we'r aware, ubi's game are hidden beta test and/or pirate punishment (eat this buged game pirate, HaHaHa)

nnnooooobbbb
12-13-2012, 06:00 PM
and we'r aware, ubi's game are hidden beta test and/or pirate punishment (eat this buged game pirate, HaHaHa)

1. learn to write if you plan on posting something.

2. we bought the buggy game, they downloaded a buggy game...who lost more?

toukoh
12-13-2012, 06:06 PM
i'm not english dud, sorry, i do my best (i try to be present on the french and US forum for add maximum information)

Can you try in french???? :)
and i'm totaly agree with you, when i say "pirate punishment"

We lost our money, they lost nothing, so strange choice from UBI to sell buggy game

rmartinezdl
12-13-2012, 06:27 PM
1. learn to write if you plan on posting something.

2. we bought the buggy game, they downloaded a buggy game...who lost more?

THIS, a friend of mine torrented AC3, while I pre-ordered it, I was like "You fool you wont have multiplayer", game got released, SP sucked in performance, and MP was down for like a month, now its up and full of hackers.

My friend, downloaded the game from tpb, played like 1 hour, saw pefromance sucked, (he doesnt have multiplayer anyways) so deleted the game,

in the other hand, I have the paid version, lost $50 and Im in the same position as him, I wonder if this should be a lesson?

and some devs use this beta to test DLC, just like Payday the heist did (great game by the way and just $20), knowing how ubisoft doesnt give a **** about us, its DLC related, dev team has moved into AC4

jeerryyyyy
12-13-2012, 06:40 PM
i think they close this topic too :D

hitman47222
12-13-2012, 06:54 PM
So far, the participants have reported in Singleplayer

Convoy glitch fixed
Common man glitch fixed
Hood is back outside of Homestead in post game
----------------------------------
"Shard of Eden" message still appears
Double holster glitch not fixed
No [Reported] FPS improvements
No official changelogs on it tho, prob gonna have to wait for Ubi on that.

and I expressed the word reported, because participants have not made any comment on it, it might be, it might not be.
Also keep in mind the patch is probably still in development.

Those are reports about the 1.02 Patch for the consoles.. Not PC. I know its confusing. But the thanksgiving patch was released for consoles as 1.02. So basically that report were early when it released.

abohamed
12-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Those are reports about the 1.02 Patch for the consoles.. Not PC. I know its confusing. But the thanksgiving patch was released for consoles as 1.02. So basically that report were early when it released.

i hope you are right man

Omnific
12-13-2012, 08:14 PM
I'm getting 20-25 FPS in Boston; 60+ on the ship. None of the settings make any difference. Task manager and GPU-Z confirm nothing is close to maxing out. I run near maxed heavily tex-moded Skyrim, maxed out Crysis 2 with DX11/Tessellation/High rez textures, Battefield 3 maxed out, Far Cry 3 maxed out, all at 1080P with FPS from 50-60+. This is ridiculous.

Athlon X4 640 3.0 Ghz (I know this is my bottleneck, but none of the cores are close to max)
HD 7870 OC
12 GBs DDR3
Windows 7 x64

I've tried all the suggestions, and am on 12.11 beta 11 drivers.

rkompatzki
12-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Any 4-core cpu of class core2quad/phenomII is able to run games smoothly, that's truth. Yes, upgrading these cpu is giving performance boost, but... is it worth of money spend on upgrade? IMO not. Better deal is to buy high-efficiency (80+certificate) psu or ssd or extending amount of ram to 8B or more and replacing the gpu.

Guys, do not comment rkompatzki's words, he is **** troll but one thing is sure, he have no idea what he is talking about :D

P.S.
The "new" engine should be called anvil extended, not anvil next, the same old crap with the same bugs as in previous games xD
Excuse me? you think that CPU bottleneck doesnt exist? And you say that changing the power supply is better than getting a better CPU? YOU crearly dont know what youre talking about. I said theres people with dual cores here complaining about bad fps, never said anything about quad cores. The game is crearly CPU intensive, (actually, im not even sure cause its not optmized to use more than one core), but the thing is, the better the CPU, the better performance people are getting here, shut up and do your research before insulting. Oh yeah, and go buy a power supply to get better performance with your games ;)

spectatorx
12-13-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm not going to continue discussion with you because obviously you do not have proper knowledge about pc, building pcs and optimizing them. I can say only that putting together latest top hardware is not always good, you have to know what you can put together and what not.

If anyone has a patch v1.02 installed so also has redme file with changelog for this patch. Readme file is in game folder/support. If we have in here anybody with this patch please, post this changelog from readme file.

Kam9123
12-13-2012, 10:45 PM
LOL Dude really? Putting something like HD 7970 with core 2 duo 2.5ghz CPU will give you only half of the performance. PSU doesnt change anything. Most of the games don't even use 4gb of ram... and you are talking about 8GB. Did you ever played any game?

hitman47222
12-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Excuse me? you think that CPU bottleneck doesnt exist? And you say that changing the power supply is better than getting a better CPU? YOU crearly dont know what youre talking about. I said theres people with dual cores here complaining about bad fps, never said anything about quad cores. The game is crearly CPU intensive, (actually, im not even sure cause its not optmized to use more than one core), but the thing is, the better the CPU, the better performance people are getting here, shut up and do your research before insulting. Oh yeah, and go buy a power supply to get better performance with your games ;)

Not to jump into your argument. But just a clarification.. Not everyone with a better CPU is having better performance. Both me and mr.shade have 6850. He has a q8300 and i have FX-6100. My CPU is better in pretty much every aspect yet i am getting 22 FPS and he is getting smooth gameplay.

rkompatzki
12-14-2012, 12:25 AM
LOL Dude really? Putting something like HD 7970 with core 2 duo 2.5ghz CPU will give you only half of the performance. PSU doesnt change anything. Most of the games don't even use 4gb of ram... and you are talking about 8GB. Did you ever played any game?

Thats exactly my point, and this guy says hes the one with "proper knowledge about PCs" and everything.

Legendary_006
12-14-2012, 02:09 AM
I just tried this game with a brand new XFX HD 7970 Ghz Edition, guess what fps i get in boston?? :D 25 fps... 25 fps... I went from a HD 5870 that gave me 25 fps, and i get 25 fps with an HD 7970. I have an i7 processor, 8 gb ram, ssd and can BF3 on ultra easily, but with AC3 i get 25 fps no matter the graphical setting.

And oh... The same applies to Far Cry 3, extreme stuttering. Wtf Ubisoft??? I did not have any issue with AC2, revelation and Far Cry 2, but now suddenly all of your recent games are so badly optimized so its just sad. Will never, ever buy a Ubisoft game again!

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 03:22 AM
@Kam9123, that's what i'm talking about, proper building pc is not to put dual core cpu with top gpu. If someone is doing so it is obvious that this person have no idea about hardware and building pcs. Go to my faq and you will get know everything what you need to continue discussion and if you after reading it will be still insulting me it will mean you have some problems with reading with understanding.

oceanstwelve
12-14-2012, 04:04 AM
At what FPS u run Bf3 in max settings?

Cause i got a GTX 680 aswell and i3570k and this game runs smooth, expect the fps drops to 50 in some areas.(boston harbor i think)

Yeah and i love how some ppl complain about ac3 not running smooth at max graphics with their old setup. Have u tried max payne 3 ON MAX? it will eat ur pc with msaa 8x...
hitman absolution also.. etc..

yea ur processor is better than mine . again thats not a reason that the game shouldnt run for me . my processor is decent enuf too.

i dont remember bf3's fps . but it was well above 45-50+++ . at max . resolution 2048x1152.
ac3 is 15-20 . not even at max . medium/low as well. the fps drops as soon as u see a huge area in front of u ( like boston ) . in naval areas . or if u look immediatley down at ground . fps becomes smooth again .

max payne 3 also worked on max as well . like another guy said . msaa is bugged with gtx 680 . but with fxaa .i got 45-50+ fps in that as well .
hitman absolution 40+ fps . max settings.

ac3 needs a patch!!!!!!!!!!!

LambertoKevlar
12-14-2012, 11:39 AM
we need news!!!!!where's the patch?????

badroz
12-14-2012, 01:07 PM
X360 sold around 3.5 millions copies in Oct 2012
PS3 sold around 3.0 millions copies in Oct 2012
PC sold around 71.000 copies in Nov 2012 + 929.000 downloads by Torrent :cool:

& yet u still hoping for a PC patch :D

toukoh
12-14-2012, 01:14 PM
so they still us?
they are pirate too....

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 01:14 PM
You are right, pc gamers bought too many copies of this alpha version of a game.

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Guys there is a lot of bickering in this thread again...

those of you who have tried the suggested fixes, such as dropping world detail and using the latest drivers and even if you drop details to low etc, you are still seeing less than 20fps on supported hardware, you should contact support.

those with less than the latest multicore CPU and GPUs should follow those suggestions, you may have to drop settings and / or lower screen resolution since the game is very demanding - its a updated engine /different - comparing it to other games, maybe misleading if you are comparing it to different game engines, such as BF3.

