PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me ?

USA_SnowTiger
12-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Or does AC3 actually SUCK ?

They just had to go and play with and change Keyboard Settings so I can't possibly configure the way I have for every other game I have ever played (short of COD MW).
And NO ... I don't want to use a Controller. If I did, I'd go buy a Game Console. But since I have played computer games since the early '90's, I'd rather stick to using the Keyboard and Mouse ... with My Own i.e. Custom Configuration.

I'm still early in the game. Currently "trying" to get through "Infiltrating Southgate" and I'll be ****ed if I can get through it without being discovered.

I don't know about any of you but I find this "clunky" in some ways and too difficult in others.
I actually enjoyed all the previous AC versions ... but I am seriously considering packing AC3 in for good already.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this crap ?

Kraschman2010
12-11-2012, 03:33 AM
Or does AC3 actually SUCK ?

They just had to go and play with and change Keyboard Settings so I can't possibly configure the way I have for every other game I have ever played (short of COD MW).
And NO ... I don't want to use a Controller. If I did, I'd go buy a Game Console. But since I have played computer games since the early '90's, I'd rather stick to using the Keyboard and Mouse ... with My Own i.e. Custom Configuration.

I'm still early in the game. Currently "trying" to get through "Infiltrating Southgate" and I'll be ****ed if I can get through it without being discovered.

I don't know about any of you but I find this "clunky" in some ways and too difficult in others.
I actually enjoyed all the previous AC versions ... but I am seriously considering packing AC3 in for good already.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for this crap ?

Perhaps you are.

I've been playing games and using computers since 1981 and I wouldn't dream of playing a game like this without a controller. I wouldn't play a flight sim without a decent joystick with a throttle and maybe a rudder. You use the right tool for the right job.I also have a PS3 and got AC3 for it, but for the PC I'm using a Rumblepad from Logitech (since it emulates the PS3 controller so well)..

A keyboard and mouse are simply too digital for this kind of game and don't allow for the fine touch of movement control a controller offers.

Damian_Adelle
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Both of you are right, this game sucks in some ways, and this game would be really difficult to go all through without a 360 controller, because trying to lockpick doors/chests with the mouse is IMPOSSIBLE, and CoD being a FPS game, is 100% better with keyboard/mouse (like all we learned from the father of FPS, Doom). Forget the clumsy controllers, the game is a bugfest, is like I have played again STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, it had small annoying bugs, some medium bugs who just pissed you off, and really REALLY bad bugs like losing all your save data. I am also convinced, AS2 was way better in every aspect.

Black_Widow9
12-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Please make sure you contact Ubisoft Support and let them know of any issues you are having.
http://support.ubisoft.com/

After that please feel free to post this here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727556-Assassin-s-Creed-3-PC-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*

Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)

Thanks