PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who hates Connor ?

D.u.D.s
12-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I hate everything about him, he is a dull character who is poorly developed storywise with the look of a brute, wich makes the captain kidd outfit invaluable seeing as it is the only outfit that gives him a more skinny look making him look more like his predecessors

EscoBlades
12-10-2012, 12:47 PM
You "hate" him? What did he physically or emotionally do wrong to you?

daniel.united
12-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Nope. He sucks. He's boring, he has no sense of humor and he's not sexy..

Legendz54
12-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Oh here's another one.. First post rage thread, so tired of seeing these... To answer your question your probably not the only one who hates Connor, but he is my favourite Assassin and his story much better then cliche Ezio.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 12:52 PM
>> Am I the only one who hates Connor ? <<

Yes, you are.

montagemik
12-10-2012, 01:04 PM
I hate everything about him, he is a dull character who is poorly developed storywise with the look of a brute, wich makes the captain kidd outfit invaluable seeing as it is the only outfit that gives him a more skinny look making him look more like his predecessors

You see the Captain Kidd outfit as invaluable ?? (seems like a naff gimmick suit to me)

You claim poorly developed & looking like a Brute ? - He's a typical looking Native american indian , Not a rich italian aristocrat or a Middle eastern warrior ..............So why would he have their looks / physique ??
Maybe your understanding of the different Ancestors cultures & lifetstyle is the problem.

But it's obviously a well thought out balanced conclusion you've come to - Sorry connor's not to your liking.

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
he is a dull character who is poorly developed storywise with the look of a brute, wich makes the captain kidd outfit invaluable seeing as it is the only outfit that gives him a more skinny look making him look more like his predecessors

All I read is your personal dislike for him. Sorry mate, he isn't dull, or poorly developed or a brute. It is just you simply didn't like him. I did however. To me he is the best assassin to grace the series and one of the most tragic heroes in recent gaming history.

psf22
12-10-2012, 01:35 PM
>> Am I the only one who hates Connor ? <<

Yes, you are.

You beat me to it gurl

Felix-Vivo
12-10-2012, 01:42 PM

Did you...

Connor? Not sexy?

:/

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_memips4mFd1qf9z8p.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mduhutf2Dl1r5aajao2_r2_500.gif

This man?

He's, like, the sexiest one yet.

In my opinion, anyway.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Did you...

Connor? Not sexy?

:/

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_memips4mFd1qf9z8p.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mduhutf2Dl1r5aajao2_r2_500.gif

This man?

He's, like, the sexiest one yet.

In my opinion, anyway.

He's completely buff - and some of that naivety is attractive in a way too. To each their own but I wouldn't exactly see it as a legit reason to "hate" the character.
I don't expect that every assassin in the DNA line is Hott. lol

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM
:S I'm a guy and I too confirm he is the sexiest assassin yet. The aura as he walks about in the cutscenes, with his ponytail and braid, is amazing.

MT4K
12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Girls like Connor? Assassin_M should get himself that same look :p.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Girls like Connor? Assassin_M should get himself that same look :p.

The Mowhawk look? :rolleyes: Maybe with some Prison gear? hehe

Oh and let's not forget his thigh high boots ladies : )~

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
lololol M.. time to shave off your hair xD

zerluleaves
12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
I love him= =

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Funny. A thread designed to bash Connor has turned into the Connor sex appeal thread. Strange are the ways of the interwebz..

silvermercy
12-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Being female (and from the extreme fangirling I've seen on other sites) I think I'm extremely qualified to say that Connor is the sexiest assassin so far. XD hehe... Keep making sexy assassins Ubisoft and we'll be buying AC!!! LOL

The dullness is just an illusion that could have been easily remedied had Connor more sequences under his belt.

silvermercy
12-10-2012, 02:34 PM
Funny. A thread designed to bash Connor has turned into the Connor sex appeal thread. Strange are the ways of the interwebz..
People are just jealous of his sex appeal. LOL :p

psf22
12-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Why not just add to the positivity here?

I think he's the hottest too. I find it funny how some guys (maybe girls too?) are saying that he's TOO buff. Like really? That's seen as a negative now, being buff?

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Being female (and from the extreme fangirling I've seen on other sites) I think I'm extremely qualified to say that Connor is the sexiest assassin so far. XD hehe... Keep making sexy assassins Ubisoft and we'll be buying AC!!! LOL

The dullness is just an illusion that could have been easily remedied had Connor more sequences under his belt.

We'd rather you didn't talk about anything under his belt . :rolleyes:

psf22
12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Hahahaha

silvermercy
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
We'd rather you didn't talk about anything under his belt . :rolleyes:

ahahaaa!! I forget I'm not on Tumblr anymore. And I didn't even say that on purpose! LMAO!!

