PDA

View Full Version : Which Assassin's Creed had the best story! (Poll) [spoilers]

pacmanate
12-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Pretty much self explanatory. We have now had 5 games in the Saga so far, which one had the best story in your opinion? Vote and share your reasoning :)

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 10:46 PM
AC1

It was mysterious, sombre and serious. The fruity stuff was at a minimum....although inevitably leading down that road....I still appreciated the absence of Juno, TWCB and all the other end-of-world ********. The game was about the shady dealings of the Templars and the Assassin-Templar war. This gray area was reflected in the Altair segments.

Overall...I loved AC1 because it felt measured, mature and deep. The successive games..not so much.

Elite_scam
12-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Pretty much self explanatory. We have now had 5 games in the Saga so far, which one had the best story in your opinion? Vote and share your reasoning :)

AC2. That ending with Minerva was just perfect...
The overall plot of the game was great. I also liked the character progression in the game.
The glyph puzzles had some amazing storywriting too. It was a really realistic and great way to show the grey areas within highly respected groups and people.

pacmanate
12-09-2012, 10:55 PM
I am personally torn between AC2 and AC:B. Both had amazing stories, yet AC:Bs was too short.

she-assassin
12-09-2012, 10:59 PM
The first game. I don't even know where to start. The ancestor's story AND the modern-day story were exquisite. It had everything - the intriguing plot, the main character's development, morally grey characters, the mystery, the betrayal, the redemption, the deep philosophical discussions, the double (historical and modern) twist and most of all, it had a focus. It actually made you believe that it was just a beginning of something much, much bigger and that it did know where it was going to end. And that is something the other games, apart from maybe AC2, lacked completely.

Turul.
12-09-2012, 11:01 PM
the story is fantastic in 3...but at times the way it is told....not so much

Sushiglutton
12-09-2012, 11:03 PM
I loved to follow Ezio's story in AC2. From the brilliant beginning to the almost as brilliant ending in the Vatican.

AdrianJacek
12-09-2012, 11:04 PM
AC1

It was mysterious, sombre and serious. The fruity stuff was at a minimum....although inevitably leading down that road....I still appreciated the absence of Juno, TWCB and all the other end-of-world ********. The game was about the shady dealings of the Templars and the Assassin-Templar war. This gray area was reflected in the Altair segments.

Overall...I loved AC1 because it felt measured, mature and deep. The successive games..not so much.

Sure...
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/5c/Glyph-Barcode_%26_Date.png
http://www.supercheats.com/guides/assassins-creed/images/7-almualim.jpg

http://areajugones.es/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Warren-vidic-assassins-creed-2-character.jpg

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 11:06 PM
The first game. I don't even know where to start. The ancestor's story AND the modern-day story were exquisite. It had everything - the intriguing plot, the main character's development, morally grey characters, the mystery, the betrayal, the redemption, the deep philosophical discussions, the double (historical and modern) twist and most of all, it had a focus. It actually made you believe that it is just a beginning of something much, much bigger and that it does know where it's going to end. And that is something the other games, apart from maybe AC2, lacked completely.

QFT!

That game warranted your attention. The tone was perfect. I especially loved the Altair-Al Mualim discussions. It was a great tempo they had set up. Altair would learn more about his targets post their death and then present it to Al-Mualim questioning his order. It was great stimulative dialogue.

While I can understand why some may have found it dry and repetitive...I rather enjoyed the heavy focus on the "blurring of the line" in the game and the ambiguity of it all. One thing I liked about AC3 was the theme of duality..and how they made us identify with the Templar cause.

You can't really have a great villain without picking his/her brain. It makes them that much more believable and fleshed out.

ACfan443
12-09-2012, 11:07 PM
It's between AC1 and AC2 for me. AC1 had an awesome, mysterious plot, I loved the way it subtly introduced the modern day plot, such as the scene where Vidic mentioned those who came before, and then that mind f*** ending. I also loved the ambiguity, and the dialogue in the assassination scenes .

Similarly, AC2 also had the mystery with the development of the modern day plot and the glyphs. I liked the plot, but the grey areas were missing and the Templars were made to be completely evil. And ofcourse that awesome ending, yes it was a cliff hanger but it was executed so well and added tons of mystery and mind f***

blazefp
12-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Reasonable poll, too soon...

I just finished AC3 and I believe I'm not alone here. It's just too soon to tell if this has a better story than the others or not, have to make up my mind

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 11:12 PM
AC1

The fruity stuff was at a minimum....although inevitably leading down that road...

Sure...
http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/5/5c/Glyph-Barcode_%26_Date.png
http://www.supercheats.com/guides/assassins-creed/images/7-almualim.jpg

http://areajugones.es/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Warren-vidic-assassins-creed-2-character.jpg

A little comprehension fail there buddy? Its OK...happens to the best of us.

Hey at least it didn't have this:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111202191241/assassinscreed/images/f/f5/The_torch_5.png

SCAgent95
12-09-2012, 11:13 PM
AC1

QFT! the rest of the series just improved the gameplay,combat and the Free-roam activities.

ACfan443
12-09-2012, 11:16 PM
QFT! the rest of the series has better gameplay and Free-roam activities.

Not sure about this. Personally I felt that after AC1, gameplay became too linear.

AdrianJacek
12-09-2012, 11:18 PM
A little comprehension fail there buddy? Its OK...happens to the best of us.

Hey at least it didn't have this:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111202191241/assassinscreed/images/f/f5/The_torch_5.png

I wouldn't call THAT minimum. Plus - that picture? It's the EXACT same thing as Ac1's apple.

SCAgent95
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Not sure about this. Personally I felt that after AC1, gameplay became too linear.

I meant in terms of combat (even though it got to easy) and the free running, the actual missions (assassinations) became too linear as you said.

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I wouldn't call THAT minimum. Plus - that picture? It's the EXACT same thing as Ac1's apple.

LOL compared to the Ezio trilogy thats a tiny tiny amount
apart from the sordid boss-fight I'd like to know when did Altair:

1. Wield the apple in AC1
2. Explore tombs and dungeons and the rest of the platforming nonsense (IMHO)
3. Speak with some "goddess"
4. Save the world from destruction!

Like I said the progression was inevitable...doesn't mean I have to like it. I just cut out all the modern day parts because they are an affront to gaming narrative IMO. The historical segments are pure joy in comparison...and thats why I love them.

"The fate of the world rests upon YOUUuuUUU!!" *yawn* GTFO

SCAgent95
12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
^ i agree i believe the modern parts should be left out, i played the series just for the historical parts.
I was interested on the modern story until AC2 when it started to get boring and cliche.

AdrianJacek
12-09-2012, 11:29 PM
LOL compared to the Ezio trilogy thats a tiny tiny amount
apart from the sordid boss-fight I'd like to know when did Altair:

1. Wield the apple in AC1
2. Explore tombs and dungeons and the rest of the platforming nonsense (IMHO)
3. Speak with some "goddess"
4. Save the world from destruction!

Like I said the progression was inevitable...doesn't mean I have to like it. I just cut out all the modern day parts because they are an affront to gaming narrative IMO. The historical segments are pure joy in comparison...and thats why I love them.

"The fate of the world rests upon YOUUuuUUU!!" *yawn* GTFO

1. Does it matters WHO wields the apple? It works.
2. Solomon's Temple.
3. No one in AC ever spoke to a "goddess", they don'y exist. Oh, you meat the first humans without castrated 6th sense? Okay...
4. So storytelling via simulacrum is uncouth now?

