PDA

View Full Version : Next Assassin's Creed Should take place in Japan.

geass666lelouch
12-10-2012, 11:32 PM
I as both a gamer, anime, and manga freak, have always been a fan of Japan and its culture. from its rich hisotry over hundreds of years, to the people and traditions. the language is interesting, as is their architecture, music, lifestyle. the next Assassin's Creed should take place in Feudal Era Japan, back during the time of the Samurai, Shoguns, and Ninja. after all, Ninja's were one of the first, and best at Assassination and Espionage.

Is it all too much to ask for an Assassins Creed made in Feudal Era Japan? Between the wars, Samurai, Shoguns, Ninja, Weapons, Historical people, places, and events, why has it not become Reality? On a side note, like the Assassins Creed 3 Pivots. they can be tricky to catch before the respawn timer and such.

ze_topazio
12-11-2012, 12:11 AM
What is hisotry?

Manga, anime and japanese games portray Ninjas just as bad as Hollywood movies do, so i get the feeling you have the wrong idea about the historical ninjas, besides we would be an assassin anyway, not a ninja. .

geass666lelouch
12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
no, believe me. i have done my fair share of reading and watching documentaries. they were not so brazen or theatrical as is portrayed in anime/manga or hollywoods crappy movies. im well aware that such actions would have spelled failure and death to them. and Ninja's were Assassins, they were hired and contracted by Shoguns to eliminate enemy commanders and shoguns. or to perform espionage and and sabotage lower soldier morale. and if you think on it, if the Assassins Creed were to take place during this time in Japan, it is very plausible that the Assassin is the child of say, Hattori Hanzo or some other historical ninja. his early life could be of playing him as he is going through training each and every day to hone his skills and knowledge.

there are many possibilities to the storyline. hell the character could even be someone that stumbled upon their villagers in the mountains and was given a choice to die or join them, thus starting a person on the path. the architecture of the time would make for an amazing in game world as well. ive always wanted a way to explore Feudal era Japan aside from reading, as im sure hundreds of thousands of others interested in that time period would like to as well.

WarriorAegis
12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Ubisoft said they weren't doing Feudal Japan... except for an idea they are toying with. So, it is possible, but unlikely.

geass666lelouch
12-11-2012, 12:20 AM
the ninja in general could be the assassin branch in Japan.

geass666lelouch
12-11-2012, 12:22 AM
any proof? links for that statement or such? it seems extremely foolish and disappointing if they passed such a time period up. to hear of an Assassins creed in South America or central america, quite honestly, would make me rage quit from this beloved series.

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Corey May said on numerous occasions that he would love to do the Feudal Japan setting, and since he's the lead writer of the series there's a pretty good chance it will be done at some point.

Rugterwyper32
12-11-2012, 12:41 AM
any proof? links for that statement or such? it seems extremely foolish and disappointing if they passed such a time period up. to hear of an Assassins creed in South America or central america, quite honestly, would make me rage quit from this beloved series.

What is the problem you have with South or Central America? I can see why a lot of Central America could be a problem (Being from Guatemala, the cities over here certainly were never really tall over here and all of them pretty gridded) but South America had some fantastic cities that can work for great settings in the series and there's a lot of potential there.

geass666lelouch
12-11-2012, 12:42 AM
ive heard such as well, But seeing as Alex Hutchinson finds that WW2, Feudal Japan and Egypt to be boring times for such a game, i do believe the Creative Director has more say so then the storyline writer. what i dont understand is, seeing as how these are among the most requested time periods for Assassins Creed, isnt a good business standpoint to deliver what the fans want? after all, we are the ones putting money in their pockets which allow their games to continue being made. the fact that Mr. Hutchinson finds these time periods that are so full of rich history and Characters, and Japan home to the ninja and Samurai and great battles, i think it would be a Gold Mine. Quite honestly, its almost depressing.

kriegerdesgottes
12-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Ninjas were very rarely used in assassination. They were typically used to espionage or just as foot soldiers but not often assassins. Sometimes though.

geass666lelouch
12-11-2012, 12:45 AM
What is the problem you have with South or Central America? I can see why a lot of Central America could be a problem (Being from Guatemala, the cities over here certainly were never really tall over here and all of them pretty gridded) but South America had some fantastic cities that can work for great settings in the series and there's a lot of potential there.

the problem i have with it is that there are places in the world that have more historical events and people, better geographical history and architecture, that should be explored and created before central america or south america. nothing against the people or cultures, just find their are better places to set the games then in those locations.

geass666lelouch
12-11-2012, 12:50 AM
there were quite a few mentions of Ninja being used and hired as assassins. again, i have done my fair shair of reading and what not, as Japan is my favorite country to learn about due to their culture, traditions, and such. yes, assassinations were rare, but they still occured. though it is more realistic than throwing an indian into that lifestyle or a bankers son. you know?

silvermercy
12-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Japan would be beautiful but personally I would prefer any of the following: Victorian England, Paris, ancient Greece (Alexander the Great's conquests). The latter is my favourite and has the potential to extend to other exotic locations like Persia and India.

geass666lelouch
12-11-2012, 01:14 AM
Japan would be beautiful but personally I would prefer any of the following: Victorian England, Paris, ancient Greece (Alexander the Great's conquests). The latter is my favourite and has the potential to extend to other exotic locations like Persia and India.