The current issues with SLI / Crossfire support, which need to be fixed by the graphic cards driver providers, won't be helping either - so make sure to disable that if you have it.

I am also going to point out that the discussion of illegal activities such as pirating software, which has been discussed can also result in threads being locked and people suspended, so lets keep it out of this forum.

Improvizor
12-14-2012, 01:23 PM

Digital PC sales aren't included in those numbers. They are never included in any numbers.

those of you who have tried the suggested fixes, and even if you drop details to low etc, you are still seeing less than 20fps on supported hardware, you should contact support.

those with less than the latest multicore CPU and GPUs should follow those suggestions, since the game is very demanding - and considering its a updated engine /different - comparing it to other games, maybe misleading.
We already know where the problem is. The game isn't that demanding, it's just not using the CPU properly. It's using only up to 40% of the GPU if we're lucky. And when it's using 40% I see about 25fps. Usually it's using 20-30%. Something is creating this huge bottleneck. If it wasn't for that the game would run like a charm.

LambertoKevlar
12-14-2012, 01:26 PM

those of you who have tried the suggested fixes, such as dropping world detail and using the latest drivers and even if you drop details to low etc, you are still seeing less than 20fps on supported hardware, you should contact support.

those with less than the latest multicore CPU and GPUs should follow those suggestions, since the game is very demanding - and considering its a updated engine /different - comparing it to other games, maybe misleading if you are comparing it to different game engines, such as BF3.

I am also goi to point out that the discussion of illegal activities such as pirating software, which has been discussed can also result in threads being locked and people suspended, so lets keep it out of this forum.
it's not demanding,it's broken,end of discussion.

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 01:30 PM
it's not demanding,it's broken,end of discussion.
Good job I'm not entering into a debate with you, since you don't wish to listen - I have posted what is the current advice for the situation.

Some have zero issues with the game, running at 30+ fps which if what you say is correct, shouldn't be possible.

Some do, so the advice is there for them to try, failing that - contact support.

www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

LambertoKevlar
12-14-2012, 01:43 PM
gtx 680 and i72600k 3,8 ghz,if i look to left i have 60fps if i look to right i make 26 fps and you have the courage to tell me it's not broken?
If a game don't works well with almost the 50% of pc i s broken and it's a fact.
Are you tryng to tell me a 101 pages topic has born(and then closed) for nothing?

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Soon we will could read in here that we are facing this problem because we are using pirated versions of game :D What obviously is not true ;-) For sure in my case of what hard evidence i showed right after my package came to me and started to investigate the problem in my "lab".

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Soon we will could read in here that we are facing this problem because we are using pirated versions of game :D What obviously is not true ;-) For sure in my case of what hard evidence i showed right after my package came to me and started to investigate the problem in my "lab".
No one is suggesting that, so stop trying to inflame the situation please....

strange that some people have 50 FPS and don't have the same issues, if its a global game problem everyone should be affected, which they are not, so some combination of settings, resolution, hardware and drivers maybe to blame.

or it maybe something that is highlighted by that combination which the devs can fix - HOWEVER posting rants and moans does not help anyone.

Some maybe using unsuitable settings for the game, such as high resolution + max world detail + 8xAA on a cpu /gpu which can not handle it (as I already said, you can't judge the game by the performance of other titles) - so the simple things need checking, to try and trouble shoot, people need to try the official suggestions and try other settings etc.

if they do not work, get back in touch with support.

hitman47222
12-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Guys stop flaming on the mods. Their job is to keep the forums clean and relay information either from or to the developers. They cannot really fix the game.

The ones u guys should be really flaming are the developers which have not said anything or the Ubisoft support which does not even reply to me lol

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm not inflaming situation, i'm trying to predict all possible variants of future events about the game ;-)

Exactly, that's weird, 'cos as i said it many times, issue is hardware independent and occurs at various hardware configurations, even these top ones but the same goes to inpresence of this problem, this problem doesn't exist at the same variety of hardware/software configurations.

For this moment the only thing what we as gamers can do is to wait with A LOTS OF PATIENCE for patch addressing this optimization bug and by ourselves to try to fix it with advices posted in ubisoft help and my faq (link in my signature) as well. Contacting support to provide to the team another configurations vulnerable to this problem is also welcome, but...

The hell... Shade, so far users posted dozens of dozens of configurations directly to support and in my (in)famous thread as well, do really the team need more information? I think they have more than enough of it to solve problem.

dikkemuu
12-14-2012, 02:22 PM

those with less than the latest multicore CPU and GPUs should follow those suggestions, you may have to drop settings and / or lower screen resolution since the game is very demanding - its a updated engine /different - comparing it to other games, maybe misleading if you are comparing it to different game engines, such as BF3.

The current issues with SLI / Crossfire support, which need to be fixed by the graphic cards driver providers, won't be helping either - so make sure to disable that if you have it.

I am also going to point out that the discussion of illegal activities such as pirating software, which has been discussed can also result in threads being locked and people suspended, so lets keep it out of this forum.

I'm geting 18 FPS with Crossfire enabled and 25 - 30 FPS with Crossfire disabled.

I have a Intel Core i7 2600k and a AMD HD 6990.

My system clearly exceeds the recommended specs and I should be able to play this game maxed out.

AMD is currently working on a new driver and CAP profiles that will improve performance for ACIII.

Contacting support is a waste of time as they just send default responses.

LambertoKevlar
12-14-2012, 02:31 PM

strange that some people have 50 FPS and don't have the same issues, if its a global game problem everyone should be affected, which they are not, so some combination of settings, resolution, hardware and drivers maybe to blame.

or it maybe something that is highlighted by that combination which the devs can fix - HOWEVER posting rants and moans does not help anyone.

Some maybe using unsuitable settings for the game, such as high resolution + max world detail + 8xAA on a cpu /gpu which can not handle it (as I already said, you can't judge the game by the performance of other titles) - so the simple things need checking, to try and trouble shoot, people need to try the official suggestions and try other settings etc.

I posted my configuration,do you really think i can't run this game?
I understand you are paid to say this thing and i don't blame you fot this,it's your work but...if you buy something that don't work you stay in a corner in silence o ask for explaination and eventually a refound?And if the producer say you not to complain?
Now it's a issue and it's a fact and i'm tired to complain about it but i pretend daily news about a patch,a little hope that a day this thing i paid can work well.It's so strange?

hitman47222
12-14-2012, 02:32 PM
AMD is currently working on a new driver and CAP profiles that will improve performance for ACIII..

Where did you get that information from?

dikkemuu
12-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Where did you get that information from?

I've been in contact with AMD Global Customer Care.

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 02:40 PM
As I already posted - AMD / nvidia are working on driver updates / SLI / Crossfire problems, which will hopefully help the FPS issues for some.

Support need to be made aware, that if you have tried lowering details and using the new beta drivers, that there is no improvement etc.

World detail has an impact should you be hitting issues due to CPU - AA settings help the GPU - so people should try lowering those.

The game recommended specs are there for guidance - they do not state you can run every setting maxed and what resolution they tested at, however some may find they are able to max out at 1080 - also worth remembering if people are trying to play at higher than 1920x1080 - then that may also impact performance greatly depending on your hardware.

so it's a case of trying different things, and making sure you update support with the results.

These forums are not a replacement for contacting support, which many seem to think it is, while we are able to pass on reports from here, people do need to be in contact with support to back up what we are telling the Dev team.

As you may see, the forums are not a ideal place to post, since people do miss out vital information, and many simply post basic statements about low FPS - which I'm sorry to say, do not help anyone.

Support are able to analyse your dxdiag and hardware in much more detail than we can from a simple "game sux - fix it" post.

i know it can be frustrating if support can't offer you an instant fix, but your tickets do help by having information to pass on.

BzkGB
12-14-2012, 02:42 PM

Plenty of configurations posted here. Hundreds of configurations posted in the larger topic that you guys decided to lock (censorship much?). Probably thousands of configurations sent to support. Yet still Ubisoft say and do nothing. Nice automated responses btw, really helpful. This is really taking the p***.

I didn't think it was possible for a support team to be worse than EA, but I've truly been proved wrong.

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Mr Shade do you know anything about 1.02 BETA patch that is showed in Steam properties/beta tab?

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Mr Shade do you know anything about 1.02 BETA patch that is showed in Steam properties/beta tab?
Any official posts about updates / patches will come from the Dev team.

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Shade, usually point of official forums is to be form of contact gamers with developers, people from company close to them... just form of contact with people in company able to do something with games.

If this forum is not this so what it is? Is posting here same reasonable as posting at techpowerup, guru3d, ngohq, hardoc... etc forums? If yes so i think ubisoft should to close this forum, this way it everything will have more sense.

For example, trine, created by frozenbyte, this one has impressive support and developers from this studio are involved in their forums (ok, their own forum is down since some time, i agree xD ) and steam forum of their games. They are active in there, discussing with gamers and are not threating them like an air.

Currently i'm thinking what to buy soon: trine 2 collector's edition for all pc platforms (mac, windows, linux, drm-free, desura, steam... and more in one package!!!!) or season pass for ac3 which IMO all gamers who pre-ordered any collector's editions of ac3 should get for free.