RexNovus
12-09-2012, 11:32 PM
Storywise, the first game was the best but also it's tone was the best. It was dark and gritty, the graphics and cities really made me feel like a part of that medieval culture and society. Starting from AC 2, it all became to colorful, too much sparkle, sunshine and rainbows if you catch my drift. AC II story was good, Ezio was great, graphics and atmosphere couldn't compete with AC 1. Also starting from 2, the whole stealth element was reduced and the game series became action instead of stealth, such a shame.
Brotherhood was ok, Ezio was great as always, amazing setting (got to love Rome), but again too colorful graphics wise, too cartoonish and Lucy got raped at the ending, why was never clarified (except for some dialogues in 3, which didnt make much sense and no, other sources than the games regarding this subject doesn't count, because many don't read/know them). Revelations was everything but revealing, nothing was revealed really, the whole game felt forced, money grabbing, story didn't progress at all.
3 is average, the story is weak, protaganist is weak, ending is very, very weak. I can't understand why anyone would choose 3 over 1 or 2.

BATISTABUS
12-09-2012, 11:34 PM
AC1 or AC3, but I voted for AC1 because I feel Altair had more development than Connor. AC2 definitely had the worst story by far.

Assassin_M
12-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Assassins Creed`s story will always hold a special place in my heart.
did not really connect with AC II`s story.
ACB was crap.
ACR had some interesting returns to concepts such as the grey area..
AC III takes it for me. Way more emotional, Connected better with the Protagonist and had great twists...

Elite_scam
12-09-2012, 11:39 PM
Assassins Creed`s story will always hold a special place in my heart.
did not really connect with AC II`s story.
ACB was crap.
ACR had some interesting returns to concepts such as the grey area..
AC III takes it for me. Way more emotional, Connected better with the Protagonist and had great twists...

Don't you think calling ACB crap is a bit harsh?
The Borgia family is a really interesting and complex family and make for great and memorable antagonists.
The database entries were pretty interesting to read too.

I think AC2's database entries with the videos were the best of all 5 games.
Still don't understand why it didn't return in AC3.

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 11:39 PM
1. Does it matters WHO wields the apple? It works.

Precisely.

2. Solomon's Temple.

Could be Angkor Wat for all I care. A video game tomb/dungeon is a tomb/dungeon.

3. No one in AC ever spoke to a "goddess", they don'y exist. Oh, you meat the first humans without castrated 6th sense? Okay...

Oh lord..did you not see the quotes on Goddess? Eitherway...its - IMO - ****

4. So storytelling via simulacrum is uncouth now?

Big fancy word to substitute for a "cliched, banal plot". It is - again IMO - a joke. A bad joke.

Lets face it.. we'll be doing this for days and it won't end pretty. Lets agree to disagree. You (I'm assuming) like the plot and where the narrative is headed. Which is perfectly fine. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I on the other hand prefer the historical sub-plot (which technically should be the only plot IMO) and feel it is more layered and original.

Assassin_M
12-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Don't you think calling ACB crap is a bit harsh?
The Borgia family is a really interesting and complex family and make for great and memorable antagonists.
The database entries were pretty interesting to read too.

I think AC2's database entries with the videos were the best of all 5 games.
Still don't understand why it didn't return in AC3.
No. It fit ACB`s story perfectly for me. "CRAP"
The story was Hollow...Had no space for questions...Grey area was COMPLETELY gone....Nothing emotional moved me...

Hell for all I care, They could make it with the most interesting family in the world and still have a crappy presentation. that`s what ACB did. Cesare was a whiny baby, Rodrigo was reduced to a Puppet and Lucrezia had so much potential....and they were all EVIL..

Definitely my least favorite story

BATISTABUS
12-09-2012, 11:48 PM
I agree with your criticisms of of Brotherhood, but I still thought it had a lot of "cool" parts. It was basic, but it was also badass. It's certainly not revolutionary, but it did a good job at what (I assume) it set out to accomplish. I prefer it to AC2's story because AC2 basically had no grey area ether, and it wasn't as cool. The best thing about AC2 for me was the cities (and music and Roger Craig Smith).

Assassin_M
12-09-2012, 11:52 PM
I agree with your criticisms of of Brotherhood, but I still thought it had a lot of "cool" parts. It was basic, but it was also badass. It's certainly not revolutionary, but it did a good job at what (I assume) it set out to accomplish. I prefer it to AC2's story because AC2 basically had no grey area ether, and it wasn't as cool. The best thing about AC2 for me was the cities (and music and Roger Craig Smith).
I loved all the games. I tremendously enjoyed each and still play every one from time to time.

When criticizing certain aspects, i`m going to be harsh, because I loved those games. Each game had it`s awesome parts, but I`m currently talking about what I thought made ACB`s story so bad and my least favorite..

It was bad ***, it was awesome, but bad for the reasons mentioned above..It was definitely a step ahead of AC II

pacmanate
12-10-2012, 12:02 AM
Okay guys, remember these are peoples opinions, if someone doesnt like a game then they don't like it, don't argue with them x

Legendz54
12-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Assassins creed 3 takes the gold for me. I just knew the story was going to be really good when I heard the Protagonist was going to be native, Going through the struggles of the colonists and his village while also being the outsider, I could automatically tell he was going to be more like Altair. For the first time i actually really wanted to see Connor kill the Templars for the traumas he caused to his village, I wanted to see Connor grow from that young boy to the brutal Assassin that I knew he was going to be, and I also wanted to see the look on the templars face when they found out it was that boy, The Templars being associated with his father was also a cool twist. AC3 went back to the AC1 way when the templars thought they were doing good, and made me question If Connor did the right thing. The Homestead brang out a more friendly side to Connor and i really enjoyed playing those.

Favourite game of the year.

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Assassin's Creed 3. Even since the AC1 days I prayed to the Holy Lord for the return of the grayness, the ambiguity. It was all but gone in the Ezio trilogy. All the villains there were pure evils looking to further their own ends. ACR was a step in the right direction, and AC3 brought that full ambiguity back. I loved all the pre-death conversations, even as Haytham. "Were we to apply the blade more liberally, the world would be a better place", "You wield the blade like a man but your mouth like a child". They gave me goosebumps and confused me to no end. Did I kill the wrong guy? Did I just frack up the world a little more? Not since AC1 did I found myself questioning.. myself.

The pacing; I know many people have issues with it, but I thought its pace was perfect. Connor's father comes to the colonies, meets his would-be wife, little Connor grows up, gets his world destroyed and vows to protect his people.

The characters; Haytham is probably now my favourite character out of the whole trilogy. Honest and kind-hearted, yet cruel when there is a need of it. Connor comes next. He is probably the most tragic hero I've seen in recent videogames. Humble and naive, friendly to people he knew, yet cold and distant to people he considered "outsiders". Achilles.. the old former Assassin, now living a life of solitude, sees his son in the mohawk kid who suddenly showed up at his doorsteps. His interactions with Connor were awesome. That death scene of Charles Lee at the Last Drink Tavern was one of the best I've seen in a videogame. Connor's ending was heartbreaking, yet great.

All in all, best story in the AC franchise IMO, AC2 nostalgia notwithstanding.

Toa TAK
12-10-2012, 06:47 AM
AC1 by far. AC3 is a second though.

