PDA

View Full Version : Countering Glitch!!! Am I the only one here having Problems with a counter glitch?

Magyar_Wolf
12-10-2012, 10:48 AM
It seems every time I get into combat this happens to me. When using either a sword, blunt weapon, small weapon (tomahawk), or even musket I get into a fight and press the parry button to put it into slow motion (or whatever it is you call it) but from there i have no other option but to wait to slowmo out and I auto push him back and continue fighting. This has gotten so **** stressfull that I feel like destroying the controller in my hand....and a few times almost have especially while taking on a larger force with Jaegers...What Usualy happens is the slowmo ends and it seems as if Connor sheaths the weapon for half a moment and then pulls it back out or when holding a musket/rifle I drop it or swap it with something on the floor. This messes up any counter disarm or anything I could do. Just doesn't let me do anything after the parry.

It doesn't happen all the time but happens often enough to be a MASSIVE pain the *** :mad:. It seems it doesn't happen with the hidden blade or the fists...and my theory is its because those weapons aren't interchangeable.

I've tried not standing around dropped weapons and many other stuff but nothing seams to work.
THIS GLITCH IS KILLING ME! By FAR the worst I've encountered.

Any advice? Anything would Help.

montagemik
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Don't flip out - But it sounds like you might be Mashing the O/B parry button - Just a quick tap of O/B when the Red triangles appear should do it . Then while pushing stick towards enemy Press your Attack / defense or second weapon button.

Mashing the parry button is only reason i can think is causing you to switch weapons - Never have that happen to me.

Jagers mostly need to be countered then defence break instantly X/A before attacking with combo.

Magyar_Wolf
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I do understand the archetype counter process and how to take them all down. My problem is the option doesn't even come up after the parry i hit the break defense, secondary, or counter as much as i want but nothing will happen. I my hit the parry button an extra time and that might cause it...but i do recall a few times I've done it very smoothly and clinically and the same problem occured :/

Thanks for the reply though :)

MT4K
12-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I've had it sometimes not work properly as well. Sometimes it even won't let me counter at all and i have to take a hit because the enemy had no arrow above them and so it wouldn't work. Not a big deal though just a little annoying when it does happen which fortunately isn't too often.

psf22
12-10-2012, 03:08 PM
I've had it sometimes not work properly as well. Sometimes it even won't let me counter at all and i have to take a hit because the enemy had no arrow above them and so it wouldn't work. Not a big deal though just a little annoying when it does happen which fortunately isn't too often.

I think you're (the game) glitching when that happens. I play without HUD/SSI etc, so I always have to watch the animation without any status indicator, and I can usually block/counter/parry or quick attack (Bruce Lee parry) them.

MT4K
12-10-2012, 03:10 PM
I think you're (the game) glitching when that happens. I play without HUD/SSI etc, so I always have to watch the animation without any status indicator, and I can usually block/counter/parry or quick attack (Bruce Lee parry) them.

Yeah i figure it's just glitching a little. Not a big deal though as it doesn't happen that often. Just a little annoying at times. On the plus side though it actualy has me take hits because of it which makes combat seem a little harder lol.

psf22
12-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah i figure it's just glitching a little. Not a big deal though as it doesn't happen that often. Just a little annoying at times. On the plus side though it actualy has me take hits because of it which makes combat seem a little harder lol.

Yeah when I fail I see it is a positive too. Sometimes I get barraged and take out the wrong guy first if you know what I mean. Not to mention meatshielding is a lot tougher without any indication because if you don't pay attention you'll lose 60-80+ health if you get shot, in huge crowded encounters at least.

There's also another thing, but it's mere speculation on my part. If you have all your recruits or basically more than 1, the fights just become harder without even progressing the story.

I played multiple times and I noticed after I was doing the recruiting thing, that I was actually having a lot more problems in fights (in a positive way) than before. Mere speculation but yeah, just throwing it out there.

Magyar_Wolf
12-11-2012, 10:43 AM
I guess there's always a way of looking at it where there's a silver lining. I've also had the no red triangle exclamation thing glitch up for me but that's not too bad, I can still counter without it. Wish there was a patch for the parry/counter problem so I can keep the fluidity of the battle going, but I guess I can live with it. It still is pretty **** annoying though.