ROFLBOT
12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
As I already posted - AMD / nvidia are working on driver updates / SLI / Crossfire problems, which will hopefully help the FPS issues for some.

Support need to be made aware, that if you have tried lowering details and using the new beta drivers, that there is no improvement etc.

World detail has an impact should you be hitting issues due to CPU - AA settings help the GPU - so people should try lowering those.

The game recommended specs are there for guidance - they do not state you can run every setting maxed and what resolution they tested at, however some may find they are able to max out at 1080 - also worth remembering if people are trying to play at higher than 1920x1080 - then that may also impact performance greatly depending on your hardware.

so it's a case of trying different things, and making sure you update support with the results.

These forums are not a replacement for contacting support, which many seem to think it is, while we are able to pass on reports from here, people do need to be in contact with support to back up what we are telling the Dev team.

As you may see, the forums are not a ideal place to post, since people do miss out vital information, and many simply post basic statements about low FPS - which I'm sorry to say, do not help anyone.

Support are able to analyse your dxdiag and hardware in much more detail than we can from a simple "game sux - fix it" post.

i know it can be frustrating if support can't offer you an instant fix, but your tickets do help by having information to pass on.
Well that explains a lot. Especially when I sent out an English written ticket to the Ticket Center and received a reply back in German! I'm not a German nor I live close to them and I have not a single clue why would support do it. But in the end, as I used a translator to translate the message, it didn't help me at all...

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Shade, usually point of official forums is to be form of contact gamers with developers, people from company close to them... just form of contact with people in company able to do something with games.

If this forum is not this so what it is? Is posting here same reasonable as posting at techpowerup, guru3d, ngohq, hardoc... etc forums? If yes so i think ubisoft should to close this forum, this way it everything will have more sense.

For example, trine, created by frozenbyte, this one has impressive support and developers from this studio are involved in their forums (ok, their own forum is down since some time, i agree xD ) and steam forum of their games. They are active in there, discussing with gamers and are not threating them like an air.

Currently i'm thinking what to buy soon: trine 2 collector's edition for all pc platforms (mac, windows, linux, drm-free, desura, steam... and more in one package!!!!) or season pass which IMO all gamers who pre-ordered all collector's edition of ac3 should get for free.

Yes the official forum is here for point of contact to the game team and discussion, as seen by the Community Developers posting and interacting with the community - if you check the general forums and MP forums they active and you will see posts from them.

Your general comments, suggestions and feedback are read by the team, however they do not comment on support issues, unless they are able to or offer direct suggestions / fixes - I have posted the fixes that the game support team have suggested as things to try, which many are quick to ignore or rant about - since it's quicker/ easier for the FMs to do it than a member of support staff.

Your concerns about frame rates are sent to the team, so they are aware of people's problems, but you still need to be using support - which will show the amount of people affected and the range of hardware.

The support forums on this site are community driven ones, as the title suggests, where people can help by sharing fixes etc to basic issues, should they wish too, support staff do post from time to time, however they suggest to always contact them via the support site for major problems.

for major technical issues - Ubisoft support should always be used and contacted directly via www.support.ubi.com (http://www.support.ubi.com)

many people when filing support tickets do forget to send basic information, such as resolution etc so please make sure those tickets contain as much detail as possible, since it will help the team.

if they can't suggest an instant fix, you tickets still help greatly.

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Any official posts about updates / patches will come from the Dev team.

I take it as a " YES, but I cannot speak " :P

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 03:15 PM
I take it as a " YES, but I cannot speak " :P
It's what I posted as, since I would hate for you to be disappointed,

BzkGB
12-14-2012, 03:20 PM
It's what I posted as, since I would hate for you to be disappointed,

We've had nothing but disappointment - no need to start worrying now.

Elaeus1990
12-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Ah ah Trine 2, a real slap in the face as this game is CHEAP (got it for 20€ in a shop), their collector's edition is truly COMPLETE, the game is GREAT and it WORKS! This is the kind of game that we should see more often and it's totally the contrary of AC3.

LOL official forums SHOULD be in direct contact with UBISOFT team, what's the point of creating it in the first place? they created the game, they should take the responsability for those problems. It's clearly not what we're feeling as absolutely nothing is said : you can't say if a fix is released or if they are even working on it, you can't say if a patch will be released. It's like a deaf conversation.
If we don't complain, nothing will be done about it, so what? should we just bend the knee? it's already been a month now, my god we put money in this crap

Tickets are sent but those default answers 2 weeks later doesn't help much to think they really care about it now do they?

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 03:23 PM
So if they can post in other (i'm taking this expression as console) forums so what is the problem to them to bring their lazy.... in here? They do not have to be afraid of us, we will not bite them. Or maybe we should to post our pc problems with game in console parts of forums to make them to answer to us?

And please, answer me, what should i choose to buy? :D Ha ha ha ha ha :D

Anykeyer
12-14-2012, 03:27 PM

Even vgcrarts (they always list lower PC sales numbers) lists 10 times more.

But I dont think any patch can noticably raise fps w/o anlso noticably lowering its quality. Its just how this game were designed. The main fps eater is a lot of NPCs and their bahaviour AI.
What they really can/should do is to list realistic minimum requiremens and provide a free copy of another recently released game for those with unplayable fps (i dont have any personal interest here, this low fps stuff does not affect me)

BzkGB
12-14-2012, 03:28 PM

I can't believe you're even asking that question; Trine 2 all the way. Why the hell would you even consider purchasing the season pass after everything you've been through with the base game?

LambertoKevlar
12-14-2012, 03:32 PM
No disappointment this time,you have answered all the questions.
what i want you to understand it's that your answers and your presence here can stop complains,all i want to know it's this forum is a no man's land where i tal and no-one listens.
I hope the dev. can give us some news soon.

Anykeyer
12-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Speaking of sales. You know why blizzard managed to sell 10m of Diablo 3 on PC? They deliver what they promise, their online services actually work, they dont milk franchise with annual releases, they fix even minor bugs fast, they communicate on forum, a lot. Each day numerous "blue posts", not only announcements, but actual answers. Here we have 2 community devs (the same number as D3 btw) mostly posting announcements and ignoring almost everything else.

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Anyway, can someone provide link to any thread where any ac series dev involved in discussion with gamers? :D

Elaeus1990
12-14-2012, 04:02 PM

ah ah this comes without thinking : Trine 2 (Artbook + Game Trine 1 + OST of Trine 2 which i think btw has many more musics than in AC3, you got absolutely no background music everywhere if you're not in mission). I got it for 20 when released, i assume you can find it for a cheaper price by now :D

Anyway, the real current problem is this ignorance by the Dev Team, they keep giving news about what they can SALE, but no concern at all for the problems that are present since the release of the game.
We could keep on giving our specs but these have already been sent on many posts and tickets with no answer and we're being shut down, how do you expect us to still be respectful toward them? How are we supposed to actualize our tickets? There's nothing more to say, half the community have the problem, it's a game problem not computer one. If a game is so demanding that nobody can play it properly, you should NOT release it!

shop105A4BE29
12-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Hey Ubisoft, please answer us!

When will you release a patch to make crossfire works??

Are you working on it??

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Hey Ubisoft, please answer us!

When will you release a patch to make crossfire works??

Are you working on it??
AMD are working with Ubisoft to release a CAP / crossfire update soon, please watch the AMD driver update site for details - the fix will be driver based.

jeerryyyyy
12-14-2012, 04:43 PM
when coming out new amd drivers or profile for good fps in ac3?

hitman47222
12-14-2012, 04:53 PM
AMD are working with Ubisoft to release a CAP / crossfire update soon, please watch the AMD driver update site for details - the fix will be driver based.

Even tho i use a single 6850 and any CAP updates would be useless to me. It's still nice to see AMD and ubisoft finally working together on trying to fix this.

Also , You have always tried to keep us updated and tried to help as much you can.. And while you do receive many negative replies due to fixes not working. i thought i would just thank you for your effort :D

Mr_Shade
12-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Even tho i use a single 6850 and any CAP updates would be useless to me. It's still nice to see AMD and ubisoft finally working together on trying to fix this.

Also , You have always tried to keep us updated and tried to help as much you can.. And while you do receive many negative replies due to fixes not working. i thought i would just thank you for your effort :DGraphic card drivers will also contain optimisations for single cards, I would expect, since AMD / Nvidia are always issuing them.

And you're welcome.

hitman47222
12-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Graphic card drivers will also contain optimisations for single cards, I would expect, since AMD / Nvidia are always issuing them.

And you're welcome.

Okay then maybe there is hope for me too. I will keep checking AMD's site for the rest of the week.

jeerryyyyy
12-14-2012, 05:17 PM
so when the release the new amd catalyst 12.11 or CAP for AC3?

hitman47222
12-14-2012, 05:28 PM
so when the release the new amd catalyst 12.11 or CAP for AC3?

