PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 vs Assassin's Creed 3

NeverThat
12-11-2012, 05:29 AM
For those who played both, which one did you enjoy more and why?

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 06:36 AM
i would never Compare them they are different games and i always enjoy up close and personal more then guns

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 06:46 AM
I loved Far Cry 3. I greatly enjoyed it even though it was my first FC AND I do not normally play FP games, but I decided to give it a try since I`m a sucker for Open world games. The Story and Characters were awesome and there was always something that pushed me to want to continue till the end. the variety of characters reminded me a bit of GTA IV and that`s why it was so compelling. Also, the world builder was amazing. I`d definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys an Awesome experience.

AC III on the other hand....Takes the vote for me. Why ? I`v said so many times, people call me a fan-boy..

I`ll just shut up, OK ?

Black_Widow9
12-11-2012, 07:03 AM
I like them both so I can't really choose one especially since they are so different. ;)

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 07:11 AM
I like them both so I can't really choose one especially since they are so different. ;)
And you work for Ubisoft:rolleyes::p

Black_Widow9
12-11-2012, 07:22 AM
And you work for Ubisoft:rolleyes::p
I'm also playing Paper Mario Sticker Star and I like that too. :p

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm also playing Paper Mario Sticker Star and I like that too. :p
xD

You traitor, I thought you only played Ubisoft games:p

Black_Widow9
12-11-2012, 07:32 AM
xD

You traitor, I thought you only played Ubisoft games:p
Lol. That would just be ridiculous.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Thats not a huge list of games Assassin

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Thats not a huge list of games Assassin
That`s the Joke;)

catkiller97
12-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Both Games are great imo :D

Voted for Farcry3 :)

Because its gave me a feel how a open world FPS game should be.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Voted for Farcry3 :)

Because its gave me a feel how a open world FPS game should be. so an open world FPS gives you a better feeling of how an open world FPS should be then a open world Third person action adventure

catkiller97
12-11-2012, 08:10 AM
Its my opinion everyone has different opinion as i said both game are great. :cool:

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:10 AM
so an open world FPS gives you a better feeling of how an open world FPS should be then a open world Third person action adventure
Why not ?

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Why not ?
my point is you can't compare an FPS with a third person action adventure even if they are both open world

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:14 AM
my point is you can't compare an FPS with a third person action adventure even if they are both open world
Again....Why not ?

catkiller97
12-11-2012, 08:14 AM
I am not comparing i just said i liked how they presented a FPS game in open world thats it.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:20 AM
Again....Why not ?
they are two completely different games you might as well compare AC 3 to Halo 4 or something now if they were not by the same company this thread would never have been made. I enjoy FPS but some do not. its comparing to completely different things like Apples and Oranges i like both but sometimes i want to eat one sometimes the other does that mean that i enjoy one more then the other no. now if we Compared AC 3 to some TP open world game set in any time period it would make more sense sure they may not be set in the same time but yeah. it is more like Arkham city on a larger scope but those to games are of a Similar Genre and Narrative point of view right down to being able to use Stealth

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:25 AM
they are two completely different games you might as well compare AC 3 to Halo 4 or something now if they were not by the same company this thread would never have been made. I enjoy FPS but some do not. its comparing to completely different things like Apples and Oranges i like both but sometimes i want to eat one sometimes the other does that mean that i enjoy one more then the other no. now if we Compared AC 3 to some TP open world game set in any time period it would make more sense sure they may not be set in the same time but yeah. it is more like Arkham city on a larger scope but those to games are of a Similar Genre and Narrative point of view right down to being able to use Stealth
Well, first. He was saying how an Open world FPS should be and FC3 gave him that..
Second, FC3 actually has a lot of similarities with AC III. It has stealth (with slightly better mechanics than AC III, in my opinion) Combat and shooting. That sounds very comparable with AC III to me..

Not to mention the open world, navigation and hunting. Trust me there are more similarities than you might think

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Well, first. He was saying how an Open world FPS should be and FC3 gave him that..
Second, FC3 actually has a lot of similarities with AC III. It has stealth (with slightly better mechanics than AC III, in my opinion) Combat and shooting. That sounds very comparable with AC III to me..

Not to mention the open world, navigation and hunting. Trust me there are more similarities than you might think
The Shooting was not my point though i understand about the Stealth being there but AC 3 is a different Genre therefore no room to compare as it will always be looked upon as worse by FPS fans etc. i was just saying other FPS have similar things but they are not the same and will never be the Same or Comparable. sure you can compare Aspects of the game but not really the entire game

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:34 AM
The Shooting was not my point though i understand about the Stealth being there but AC 3 is a different Genre therefore no room to compare as it will always be looked upon as worse by FPS fans etc. i was just saying other FPS have similar things but they are not the same and will never be the Same or Comparable. sure you can compare Aspects of the game but not really the entire game
I don't really see your point..The only difference between AC III and FC3 is the player point of view. They`re both Action adventure, they`re both open world, they both include stealth, they have very similar navigation methods and they have very similar features and elements..

Like I said, only difference is player point of view..

catkiller97
12-11-2012, 08:36 AM
OK guys leave it :p

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:36 AM
I don't really see your point..The only difference between AC III and FC3 is the player point of view. They`re both Action adventure, they`re both open world, they both include stealth, they have very similar navigation methods and they have very similar features and elements..

Like I said, only difference is player point of view.. thats a huge thing though its what makes the game the type of Game it is. Which one you prefer is not really a thing its like oh i play Far Cry 3 right now but you all know you will go back to AC 3 sooner or later so this is a moot poll

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:40 AM
OK guys leave it :p
Man said leave it, sorry...

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Far Cry 3.

1. Nicer open world
2. More realistic animals
3. Better AI
4. Nicer customisation options
5. Better story, more consistant
6. Better character development
7. More side missions
8. Challenges that reward you
9. Hunting aspect is better than AC3's.
10. Areas where you go to collect a relic and you the developers designed special underwater places or ones where you have to climb loads of vines. Makes it seem like they weren't just put anywhere
11. Better stealth options.

Will add to the list when I get back

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:16 AM
My vote to AC3.Far Cry 3 is great game but in other hand AC is my favourite franchise and there is some ,,POINT,, in AC that no other game has.

catkiller97
12-11-2012, 10:51 AM
I learned the definition of Insanity from Far cry 3 :)

DavisP92
12-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I picked far cry 3, they are both very similar and are good games. But Far Cry 3 does more right than AC3

ShrunkLawyer0
12-11-2012, 08:09 PM
the best thing about far cry is the hunting

shobhit7777777
12-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Farcry 3. Easy. Heck I'd pick it over many games out this year.

It is simply a matter of a better design overall. From stealth, to AI and right down to the mission structure.....FC3 is a smarter game. FC3 is what AC3 SHOULD've been. Some of the design decisions in FC3 really show us that even small things matter a heck of a lot. That game never frustrated me...ever. It challenged me but never did I get frustrated.

It took the core concept of FC2...massively expanded on it. Took elements from AC itself and made them its own. It is a beautiful game.

At this point I just want to hug the FC3 devs and thank them for truly understanding stealth-action, user-friendly design and actually nailing accessibility and streamlining without sacrificing depth.

That said. AC3 has FC3 beat from a narrative standpoint.