PDA

View Full Version : No pivot displayed in trinagulated area

GaunerKubo
12-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Hello all,

I need to find last pivot, it is located in New York on the east in docks. I used my pivots to triangulate the area where it should be. I triangulated this green area to quite small size to find it easily. Problem is that this area covers only water. When I enter this trinagulated area there is no square with dot in it which represent current position of the pivot. Does anybody have the similar problem? Were you able to find out a way how to get this pivots?

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
SInce the pivots are reset from time to time, why not try sometiems later? Maybe it will show up at some other non-bugged place?

psf22
12-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Was I like completely lucky or what?

All my pivots were in the most accessible places. On top of a barn. In the middle of a corn field. On top of a mountain. Fort checkpoints. Frontier entries etc.

I would almost think that the random spawning thing is just a myth.

MT4K
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Pivots are placed by other players. Who in turn are looking for their own. A pivot placed for triangulation by another player is a pivot somebody else has to find.

That's the way i believe it works anyway.

psf22
12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Pivots are placed by other players. Who in turn are looking for their own. A pivot placed for triangulation by another player is a pivot somebody else has to find.

That's the way i believe it works anyway.

I see so that's the clue. So if I were to remove them to narrow the search then it would disappear (on their map) before anyone got to it first? Also if someone did get it, then it would still be there because I'm using it as my 'own' pivot to search for others.

^^Just to be clear.

MT4K
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
I can't say for 100% sure, but that's my understanding of how i think it works. I know the Pivots are placed by other players though so it makes sense. The only Pivots you place yourself are when placing them for triangulation :p.

Which is also how some jerks have placed them in unreachable places and stopped people from finishing them.

psf22
12-10-2012, 03:12 PM
I can't say for 100% sure, but that's my understanding of how i think it works. I know the Pivots are placed by other players though so it makes sense. The only Pivots you place yourself are when placing them for triangulation :p.

Which is also how some jerks have placed them in unreachable places and stopped people from finishing them.

The bastards!
Guess I was just lucky, I found them in arguably less than 30 minutes yet I see numerous topics and video comments about pivots stuck in the most random places.

Locopells
12-10-2012, 07:43 PM
I did want to hit the guy who put one on top of the Boston Beacon...

GaunerKubo
12-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I have seen a lot of videos on youtube where players could see their pivots but were unable to grab them. But my problem is a little bit different. I trinagulated area where it should be, this is very small to be sure to find it, but there is no marker (square with dot inside) for pivot placed in my minimap to get it.

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I had one inside an uncleared fort. Apart from that, all else were easy for me.

Kaswa101
12-11-2012, 07:55 PM

I'm one of the victims. :p

Have been for two weeks now, and no word from Ubisoft at all. :(

GaunerKubo
12-12-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm one of the victims. :p

Have been for two weeks now, and no word from Ubisoft at all. :(
Well, that is the way how Ubisoft cares about their customers :(

Kaswa101
12-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Well, that is the way how Ubisoft cares about their customers :(

I was expecting them to announce a patch by now, at the very least...