PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the next Assassin's Creed will be set during the French Revolution?

killerman_2012
12-10-2012, 06:31 AM
I've played AC3 for second time and I noticed that La Fayette, in an interactive conversation, says to Connor that after the war, he will return to France (La Fayette returned to France on 1782). He also says that he'd like invite him to Paris. La Fayette tells to Connor that Paris is beautiful, but its beauty is rotting inside: "I dream of returning to France its glory", he said (or something like that)...

Also Juno says to Connor in the last sequence: "still you have made a difference... and you will do so again".

Do you think this is a track for an AC3 sequel with Connor during the French Revolution?

daniel.united
12-10-2012, 12:46 PM
I thought about this idea since AC2. I wonder why Ubisoft hasnt done it yet.. its far more intersting than the American Revolution, plus the places there must be amazing. I hope they'll do it in the next AC game.. (:

Metonae
12-10-2012, 01:06 PM
I rather see the Russian Revolution/Assassination on Romanov family in an AC game. The French Revolution started 10 years after the American one. The time between both events seem so... short.

BzkGB
12-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Rumours going around that the next AC game will take place in Brazil. /shrug

CipollaCreed
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
I read some time ago on reddit, from an Ubisoft member, that they want to make the next AC during the WWII.

ace3001
12-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I rather see the Russian Revolution/Assassination on Romanov family in an AC game. The French Revolution started 10 years after the American one. The time between both events seem so... short.There's already The Chain and The Fall with Nikolai Orelov, so I'd rather they go elsewhere. Somewhere new. French revolution is okay, I guess.

I read some time ago on reddit, from an Ubisoft member, that they want to make the next AC during the WWII.Ubisoft clearly mentioned that WWII is out of the question, and I for one am glad about that. Too much guns.

SeeleyBooth72
12-10-2012, 02:30 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_IV Check this!!! :rolleyes:

CipollaCreed
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I personally hope they will not continue with Connor, i didn't liked him, can't stand that mohawk in another game.

SeeleyBooth72
12-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I agree with you.I had the hidden blade all the time when I was playing the game.But I will never stop playing Assassin's Creed series.It's the best game I have ever played

AjinkyaParuleka
12-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Well umm...Alex Hutchinson has 2 options like doing trilogies for Rahtohnhake;ton(i love that name from the day i learned how to pronounce it) or British Raj(more british killing if that's the one).Either way both would be fun.

XZAROX
12-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Ever since AC1 I wanted an AC game focused mainly on the present. They gave a few teases over the years with Desmond but it's not enough...

<POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW, DON'T READ UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED AC3>

It would be so amazing if AC4 was set in the present or near future with a new protagonist having to fight both Templars and Juno.

But if you really must use the animus in every single ac, then set it back all the way to 'the ones that came before' era, just like Shaun wanted, to find out how to beat Juno or how to imprison her again or something.

History was fine and interesting, but I think it's about time to move on to more sci-fi stuff.

ace3001
12-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Ever since AC1 I wanted an AC game focused mainly on the present. They gave a few teases over the years with Desmond but it's not enough...

It would be so amazing if AC4 was set in the present or near future with a new protagonist having to fight both Templars and Juno.

But if you really must use the animus in every single ac, then set it back all the way to 'the ones that came before' era, just like Shaun wanted, to find out how to beat Juno or how to imprison her again or something.

History was fine and interesting, but I think it's about time to move on to more sci-fi stuff.
But Assassin's Creed is a historic action/adventure series, not sci-fi or modern warfare. Mainly because it's not a shooter game. Modern or future times would inevitable mean shooting becomes the main form of combat, and that will be like releasing a CoD game based in an old age where there were no guns.

XZAROX
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
But Assassin's Creed is a historic action/adventure series, not sci-fi or modern warfare. Mainly because it's not a shooter game. Modern or future times would inevitable mean shooting becomes the main form of combat, and that will be like releasing a CoD game based in an old age where there were no guns.

Well I always saw it as sci-fi/adventure, and I am not suggesting turning it into a cod FPS at all. Just because a game has firearms, does not mean it is or must be a FPS. It can be a 'climb anything splinter cell game with hidden blades instead of a knife for ritualistic purposes'.
Or it may be something like Saboteur was, which was a mix of AC and GTA, with more focus on stealth.