Lexax123
12-10-2012, 09:12 AM
AC2 followed by AC1 & AC3 tied for 2nd. AC2 had great pacing, one of my favorite video game openings of all time, great characters, and a good balance of humor and mystery, which I always enjoy in a game. Oh and dat ending, Minerva breaking the 4th wall melted my mind. AC1 & AC3 I didn't the enjoy the story as much, but their actual dialogue I found was much better. ACR's I found pretty awesome, but not as amazing as the others. ACB's story would be at the bottom for me, villains were way too typical, wayyy too much game-length padding (game could of easily ended at sequence 4), and the last 2 sequences where ridiculously rushed.

InfectedNation
12-10-2012, 09:52 AM
All the numbered games really.

SixKeys
12-10-2012, 10:02 AM
AC2, followed by AC1. AC2 spanned several years and felt really epic. The tutorials didn┤t really feel like tutorials because they were so seamlessly intergrated into the story. AC1, OTOH had a more philosophical tone, a more ponderous pace and more mystery. Even the ending of AC2 with Minerva can't quite compete with the sense of awe and surprise inspired by AC1's ending.

doogsy91
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
No. It fit ACB`s story perfectly for me. "CRAP"
The story was Hollow...Had no space for questions...Grey area was COMPLETELY gone....Nothing emotional moved me...

Hell for all I care, They could make it with the most interesting family in the world and still have a crappy presentation. that`s what ACB did. Cesare was a whiny baby, Rodrigo was reduced to a Puppet and Lucrezia had so much potential....and they were all EVIL..

Definitely my least favorite story
I think Brotherhood had some great moments such as the suppressed memories and when Cesare killed Rodrigo. I don't know if that scene was mocapped or what but it was executed superbly and the voice acting was brilliant. But unfortunately, what should have been side missions such as recruiting Assassin's and getting the thieves/mercs/courtesans on side comprised a great deal of the main narrative which made the whole thing just seem like filler.

But I'd have to agree with Shobit in regards to AC1 taking the cake for overall feel and tone, but I didn't really connect with Altair like I did Ezio (only in AC2) so I like both 1 and 2 for different reasons. I also agree that mainly since AC2, the modern day plot has felt tedious and OTT, especially as of Revelations.

montagemik
12-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Well this probably because it was New & we had No idea what the game was likely to throw at us plotwise .............BUT I'm gonna have to go with AC-1 , Altair , Al-mualim , Abstergo - Everything was just grittier somehow , the concept & story really hooked me in .

Somehow - as limited / repetetive as many of it's elements now seem - AC-1 just had me feeling more like a Real Assassin & less of an action character bad*** .

So altough i love AC-B / AC-3 ...............AC-1 had the best story for me.
( A remake with current engine would be bought instantly by me if ever made. Same game / missions , just more realistic environments - & Keep the original AC-1 Horses , they actually worked)

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
You had to mention horses..... I'm on the horseback mission to save my people (synch - don't touch the ground) -
please, no more horse missions till this is fixed. I beg you lol

I didn't play AC1 so I don't know. I think ACIII basically has more complex/depth of storyline.

psf22
12-10-2012, 12:10 PM
You had to mention horses..... I'm on the horseback mission to save my people (synch - don't touch the ground) -

I didn't play AC1 so I don't know. I think ACIII basically has more complex/depth of storyline.

Use your guns. You can also do jump assassinations from horse to horse so to speak.

ze_topazio
12-10-2012, 12:19 PM

You should.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Use your guns. You can also do jump assassinations from horse to horse so to speak.

Ya, I jump the back guy & take his horse - I synched that part of the mission, I just can't catch up close enough to the last Rider & desynch.
Maneuvering w/ the horses is a pain itself - let alone how slow they go. Anyways, sorry to derail the topic.

she-assassin
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I can't really take AC3's story seriously. Not after seeing how much they butchered all the modern day characters in the game. I completely understand that the newcomers to the series might not realise it, but anyone who paid attention to the story from the beginning of AC1 up to now must see it, too. Spoilers, I guess?

My biggest gripe with the story is how they handled the thing with Lucy. I noticed how everyone sort of tiptoes around it, but no one really addresses it on this forum anymore. And that's wrong. I mean, really, Ubisoft? We're not stupid. We've been there, we killed her and we've seen first hand that Desmond DIDN'T want to do it and we've seen how broken he was about it in ACR, and now you want to tell us that he KNEW all along she would betray them?! That's not true! The thing is, Desmond we know from the previous games wouldn't willingly kill her, even if he knew she was a Templar, he would at least try to reason with her. This is just not something his character would do. They got their main protagonist's personality wrong. And I'm not okay with it, no one should be okay with it. The same goes for Shaun who was really angry with Desmond after it happened, and I really don't believe that once he found out about her betrayal he would be fine with it just like that, the same with Becca. "Yeah, you killed her of, good riddance." Sorry, but no.

Another big issue I have with AC3 is the portrayal of Daniel Cross and all the modern Templars for that matter. I'll focus on Daniel, because, man, did I love the guy in the comics! I was really excited about him finally being part of the game. But once again, they got him totally wrong. After reading The Chain I expected him to be this really fleshed out character with good and bad in him who stays with the Templars despite all the awful things they did to him, because they're the only family he ever had, but at the same time he questions his decision every day. In the comics, he managed to overcome his drug addiction AND his Animus addiction and became a respectable member of the Order, and suddenly in AC3 he returns to his old messed-up ******* self. Well, that's not what I call a character development (don't get me wrong, I adored his messed-up ******* self in the beginning of The Fall, but not so much now). Not to mention that in one of the conversations with Rebecca she tells Desmond that Daniel killed Hannah (if you read the comics you know who she was talking about) and unless he had one of his bleeding effect episodes we don't know about I honestly can't see him doing that. He's not some brainless killing machine, Ubisoft, he's a complex character with feelings. Or at least he used to be.

I could also talk about Clay and the glyphs, but that's something they can still make justice to in the following installments. I could go on, but I guess you get it. AC3's story can't be the best because it disregards the previous plotlines and characters' personalities. Simple like that.

ace3001
12-10-2012, 01:19 PM

I didn't play AC1 so I don't know. I think ACIII basically has more complex/depth of storyline."Don't touch the ground" is easy in that. It's when you combine that with a timer to kill the enemies that disaster strikes. :p

And you should play AC1. However, after AC3, AC1 might feel dull in the gameplay department. It's generally played for the story and the overall atmosphere which is great. Rent it and see, maybe?

And on topic, AC2 > AC3 == AC1 > ACB > ACR.
AC3 would've been ranked higher by me if it actually concluded the modern day story instead of leaving us at another potential cliffhanger. :p

pacmanate
12-10-2012, 02:15 PM
I can't really take AC3's story seriously. Not after seeing how much they butchered all the modern day characters in the game. I completely understand that the newcomers to the series might not realise it, but anyone who paid attention to the story from the beginning of AC1 up to now must see it, too. Spoilers, I guess?

My biggest gripe with the story is how they handled the thing with Lucy. I noticed how everyone sort of tiptoes around it, but no one really addresses it on this forum anymore. And that's wrong. I mean, really, Ubisoft? We're not stupid. We've been there, we killed her and we've seen first hand that Desmond DIDN'T want to do it and we've seen how broken he was about it in ACR, and now you want to tell us that he KNEW all along she would betray them?! That's not true! The thing is, Desmond we know from the previous games wouldn't willingly kill her, even if he knew she was a Templar, he would at least try to reason with her. This is just not something his character would do. They got their main protagonist's personality wrong. And I'm not okay with it, no one should be okay with it. The same goes for Shaun who was really angry with Desmond after it happened, and I really don't believe that once he found out about her betrayal he would be fine with it just like that, the same with Becca. "Yeah, you killed her of, good riddance." Sorry, but no.