Anyways I think this is Connor's reaction to his haters:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mesfx9YfXw1rx0lai.gif

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Why not just add to the positivity here?

I think he's the hottest too. I find it funny how some guys (maybe girls too?) are saying that he's TOO buff. Like really? That's seen as a negative now, being buff?

Exactly. Even tho I loved Ezio's escapades, I think it's a hott concept that he's this buff assassin that's on the naive side & isn't ho-ing himself out. Not that I wouldn't mind that he found a female interest.

psf22
12-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Exactly. Even tho I loved Ezio's escapades, I think it's a hott concept that he's this buff assassin that's on the naive side & isn't ho-ing himself out. Not that I wouldn't mind that he found a female interest.

I agree with your perspective, it's the total package. (Not below the belt talk here)

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mesfx9YfXw1rx0lai.gif

LOLOLOLOL That part cracked me up xD His facial reaction..

kuled2012
12-10-2012, 02:51 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgd4fYiEY1qctrupo3_500.gif

psf22
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
LOL @ all these random gifs appearing out of the blue!

'We' could start/continue by replying in gifs

LightRey
12-10-2012, 03:44 PM
*points at OP and laughs*

RatonhnhakeFan
12-10-2012, 04:02 PM
lmao @ not sexy

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdg2sqzHr41rgemwuo1_400.gif

Would tap that all night long <3

Lady_Xelles
12-10-2012, 04:15 PM
only real 'issue' I felt with Connor was his lack of emotion during certain scenes.

*SPOILER*
When he killed his brother, his father.. and then found Achilles dead, no matter how beautiful the music was making me feel his overall lack of emotion bugged me. Just one tear and I'd be satisfied. I mean common, he lost almost everything and he can't even cry.
*END OF SPOILER*

Other than that, he is very sexy (with the exception of his new haircut but that's my opinion, I love men with long hair), he has good depth overall and has a great story to him, and well thought out.

*side note: how the hell DID Haytham even know he had a son, let alone who he was or his name?

RatonhnhakeFan
12-10-2012, 04:22 PM
*side note: how the hell DID Haytham even know he had a son, let alone who he was or his name?He did research and put the info together after Ratonhnhaké:ton appeared on Templar radar when he started killing important figures. At least that's how I think it happened. Honestly though, this part of the story (as well as how/from who exactly Ratonhnhaké:ton knew about Haytham) was incredibly poorly explained in the game.

zMrFahrenheit
12-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I think Connor is the most awesome Assassin yet, mainly because of his brutality. Not to mention his sexiness HAHAHA. Anywayz, I wouldn't mind having another game with him, but I would also like to have an female Assassin(besides Aveline, since I don't have a PSVita), and preferably hot.
And, to end this reply, here is Connor smiling:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me27diKY3o1r90faso1_400.png

ACfan443
12-10-2012, 04:47 PM
lmao @ not sexy

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdg2sqzHr41rgemwuo1_400.gif

Would tap that all night long <3

Hahahahaha

On a serious note, Connor is realistic, his village was burned down and mother killed by people he mostly interacts with, it's not like he's going to be happy and charming towards them.
He's also out of place, he's a Native American surrounded by white people, it's completely normal for him to be socially awkward.

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 04:48 PM
He did research and put the info together after Ratonhnhaké:ton appeared on Templar radar when he started killing important figures. At least that's how I think it happened. Honestly though, this part of the story (as well as how/from who exactly Ratonhnhaké:ton knew about Haytham) was incredibly poorly explained in the game.

Connor knew about Haytham from his mentor. I don't see any problems there. Plus his mother knew of Haytham's profession as well. As for Haytham knowing about Connor, the Templars have eyes and ears everywhere. Maybe in the homestead as well. Connor himself speculated at the start of the sequence, how the Templars would know of the Assassins now that he is on his killing spree. Everything doesn't need to be spoonfed.. :P

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 04:58 PM
let me get 2 things straight:

1. The OP hates Connor because he is bigger than ezio and Altair?
2. Girls thinks Connor is the sexist Assassin? that's ironic considering ezio was suppose to be the girl magnet LOL.

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Girls thinks Connor is the sexist Assassin?

A cue for us maybe? :rolleyes:

And LOL @ your sig. xD

UrDeviant1
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Ya'll think Connor Is sexier than Ezio? This sunrises me.

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
I will never understand women. girls think Connor is sexier than ezio. As a man, i really never thought about it. but still i assumed ezio would be more popular with the ladies. Guess it is once again, Connor for the win

silvermercy
12-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Actually, in my experience, Connor is more popular with fan girls right now exactly because he's NOT a playboy like Ezio. LOL So despite Connor being a new assassin he's more popular with the ladies for this reason. His awkwardness is just adorable. Daawwww...

