PDA

View Full Version : Defeating Jagers - Boston Brawlers Challenge

SenseHomunculus
12-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi all - I'm stuck on the BB Challenge to kill 10 Jagers with their own weapons. I got 3 really quickly and now I think they're on to me! :mad:

I have no trouble attracting them once I've established notoriety. I find a flat rooftop (I'm in Boston currently), mainly so I can keep a wall to my back, and wait for them to climb up to meet me. Problem is that there's usually 3 or 4 at once and I get nailed immediately. I can disarm the first one but then when I attack him (using X button on the Xbox controller) he can deflect it even though he's unarmed. I can't seem to get past him, and then his companion Jagers attack me. I also planned to throw a smoke bomb once I disarm him, but cannot while carrying their weapon, even though it's just a one-handed sword. If I make smoke bombs active in my tool slot I drop their weapon and then they pick it up again. I must have lucked out with the first 3, not sure what to do from here.

Thanks in advance everyone!!

cmrggamer
12-10-2012, 08:45 PM
To fight Jagers I counter (X), take their weapon (A) and then I think I usually hit the X button, but if they're deflecting you wait again for them to try and attack and then hit the break defense (A) and then start pressing the attack (X) button.
I haven't completed all of the challenges yet, though. Good luck!

SenseHomunculus
12-10-2012, 08:47 PM
To fight Jagers I counter (X), take their weapon (A) and then I think I usually hit the X button, but if they're deflecting you wait again for them to try and attack and then hit the break defense (A) and then start pressing the attack (X) button.
I haven't completed all of the challenges yet, though. Good luck!

Thanks for the hints, I'll try them. What about not being able to use a tool like smoke bombs while holding the Jagers' sword? Is that a bug, does anyone know?

psf22
12-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Several options on how to complete this task.

The easiest way imo is using a combination of the rope dart for the quick knockdown and using fists to run and stomp them after they're on the ground. If you're surrounded and barraged by multiple jagers/enemies just run away a few meters (not completely away) such that you're no longer surrounded and start using the ropedart from there.
The knockdown take-outs with fists after using the ropedart are a lot faster and in your favor because you can also keep countering them in case they attack you, by disarming them and using their own weapon against them.

It's even possible to *Bruce Lee parry them when they attack you (*attack as they attack and you will win), but the timing on that is quite strict.

Also using bombs can help you out for multiple kills or if you need a breather.

Decan.Dk
12-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Where can i find these?
I have completed the game and missing a few % on DNA sync.

cmrggamer
12-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Where can i find these?

The Jagers? I'm pretty sure getting to level 3 notoriety makes them appear

SenseHomunculus
12-12-2012, 02:02 AM
Where can i find these?

If you get to notoriety level 2 they'll eventually find you, especially if you have an on-going conflict with other regulars, etc. They're the guys with the green-ish coats and the face coverings. They're tough ba$tards!! For example, they'll take 2 bullets to bring down and a rope dart barely fazes them.