Another big issue I have with AC3 is the portrayal of Daniel Cross and all the modern Templars for that matter. I'll focus on Daniel, because, man, did I love the guy in the comics! I was really excited about him finally being part of the game. But once again, they got him totally wrong. After reading The Chain I expected him to be this really fleshed out character with good and bad in him who stays with the Templars despite all the awful things they did to him, because they're the only family he ever had, but at the same time he questions his decision every day. In the comics, he managed to overcome his drug addiction AND his Animus addiction and became a respectable member of the Order, and suddenly in AC3 he returns to his old messed-up ******* self. Well, that's not what I call a character development (don't get me wrong, I adored his messed-up ******* self in the beginning of The Fall, but not so much now). Not to mention that in one of the conversations with Rebecca she tells Desmond that Daniel killed Hannah (if you read the comics you know who she was talking about) and unless he had one of his bleeding effect episodes we don't know about I honestly can't see him doing that. He's not some brainless killing machine, Ubisoft, he's a complex character with feelings. Or at least he used to be.

I could also talk about Clay and the glyphs, but that's something they can still make justice to in the following installments. I could go on, but I guess you get it. AC3's story can't be the best because it disregards the previous plotlines and characters' personalities. Simple like that.

Wrong, Desmond says that Juno took control but he chose to stab her.

psf22
12-10-2012, 02:21 PM
Ya, I jump the back guy & take his horse - I synched that part of the mission, I just can't catch up close enough to the last Rider & desynch.
Maneuvering w/ the horses is a pain itself - let alone how slow they go. Anyways, sorry to derail the topic.

If you tap X/A while on horse you can spur the horse and gain speed. Tap it intermittently every 2-3 seconds and it's cake. The road is a bit unclear because of the fog, but you should at least be able to memorize the road/way if you've done it once or twice.

ace3001
12-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Increasing the text size of a spoiler in the quoted text might be a very bad idea, especially cause the topic title isn't spoiler tagged. :/

But yeah, that's true, and Desmond didn't know the betrayal until then as well.

she-assassin
12-10-2012, 02:29 PM
That's the point, isn't it? He said he chose to stab her, I say Desmond that I know would never choose to do something like that.

pacmanate
12-10-2012, 02:31 PM
Increasing the text size of a spoiler in the quoted text might be a very bad idea, especially cause the topic title isn't spoiler tagged. :/

But yeah, that's true, and Desmond didn't know the betrayal until then as well.

Its a poll on which game was best, no one should come here if they haven't finished all of the games because their voting would be biased to not chosing the 3rd.

That's the point, isn't it? He said he chose to stab her, I say Desmond that I know would never choose to do something like that.

Well he said that he saw the Templar launch the satelite and they would all die, but the satellite wouldn't work. He killed her to save themselves. Seems pretty fair to me!

ace3001
12-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Its a poll on which game was best, no one should come here if they haven't finished all of the games because their voting would be biased to not chosing the 3rd.

Yes, but people are going to peek in anyway, even if they don't vote, cause there is no spoiler warning.

MT4K
12-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Well yeah it should be obvious, but i added a spoiler tag now :p.

she-assassin
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Well he said that he saw the Templar launch the satelite and they would all die, but the satellite wouldn't work. He killed her to save themselves. Seems pretty fair to me!
Have you seen the end of Brotherhood? It's pretty obvious that he was fighting against Juno to the end. He didn't want to stab Lucy. And he said at the beginning of ACR he was sorry and again, that he didn't want to do it. If the fact that he repeatedly states he's sorry doesn't make you believe that he didn't mean to do it, then what does really? And honestly, the argument that "he saw the Templars launch the satellite" is crap. If he did we would see it too since we were him at that moment.

roostersrule2
12-10-2012, 02:48 PM
AC3- Although I felt Haytham's part should of been shorter 'twas the best story in an Ac game yet, it brang back the grey area from AC1 and Connors story was unlike any that I've seen before.
AC2- Sure it's the cliche tale of revenge but it was paced brilliantly and has one of the best openings/endings in gaming history, you also felt connected to Mr Auditore.
ACR- Has a great story, but through sequence 2-4 your basically doing missions for no reason, but when the actual story kicks in it's one of AC's best.
AC1- Is a great story with amazing character development but the repetitive mission structure really waters down almost everything about the game.
ACB- Was a great game but the story was bland and just dragged on.

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
AC2 is basically a revenge tale
AC3 is a "revenge" tale with a whole bunch of other stuff happening at the same time. more depth.

that why i think AC3 story is the best, followed by ACR which despite it's cash-grab like nature had excellent character development and it was the first time you actually felt connected to ezio.

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I don't tjhink AC3 is a revenge story.. he let Johnson go the first time. It was only after he realized that the salvation of his people lies only in their deaths, that he started killing.

RexNovus
12-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Best post in ages. I was hoping, after Brotherhood, that Lucy would be alive (cliffhanger, Desmond and Lucie on the ground, the Apple glowing, a lot of room for interpretation), but they killed her off just like that and like you said: Desmond didn't want to do it, that's obvious in that scene and obvious aswell during Revelations. That he "choose" to stab her in III, or wanted to do it, is just a cop out. It's very, very weak and a plothole. The whole Desmond storyline was weak in III, unfortunately. And then there's that ending... Assassin's Creed has gone downhill a lot, since Brotherhood (a.k.a. milking the series).

ACfan443
12-10-2012, 05:31 PM

This. Picking up on your point about Shaun, I thought he'd be absolutely livid, I thought he'd wanna punch Desmond, scream abuse at him and demand answers. It seemed really stupid the way he was acting really respectfully towards Desmond and treating him like a good friend, which is also stupid when you recall the animosity between them in AC2. The handling of the modern day plot in AC3 is one of my reasons for why its story was lacking.

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:39 PM
wll to be honest when i was thinking about this, i didn't take into account modern day plot.

but you guys are critizing the modern story because it leaves unanswerd questions... well, thats not the fault of that particular game, but the whole series. it's not like the plot twist happened in AC3 itself and was left unanswered. it happened in previous installments. not really a singular games fault

ace3001
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
wll to be honest when i was thinking about this, i didn't take into account modern day plot.

but you guys are critizing the modern story because it leaves unanswerd questions... well, thats not the fault of that particular game, but the whole series. it's not like the plot twist happened in AC3 itself and was left unanswered. it happened in previous installments. not really a singular games fault
Modern day story is an important part of AC, and in the beginning, Ubisoft was all like "it's going to be a trilogy", so most of us expected III, being the third "big AC game", to answer most of the plot points brought up by the previous games, such as Clay's words. I knew AC would continue even afterwards, but I expected that to be with an entirely new storyline, not continuing this. That is where most of the disappointment related to the modern story comes from. When you drag something out beyond five games, it's bound to go stale. Some of us just wanted it to end before that happened, so that they could start off with a fresh new story for the next AC.

Out2GETxyOuu44
12-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Personaly for me I loved AC3 story. I finished it and was sad that it was over....it also drove me to buy and re-play through the AC titles again. AC2 was really close 2nd though....