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:34 PM
So socially awkward people are popular with the ladies?

*takes notes*

silvermercy
12-10-2012, 05:36 PM

*takes notes*

It helps to have Connor's looks, skills etc obviously. LOL

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:36 PM

*takes notes*

*looks over pirates1802 shoulder. copies his notes*

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
It helps to have Connor's looks, skills etc obviously. LOL

Ok.. so a socially awkward good-looking guy. Hmm..

*takes moar notes*

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
*looks over pirates1802 shoulder. copies his notes*

phack you.. do your own research man -_-

Rugterwyper32
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
I find it hilarious how people complain Connor is too buff. You know what would bother me? If Connor looked like this

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120704065921/fma/images/7/7e/Vlcsnap-2012-07-04-02h50m15s84.png

Now THAT would be a little too buff for just about everyone's liking, I'm guessing.
But yeah, Connor's honestly my favorite assassin to date. It's all about the subtle details about him, there's so much he expresses with so little. People call him dull and unemotional, but he just doesn't outwardly show it, it takes some attention to notice such details. Ezio all the way during AC2 felt like the type of guy I'd like to punch in the face given the chance because he annoyed me so much. Reminded me of some people back in school I disliked. He got a lot better in Brotherhood and Revelations, though, but when I first played AC2 I far preferred Altair to him.

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
phack you.. do your own research man -_-

sure thing dude!

* when pirate looks away, continues to copy his notes from over his shoulder*

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:41 PM
So what happens if someone doesn't have Connor's looks? What other things can he compensate with?

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
So what happens if someone doesn't have Connor's looks? What other things can he compensate with?
A BIG LONG D-.....wow. almost said something i'd regret

MT4K

You could always try stalking them :p.

roostersrule2
So what happens if someone doesn't have Connor's looks? What other things can he compensate with?Money and well I think you know what else. Also hidden blades.

pirate1802
sure thing dude!

* when pirate looks away, continues to copy his notes from over his shoulder*

*Secretly introduces crap stuff in his research*

So women like William? Nice...

silvermercy
12-10-2012, 05:44 PM

Having Haytham's looks? lol
Well, ok, seriously, I'm sure it helps having a great sense of humor, being polite. Looks are subjective anyway.

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:45 PM
*Secretly introduces crap stuff in his research*

So women like William? Nice...

*contiues to copy notes unsuspectingly. wonders mildly what william has to do with connor. shakes off the thought and continues copying*

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:46 PM
I look like Nikolai from CoD: MW2 :|

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
appaerantly i look like a mix between bob marely and larry fitzgarld :/

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
*contiues to copy notes unsuspectingly. wonders mildly what william has to do with connor. shakes off the thought and continues copying*

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/011/296/success_baby.jpg?1251168454

CalgaryJay
12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
appaerantly i look like a mix between bob marely and larry fitzgarld :/

You should talk to him. After what happened to the Cards yesterday, he'd probably be more than happy to do a prince & the pauper type switcheroo with you.

Haha and this thread is not what I expected. And fyi for those taking Connor how to be a player notes, I think its got more to do with his increased bulk/aggression over Ezio, than his shy personality.

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
You should talk to him. After what happened to the Cards yesterday, he'd probably be more than happy to do a prince & the pauper type switcheroo with you.

Haha and this thread is not what I expected. And fyi for those taking Connor how to be a player notes, I think its got more to do with his increased bulk/aggression over Ezio, than his shy personality.

the cards need to get their heads out of their @@@ and finally get larry a real quarterback. the years he has kurt warner he was the best in the league, and they had the best offense AND they went to a superbowl. when will they realize they have suck quarterbacks as of now?

CalgaryJay
12-10-2012, 06:13 PM
the cards need to get their heads out of their @@@ and finally get larry a real quarterback. the years he has kurt warner he was the best in the league, and they had the best offense AND they went to a superbowl. when will they realize they have suck quarterbacks as of now?

But you've got Kevin Kolb, and gave up a young, Pro Bowl CB to get him ;)

Ya I hear ya, ever since Warner retired they've been junk. I feel bad for Fitz, they should just trade him at this point. Best WR in the league not named Megatron, and no-one can get him the ball. Such a waste of an elite talent.

jenyto
12-10-2012, 06:30 PM
To whoever said that Connor lacked emotion on some scenes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Helldragonflie/1-2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Helldragonflie/2-1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Helldragonflie/3-1.png

Maybe it's just me who can see the sadness that are in those eyes, they don't need to be full of tear for me to tell how sorry he is that he had to take down his friend.
There are times that, when too much has happened, you just can't cry. And I think being unable to cry is even more tragic.

