PDA

View Full Version : Decade Long loading times (PC)?

Portugnio
12-10-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm typing whilst the game loads for the past 10 minutes. It's so long. It's incredible that I've stuck to waiting through these load screens to play the actual game. And when I actually get to playing? Every time I run too quick around an area, like the Frontier, the game needs to quickly load the area for me so I'm stuck there for another odd 3 seconds as it quickly renders everything.

My PC is half-decent, and everything passes with flying colors bar the GFX card that isn't very good but not very bad itself either.

Anyway, help?

My specs:
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 51 C
Thuban 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 646MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4N68T V2 (AM3) 59 C
Graphics
Generic Non-PnP Monitor (1280x960@70Hz)
1023MB GeForce GT 520 (nVidia) 45 C
Hard Drives
233GB MD02500- BQDW-RO SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-222AB SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

rmartinezdl
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
idk about your vid card, but still even if you hve a decent hardware game is horribly optimized for SP, MP runs great, so yeah nothing you can do except buy more dlc? i think lol

FC3 (runs as good as bf3) (yes I can run bf3 but I cant run AC3 cuz OMGZZZZ MY PC IS NOT GUUD,) FC3 is awesome, get that game instead, ask for a refund and spend some money there.

Portugnio
12-10-2012, 10:11 PM
|^ Thing is I sorted really REALLY wanted this game with a passion. I have an X360 but it's a console so **** that noise.

Any other solutions?

YazX_
12-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Loading time has nothing to do with video card, its about RAM and HDD/SSD speed, i noticed that your RAM speed is too low, DDR3 should be at least 800 MHz, you might consider looking into your memory modules and set the right bus speed for them.

Another thing to check is your HDD, consider to do a checkdisk and defrag as well.

Portugnio
12-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Loading time has nothing to do with video card, its about RAM and HDD/SSD speed, i noticed that your RAM speed is too low, DDR3 should be at least 800 MHz, you might consider looking into your memory modules and set the right bus speed for them.

Another thing to check is your HDD, consider to do a checkdisk and defrag as well.

Memory bus speed? Is this something I can freely edit w/out having to pay for anything new?

If so, how do I go about editing them?

YazX_
12-11-2012, 02:37 PM
First of all you need to know the model number and manufacturer of your RAM Modules, then search google for the correct bus speed and latency values.

Once you grabbed those, you need to get to Bios and change them, and yes memory bus speed is usually unlocked on most of mainboards, but still you need to check your mainboard manufacturer as well. BUT beware, if you set a higher value than the RAM is designed to work with, you will encounter alot of BSODs and windows crashes.

Portugnio
12-11-2012, 07:15 PM
First of all you need to know the model number and manufacturer of your RAM Modules, then search google for the correct bus speed and latency values.

Once you grabbed those, you need to get to Bios and change them, and yes memory bus speed is usually unlocked on most of mainboards, but still you need to check your mainboard manufacturer as well. BUT beware, if you set a higher value than the RAM is designed to work with, you will encounter alot of BSODs and windows crashes.

Can I wing it and try setting it to 800 and seeing if it crashes or not? If so, can't I just set it back to 633 and chill out? Are there any negative effects to this and when would a problem arise if it exists?

Godz_Mercenary
12-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Can I wing it and try setting it to 800 and seeing if it crashes or not? If so, can't I just set it back to 633 and chill out? Are there any negative effects to this and when would a problem arise if it exists?

If you set it above what it should be a crash will be what you get if you're lucky. You could just end up blowing the memory up. Check the make and model of your RAM and find the speed. Should be on the sticker on your RAM stick.

And yes you can reset your RAM to standard speeds by resetting the motherboard battery if it won't start or something. But don't go in the BIOS if you don't know what you're doing.

Portugnio
12-11-2012, 11:25 PM
If you set it above what it should be a crash will be what you get if you're lucky. You could just end up blowing the memory up. Check the make and model of your RAM and find the speed. Should be on the sticker on your RAM stick.

And yes you can reset your RAM to standard speeds by resetting the motherboard battery if it won't start or something. But don't go in the BIOS if you don't know what you're doing.

Taking a look over what my PC's been doing these past weeks, I reckon part of the problem relies on the fact that my HDD has been doomed to fail; it's on critical condition according to Crystaldiskinfo, and the partitions of it are ****ed. I'm gonna get a new HDD for Christmas. I suppose I couldn't have picked a better date to get my PC to kick the bucket

YazX_
12-12-2012, 04:35 PM
I advise you to get an SSD as well, there is huge performance gain over HDD, so get HDD instead of the one is failing and a 128 GB SSD for your operating system and games, 128 GB is cheap these days -around 90$-.

Portugnio
12-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I advise you to get an SSD as well, there is huge performance gain over HDD, so get HDD instead of the one is failing and a 128 GB SSD for your operating system and games, 128 GB is cheap these days -around 90$-.

I presume you're agreeing that my problem should be down to my crappy HDD? I've had a problem since I first got the PC regarding hanging on the Windows logo, before occasionally re-booting or just taking a while to load before finally connecting. What do you reckon?

Portugnio
12-13-2012, 10:52 PM
bump

YazX_
12-15-2012, 11:17 AM
its very likely, but first do checkdisk and defrag to make sure.