India is one of the places Corey May and Alex Hutchinson agree would be a good location for the game. but i think im well fed up with games taking place in the middle eastern countries and or Europe. 1,2,brotherhood, and revelations took place in European/ Middle Eastern countries. 3 was the first to leave the location and quite honestly, i think it would be truly tragic to go back to that part of the planet when there are other, more suitable and desired locations.

silvermercy
12-11-2012, 01:17 AM
I can't think of many more interesting locations though... Another one could be China. Or Russia.

Rugterwyper32
12-11-2012, 01:17 AM
the problem i have with it is that there are places in the world that have more historical events and people, better geographical history and architecture, that should be explored and created before central america or south america. nothing against the people or cultures, just find their are better places to set the games then in those locations.

That's another thing, too. How much do you know of the history of these areas? If they find it fits with their storytelling, there are many options here. Geographically these areas are interesting, considering all the mountain areas which would make things interesting. Architecture... I'll give you Central America, buildings aren't that tall and most of the time they don't cut it and designs of the cities just don't fit with the series, but again, look at South America. Lima in Peru, Quito in Ecuador, Bogota in Colombia, Buenos Aires in Argentina, Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, the list goes on. Most of these cities are about 100 years older than the colonies we saw in AC3, as well. The Inca influence in western South America would be genius for the secret location areas, too.

Admittedly, though, my interest goes back to some periods of Europe that seem unexplored and some Asian locations. Southern Spain during the Reconquista, Netherlands and Belgium during the Dutch Revolt, Germany, Denmark and the Czech Republic during the 30 years war, India during the British Raj, Confederate Ireland, Russia during the times of Ivan the Terrible, China and Mongolia during the Yuan dynasy, the Persian Empires, Habsburg Serbia, South American Wars of Independence, and if it's Japan maybe the Tokugawa period. But I personally aren't as interested in Japan as in the others, even though it could very well turn out to be fantastic.

geass666lelouch
12-11-2012, 01:27 AM
That's another thing, too. How much do you know of the history of these areas? If they find it fits with their storytelling, there are many options here. Geographically these areas are interesting, considering all the mountain areas which would make things interesting. Architecture... I'll give you Central America, buildings aren't that tall and most of the time they don't cut it and designs of the cities just don't fit with the series, but again, look at South America. Lima in Peru, Quito in Ecuador, Bogota in Colombia, Buenos Aires in Argentina, Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, the list goes on. Most of these cities are about 100 years older than the colonies we saw in AC3, as well. The Inca influence in western South America would be genius for the secret location areas, too.

Admittedly, though, my interest goes back to some periods of Europe that seem unexplored and some Asian locations. Southern Spain during the Reconquista, Netherlands and Belgium during the Dutch Revolt, Germany, Denmark and the Czech Republic during the 30 years war, India during the British Raj, Confederate Ireland, Russia during the times of Ivan the Terrible, China and Mongolia during the Yuan dynasy, the Persian Empires, Habsburg Serbia, South American Wars of Independence, and if it's Japan maybe the Tokugawa period. But I personally aren't as interested in Japan as in the others, even though it could very well turn out to be fantastic.

i understand what you are saying, and some places, such as Germany, Russia, Ireland, and China sound like they could be wonders as well, but since the beginning of AC and its open world format, my fascination with Japan and the series simply grows and i get more irritated with Alex Hutchinson as he is the main reason it does not happen. "though it is one of the most requested settings for Assassins Creed, i find that Feudal Japan, WW2, and Egypt to be the worst and most boring places for the series." his words. the fact that those three area are the most requested should be a tell tale sign that fans of the series would rather it be during those times than any others. after all, we put the money in their pockets, why shouldnt they make a game in places and times people would love to explore?

Rugterwyper32
12-11-2012, 01:32 AM
At the same time, paying too much attention to the fans can also be a mistake. SEGA is a great example, fans wanted a Shadow game, and if you don't follow the Sonic series, just let me tell you: It didn't end well. I believe they should stick to what they find works.
That being said, I agree about WWI not being a good setting with him, it's too modern for the series and I honestly don't want the series to move past the mid-1800. But Japan and Egypt would work wonders if done right. Of course, he talked about Feudal Japan, maybe we could see an era of Japan not often seen? Who knows. There are many options, and given good enough research and work put into them, they can make it work.

VitaminsXYZ
12-11-2012, 01:39 AM
Actually, if there was to be an AC set in Asia, I'd rather it be in Southeast Asia. China and Japan I feel are a bit overdone in games and media in general. And plus, I'd love to be able to climb on top of the Angkor Wat. lol

Lightpex
12-11-2012, 01:41 AM
Feudal Japan would be the best thing to ever happen to Assassin's Creed.

What do you need for a good AC game? Lets see...

Rich History? Check
Lots of weapons? Check. (non gun)
Interesting time? Check.
Potential Assassins? Check. (ninjas)
Interesting historical figures? Check.
Explorable areas that are beautiful? Check CHECK.
Historical wars? Check. (samurai vs ninja korea vs japan ect)
Potential location of pieces of Eden? Check.
Rich cultural significance? CHECK.
Epic weaponry? CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

Any objections?

silvermercy
12-11-2012, 01:48 AM
Japan sounds one of the best indeed. However, the only objection could be that it's indeed overdone...

Staple-Tape
12-11-2012, 01:59 AM
No Japan. No ninjas.

Black_Widow9
12-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Please post this here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609

Thanks