And just on the topic, I do think he is rather sexy and I like him as a character. But I certainly wouldn't date him.
Perhaps too serious, and I do like a man who can make my laugh non stop and be a opposite to my own seriousness. ;)

RatonhnhakeFan
12-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Actually, in my experience, Connor is more popular with fan girls right now exactly because he's NOT a playboy like Ezio. LOL So despite Connor being a new assassin he's more popular with the ladies for this reason. His awkwardness is just adorable. Daawwww...
Not just with gurls :p

ProletariatPleb
12-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Connor doesn't have emotions?

http://i.imgur.com/0vM14.png

http://i.imgur.com/F29Hu.jpg

Lol.

Lightpex
12-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Do I "love" Connor? No. Do I "Hate" Connor? Nope.

He was a great character, was Ezio better, yes, but he was a different kind of character. Simple as that.
No need for the hate.

Sushiglutton
12-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Didn't hate Connor, thought he was ok and I wouldn't mind one more game with him. Liked Ezio more though. Tbh I thought the voice acting for Connor was pretty mediocre. Too monotone in general, but some lines were shouted in an annoying way to try an squeeze in a bit of emotion. I liked the looks much more than the voice.

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Good to see my glitch getting famous :)

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Too monotone in general..

Thats how natives speak. I wonder if it was intentional. Probably yes.

ProletariatPleb
12-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Thats how natives speak. I wonder if it was intentional. Probably yes.
It is actually, I've come to find out that showing emotions was considered a sign of weakness hence the way he speaks. I think you and I can understand that a bit piratewa.

kuled2012
12-10-2012, 07:13 PM
To whoever said that Connor lacked emotion on some scenes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Helldragonflie/1-2.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Helldragonflie/2-1.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/Helldragonflie/3-1.png

Maybe it's just me who can see the sadness that are in those eyes, they don't need to be full of tear for me to tell how sorry he is that he had to take down his friend.
There are times that, when too much has happened, you just can't cry. And I think being unable to cry is even more tragic.

And just on the topic, I do think he is rather sexy and I like him as a character. But I certainly wouldn't date him.
Perhaps too serious, and I do like a man who can make my laugh non stop and be a opposite to my own seriousness. ;)this scene made me so sad :(

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 07:14 PM
It is actually, I've come to find out that showing emotions was considered a sign of weakness hence the way he speaks. I think you and I can understand that a bit piratewa.

True enough sidwa..

Ancient Attero
12-10-2012, 07:22 PM

A man that is not driven by vengeance but injustice who seeks a higher order in order for all to be free and fought along side those who felt the same. And in a story that is set in the American Revolution where he must struggle with doing right by his people and the colonies. And even in the end he is not able to save them after all he has done.

No, i see your point. Hey guys, i hate Connor too.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I think Connor is the most awesome Assassin yet, mainly because of his brutality. Not to mention his sexiness HAHAHA. Anywayz, I wouldn't mind having another game with him, but I would also like to have an female Assassin(besides Aveline, since I don't have a PSVita), and preferably hot.
And, to end this reply, here is Connor smiling:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me27diKY3o1r90faso1_400.png

LOL!! This has turned out to be the best rant thread around here :D :p
& I SO agree w/ the female assassin with him - that would be too dreamy to ask for hehe

I agree with your perspective, it's the total package. (Not below the belt talk here)

LOL - & thanks for specifying that http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/redface.png

>> http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by silvermercy http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8784367#post8784367)

<<

Mmmm hmmmm. Exactly. There's definitely something to that.... kinda like you'd be special if he was actually attracted to you - - or....
a quality person w/ some inegrity that probly wouldn't be a cheater. Something deeper like that maybe. But I like the naive thing - haven't thought thru why tho. Altho alot of times what you're attracted to in the beginning turns out to be annoying later on hahha

Felix-Vivo
12-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Connor has a good mix of personality traits that women like. He's very shy and polite but he has his 'fiery side' and he has a lot of very cute little quirks about him. And he has a nice face too. I think that's why we like him :)

Plus, Ezio was a such a player in his early years, and - I hate to say it - seemed to see women as a means to an end sometimes :/ Connor, if you listen to all his conversations, says some really adorable things about how he doesn't have a wife because he wouldn't have time to be a good husband.

It makes the heart melt....

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 08:19 PM
^ Agree.
I would love to know the women's choice btwn. Ezio & Connor. Totally different characters....
? Would that make a good poll or would it be stupid?

kuled2012
12-10-2012, 08:51 PM
^ Agree.
I would love to know the women's choice btwn. Ezio & Connor. Totally different characters....

they love him...but they love haytham more

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 08:55 PM
they love him...but they love haytham more

no they don't. If they think connor is sexier than ezio, then he is sexier than haytham... haytham is Ezio Jr. he is literally a nod to a past character.

