PDA

View Full Version : AC3 BEST moments!

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I really liked when Coonnor killed Charles(very unique assassination) and very emotional for me when he killed Kanen'to:kon.What about you guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n93E-DUr5pA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SZ59YHytUc

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 10:53 AM
The death of Achilles... I don't know why I felt as bad as I did for him. Probably because Connor finally realised the help he did actually give him.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:54 AM
The death of Achilles... I don't know why I felt as bad as I did for him. Probably because Connor finally realised the help he did actually give him.

I am glad Connor apologised before he died.

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Modern-day parts. Often I see reviewers complaining about how boring Desmond is and how they wish they could just keep playing with the ancestor the whole time. In AC3 I felt the opposite: "Ugh, just get on with it, Connor. I want to get back to Desmond already." Exploring Abstergo while looking for William was the absolute highlight of the game for me.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Modern-day parts. Often I see reviewers complaining about how boring Desmond is and how they wish they could just keep playing with the ancestor the whole time. In AC3 I felt the opposite: "Ugh, just get on with it, Connor. I want to get back to Desmond already." Exploring Abstergo while looking for William was the absolute highlight of the game for me.

I cant say i liked more Desmond part that Connor,but as far this is most intersting modern day gameplay,and it wasnt like in pervious ,,ahhh here come Desmond again.

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Other favorite moments: the revelation about Haytham in sequence 3, the theater assassination, killing Charles Lee (even if it was just a cut scene) and Connor working together with Haytham (their interactions were funny).

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Actually finding out that Haytham was a Templar made me kick my sister in the face

psf22
12-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Too much to name, but to name a few comedic ones:

-Achilles: "You could've used a tree!"

-When Connor is playing around with the ropedart when first introduced to it by Achilles.

-When Connor is talking trash to Achilles about taking him out only to end up embarrassed in the kitchen with Benjamin Tallmadge there.

dxsxhxcx
12-11-2012, 01:20 PM
01. the moment where Connor is turned into an eagle by Juno to show him his future;
02. the fight between Achilles and Connor;
03. I don't remember now who they were after (a redcoat if I'm not wrong), but the moment where Haytham and Connor are looking for someone and they argue about who should run after the target;

psf22
12-11-2012, 01:38 PM
^^

I wanted to mention the Haytham/Connor struggle over who to run after the redcoat too.

"Why?! Because I said so!"

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Other favorite moments: the revelation about Haytham in sequence 3, the theater assassination, killing Charles Lee (even if it was just a cut scene) and Connor working together with Haytham (their interactions were funny).

My reaction was like;What??????????

cmrggamer
12-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Did anyone else laugh at the name of sequence 3 at the end? lol

Honestly, going through my second playthrough I've really realized how much I enjoy this game and how strong the narrative can be in some parts.

I loved all of the interactions between Achilles and Connor, and Connor and Haytham. They were some of the best written, I thought.
Their first encounter was great: "Father." "Connor. Any last words?" "Wait!" "A poor choice."

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Did anyone else laugh at the name of sequence 3 at the end? lol

Honestly, going through my second playthrough I've really realized how much I enjoy this game and how strong the narrative can be in some parts.

I loved all of the interactions between Achilles and Connor, and Connor and Haytham. They were some of the best written, I thought.
Their first encounter was great: "Father." "Connor. Any last words?" "Wait!" "A poor choice."

Nice point.Their relationship was really strange and i was some way dissapointed a little because i i thought he will kill Haytham last and he will show maybe some more emotion,and in other hand i am glad it ended like that.

TheHumanTowel
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
My favourite moment from my favourite character in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kEgY5K0_P0

xboxauditore
12-11-2012, 07:38 PM
The bit where Charles Lee Loses it in "Laid to rest"

"First, I'll burn that homestead of yours to the ground, Roast the severed heads of your precious "Founding Fathers" in the flames! And when I've finished with them, All the rest will burn too, Your merry band of Assassins, The human refuse that lives on your land, Your village, It's people. all of it. GONE."

Loved Lee, R.I.P

cmrggamer
12-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Nice point.Their relationship was really strange and i was some way dissapointed a little because i i thought he will kill Haytham last and he will show maybe some more emotion,and in other hand i am glad it ended like that.

Honestly, when I saw that scene the first time I was confused by how Haytham knew of Connor and I was a little uneasy about how I felt about their relationship right off the bat. But, it's actually quite well done, it's just subtle.
You see it later too, Haytham does falter when he finds out Ziio died, while most of the time he's so poised. Connor is very reluctant to kill his father, even when he is a teen. He tells Achilles that his father must die and even Achilles can sense his hesitance as he asks him if he truly believes what he said. I've seen a lot of people say Connor had no remorse killing his father. But in a way, I think he did. I think he wanted Haytham to be the father figure that was absent from his life (apart from Achilles--they're relationship is very well done as well) which is why he become so conflicted when they have their time together. Haytham provides some of the best counterarguments to Connor's beliefs. I definitely thought that the scene of Haytham's death was powerful. He says that's proud of Connor (once again, showing his vulnerable and human side) and then the next moment he says he should have killed him long ago.

I would also like to say that I thought Charles Lee was a great character and the first time Connor and him meet in the forest actually kind of gave me goosebumps...I was impressed by how well the animators could give Lee such a dark look/hunger in his eyes, like Ziio had mentioned right before that whole sequence.