PDA

View Full Version : Naval Missions.. I'M HOOKED

I sell proPAIN
12-11-2012, 03:12 AM
I'll admit, I was skeptical about the Naval missions, but really they became one of my favorite parts of Assassin's Creed. Though I doubt we'll see more in DLC, but that combat had me so hooked, I'd love to see more a future Assassin's Creed or completely new IP dedicated to sailing the high seas! I've always wanted a great, fun, challenging pirate adventure game, we almost had it in Pirates of the Caribbean but unfortunately that was canceled. Whoever the team was that made these missions should really look into making a full game out of it! Thank you!

BATISTABUS
12-11-2012, 03:15 AM
I think everyone was pleasantly surprised. They took a pretty big risk, but the final result was fantastic. Hopefully they expand upon this in the next installment with more exploration, added features, and a stronger narrative (which was the weakest part of the naval portions of AC3).

clerg
12-11-2012, 04:25 AM
How awesome would it be if they had Online Naval Multiplayer...

BATISTABUS
12-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Very awesome in my opinion, but there would need to be a number of changes to the system. At the very least, certain things would need to be considered.

-How would the "Press X/Square for Cover" prompt work? Would the damage reduction work the same?
-Would boarding the enemies ship still be allowed? Would they have to create a multiplayer fighting system, or would it all be one-shot kills like in regular multiplayer?
-On teams, would members of the same team control separate ships or a single vessel?
- If teams shared a ship, would it be three to a ship? One for sailing, one for large cannons, and one for swivel cannons?
-If teams didn't share a ship, would all ships be the same size? Would leveling up allow you to unlock larger ships?
-Would there be a free-roam aspect to this like Red Dead Redemption, or would it be contained battles?
-etc.

Although this would take a lot of work, it could potentially be a gamer's dream come true.

kriegerdesgottes
12-11-2012, 06:13 AM
I'm kinda neutral when it comes to Naval missions. I don't love em, I don't hate em. I wouldn't mind if they make it into the next game but if Ubisoft took them out I don't think I'd care that much. It would be better if you could free roam and enemies randomly appear to blow up after beating the game.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:46 AM
i really liked Naval ,i havent played nothing similar . :)