SixKeys
12-10-2012, 09:03 PM
no they don't. If they think connor is sexier than ezio, then he is sexier than haytham... haytham is Ezio Jr. he is literally a nod to a past character.

Haytham is not like Ezio. He's more serious and sophisticated. The devs have described him as an "evil James Bond" and that description doesn't fit Ezio at all.

FirestarLuva
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
^ Agree.

I'm a girl and I love Connor more. Basically all the things the upper poster said. He's shy, humble, polite, a grounded person, and I love the way he holds his hands together when talking to women. That's my favourite part about him. I'm usually more into blondes, but Connor is an exception. <3 :P And the fact he has hazel eyes, just like mine, yay! :D And I love guys with mohawks. Ever since they found out Connor is a Mohawk, all the guys in my class shaved like him. Not completely bald like Connor, but still, mohawks. :P
Also, someone said how Connor never cried during deaths. Wrong. When Haytham said the last words to Connor if you zoom in more closely you can see tears in his eyes. Take a look. I think Connor is meant to be 'dull', melancholic and a depressing character. That's how he's mostly portrayed on promotional posters.

http://i47.tinypic.com/fx6s8m.png

Jexx21
12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Connor's my favorite Assassin yet.

Aveline is the sexiest though. :P

MT4K
12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
I like how all the girls are talking about the traits in Connor they like... In real life girls always choose the jerk over anybody who actually has such traits :p.

Then they complain to the other guy about the person they chose.... ughh.

Felix-Vivo
12-10-2012, 09:51 PM
I like how all the girls are talking about the traits in Connor they like... In real life girls always choose the jerk over anybody who actually has such traits :p.

Nope nope nope, I would choose Connor any day. I have no time for arrogant people (sorry Ezio, but you were) who know they are really hot and use it as an excuse for things.

Assassin_M
12-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Hey

ACfan443
12-10-2012, 09:56 PM

Then they complain to the other guy about the person they chose.... ughh.

I'm getting a subtle vibe that this is something more...personal ;)

she-assassin
12-10-2012, 09:58 PM
I don't find Connor sexy because he's just too darn cute! And those two things don't go together. That's impossible!
Also, I never really cared for Ezio. Altair, on the other hand... :o

Assassin_M
12-10-2012, 10:01 PM
This thread should be an article on the Internet...

MT4K
12-10-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm getting a subtle vibe that this is something more...personal ;)

No comment :rolleyes:.

VitaminsXYZ
12-10-2012, 10:17 PM
This has gone from a hate thread to something downright fabulous. I love it.

Also, for people still doubting his popularity with the ladies, tumblr and deviantart can attest to the legions of fangirls he has. (And if you choose to, go through the tags at your own risk. A lot of NSFW stuff up in there. lol)

tarrero
12-11-2012, 02:23 AM
I like the three of them! Mostly because they are different, how boring if they all have the SAME personality!

dooooooooop
12-11-2012, 02:25 AM
Am I the only one who hates Connor ?

YES

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/315/a/f/non_hairless_lover__part_one_by_creamybumcheeks-d5ko6zn.png

BATISTABUS
12-11-2012, 02:38 AM
What the hell?! LMFAO at this image above me! I'm cracking up xD

Also, spoilers, but here's 16 pages of debate over Connor as a character.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/726877-Why-don-t-you-guys-like-Connor-spoilers

HisShadowX
12-11-2012, 03:05 AM
And I thought AC1's guy was boring and terrible then I met Connor

BATISTABUS
12-11-2012, 03:09 AM
Sorry, you must be thinking of AC1 Altair's voice actor. If you actually payed attention/played the whole game, you would not think he was terrible.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 03:34 AM
I can`t wait to meet you.

NeverThat
12-11-2012, 06:22 AM
The idea of a Native American assassin is dope but Connor's character was nothing memorable. Definitely the most assassin so far. The best thing about his character is his dual wielding combat. "Enjoy your victory Commander....it will be the last I deliver you.'

Aphex_Tim
12-11-2012, 06:43 AM
I love men with long hair

'sup?

SkiesSeven
12-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Connor is kind of a lame personality if we're talking about voice-acting only. But in freeroam and combat I find Connor is the most impressive Assassin yet. He's really tough and sometimes I'm surprised at how well he can fight, or climb, or how fast he can run.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Connor is kind of a lame personality if we're talking about voice-acting only. But in freeroam and combat I find Connor is the most impressive Assassin yet. He's really tough and sometimes I'm surprised at how well he can fight, or climb, or how fast he can run.
Didn't know chicks dig lame personalities..

Aphex_Tim
12-11-2012, 07:14 AM

Thank God, there's still hope. :p

SkiesSeven
12-11-2012, 07:17 AM

Let me be the first to tell you that they do.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Let me be the first to tell you that they do.
You and I are not really the ones to judge...