Relax. Mr Shade said "soon" only like 40 minutes ago. So i would say a couple of days probably. Could be a week.

toukoh
12-14-2012, 05:33 PM
i'm so tired by this situation!
pay and wait...... ok, evething normal

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 05:33 PM
It is december 14 now, imo amd should release new drivers before xmas so this week we will get these drivers but i wouldn't expect much from this driver update, especially if this whole fps issue has nothing to do with drivers, it is caused by unoptimized game engine.

jeerryyyyy
12-14-2012, 05:36 PM
soon? hahaha so we wait 3 month

hitman47222
12-14-2012, 05:37 PM
It is december 14 now, imo amd should release new drivers before xmas so this week we will get these drivers but i wouldn't expect much from this driver update, especially if this whole fps issue has nothing to do with drivers, it is caused by unoptimized game engine.

Don't be so sure. Nvidia's drivers did give FPS boost to some Nvidia users.

dikkemuu
12-14-2012, 05:41 PM

Also , You have always tried to keep us updated and tried to help as much you can.. And while you do receive many negative replies due to fixes not working. i thought i would just thank you for your effort :D

CAP profiles also include optimizations for single cards.

Elaeus1990
12-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Wow 1 positive reply... Finally, many thanks! Seems like moderators are more concerned about giving informations than Dev Team even at our point.
Well i guess we should wait a bit more and see for ourselves but i wouldn't be too optimistic before something really works.

rkompatzki
12-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Mr Shade, I know youre doing everything you can and I thank you for your attention, but how can you say the game isnt broken? People with the lastest hardware (GTX 680s, i7s, etc) are getting the same 20 or less fps that people with old PCs have. Its clearly a software related issue, its simple, the game isnt OPTIMIZED. I know youre doing everything you can, and this is not your fault, but please dont say we cant run the game cause our hardware cant handle it, Ubisoft should release a patch and thats it.

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 06:52 PM
going offtopic: now the main problem is the missing music from cutscenes and single-players missions , after DLC installation

toukoh
12-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Mr Shade work for UBI
Ubi stay quiet about this mess and they won't communicate about this poor optimisation (about this poor game?)
so i don't see why Mr Shade will say "Yes, this is true, game is broken with poor optimisation (for High-end PC and new AMD cards)"

I think UBI burn, kill, cut (as Raiden) and maybe dismiss Community manager who agree with us...

(sorry for my bad english)

Anykeyer
12-14-2012, 07:17 PM

Ok, Since AN is up again I can estimate actual PC sales based on consoles numbers. I will just assume that an average player plays about the same time. SP/MP for Xbox/PS is up for 6 weeks and 3 weeks for PC. MP for PC is up for 2 weeks (was down for 1 week).
SP played for: on Xbox/PS - 4600 years, PC - 680 (so it should be 1360 if multiplayed by 2 (6/3 weeks). 1360/4600 = 0.3. 3 million * 0.3 = 0.9. 0.9 million copies sold on PC.
MP = Xbox/PS - avarage at 300 years, PC - 32. 32 * 3 (6/2 weeks) = 96. 96/300 = 0.32, and 3 * 0.32 is the same 0.9m copies.
You dont have to be a genious to tell that its more than 71k

So, we, "filthy pirates", deserve our platform-specific bugs to be fixed.

BzkGB
12-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Mr Shade work for UBI
Ubi stay quiet about this mess and they won't communicate about this poor optimisation (about this poor game?)
so i don't see why Mr Shade will say "Yes, this is true, game is broken with poor optimisation (for High-end PC and new AMD cards)"

I think UBI burn, kill, cut (as Riden) and maybe dismiss Community manager who agree with us...

Maybe a little extreme - but this guy does have a point.

The moderators will never admit that the game is broken. Instead, they'll continue to put the blame on AMD/Nvidia rather than patch the game themselves - and all of you gullible posters who accept Ubisoft's lies about drivers being the real problem are just not helping the issue. You're sending your blame the wrong way.

toukoh
12-14-2012, 07:28 PM
yes, but i'm desperate nobody really listen our problem (bla bla bla devs........aware........bla bla bla)
this is the perfect reflect (i don't know if i can see "perfect reflect" in english, but you see what i meen) of the actual society the actual financial system and the actual major's mind : Buy our sh** and cry

LambertoKevlar
12-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Tried Crysis max settings two minutes ago,60 frame rock solid but for ubisoft i should low Assassin's creed 3 settings...

toukoh
12-14-2012, 07:57 PM
yes, your right

looks like a jocke, but no, this is real......

jeerryyyyy
12-14-2012, 08:12 PM
so when the new CAP or catalyst for amd?

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Tried Crysis max settings two minutes ago,60 frame rock solid but for ubisoft i should low Assassin's creed 3 settings...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!! Just sweet! Wonderful! :D

Elaeus1990
12-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Ah ah after GOTY it's time now for gamespot's best game of the year...... you gotta be kidding me.
AC2 is wayyyyy better than this game : GRAPHICS DOES NOT MAKE A GAME!!
You are not even able to make it run properly and you think you are allowed to win this? Even if it happens i won't buy it, AC3 should be nominated in SOTY : **** of the Year!

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Few minutes ago i've installed and run crysis, the first one, and i can confirm, it runs better than assassin's creed 3 in Boston :D
In crysis all the time over 40fps all the time, assassin's creed 3 Boston under 25fps :D

Settings:
1920x1080
no aa
Crysis: ultra detail
AC3: highest detail available.

iNvid22
12-14-2012, 09:57 PM
they've relegated the pc development of this franchise to ubisoft kiev who dont have the best reputation - future solider was abysmal and ac3 has a plethora of pc specific performance issues too

far cry 3 is already patched to 1.03 with some pc specific performance fixes while ac3 still hasnt had its major fps issue even acknowledged

LambertoKevlar
12-14-2012, 10:36 PM
It's a bad Joke

ROFLBOT
12-14-2012, 10:39 PM
Crysis 2 with Extreme settings on DX11 - 30-35fps with my already outdated PC. Somewhere it could even reach up to 45fps. But Assassin's Creed 3? Hell... stays below 20 in Boston. Clearly it's the driver's fault *sarcasm intended*.

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 11:20 PM
From Steam forums, about "missing music issue" (and perhaps fps too), posted by a user who received this answer from ubisoft:

""Hello ,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have forwarded this issue to the dev teams and the problem is currently under investigation. This issue is being addressed in the next update. If any changes are made to this issue, details will be posted directly to the support section of our website as well as the official Assassin's Creed 3 message boards at http://forums.ubi.com. Please keep an eye on these two locations for all updated information as it becomes available. There is another patch in the works and it will most likely arrive before Christmas."

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 11:35 PM
Ok, so now i do not get it. Any thread about this issue at OFFICIAL forum didn't get this kind of answer but at steam, here we go.... WTF IS WRONG IN HERE?!??!?!

Official ubisoft pc forum is doomed and nobody even should bother with posting here.... omg...

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 11:38 PM
or maybe that info's a fake... I've just reported what he said, don't know about the authenticity...

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Bring the link please ;-)

hitman47222
12-14-2012, 11:42 PM
I am hoping this can be fixed before 21st of december. Wether with a driver update or patch.

I would hate to play this game after 21st :(

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 11:43 PM
You'll be unable to play the game after end of the world :D

Boemundus
12-14-2012, 11:49 PM
link to steam forums:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/208480/discussions/0/828925216449812148/#c828925216471341743

spectatorx
12-14-2012, 11:56 PM
Ok, so someone posted answer to his ticket, still it is good ;-)

But (un)fortunately that wasn't ubisoft employee answering at steam forum ;-) You described it this way i thought some developer answered directly at steam forum xD

eburkman
12-15-2012, 03:44 AM

Mr. Shade,
With all due respect, I think most of us have tried different settings for the game and still get the same FPS results. I myself have tried all settings at normal (which should be console quality) and screen resolution at 720p and still get major FPS drop in boston. My setup is intel core 2 quad Q9450 2.66ghz 8gb ram and evga gtx 560 2gb. I disabled SLI but I do not see any difference. Are you saying that a 7 year old console can run this game better than my pc? I have filled out a ticket and sent all viable information to support 2 weeks ago. I think we have earned the right to be frustrated that we have not heard anything from the devs.

toukoh
12-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Morning in France, 9 clock
Like everyday : Check AMD "support and drivers" pages.....: Nothing
Type "Assassin's creed 3 patch" in Google...... : always the same results : bla bla thanksgiving patch bla bla bla >_<
Check any news on UBI forum (.fr & .com) always the same mess, nothing happens (People crying, Mr Shade and UBI are aware of our issues.....and?)

Have a nice day ...... (whithout AC3 of course)

UBI WAKE UP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! i'm sur lot of people never buy your games anymore, this is you best shot UBI (like Ocean 11)

spectatorx
12-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Season pass is going to be last thing which MAYBE i will buy from ubi but even this i'm not sure if i will buy. Some time ago i gave to ubisoft final warning but it seems they didn't hear it. So here is the link to this:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/719037-Machinima-AC3-Multiplayer-competition-livstream
You can read it again. For this moment i can say i will not buy any more game from ubisoft. I wanted to buy heroes 6 because it is really good, amazing game. My nephew also likes the heroes 6 and i wanted to buy for him his own copy for xmas too but i will not, i refuse to buy any another game from ubisoft. Ubisoft is freakin' deaf to community. All evidence is showing this and these evidence is lack of serious answers ("devs are aware of problem" is not an answer), lack of announcements about incoming patches, keeping in secret potential fixes is not what gamers need. Gamers need:
1. information about what devs are doing, if they are doing anything
2. what is going to be in future patches (maybe i will repeat myself but ffs, at heroes 6 forums with most patches there were this kind announcements)
3. we do not need devs to be aware of problems, we need devs to be working on fixing problems
4. communication with people in ubisoft who really can do something, not with moderators who are sacrificial lambs pushed in here to try to keep community calm

Ubisoft, change yourself or just do not release pc games anymore, please, do not do this.