Rugterwyper32
12-10-2012, 06:32 PM
AC3 personally was my favorite and even with the modern day story, I wasn't bothered too much. It ended the Desmond trilogy and the two big threats that arose during the Desmond arc (Eye-abstergo and the solar flare). Was the modern storyline the most satisfying thing ever? Not really. But in my eyes, it did what it had to and that was enough. Maybe because since AC1 I wasn't that interested in the modern day storyline and I only really got interested with Brotherhood (A lot because you went to places Ezio had been in as Desmond in the far future and that was cool) but it worked for me. Now with the Desmond story done and those two threats dealt with, Juno can be taken out and then we can go back to an assassin-templar conflict which would be a lot more interesting than the new adventures of the space wizards ON EARTH.
The entire storyline with Connor was my favorite of the series to date, a lot because we got to know the Templars as well and Connor was a pretty interesting character in my eyes. The overall greyness of the game worked wonders.
AC1 comes close, it had great villains and the discussions with Al-Mualim were all sorts of interesting. It also has some of the best lines in the series.
ACB comes next because of the more subtle elements and what I consider the best part of the modern storyline. ACR comes next in my eyes, and it would have done better if it had explained more things and sequences 2-4 actually had you doing things of more importance or something. The story that started in sequence 1 didn't really pick up until sequence 5.
AC2 comes last for me, it's a good story, but I just didn't like Ezio that much throughout and the villains were unmemorable most of the time. Some I can remember the setting of (the assassination of the Barbarigo at Carnevale was fantastic) but overall I have more moments of the storylines from the other games that I find memorable (even though it had some great moments) and honestly, it's where I was least interested in the present day storyline.

RUND4S
12-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Subject 16 was the most interesting Character in my opinion.
I voted for AC2 cause he appeared in that part. I loved the obscure mysteries around him,
who is 16, what does he want to do, why he does it, is he really dead?
But the death of 16 in ACR hit me hard (srsly o.O).

But anyway, AC2 had the best Storyline, Brotherhood the best Multiplayer (equal to AC3 they're both awesome).

Ps. AC3 had a surprising end, but it sucks.
So 8/10 Points for the Story but 1/10 for the ending, sorry.

zMrFahrenheit
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
He chose to stab her because Juno showed him what would happen if he didn't chose to stab her.

pacmanate
12-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Have you seen the end of Brotherhood? It's pretty obvious that he was fighting against Juno to the end. He didn't want to stab Lucy. And he said at the beginning of ACR he was sorry and again, that he didn't want to do it. If the fact that he repeatedly states he's sorry doesn't make you believe that he didn't mean to do it, then what does really? And honestly, the argument that "he saw the Templars launch the satellite" is crap. If he did we would see it too since we were him at that moment.

Hardly when it came from Desmonds mouth. Your argument is that we see everything he sees and see everything that happens in his head. When he was shown what would happen it would be a vision not a projection so we wouldnt see it. Regardless, he says he saw it, doesn't matter if you did.

she-assassin
12-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Hardly when it came from Desmonds mouth. Your argument is that we see everything he sees and see everything that happens in his head. When he was shown what would happen it would be a vision not a projection so we wouldnt see it. Regardless, he says he saw it, doesn't matter if you did.
I'm sorry, but you completely misunderstood me. I was explaining why AC3's story sucked by simply using an example. I didn't want to argue if Desmond said it or not. I was trying to point out that if the devs cared at least a tiny bit about the moderns, there's no way they would make Desmond say that, because it creates inconsistencies in the portrayal of his character. In ACB and ACR it was clearly stated that stabbing Lucy wasn't his decision, in AC3 on the other hand, they took his character and made it into something he wasn't. What I'm trying to say is that if they put a solid effort into AC3's story, they would stay true to his character. But they didn't. See?

Assassin_M
12-10-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm sorry, but you completely misunderstood me. I was explaining why AC3's story sucked by simply using an example. I didn't want to argue if Desmond said it or not. I was trying to point out that if the devs cared at least a tiny bit about the moderns, there's no way they would make Desmond say that, because it creates inconsistencies in the portrayal of his character. In ACB and ACR it was clearly stated that stabbing Lucy wasn't his decision, in AC3 on the other hand, they took his character and made it into something he wasn't. What I'm trying to say is that if they put a solid effort into AC3's story, they would stay true to his character. But they didn't. See?
So...am I an Idiot ?, because I like AC III`s story and actually found it VERY consistent (and cliche) for Desmond to say that ??

she-assassin
12-10-2012, 10:06 PM
So...am I an Idiot ?, because I like AC III`s story and actually found it VERY consistent (and cliche) for Desmond to say that ??
I don't know if you're an idiot or not, nor do I I have any intention to find out. You just have a different opinion. That's all.

Assassin_M
12-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't know if you're an idiot or not, nor do I I have any intention to find out. You just have a different opinion. That's all.
:eek:
Thank You..

YES YES THERE`S A SMALL CHANCE I`M NOT AN IDIOT

pacmanate
12-10-2012, 11:39 PM

:eek:
Thank You..

YES YES THERE`S A SMALL CHANCE I`M NOT AN IDIOT

Yeah but its so small its probably not even worth mentioning.... ;)

Assassin_M
12-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Yeah but its so small its probably not even worth mentioning.... ;)
It`s enough :|

I`ll live with it

BATISTABUS
12-11-2012, 02:07 AM
In ACB and ACR it was clearly stated that stabbing Lucy wasn't his decision, in AC3 on the other hand, they took his character and made it into something he wasn't.
How do you know what he was and wasn't? For all you know, the devs could've had this planned all along.

I think the point is that he was shocked and numbed by the experience at first, but eventually came to the realization that he had to do it. Or maybe he was just saying it wasn't his fault in the beginning to try to convince himself that this was the case. People make impulsive decisions all the time; you can say "I didn't mean to" and leave it at that, or try to find a deeper significance as to why you chose to make that decision, even if that's not how you were consciously thinking in the moment.

Soulid_Snake
12-11-2012, 05:08 AM
AC2, I think my fanboy-ism is kicking in, as I couldn't care less about the story.

NeverThat
12-11-2012, 05:22 AM
AC2 = best in series followed by ACB.

YuurHeen
12-11-2012, 08:08 AM
while ac1 has the best setting, acr has the best story in my opinion. well the combined stories of ezio, altair and desmond that is.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:14 AM
AC2 was too long it got super boring by the end they could of made it shorter not to mention the fact that it was a typical Revenge story

catkiller97
12-11-2012, 08:18 AM
AC2!!! The atmosphere the story have no words :)

xboxauditore
12-11-2012, 08:23 AM
ACB, The story with Cesare was perfect.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:26 AM
ACB, The story with Cesare was perfect. Again just a Revenge story which is done to Death and people praise them for it. Don't get me wrong i like the story but the Ezio seems to only join The Assassins for himself even after AC 2 he was hoping to Retire till his uncle was killed. Connor on the other hand is fighting to protect something and his ideals

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Again just a Revenge story which is done to Death and people praise them for it. Don't get me wrong i like the story but the Ezio seems to only join The Assassins for himself even after AC 2 he was hoping to Retire till his uncle was killed. Connor on the other hand is fighting to protect something and his ideals
His people too..

The only one who was really bred to be an Assassin just because..is Altair. No questions asked..

Connor does it for his people, Ezio does it for Revenge..

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:32 AM
His people too..

The only one who was really bred to be an Assassin just because..is Altair. No questions asked..

Connor does it for his people, Ezio does it for Revenge.. my point is Revenge stories are over rated and over used i think if AC 2 had not introduced so many new aspects people would not think it was so amazing

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:37 AM
my point is Revenge stories are over rated and over used i think if AC 2 had not introduced so many new aspects people would not think it was so amazing
AC II did not really introduce many new elements. It had the exact same Animations for walking, fighting, climbing and running. It only introduced a few stealth, combat and navigation elements. People only like it for Ezio, Soundtrack and cities.