Ladies ??

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Thank God, there's still hope. :p
For everyone :P

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
You didn't just say that, did you? You can bash Connor and his personality all day long, but never...NEVER say that Altair was a terrible character.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:40 AM
Maybe i like Ezio little more than Connor and like someone said before i am glad thay havent made another Ezio.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
You didn't just say that, did you? You can bash Connor and his personality all day long, but never...NEVER say that Altair was a terrible character.
he had no personality even the head of the Order said he was just a killing Machine it was in his blood which is why he couldn't be controlled

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:47 AM
he had no personality even the head of the Order said he was just a killing Machine it was in his blood which is why he couldn't be controlled
Not the right person to say that to xD

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Not the right person to say that to xD
i have upset worse people in this world like a guy who stabbed me twice for looking at him wrong so i should be okay plus its just the Truth he was an assassin and he really only had feelings after AC when he met Maria but he was an Assassin who would do anything to get the Job done and that was all he knew so did he really have a personality no it was just kill this guy kill that guy kill the next guy no matter what it takes

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Ezio became loyal to the Brotherhood in ACB,just to remind you.

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 10:53 AM
You are a terrible person with little to no ability to analyse a complex character. He was an introvert, just like Connor. That doesn't mean he had no personality, that means he usually guarded his emotions. Just because he wasn't a ladies man, killed people and didn't talk much about his feelings, you can't simply assume he was a cold killer without remorse.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 10:58 AM
You are a terrible person with little to no ability to analyse a complex character. He was an introvert, just like Connor. That doesn't mean he had no personality, that means he usually guarded his emotions. Just because he wasn't a ladies man, killed people and didn't talk much about his feelings, you can't simply assume he was a cold killer without remorse.
Except he let another assassin lose an arm because he rushed into something and didn't acknowledge it till the end of the game he would do whatever it took to accomplish his task no matter who it hurt sounds cold blooded to me

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Except he let another assassin lose an arm because he rushed into something and didn't acknowledge it till the end of the game he would do whatever it took to accomplish his task no matter who it hurt sounds cold blooded to me
It's called character development.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
It's called character development.
however we do not see his Character Develop beyond that i understand why some people might like him he was the first but honestly he is the least human of the Assassin's and the Worst Character. because no one can Relate to him.

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 11:10 AM
however we do not see his Character Develop beyond that i understand why some people might like him he was the first but honestly he is the least human of the Assassin's and the Worst Character. because no one can Relate to him.
Of course, because you know exactly what characters other people can or cannot relate to...

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Of course, because you know exactly what characters other people can or cannot relate to...
lol honestly your hopeless he killed his brothers just because they were under the control of the Apple if he Cared he would of knocked them out and don't say killing them was easier its not really. He only Cares about Completing his mission no matter what the cost. He Grew up with those people for crying out loud.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 11:18 AM
lol honestly your hopeless he killed his brothers just because they were under the control of the Apple if he Cared he would of knocked them out and don't say killing them was easier its not really. He only Cares about Completing his mission no matter what the cost. He Grew up with those people for crying out loud.
I liked Altair more than Ezio...

Does that still make me up to your standards ??

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I liked Altair more than Ezio...

Does that still make me up to your standards ??
i liked him too but my points are Valid if you hate the kind of person who will do anything to get the job done and who has only a Tiny bit of Character progression then i understand where you are coming from. i Believe Altair was the true Assassin because he was the way he was but as for Character he was super bland and She Assassin is saying he was an amazing Character sure after one he was but during AC he was one dimensional

Legendz54
12-11-2012, 11:24 AM
I have posted this before but here is the reason I love Connor.

I just knew the story was going to be really good when I heard the Protagonist was going to be native, Going through the struggles of the colonists and his village while also being the outsider, I could automatically tell he was going to be more like Altair. For the first time i actually really wanted to see Connor kill the Templars for the traumas he caused to his village, I wanted to see Connor grow from that young boy to the brutal Assassin that I knew he was going to be, and I also wanted to see the look on the templars face when they found out it was that boy,

The Templars being associated with his father was also a cool twist. AC3 went back to the AC1 way when the templars thought they were doing good, and made me question If Connor did the right thing. The Homestead brang out a more friendly side to Connor and i really enjoyed playing those.

It is very one minded to think that Connor is dull and boring.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Anyone else want more info about Haytham's time as an Assassin

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Anyone else want more info about Haytham's time as an Assassin

Definetly,and imformation about how he became Templar and why he was soo loyal that he even put his son behind !