LambertoKevlar
12-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Useless speech man,i lost every hope in these people,they stoled my 60 $ this time,lesson learned for the next time

spectatorx
12-15-2012, 11:51 AM
I know, i just needed to express it :D

hitman47222
12-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Not buying any ubisoft game is not fair at all. Not all their games are as badly optimizted as this. Look at Far Cry 3. Runs near perfect on ultra with A LOT of graphical settings to change.. you can even change the draw distance. So just next time dont pre order ubisoft games. Wait for them to release. then check how the community reacts. Ubisoft has the best singleplayer games anwyayz.

toukoh
12-15-2012, 01:49 PM
be sur, AC3 is the last one for me.

Tzatrix
12-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Mr. Shade...you're saying to contact support, but the support isn't talking to me! I've sent them the DXDiag, the San-Tool result! And no answer! Even non of those scripted messages! I've sent a message in the same ticket like "hey! Anyone here?" The support is ignoring me totally!

BzkGB
12-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Not buying any ubisoft game is not fair at all. Not all their games are as badly optimizted as this. Look at Far Cry 3. Runs near perfect on ultra with A LOT of graphical settings to change.. you can even change the draw distance. So just next time dont pre order ubisoft games. Wait for them to release. then check how the community reacts. Ubisoft has the best singleplayer games anwyayz.

I think it's fair. Some of their games being fairly well optimised is all well and good, but when something does go wrong the company itself appears to have absolutely no respect for the customers - evident by the current predicament with both devs and support. I had FC3 on pre-order too but cancelled it a few days after receiving AC3.

I can't blame you, spectatorx.

Elaeus1990
12-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Season pass is going to be last thing which MAYBE i will buy from ubi but even this i'm not sure if i will buy. Some time ago i gave to ubisoft final warning but it seems they didn't hear it.

Wow Huge mistake, anyway it's your money so i won't tell you how to use it but i have the freedom edition and let me tell you, Cerratos is really not worth the price, i expected more from this! and the weapon... well that's not what i would call something worth buying.
But you're right, even if Far Cry 3 works perfectly, it's no reason to sell beta games, i totally agree with you. What if Far Cry 3 was as badly optimized as AC3? Would we create a 100 pages topic again with no answer? and ticket with stupid advices from the Devs? I think it's rethorical and this is not acceptable.
You wanna fight cracked game? Too bad, you just pushed half of your last pc community into it for your company, deal with it.
I guess Achilles is right when you make a good move on his game, to both sides : "lesson learned"

hitman47222
12-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I think it's fair. Some of their games being fairly well optimised is all well and good, but when something does go wrong the company itself appears to have absolutely no respect for the customers - evident by the current predicament with both devs and support. I had FC3 on pre-order too but cancelled it a few days after receiving AC3.

I can't blame you, spectatorx.

Well , All huge companies had at least once released a game that performed horribly on release.

Activision messed up the first black ops
Rockstar messed up GTA IV
id software messed up RAGE
EA messed up FIFA 11

And many more.. However most of these games were fixed sooner or later... Wether it was weeks or months. If you just gonna go ahead and boycott a whole company for 1 badly optimized game then you gonna miss out on alot of games.. Since you should boycott the companies above as well. And while ubisoft may have done a bad job about communicating with us about this problem.. Lately the mod said there will be a cap or a driver update soon.. and there has been rumors about a new patch from steam.

In my case. I would wait about 2 months after release. If the game is still not fixed .. Then i will stop buying completely from THE SPECIFIC DEVELOPER not the publisher. Which in this case would mean will mean i will stop buying games from ubisoft kiev's but not from all of ubisoft.

If after 2 months the game was fixed ( Which will prolly happen ) Then i will just never pre order from THE SPECIFIC DEVELOPER again and wait for the community reaction towards it then buy it.

Anywayz. This is just my own opinion. You are free to do whatever you see fit.

LambertoKevlar
12-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Two months?Are you kidding me?

al-Assas
12-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I would wait about 2 months after release.

This.

toukoh
man

they have my money
i can't play

thaht's all

Maybe we could be patient, but they have to give answers, they stay quiet, and that is not acceptable

(sorry for my poor english)

abohamed
Well , All huge companies had at least once released a game that performed horribly on release.

EA messed up FIFA 11

And many more.. However most of these games were fixed sooner or later... Wether it was weeks or months. If you just gonna go ahead and boycott a whole company for 1 badly optimized game then you gonna miss out on alot of games.. Since you should boycott the companies above as well. And while ubisoft may have done a bad job about communicating with us about this problem.. Lately the mod said there will be a cap or a driver update soon.. and there has been rumors about a new patch from steam.

In my case. I would wait about 2 months after release. If the game is still not fixed .. Then i will stop buying completely from THE SPECIFIC DEVELOPER not the publisher. Which in this case would mean will mean i will stop buying games from ubisoft kiev's but not from all of ubisoft.

If after 2 months the game was fixed ( Which will prolly happen ) Then i will just never pre order from THE SPECIFIC DEVELOPER again and wait for the community reaction towards it then buy it.

iam totally agree with you sir

toukoh
12-15-2012, 03:30 PM
why are you so nice with them?

THEY DONT GIVE ANY ANSWERS, they stay quiet and hide
If they say "sorry, the game is poorly optimized, we are working for a patch"
Ok, here we stay patient

but they keep quiet, totaly quiet
where not pirate, we are customers, we paye for this game, so WE NEED ANSWERS AND INFORMATION (i repeat, after all, issues is not the real problem, but this silence is the worst think )
(again, sorry for my bad english)

jeerryyyyy
12-15-2012, 03:37 PM
so when the new catalyst 12.11 for amd? for ac3? or CAP of ac3? or patch for ac3? i wait and wait and i ****ed up! 5fps in boston... i pay 50 euro

hitman47222
12-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Two months?Are you kidding me?

Well it is sorta easy for me. There are lots of epic games out there now. I fulfill my gaming habits from them :D

Far cry 3 / hitman / aftermath that just released for bf3 / planetside 2.

Elaeus1990
12-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Wether it was weeks or months. If you just gonna go ahead and boycott a whole company for 1 badly optimized game then you gonna miss out on alot of games.

Well i won't miss them, we can't still play them, we just won't buy them. I am not gonna miss Far Cry 3 for sure (a friend bought it, i wonder why since he didn't have the 2nd CD of AC3 working at all and UBI doesn't want to exchange it and he had to dl an iso to make it work... if this is not an outrage i don't know what you want to call that). And even if he didn't i would have downloaded it. I'll just ask him to lend it to me, these people stole from me, i don't know why i wouldn't do it too.
They chose to rely on some poor developpers, we didn't make this choice, they did it for our game, this is their responsability, they are guilty all the way.

Oh and by the way, i wouldn't be so sure about a patch, we can only guess. Even the mods here didn't want to reveal a patch, why would they do it on steam? Still bugs me xD

spectatorx
12-15-2012, 06:52 PM
... If you just gonna go ahead and boycott a whole company for 1 badly optimized game then you gonna miss out on alot of games.....

No, it is not because of one game, it is because the whole series is made this way. I'm about to repeat myself and say... I love the plot, adore artistic style of the game, unique gameplay, open world and many things but i hate engine, bugs, graphics, ubisoft's lack of support to pc market. They do not want to do their job as they should do and they do not want my money? I'm ok with that, i will not give it to them. Simple as that.

Ewan, przestań kurwa co 5 minut pytać kiedy sterowniki... Jak się pojawią to napewno wrzucę info w tym temacie plus w moim faqu. Jeśli jeszcze takiego info nie wrzuciłem w żadnym temacie to oznacza tylko tyle, że jeszcze żaden nowszy sterownik niż 12.11 beta 11 nie wyszedł. Ok, wyszedł 12.12, ale dla grafik wbudowanych, a i to w wersji dla linuksa. Z ostatnich doniesień wnioskuję, że nowe sterowniki pojawią się prawdopodobnie w tym tygodniu, ale to są tylko moje domysły i może tak nie być.

P.S.
I want my **** loyalty packs!!!! FFs!!!!!!!!

bluntman_4201
12-15-2012, 07:53 PM
EXACTLY. We can still play their games. Just aint giving them my money EVER again. Screw you UBISOFT.

rkompatzki
12-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Ive contacted support twice, no answer....