Nostalgia. Actually, when the game was new, you`d see so many "AC II is a disappointment" threads, you`d never thought it`d be held in the pedestal it is currently on right now..

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:40 AM
AC II did not really introduce many new elements. It had the exact same Animations for walking, fighting, climbing and running. It only introduced a few stealth, combat and navigation elements. People only like it for Ezio, Soundtrack and cities.

People just feel nostalgic. Seriously it introduced a ton of new things.
The combat system is more complex than that of its predecessor, with the ability to disarm opponents using counter-attacks while unarmed. If the player steals an enemy's weapon, it is possible to follow up with an attack that instantly kills the enemy.[1] Da Vinci provides the player with specialized weaponry, such as the dual hidden blades, poison blade and the miniature wheellock firearm, which are all based on schematics found in Alta´r's Codex pages. Generic swords, cutlasses, maces, axes and daggers can all be purchased from vendors in each city. The player can also pick up any weapon on the ground or use improvised weapons, such as brooms or halves of a spear. These weapons are used just like normal blunt weapons. In addition, players are able to purchase artwork for their villa, obtain new armor as the game progresses, and even dye Ezio's clothing with a number of different colors. Other equipment includes larger pouches to carry more throwing knives and medicine. not to mention Faster climbing the jump climb ability Etc.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Seriously it introduced a ton of new things.
The combat system is more complex than that of its predecessor, with the ability to disarm opponents using counter-attacks while unarmed. If the player steals an enemy's weapon, it is possible to follow up with an attack that instantly kills the enemy.[1] Da Vinci provides the player with specialized weaponry, such as the dual hidden blades, poison blade and the miniature wheellock firearm, which are all based on schematics found in Alta´r's Codex pages. Generic swords, cutlasses, maces, axes and daggers can all be purchased from vendors in each city. The player can also pick up any weapon on the ground or use improvised weapons, such as brooms or halves of a spear. These weapons are used just like normal blunt weapons. In addition, players are able to purchase artwork for their villa, obtain new armor as the game progresses, and even dye Ezio's clothing with a number of different colors. Other equipment includes larger pouches to carry more throwing knives and medicine. not to mention Faster climbing the jump climb ability Etc.
like I said... a Few combat, stealth and navigation elements...

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:48 AM
like I said... a Few combat, stealth and navigation elements... thats a ton of things that AC 3 had a hard time expanding on i mean the gun in AC 2 was better then the Flintlock pistol etc. the problem was they put too much in too quick and i realized this as soon as i saw AC 2 in order to make AC 3 superior they would have to build on that and they failed horribly you get rope darts and trip mines your color changes don't stay and your quiver disappears half the time oh you also get a bow other then that they didn't add much to AC 3 actually they went backwards and removed things. Which really hurt the game. I don't mean the removal of healing items that just bugged me that you could heal with an item. you were in the Animus i am Sure Ezio never got touched except the few times in videos

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:50 AM
thats a ton of things that AC 3 had a hard time expanding on i mean the gun in AC 2 was better then the Flintlock pistol etc. the problem was they put too much in too quick and i realized this as soon as i saw AC 2 in order to make AC 3 superior they would have to build on that and they failed horribly you get rope darts and trip mines your color changes don't stay and your quiver disappears half the time oh you also get a bow other then that they didn't add much to AC 3 actually they went backwards and removed things. Which really hurt the game. I don't mean the removal of healing items that just bugged me that you could heal with an item. you were in the Animus i am Sure Ezio never got touched except the few times in videos
AC II added more than AC III ?? I`ll let that one slide...

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:52 AM
AC II added more than AC III ?? I`ll let that one slide...
okay so AC 3 had more things added on in terms of missions. But i am surprised more people don't feel that the Revenge theme is over done. Almost every superhero has that as the reason for fighting Crime in the beginning

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:54 AM
okay so AC 3 had more things added on in terms of missions. But i am surprised more people don't feel that the Revenge theme is over done. Almost every superhero has that as the reason for fighting Crime in the beginning
There are many elements playing here. mainly nostalgia...Ezio was a great Character and so many people prefer him over Connor. The soundtrack was the most beautiful thing ever made and the cities were gorgeously done and the Atmosphere is fantastic.

All these elements played in people liking a cliche revenge theme...

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 08:57 AM
There are many elements playing here. mainly nostalgia...Ezio was a great Character and so many people prefer him over Connor. The soundtrack was the most beautiful thing ever made and the cities were gorgeously done and the Atmosphere is fantastic.

All these elements played in people liking a cliche revenge theme... Yeah but this is which story is the Best in that Case this poll is biased because Ezio's story is so overused its boring.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Yeah but this is which story is the Best in that Case this poll is biased because Ezio's story is so overused its boring.
Who are we to judge simply because we disagree ?? If they think it`s the best then so be it..

There is no such thing as a right Opinion...

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 09:01 AM

Nostalgia. Actually, when the game was new, you`d see so many "AC II is a disappointment" threads, you`d never thought it`d be held in the pedestal it is currently on right now..

Are you for real??

AC2 introduced a ton of features. Let's see:

-Quick-time events
-Factions
-Day/night cycle
-Puzzles
-Improved Eagle Vision
-Money/economy
-Collectables that actually reward you with something
-Exotic missions (flying machine & carriage chase)
-New weapons and combat techniques
-Notoriety
-Tons of NPC animations/interactions
-Character customization
-Tombs
-Fast-travel
-City upgrading/changes to the environment
-Background info about your targets in the Animus database
-Enemy archetypes
-Courier missions and assassination contracts (in AC1 you had a couple of non-main targets but these were still tied to the story)
-Trivia about historical locations, people and events in the Animus database
-Guards showing up as red dots on the mini-map
-Random events in the form of pick-pockets (only one, really, but it's still there)
-Looting bodies
-Improved blending
-Medicine

I think after 5 games you've just gotten so used to all these elements introduced in AC2 that you don't even notice them anymore. AC2 isn't my favorite game in the franchise either, but at least I will give credit where it's due.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Who are we to judge simply because we disagree ?? If they think it`s the best then so be it..

There is no such thing as a right Opinion... True lol i honestly hope for the Next Assassin we see a new Origin something unlike anything we have seen so far. Okay when you list them like that you can see how many there are.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Are you for real??

AC2 introduced a ton of features. Let's see:

-Quick-time events
If you consider that an addition then that`s a problem
-Factions
Combat, stealth and navigation elements
-Day/night cycle
Alright
-Puzzles
Fair enough
-Improved Eagle Vision
Yeah...you can move using it..sure
-Money/economy
Alright
-Collectables that actually reward you with something
Still Collectables
-Exotic missions (flying machine & carriage chase)
It`s part of the mission design, not an addition.
-New weapons and combat techniques
Combat, stealth and navigation elements
-Notoriety
Was present in some form in AC I and falls in stealth and navigation elements.
Not tons, really...
-Character customization
sure
-Tombs
Navigation elements
-Fast-travel
Was in AC I
-City upgrading/changes to the environment
Alright
-Background info about your targets in the Animus database
Not really a tangible addition
-Enemy archetypes
Was present in AC I
-Courier missions and assassination contracts (in AC1 you had a couple of non-main targets but these were still tied to the story)
Side missions, sure
-Trivia about historical locations, people and events in the Animus database
Alright
-Guards showing up as red dots on the mini-map
That made it worse actually
-Random events in the form of pick-pockets (only one, really, but it's still there)
HA ! Heck no falls into NPC interaction NOT random events..
-Looting bodies
Fine
-Improved blending
alright
-Medicine
made it worse

I think after 5 games you've just gotten so used to all these elements introduced in AC2 that you don't even notice them anymore. AC2 isn't my favorite game in the franchise either, but at least I will give credit where it's due.
Do you want me to tell you AC III additions ?