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
i liked him too but my points are Valid if you hate the kind of person who will do anything to get the job done and who has only a Tiny bit of Character progression then i understand where you are coming from. i Believe Altair was the true Assassin because he was the way he was but as for Character he was super bland and She Assassin is saying he was an amazing Character sure after one he was but during AC he was one dimensional
You still don't understand, do you? I like him BECAUSE he wasn't flawless. I like him because he used to be an arrogant *** and I also like him because he changed for the better.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
You still don't understand, do you? I like him BECAUSE he wasn't flawless. I like him because he used to be an arrogant *** and I also like him because he changed to better.
I understand. but after the game he changed in the Game he had only one goal and that was to kill his target so you don't Understand why people hate him for that

ProletariatPleb
12-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes well he's an ASSASSIN, what do you want him to cry like a baby and make love while 'avenging his father and brothers' ?

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Altair is very complicated.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Yes well he's an ASSASSIN, what do you want him to cry like a baby and make love while 'avenging his father and brothers' ?
No but some people find lack of emotion hard to relate to hence why people dislike him my point was there are reasons not to like all of the Assassins

ProletariatPleb
12-11-2012, 11:47 AM
No but some people find lack of emotion hard to relate to hence why people dislike him my point was there are reasons not to like all of the Assassins
Yes well that is the kind of way you behave if you're brought up to do one thing your whole life and social interaction is discouraged. That is his character, he did a lot for the order and made some big sacrifices, died sitting on a chair ALL for the sake of the order and the future of the world, I'd say that's some pretty heavy character.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes well that is the kind of way you behave if you're brought up to do one thing your whole life and social interaction is discouraged. That is his character, he did a lot for the order and made some big sacrifices, died sitting on a chair ALL for the sake of the order and the future of the world, I'd say that's some pretty heavy character. Which occurs after we never see his Character grow into something more until Revelations so yeah

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 11:51 AM
I understand. but after the game he changed in the Game he had only one goal and that was to kill his target so you don't Understand why people hate him for that
To be honest, I think that Altair, and to some extent Desmond, are the most realistic characters in the series. They're not perfect. No one is perfect in real life. And that's also the reason why I can't relate to Ezio or Connor, because they're too darn righteous and flawless in their intentions it makes me want to puke. I hope you finally get my point. I don't care if other people hate Altair and Desmond or not, but I do care if someone says they're terrible characters. Because they're not.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 11:56 AM
To be honest, I think that Altair, and to some extent Desmond, are the most realistic characters in the series. They're not perfect. No one is perfect in real life. And that's also the reason why I can't relate to Ezio or Connor, because they're too darn righteous and flawless in their intentions it makes me want to puke. I hope you finally get my point. I don't care if other people hate Altair and Desmond or not, but I do care if someone says they're terrible characters. Because they're not. But Ezio and Connor are far from perfect you just need to look. Ezio killed people who he didn't need to and only joined the order for Revenge thats a horrible reason to join. Connor pretty much joined for Revenge as well. and to protect his people. Neither were Selfless or Flawless in their intentions.

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 12:01 PM
But Ezio and Connor are far from perfect you just need to look. Ezio killed people who he didn't need to and only joined the order for Revenge thats a horrible reason to join. Connor pretty much joined for Revenge as well. and to protect his people. Neither were Selfless or Flawless in their intentions.
But still, compared to Altair they're practically saints.

silvermercy
12-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks for pointing that out! It seems that the stoic and introverted characters are confused to be dull and bland. When they're actually the most badass.
Also, guess which characters are more popular with female gamers from what I've seen so far: Altair and Connor. LOL Ezio is still popular and charming but he's being replaced very fast. So it's either Altair or Connor. Or both. I like both with Connor being my favourite.
It's just a shame Connor had so few sequences for more character development...

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks for pointing that out! It seems that the stoic and introverted characters are confused to be dull and bland. When they're actually the most badass.
Also, guess which characters are more popular with female gamers from what I've seen so far: Altair and Connor. LOL Ezio is still popular and charming but he's being replaced very fast. Yes Thanks for calling me a Terrible person but Altair felt nothing until near the end of AC so i am right i still think he is a Badass and my favorite Assassin but i can also see why some people hate him

silvermercy
12-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Yes Thanks for calling me a Terrible person but Altair felt nothing until near the end of AC so i am right i still think he is a Badass and my favorite Assassin but i can also see why some people hate him
When did I call you a terrible person? What?
I wasn't referring to you in my post.

ProletariatPleb
12-11-2012, 12:12 PM
But Ezio and Connor are far from perfect you just need to look. Ezio killed people who he didn't need to and only joined the order for Revenge thats a horrible reason to join. Connor pretty much joined for Revenge as well. and to protect his people. Neither were Selfless or Flawless in their intentions.
Yes and Ezio did it for selfish reasons, and he almost got everything he ever wanted(stress on almost). He had a life of luxury, his 'tools' were made by a genius inventor.
Altair spent time with a strange artifact from an earlier civilization, capable of brainwashing and mass killing, spent years with it only trying to further the cause of the order, he lost his wife in the process, lost the whole Order and had to reclaim it very late in his life. He is also the reason why Ezio has a lot of his tools.