Bani9446
12-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Continue spamming on this topic and it'll get locked up like the one with 101 pages :) Saying "Ubisoft you suck" won't fix the **** game it'll just get the topic locked...

iNvid22
12-15-2012, 11:02 PM
i think the ukraine studio being in charge of the pc port has something to do with it

there should be a community dev who relays info from the dev team to the community in regards to patches and eta's etc. i thought the comdev for ac was gabe graziani but i've never seen or heard from him on these forums, at least not on the PC side apart from one sticky saying a patch was out.

we're just left in the dark and told by these forum managers to contact support who dont seem to have a clue either.

spectatorx
12-15-2012, 11:18 PM

there should be a community dev who relays info from the dev team to the community in regards to patches and eta's etc. i thought the comdev for ac was gabe graziani but i've never seen or heard from him on these forums, at least not on the PC side apart from one sticky saying a patch was out.

Who is this guy? I've never seen him at forum here. And never seen DISCUSSION with him in any thread.

lorik2010
12-15-2012, 11:22 PM
i think the ukraine studio being in charge of the pc port has something to do with it

we're just left in the dark and told by these forum managers to contact support who dont seem to have a clue either.

Actually I blame Ubisoft Kiev for their appalling incompetence in fact they seem to be found in fb and Im going there if I can get an answer from them

BzkGB
12-15-2012, 11:40 PM

EA messed up FIFA 11

Whilst I see your point; I did not personally have any issues with those games listed or any games from EA, id software, etc. So why would I boycott them? It'd be a completely different story if I did have trouble with them, but I haven't. The point is you absolutely should not be required to wait two months or more for a game to be fixed - not in this day and age with a AAA games development studio/publisher at the regins. And even in the event that a game does have problems, I'd expect a little more communication from Ubisoft. Hell, even EA were pretty quick to make announcements when Battlefield 3 had some problems (not that I experienced any), and EA are well known for horrible customer service. If I miss out on some games... well so be it, for every Ubisoft game there are a bunch of titles from companies that actually give a s*** about their fan-base.

The worst part is we still have no acknowledgement that a fix for performance issues IS DEFINITELY coming. Say what you like and keep having blind faith in Ubisoft, but that's messed up and you know it. I don't particularly care if lately the mods are making an 'effort'; that's not good enough.

IMRicko
12-16-2012, 11:00 AM
IMO, this year has been a bad year for PC version of any Ubisoft games. Future soldier was badly optimized even I can only play on 40fps max with everything set on highest. AC3 ran pretty bad on my comp with having only max 20fps in Boston and 30 in frontier on max but multiplayer run on 60fps. Far Cry 3 is also another badly optimized game from Ubisoft. It ran only about 30fps and it is full of screen tearing, micro-stutter, and popping up textures as well as flickering shadows. My comp specs is i5 2500k, GTX670 and 8GB RAM

All 3 games I mentioned above share the same similarity. DirectX11 and new game engines. Whichever Ubisoft branch that did the porting and optimization of ubisoft games for PC is very bad. The DX11 is badly optimized compared to other games from other companies. Take AC3 and Far Cry 3 for example. Both game run with so called "new engine" and they have severe popping up textures which previous games like AC2, ACB, ACR and Far Cry 2 didn't have, bad in-game anti-aliasing (Far Cry 3 can't even apply AA IN GAME) and average graphics for 2012 game but I don't understand why these games need such high specs in order to play smoothly. BF3 on the other hand, which came out one year ago had very good optimization with the DX11 and still able to play smoothly with decent FPS on mid-spec computers as well as having better graphics than both AC3 and FC3. It shows that Ubi did a bad optimization when working with their DX11 and yet it always took them extra time to "optimize and polish PC version of their games". I wonder what the devs did during that extra time besides drinking coffee and eating breads.

Now it's been almost a month since AC3 was released for PC and I can see some of the people here in the community haven't finished AC3 on PC because they get bad fps and stuff but yet there's no response besides "aware of the issue" from the devs. By the time I'm typing this down, people with PS3 and X360 are already playing other games while we, PC gamers, still scratching our head on how to play AC3 nicely on PC. What a shame to the developers. Being aware but yet no response whatsoever. At least be responsible and keep updating the community with the patch progress (IF THERE'S ANY PATCH BUT I DOUBT IT) instead of just abandoning the community. I still remember the old Ubisoft where they made such good and optimized games like PoP, Rainbow six and splinter cell. As time passes by, the quality of Ubisoft games on PC are getting worse and worse and I wonder what will happen in 2013 where games like Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell Blacklist will be released.

abohamed
12-16-2012, 01:32 PM
IMO, this year has been a bad year for PC version of any Ubisoft games. Future soldier was badly optimized even I can only play on 40fps max with everything set on highest. AC3 ran pretty bad on my comp with having only max 20fps in Boston and 30 in frontier on max but multiplayer run on 60fps. Far Cry 3 is also another badly optimized game from Ubisoft. It ran only about 30fps and it is full of screen tearing, micro-stutter, and popping up textures as well as flickering shadows. My comp specs is i5 2500k, GTX670 and 8GB RAM

All 3 games I mentioned above share the same similarity. DirectX11 and new game engines. Whichever Ubisoft branch that did the porting and optimization of ubisoft games for PC is very bad. The DX11 is badly optimized compared to other games from other companies. Take AC3 and Far Cry 3 for example. Both game run with so called "new engine" and they have severe popping up textures which previous games like AC2, ACB, ACR and Far Cry 2 didn't have, bad in-game anti-aliasing (Far Cry 3 can't even apply AA IN GAME) and average graphics for 2012 game but I don't understand why these games need such high specs in order to play smoothly. BF3 on the other hand, which came out one year ago had very good optimization with the DX11 and still able to play smoothly with decent FPS on mid-spec computers as well as having better graphics than both AC3 and FC3. It shows that Ubi did a bad optimization when working with their DX11 and yet it always took them extra time to "optimize and polish PC version of their games". I wonder what the devs did during that extra time besides drinking coffee and eating breads.

Now it's been almost a month since AC3 was released for PC and I can see some of the people here in the community haven't finished AC3 on PC because they get bad fps and stuff but yet there's no response besides "aware of the issue" from the devs. By the time I'm typing this down, people with PS3 and X360 are already playing other games while we, PC gamers, still scratching our head on how to play AC3 nicely on PC. What a shame to the developers. Being aware but yet no response whatsoever. At least be responsible and keep updating the community with the patch progress (IF THERE'S ANY PATCH BUT I DOUBT IT) instead of just abandoning the community. I still remember the old Ubisoft where they made such good and optimized games like PoP, Rainbow six and splinter cell. As time passes by, the quality of Ubisoft games on PC are getting worse and worse and I wonder what will happen in 2013 where games like Watch Dogs and Splinter Cell Blacklist will be released.

true .. and that exactly what make me think that the real problem is not with the optimize the game for PC but its in Anvil next engine just like Frostbite 2 at its first start but DICE do a very good work to fix it and btw the problem of low FPS in AC 3 was in PS3 version too but ubisoft guys fix it quickly because they think the PS3 fans are the only people ( with Xbox guys of course ) that gave them their own money and PC users is NOT and they just a bunch of freaking pirates !!! .. so please ubisoft guys gave the PC users more attention because we pay money for your games too !!!

Elaeus1990
12-16-2012, 02:01 PM
2013? Well we'll be pirating their games by now, i personally have no intention of waiting 2 months to play Watchdogs.
Your choice UBISOFT!

tontsa91
12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
MY RIG:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 (3.0 GHz)
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD6850 1GB
Memory: 4GB DDR3

I have the newest AMD beta drivers.

MY SETTINGS:

Resolution: 1920x1080
Environment quality: Normal
Texture quality: High
Anti-aliasing: Normal
Shadows: Normal

MY PERFORMANCE:

I'm getting 22-30 fps while walking on the streets of Boston.
I had little to no FPS problems in the beginning of the game (in the theater and the ship).

rkompatzki
12-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Im done with Ubisoft, Ive contacted support so many times for the past month, and they just dont answer, ive lost faith in this company. Ill never buy any of their stuff ever again. They say PC community is dead because of piracy, and they themselves encourage it, by making poorly optimized games, that arent worth buying.

iNvid22
12-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Contacting support will not do much, the only solution to this FPS issue is a patch.

Rumors are it will be here before christmas but nobody knows for sure, i dont think anybody around here speaks to the UbiKiev dev team at all.

I've shelved the game for the time being, quit wasting your energy with support and wait for the patch - there is no other solution

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Contacting support will not do much, the only solution to this FPS issue is a patch.

Rumors are it will be here before christmas but nobody knows for sure, i dont think anybody around here speaks to the UbiKiev dev team at all.

I've shelved the game for the time being, quit wasting your energy with support and wait for the patch - there is no other solutionIf people do not contact support - then there will be less chance of a patch arriving sooner rather than later..

As I keep repeating, it's vital that people are contacting support - that shows the number of people affected - the range of hardware affected and also makes it a priority [if numbers are high enough]

Even if they do not reply with a solution - your support request is logged and is trackable for collating the data the team needs.

Posting in the forums, though it highlights the issue - is not a replacement for contacting support - they play a major part in the patch process. I have reported the issue many times, as have other FM's - however if support can not back up the reports, with solid data - then it's fair harder for us to push for a fix, While I understand that some people may think posting '+1' or 'I have poor fps' helps - they do not.. since they don't say anything about the issue..