ACfan443
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be about the story...

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 09:17 AM

yes

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be about the story...
That too, but....just a bit off-topic please :P

yes
-ALL new animations
-New combat
-Naval Combat (That`s a different game in itself)
-tree running
-Hunting
-Weather
-Winter
-greatly improved NPC AI
-Tunnel network
-Outfits
-New weapons
-Dual wielding
-Clubs
-Trading
-Crafting
-Improved fast travel
-Mini-games
-More stealth elements
-Slightly Better enemy AI
-Better blending
-Chase breakers

I can nitpick too..but that wont be fair now would it ??

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 09:31 AM
I wonder if they could make an Orphan an Assassin like well hes still young like 17

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 09:34 AM
You seem to have a rather flexible definition of things like "navigation elements" if you think tombs are just an extension of navigation. You're also quick to ignore things like "background info about your targets" because you don't consider it tangible enough. It's still an addition, whether you care for it or not. Same goes for things like medicine, guards showing up as red dots and quick-time events. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they weren't new additions.

-Improved Eagle Vision
Yeah...you can move using it..sure

You can also use it to find hidden clues like glyphs in your environment.

Not tons, really...

Go back to AC1 and watch the NPC animations, then compare them with AC2. In AC1, nobody actually talks to each other. In AC2 NPCs have conversations that have nothing to do with the player and animations that show they are reacting to one another's lines. There are people with certain tasks like painting a house, fishing or sweeping. Performers at the Carnevale are being applauded by audience members, random people will sometimes stop and act like they stepped in something nasty and start cleaning their shoes, a nobleman will be tapping his foot in agitation like he's waiting for somebody, a priest is preaching to a bunch of praying beggars, courtesans are winking and giggling at passers-by even when not interacting with the player. In AC2, all NPCs simply walk around like zombies, with no expression on their face and no connection to their environment.

-Fast-travel
Was in AC I

Only after you had visited all three cities.

HA ! Heck no falls into NPC interaction NOT random events..

It's an event that happens at random, not triggered by the player's actions (I'm talking about the pick-pocket that sometimes appears and robs you, not thief factions). Sounds like a random event to me.

Sure, why not. Be sure to only mention ones that weren't building on features introduced in prior games.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Since nitpicking is legit addition..

-Better cloth physics
-semi-free aim
-Animals
-Better Graphics
-New Animus UI
-More Desmond
-2000 NPCs on screen
-New Parkour moves
-Inventions
-moving grass
-moving tree trunks
-Better flag animations
-Wind
-Fog
-Detailed homestead AI
-limited amount of different animations for each Protagonist (Desmond, Connor and Haytham)
-petting
-Realistic Animal AI
-news papers
-new notoriety system
-more NPC animations
-better facial animation
-

added to

-ALL new animations
-New combat
-Naval Combat (That`s a different game in itself)
-tree running
-Hunting
-Weather
-Winter
-greatly improved NPC AI
-Tunnel network
-Outfits
-New weapons
-Dual wielding
-Clubs
-Trading
-Crafting
-Improved fast travel
-Mini-games
-More stealth elements
-Slightly Better enemy AI
-Better blending
-Chase breakers

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 09:45 AM
That too, but....just a bit off-topic please :P

-ALL new animations

Except for the ones they recycled.

-New combat

"New" as in improved from previous games? Sure. It's still based on the same techniques on countering and chain-killing which was introduced in ACB.

-tree running

Is just freerunning in trees. Works exactly the same.

-Weather

Technically there was a weather element in AC2 already. When you first arrive at the villa, it's drizzling and you hear a distant thunder. As the Villa improves, the weather becomes sunnier. But I take your point.

-Tunnel network

It's just fast-travel. They explicitly call it fast-travel.

-Outfits

Character customization was already introduced in AC2.

-Clubs

These have been around since ACB.

-Improved fast travel

You keep bringing up fast travel in various forms. Just because you mention it more than once doesn't make it new.

-Mini-games

Was introduced in ACB.

-Chase breakers

Where were those? I can't seem to recall any.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 09:49 AM
You just proved my point. Thank you...

Back on topic

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Excuse me? You're the one who started with the nitpicking. At least you proved my point as well, since you went from claiming AC2 only added a "few" things to agreeing with 13 of the 24 additions I mentioned.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:00 AM
You're the one who started with the nitpicking.
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure...

"Quick time events"

Can we stop now ??

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure...

"Quick time events"

Can we stop now ??

You don't agree that AC1 had no quick-time events and AC2 did?

psf22
12-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Is just freerunning in trees. Works exactly the same.

This had me laughing. They worked very hard to accomplish that it would work well and fluid, and you just say; it's just free-running, works exactly the same?!

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:04 AM
You don't agree that AC1 had no quick-time events and AC2 did?
-___-

You do not agree that ACR had no tree running and AC III did ??

Mate, it can work both ways and trust me we`ll go at it for days...So like I said...can we stop now ????

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:05 AM
This had me laughing. They worked very hard to accomplish that it would work well and fluid, and you just say, it's just free-running, works exactly the same?!
It`s insulting to the work put in tree-running..

That`s why I wanted to stop this...It was getting ridiculous

psf22
12-11-2012, 10:12 AM
It`s insulting to the work put in tree-running..

That`s why I wanted to stop this...It was getting ridiculous

Yeah very insulting. Initially I wanted to say "take that comment back"

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Ezios triolgy had better story than AC3 but each one of them if we look them as single didnt.And i really hope for more Connor next year

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 10:14 AM
This had me laughing. They worked very hard to accomplish that it would work well and fluid, and you just say; it's just free-running, works exactly the same?!

I never said it was bad, in fact I love it. It's just a fact that it works the same. Everything you can do in trees is the same that you can do with buildings. You don't even require separate buttons to freerun on buildings or to freerun in trees. You know why? Because they work exactly the same way!

-___-

You do not agree that ACR had no tree running and AC III did ??

But it is building on an already existing concept. Treerunning = freerunning in trees. QTE's weren't building on anything not already present in AC1. If you feel some of the improvements to already existing elements like enemy AI or stealth aspects don't count, fine, but you can at least acknowledge the things AC2 introduced that weren't present in any form in AC1.

And you're free to stop replying to my posts any time you like if you want to stop. Really, it's easy. Why should I stop pointing out flaws in your claims just because you no longer wish to engage in a discussion?

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Yeah very insulting. Initially I wanted to say "take that comment back"

Please point out to me what is different in interacting with trees in AC3 that is different from interacting with buildings.

psf22
12-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Please point out to me what is different in interacting with trees in AC3 that is different from interacting with buildings.

The fact that you couldn't in past games, THAT is the difference.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:18 AM
And you're free to stop replying to my posts any time you like if you want to stop. Really, it's easy. Why should I stop pointing out flaws in your claims just because you no longer wish to engage in a discussion?
Yes, yes continue pointing out flaws please... xD

"Quick time events" You`re so right....I`m so wrong....you`re so right

Do you even know why I said stop this ?? It`s not for you to stop pointing out flaws (It hurts my feelings) it`s for me to stop from literally ripping your "additions" apart...