Connor, yes he did join for selfish reasons initially yet everything thing he did, only drove him away from his goal.

Character does not mean you flaunt about, being flambuoyant, go around making love and wrecking stuff up.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
The best Characters are easy to relate to

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Also, guess which characters are more popular with female gamers from what I've seen so far: Altair and Connor. LOL Ezio is still popular and charming but he's being replaced very fast. So it's either Altair or Connor. Or both. I like both with Connor being my favourite.
It's just a shame Connor had so few sequences for more character development...
Finally someone who understands what I'm trying to say! Introversion is not a personality flaw. The widely popular main protagonists in games are usually extroverts, because for most people it's easier to get attached to someone who shows his emotions. I'm not one of those people. That's why I prefer Altair to Ezio.

silvermercy
12-11-2012, 12:23 PM
The best Characters are easy to relate to

The most formulaic characters are easy to relate to.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Finally someone who understands what I'm trying to say! Introversion is not a personality flaw. The widely popular main protagonists in games are usually extroverts, because for most people it's easier to get attached to someone who shows his emotions. I'm not one of those people. That's why I prefer Altair to Ezio. but you called me a Terrible person :P for not agreeing with you i do Agree to me Altair was amazing

psf22
12-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Common mistake made on here and elsewhere is confusing Personality with Charisma or vice versa.

When someone isn't extrovert and/or charismatic in the 'typical' sense, then it's just summed up as no personality.

silvermercy
12-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Common mistake made on here and elsewhere is confusing Personality with Charisma or vice versa.

When someone isn't extrovert and/or charismatic in the 'typical' sense, then it's just summed up as no personality.
That's EXACTLY what happens and it's a shame.

ProdiGurl
12-11-2012, 01:10 PM
By sequence 9, I see a whole lot of passion and fire from Connor. As anyone who's finding their way, I think he had a sense of wanting justice,but just wasn't a full fledged, matured assassin when he first started out. They've made him very human and maybe that's what gamers dislike? They want the perfect, flawless superhero type.
No matter who Ubi creates, fans will attack & criticize them for whatever reason.

psf22
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
By sequence 9, I see a whole lot of passion and fire from Connor. As anyone who's finding their way, I think he had a sense of wanting justice,but just wasn't a full fledged, matured assassin when he first started out. They've made him very human and maybe that's what gamers dislike? They want the perfect, flawless superhero type.
No matter who Ubi creates, fans will attack & criticize them for whatever reason.

Without spoiling, but especially in hindsight after finishing the game you'll understand it even better how Connor's type of character was perfect for the storyline. It made perfect sense to me, but that's just me.

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 02:29 PM
but you called me a Terrible person :P for not agreeing with you i do Agree to me Altair was amazing
I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you. You're probably not a terrible person at all, and I'm probably just overacting. :o (But still, never say that Altair has no personality again, ok?)

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend you. You're probably not a terrible person at all, and I'm probably just overacting. :o (But still, never say that Altair has no personality again, ok?)

too some people he doesn't but i think he does

TrueAssassin77
12-11-2012, 04:47 PM

i doubt anyone is gonna fault Ezio for killing the people who slaughtered half of his family... not a horrible reason to join. by most people it is considered a justified reason. once again, i will state this: Ezio isn't flawed, that is why he is unrealistic.

Connor didn't join out of revenge. if you pay attention, not once did revenge cross his mind as he went to Achilles house. he did it to protect his people. it just so happened that he was tasked with killing the people who meant to harm his village(or have already harmed it). and that it just so happened that Lee was on the list of people that needed killed. Connor didn't join the brotherhood for revenge, but he is flawed in other areas.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Ezio didnt even rrealise he joined the order ,and revenge is like sweetest joy next to getting a....(you know what)

POP1Fan
12-11-2012, 05:32 PM

I am sure the guy who stabbed you two times just for looking at him can relate to Altair. Too bad they're both fictional.

rooky2222
12-11-2012, 09:57 PM
he doesnt know he is beatiful
thats what makes him beatiful

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I am sure the guy who stabbed you two times just for looking at him can relate to Altair. Too bad they're both fictional. Not really but believe it if you want too lol not gunna try to make you believe

UrDeviant1
12-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Ezio and Connor both had lives outside the order, so It's understandable why they seem to have a lot more going on with their characters compared to Altair. Altair was focused, stoic, and deadly, with a high regard for authority who did (for the most part) everything his elders asked of him. Maybe that's partly why people found him boring. I myself like his no-thrills, get the job done personality.