People need to be contacting support with cold hard facts - simply posting 'MAH FPS SUX' means nothing - since your 'poor' 45 fps - could be considered correct for your hardware / resolution / settings - which I know some of you won't accept, however I am not in a position to say based on these posts, since I can't comment on individual cases.

The posted advice about Crossfire - SLI / lowering world detail levels and AA - may help some, since some have seen improvements so everyone should try - however if it does not, please continue to contact support.

Since it's not affecting everyone - some are still seeing fps over 45 / 50 - it's not an easy thing for the team to simply point to and 'fix' - so I do not want people waiting for a currently unannounced patch without contacting support which appears to be happening.

This is not passing the buck or trying to cover up the issue, just without your rock solid reports to support - there is only so much posting on the forums can achive!

AMD / Nvidia are working on optimised drivers - and are adding in Crossfire / SLI support to the game soon, so that may also help - however for those it does not, it remains you should be contacting support after updating / trying fixes.

iNvid22
12-16-2012, 10:21 PM
I thought it would be obvious by now that it affects everyone. The level at which it does depends on the users CPU and GPU power. Some people with enough power only suffer drops to the 40s which is not that bad, its the others who get stuffed the most when the FPS reaches unplayable levels.

Also, its just my opinion but i think its counter productive that everyone is being ushered to contact support. Ubi support seems to be the middleman slowing things down because a) they dont seem to know for sure what the dev team is doing, b) they cannot provide a solution themselves, and c) its resulting in angry children coming and spamming the forums because they never got a swift reply or thought their issue could be resolved by support.

I dont get why there is 0 communication between the dev team in Ukraine and us over here. What is the community dev for the franchise doing exactly? I remember when the future soldier PC fiasco was unfolding the comdev was posting frequently in the forums while were posting our issues on the forums and they were being acknowledge in the sticky threads.

RyanEBlack
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
If people do not contact support - then there will be less chance of a patch..

As I keep repeating, it's vital that people are contacting support - that shows the number of people affected - the range of hardware affected and also makes it a priority [if numbers are high enough]

Even if they do not reply with a solution - your support request is logged and is trackable for collating the data the team needs.

Posting in the forums, though it highlights the issue - is not a replacement for contacting support - they play a major part in the patch process. I have reported the issue many times, as have other FM's - however if support can not back up the reports, with solid data - then it's fair harder for us to push for a fix, While I understand that some people may think posting '+1' or 'I have poor fps' helps - they do not.. since they don't say anything about the issue..

People need to be contacting support with cold hard facts - simply posting 'MAH FPS SUX' means nothing - since your 'poor' 45 fps - could be considered correct for your hardware / resolution / settings - which I know some of you won't accept, however I am not in a position to say based on these posts, since I can't comment on individual cases.

The posted advice about Crossfire - SLI / lowering world detail levels and AA - may help some, since some have seen improvements so everyone should try - however if it does not, please continue to contact support.

Since it's not affecting everyone - some are still seeing fps over 45 / 50 - it's not an easy thing for the team to simply point to and 'fix' - so I do not want people waiting for a currently unannounced patch without contacting support which appears to be happening.

This is not passing the buck or trying to cover up the issue, just without your rock solid reports to support - there is only so much posting on the forums can achive!

AMD / Nvidia are working on optimised drivers - and are adding in Crossfire / SLI support to the game soon, so that may also help - however for those it does not, it remains you should be contacting support after updating / trying fixes.

Where was the QA with this title? Surely someone in the QA department noticed how poor this game runs before releasing it. A quick Google of "Assassin's Creed III low GPU usage" would yield dozens of forum posts on various websites.

I am simply appalled at the approach the Devs are taking in regards to this issue. Its a slap in the face to anyone that purchased this game for PC. Not only was it a sub-par port, but saying "Sorry, we won't release a patch unless a lot of people post support tickets" is ridiculous. Look at this forum, look at how many people are experiencing these issues.

45FPS is 'poor' for this game, considering I have a 7970 with a 2500K at 4.5GHz and this game is only using about 70-80% of my GPU and I'm experiencing terrible frame-rate drops because of it.

The game is broken, simple as that.

Mr_Shade
12-16-2012, 10:34 PM
As I said, posting on the forum is not a replacement for contacting support, for a few reasons.

There is a set way to gather information and to start the process for a patch and using support is part of it.

The issue has been raised, but without solid information - it slows down the process a lot.

Support can collate DxDiag outputs etc - which we are unable to do on the forum software - so it's easy for Support to see what hardware / setups are affected..

Not everyone is affected, it may seem like a everyone is, but the forums are not the best judge of it - many post's are just short comments, which makes troubleshooting all the harder - even though there are forum posts with some good info - not all contain information on fps level or hardware, so you can't really say 'X' number of people with 'X' GPU are affected so easily as support can.

If you do not wish to contact support - I can not force you, however they are there for a reason, to help highlight things that may need patching...

RyanEBlack
12-16-2012, 10:40 PM
As I said, posting on the forum is not a replacement for contacting support, for a few reasons.

There is a set way to gather information and to start the process for a patch and using support is part of it.

The issue has been raised, but without solid information - it slows down the process a lot.

Support can collate DxDiag outputs etc - which we are unable to do on the forum software - so it's easy for Support to see what hardware / setups are affected..

Not everyone is affected, it may seem like a everyone is, but the forums are not the best judge of it - many post's are just short comments, which makes troubleshooting all the harder - even though there are forum posts with some good info - not all contain information on fps level or hardware, so you can't really say 'X' number of people with 'X' GPU are affected so easily as support can.

If you do not wish to contact support - I can not force you, however they are there for a reason, to help highlight things that may need patching...

I just contacted support with my Dxdiag and a screenshot of my low GPU usage in-game.

ROFLBOT
12-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Funny how Mr_Shade says to continue writing to the support. I even know a friend of mine who got a ticket open and it hasn't been answered for couple of weeks now. It still says "waiting". And I'm pretty sure anyone could realize that by reading the feedback here, on forums, should do as much as help to the devs as it would when people contact them straight away. Any moderator can simply view these posts where people have posted their full specs along with driver version etc and actually gather that information instead of pasting the same message. So the fact remains: game's engine is broken, it's not supporting SLI/CrossFire, it's taking way too much power from GPU and little from the CPU. I, personally, have already sent my report to the ticket center and already done their special program test which they want you to download and run so there's no more ways I could help the devs. So in conclusion; a little less conversation, a little more action, please from Ubisoft.

Perk5
12-16-2012, 10:44 PM
This is for anyone experiencing fps issues on Nvidia cards.

After fiddling around for awhile with the settings, I'm finally playing this game almost butter smooth now. Almost consistent 60fps. There's still some random stuttering, but it's very minor.

Make sure you have the latest drivers (310.70 beta) and Nvidia Inspector.

Navigate to C:/Documents/Assassin's Creed III/Assassin3.ini

Make sure you have vync turned off (So vysnc = 0)

Set the Refresh rate to 60.

Open up Nvidia Inspector and load the Assassin's Creed III profile:

1. Enable triple-buffering.
2. Enable Vsync (Force On)
3. Vertical Sync Tear Control I had as Standard, but Adaptive works well.
4. Limit the framerate 58fps (helps with input lag on 60hz)
5. Set power management mode to "Prefer maximum performance".

When in-game turn down all the settings to Normal, although I did leave Textures on High as it had no discernible impact on the framerate. Both high and very high settings for Environmental quality reduce the game to a slideshow.

For reference my specs are:

core i5 2500k
12gb DDR3
GTX 570 SLI

I had SLI disabled, because the game scales negatively with it enabled. Make sure if you have a SLI setup, you disable it.

Finished the game yesterday, really enjoyed it.

Good luck, this worked for me.

Force-turbo
12-16-2012, 11:58 PM
My specs:
- CPU: AMd Phenom II X6 1100T Processor (6 CPUs at 3.3GHz)
- Memory: 8GB of RAM
- Disk: 2 x SSD 256GB hard drives in RAID 1
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 6950 with 4GB of RAM
- Resolution: Full HD 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
- Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio

No SLI here. Just a multi-core GPU.

rkompatzki
12-17-2012, 01:34 AM
If people do not contact support - then there will be less chance of a patch arriving sooner rather than later..

All you keep saying is "contact support" Ive done that twice and havent got a reply, all we have left to do is post here and hope for fix since support doesnt wanna answer.

BzkGB
12-17-2012, 01:54 AM
If people do not contact support - then there will be less chance of a patch arriving sooner rather than later..

PLEASE stop trying to make out like we're the idiots who simply don't know how our computers work. It's demeaning. 'MAH FPS SUX' - really? You think that little of your customers?

I've sent multiple tickets to support, only to receive no competent response - only the typical cookie cutter responses like 'turn off background processes'. Honestly, it's unbelievable; your support is far, FAR worse than EA - which is known for being the worst in the current marketplace. I'm sick to death of reporting support tickets only to receive limitless idiocy.

Let's look at FrankieOnPcIn1080p - a fairly big-time YouTube commentator. He's running a top-of-the-range rig, with a high-end i7 along with a GTX 690, and even he is only able to get 50 FPS within the game's cities. What about those of us with lower range (but still capable) video cards? We can't even play. STOP trying to make out that it's our problem. It is a problem within your game. F****ing bored of this.

oceanstwelve
12-17-2012, 02:24 AM
PLEASE stop trying to make out like we're the idiots who simply don't know how our computers work. It's demeaning. 'MAH FPS SUX' - really? You think that little of your customers?

I've sent multiple tickets to support, only to receive no competent response - only the typical cookie cutter responses like 'turn off background processes'. Honestly, it's unbelievable; your support is far, FAR worse than EA - which is known for being the worst in the current marketplace. I'm sick to death of reporting support tickets only to receive limitless idiocy.

Let's look at FrankieOnPcIn1080p - a fairly big-time YouTube commentator. He's running a top-of-the-range rig, with a high-end i7 along with a GTX 690, and even he is only able to get 50 FPS within the game's cities. What about those of us with lower range (but still capable) video cards? We can't even play. STOP trying to make out that it's our problem. It is a problem within your game. F****ing bored of this.

+1 +1

LambertoKevlar
12-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Battlelfield 3 max settings,60 fps rock solid but, for ubisoft, i should low Assassin's Creed 3 settings

oceanstwelve
12-17-2012, 02:35 AM
This is for anyone experiencing fps issues on Nvidia cards.

After fiddling around for awhile with the settings, I'm finally playing this game almost butter smooth now. Almost consistent 60fps. There's still some random stuttering, but it's very minor.

Make sure you have the latest drivers (310.70 beta) and Nvidia Inspector.

Navigate to C:/Documents/Assassin's Creed III/Assassin3.ini

Make sure you have vync turned off (So vysnc = 0)

Set the Refresh rate to 60.

Open up Nvidia Inspector and load the Assassin's Creed III profile:

1. Enable triple-buffering.
2. Enable Vsync (Force On)
3. Vertical Sync Tear Control I had as Standard, but Adaptive works well.
4. Limit the framerate 58fps (helps with input lag on 60hz)
5. Set power management mode to "Prefer maximum performance".

When in-game turn down all the settings to Normal, although I did leave Textures on High as it had no discernible impact on the framerate. Both high and very high settings for Environmental quality reduce the game to a slideshow.

For reference my specs are:

core i5 2500k
12gb DDR3
GTX 570 SLI

I had SLI disabled, because the game scales negatively with it enabled. Make sure if you have a SLI setup, you disable it.

Finished the game yesterday, really enjoyed it.

Good luck, this worked for me.

please dont take any offense . but this did not "WORK for you" . you just made game tolerable+playable ( coz u really wanted to i guess) . u have a decent processor and a gpu . and yet ur having to play the game at lowest settings . not fair to you .

someone like me ( processor a bit worse , core 2 quad , but a superb gpu , gtx 680) . ur settings is making no difference what soever (because game uses cpu very poorly) . and that too when the point remains that why we play game at lowest settings while owning a decent rig.

what i want to request you (and others) is to stop posting such workarounds/temp. fixes at this forum topic . this might just make developers/moderators have the impression that the game is problem-free . and people are working the problems on their own somehow . giving lesser weight to the issue . thanks .

the game is broken . it needs a patch urgently.

Perk5
12-17-2012, 03:25 AM
It still looks very good on normal settings. In fact, I could barely tell the differences between Normal, High and Very High settings for Environmental Quality, other than draw distance.

The point of my post is that it's still playable, in fact very much so. If you're not willing to lower the in-game and/or video card control panel settings then join everybody else and wait for a patch.

I'm not attempting to brush aside the issues with the game's performance (clearly, there are issues), I'm merely providing a suggestion to those who want to play but can't be bothered waiting for an undisclosed patch. A "patch" might I add, that hasn't even been confirmed yet. And given Ubisoft's history with patch roll-outs, you could be waiting months.

Just sayin'

oceanstwelve
12-17-2012, 03:44 AM
It still looks very good on normal settings. In fact, I could barely tell the differences between Normal, High and Very High settings for Environmental Quality, other than draw distance.

The point of my post is that it's still playable, in fact very much so. If you're not willing to lower the in-game and/or video card control panel settings then join everybody else and wait for a patch.

I'm not attempting to brush aside the issues with the game's performance (clearly, there are issues), I'm merely providing a suggestion to those who want to play but can't be bothered waiting for an undisclosed patch. A "patch" might I add, that hasn't even been confirmed yet. And given Ubisoft's history with patch roll-outs, you could be waiting months.

Just sayin'

yea yea , im repeating what i said . i dint mean to criticize you in any way. but i did TRY ur settings before replying to you . like i said my processor is not good enuf like urs ( mine is core 2 quad q6600) . so ur settings did not help at all . yet the processor meets requirements and my gpu (gtx 680) is one of the best in market. so in that case even after fiddling settings like you and making the game at normal . i wasnt able to make the game playable.
leading to my argument that the game is truly broken . but posts like yours can literally reduce the weight of the topic ( u saw a huge thread close down just coz of it being a RANT , u know ubi ) . so i request u dont do it . even in the case we wait for months of that unconfirmed patch :) .

shorach
12-17-2012, 04:08 AM
yea yea , im repeating what i said . i dint mean to criticize you in any way. but i did TRY ur settings before replying to you . like i said my processor is not good enuf like urs ( mine is core 2 quad q6600) . so ur settings did not help at all . yet the processor meets requirements and my gpu (gtx 680) is one of the best in market. so in that case even after fiddling settings like you and making the game at normal . i wasnt able to make the game playable.
leading to my argument that the game is truly broken . but posts like yours can literally reduce the weight of the topic ( u saw a huge thread close down just coz of it being a RANT , u know ubi ) . so i request u dont do it . even in the case we wait for months of that unconfirmed patch :) .
hey man sorry this is off-topic, but can you tell me how your gtx680 fits with your q6600, I have the same CPU and a 5770 HAWK 1GB, but can you tell if gtx680 performs well with your q6600? :))

oceanstwelve
12-17-2012, 05:29 AM
hey man sorry this is off-topic, but can you tell me how your gtx680 fits with your q6600, I have the same CPU and a 5770 HAWK 1GB, but can you tell if gtx680 performs well with your q6600? :))
it certainly allows me to play 95% games ( which are not as horrible as ac3 ) at full max settings. and you can upgrade cpu whenever u get the chance .

shorach
12-17-2012, 05:40 AM
it certainly allows me to play 95% games ( which are not as horrible as ac3 ) at full max settings. and you can upgrade cpu whenever u get the chance .
thats great, I can just upgrade the card, thanks bro ;)

rkompatzki
12-17-2012, 06:54 AM

Couldnt agree more man, I feel exactly the same way. They just wont admit that this is ONLY ubisoft's fault, and no one elses. This is so frustrating, I just wanna play the game, as everyone here :( we can just hope for a patch.

dannyrobijn
12-17-2012, 05:35 PM
I have the same problems, Off the boat i get 13 FPS (nice slideshow)

Mine system is:
Amd athlon 620 @2.60 (Actually the minimum processor)
4GB ram
HD6870 (upgraded from a 4850)
Amd 790X mobo

Turning everything to low made no difference

Ubisoft y no optimize?

abohamed
12-17-2012, 08:27 PM
is there any NEW news about that beta patch 1.02 on steam ?! because it take to long now !!

LambertoKevlar
12-17-2012, 08:28 PM
i believe because there's no patch.

lorik2010
12-17-2012, 09:38 PM

Don't ever for a second fool yourself to think that processor isn't holding you back because it is ,I was in a dilema myself when I upgraded from q6600 to 3570k @ 4.2ghz only to play AC3 with my old but still holding ok HD 5870 1GB ,even with my current hardware 1st core is maxing at 100% ,other cores a little lower than that and funny thing is Im getting low GPU usage 50% which means horrible performance .My advice for you is your GTX 680 is good but this game is heavily CPU intensive and if your hoping next patch will increase fps your in for a bad treat because it won't do nickel to increase your fps .What ever fps your getting just be happy with it.

yaxdax
12-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Just to add my experience with AC3 (performance) so far:
My specs: i7 2600k @4.4 / GTX 690 / 8GB-1600

First thing I noticed in this game is, that enabling SLI actually decreases the performance so I turned SLI off right away.
I'm currently playing with all settings at max. except Environment quality at high (instead of very high). The fps I'm getting are at 60fps most of the time but they do drop as low as 40fps when in Boston. (when I set environment quality to very high the fps drops to ~33 fps at times)

The GPU load is constantly at 95%, the CPU load fluctuates between 30% and 80%.

Whenever the CPU load increases significantly (happens every time lots of NPC's are on screen), the FPS begin to drop. This is why I am skeptical that a new Nvidia Driver alone would be able to increase the overall performance of the game since it seems to be very CPU heavy.
I know that the 2600k is not a top of the line CPU anymore but I think that it should not bottleneck any of today's games.
In my opinion Ubisoft did a really poor job in optimizing this game for PC and I do hope that they will offer a patch which will take some load of the CPU and actually make use of SLI/Crossfire systems.

AC3 should not be tougher on the hardware than FarCry3 which I play at constant 60fps.