You`re ridiculous....That`s the second reason I said let`s stop...Continue, though...I`m loving this

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:19 AM
They are same so what,i still think this is best AC in terms of free runing and overvall gameplay.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:19 AM
The fact that you couldn't in past games, THAT is the difference.
Mate just let him be xD

He`s going to tell you capes are a legit addition after some time xD

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Guys we dont need to argue!!!!!

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 10:20 AM
True it may just be improvements sometimes but that was my point AC 2 had so many improvements the new game is hard to live up to all those old improvements

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Guys we dont need to argue!!!!!
That`s why I said stop, really...

There`s no point..he`ll continue "pointing out my flaws" and i`ll cry...it`ll go on for days to no end..

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
They are same so what,i still think this is best AC in terms of free runing and overvall gameplay.

Dude, just because I point out that a feature is not NEW per se but an improvement on an existing concept is not a criticism. AC2 had improved blending, that doesn't mean I think the blending in AC1 was crap. I love treerunning and I appreciate that it took a lot of effort from the devs to make suitable environments to allow for it in AC3. That still doesn't take away from the fact that it's not really a new addition but an improvement on an old idea.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:24 AM
EDIT: You know what ?? I`ll shut up..

What do I know anyway ?? SixKeys is so much more intelligent and has won this argument...Bravo

Now back on topic....hopefully

psf22
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Dude, just because I point out that a feature is not NEW per se but an improvement on an existing concept is not a criticism. AC2 had improved blending, that doesn't mean I think the blending in AC1 was crap. I love treerunning and I appreciate that it took a lot of effort from the devs to make suitable environments to allow for it in AC3. That still doesn't take away from the fact that it's not really a new addition but an improvement on an old idea.

Then why did you use improved blending as an argument as an improved/new addition when you 'dismiss' Tree-running in the same form. See what YOU did there?

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 10:26 AM
EDIT: You know what ?? I`ll shut up..

What do I know anyway ?? SixKeys is so much more intelligent and has won this argument...Bravo

I guess if QTEs don't count as new, then the animal encounters in AC3 don't either, since fighting animals is nothing but a series of QTEs.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:27 AM

I just said i dont mind it.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I guess if QTEs don't count as new, then the animal encounters in AC3 don't either, since fighting animals is nothing but a series of QTEs.
Of course Of course xD

and hunting is not new either..you can hunt humans in past ACs
xDDD
lmao

and Naval combat....You rode a ship in AC II so that`s not new either..

Capes...Capes are new...and that little bush near the church in Florence is new

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Then why did you use improved blending as an argument as an improved/new addition when you 'dismiss' Tree-running in the same form. See what YOU did there?

I already conceded in an earlier reply to M that if you want to dismiss improvements and only count the features that were truly new, then that's fine. In that case, feel free to ignore the things I mentioned that fall under "improvements" and just count the ones that were truly innovative in AC2, and you'll still see it added many new things.

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Come on, guys, the tree-running was not THAT good, so it's really not worth the two pages of arguing in a topic about the best story.

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 10:29 AM
AC3 still had more improvements as well

psf22
12-11-2012, 10:30 AM
I already conceded in an earlier reply to M that if you want to dismiss improvements and only count the features that were truly new, then that's fine. In that case, feel free to ignore the things I mentioned that fall under "improvements" and just count the ones that were truly innovative in AC2, and you'll still see it added many new things.

It's not about me feeling free (or not) to ignoring it. It's just me using your own words against you that's all really.

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 10:31 AM
Of course Of course xD

and hunting is not new either..you can hunt humans in past ACs
xDDD
lmao

and Naval combat....You rode a ship in AC II so that`s not new either..

Capes...Capes are new...and that little bush near the church in Florence is new

You

the point

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Come on, guys, the tree-running was not THAT good, so it's really not worth the two pages of arguing in a topic about the best story.
You`re right about the second part of your sentence, but the first......lets just say I have very unpleasant images of me doing VERY uncomfortable things to you right now..

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:33 AM
You

the point
You make me realize how wrong I am every time you post...really...

I`m such an Idiot..

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:34 AM

Tree runing was awesome.PEACE please, you dont understand each other so it is no point in further arguing.

SixKeys
12-11-2012, 10:34 AM
You make me realize how wrong I am every time you post...really...

I`m such an Idiot..

Any time. :)

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Any time. :)
Sorry forgot to put

"/sarcasm" at the end of my post...

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 10:35 AM
AC2 had more improvements and of a higher degree for the most part.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:36 AM
No to the first, the second is subjective..

Deadlysyns666
12-11-2012, 10:41 AM
No to the first, the second is subjective..
okay well i will admit more is no but you can't tell me that most of the improvements felt like new Aspects aka Weapons and Customization.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:41 AM

In terms of almost all gameplay elements this is best AC so far.

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:42 AM
okay well i will admit more is no but you can't tell me that most of the improvements felt like new Aspects aka Weapons and Customization.
Naval combat...nuff said

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:42 AM

Tree runing,weather system ,fighting system ,hunting,economic system,naval battles.......

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Naval combat...nuff said

I was amezed when i played first naval mission,it really imperssed me and when they showed demo in Jun i wasnt very impressed

Assassin_M
12-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Alright....Lets get back to Story before we all take a nice vacation out of here :P

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Remember, peoples opinions, don't bother trying to change them.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Remember, peoples opinions, don't bother trying to change them.

True.I dont know if it was posted before but i want to hear your opinions on this http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/737054-AC3-BEST-moments!

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 12:32 PM
^Done

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 02:46 PM
^Done

:)

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM

Tree running was awesome! Tree running during a thundershower was even more awesome !!

she-assassin
12-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Tree running was awesome! Tree running during a thundershower was even more awesome !!
The devs said we would be able to tree-run from one side of the Frontier to the other without touching ground. We can't. That's anything but awesome to me.

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
The devs said we would be able to tree-run from one side of the Frontier to the other without touching ground. We can't. That's anything but awesome to me.

The things we can still do, are still awesome to me..

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Hmmm i didnt expect AC3 to get soo much votes after soo much hating.

TrueAssassin77
12-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Hmmm i didnt expect AC3 to get soo much votes after soo much hating.

the polls continually prove that: the complainers/haters simply scream the loudest.

All the polls are like that lol.

HisSpiritLives
12-11-2012, 04:56 PM
the polls continually prove that: the complainers/haters simply scream the loudest.

All the polls are like that lol.

Well....

TrueAssassin77
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Well....

what i mean is.
haters simply are more vocal about what they dislike. The people who enjoyed the game are busy...enjoying the game.

when polls happen, its not like the haters can spam there hate across the thread, they only get one vote. simply proves that the people who like the game out-numbers the people that don't.

Dagio12
12-11-2012, 05:10 PM

They said that a while back, it was probably there intention, but like a lot of things in development, something have to change for one reason or another. Im sorry you didnt get exactly what you wanted, and therefore can't appreciate what you got. The rest of your life must also be very disappointing with that kind of attitude. :(

TrueAssassin77
12-11-2012, 05:17 PM

i feel sorry for you. I bet if someone saved the world you'd be unimpressed because they claimed they were gonna give out candy too.

i hope you're ready for many "disappointments" in life, because with that attitude that's exactly what you will have.

learn to appreciate what you have....

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 05:20 PM
The haters are always overrepresented because they go and post their whine everywhere, while those who are satisfied with it are enjoying the game. I didn't even consider the hate "sooo" much. Its normal for a game that changes up the formula. Every new game in every franchise is greeted with "RIP *insert franchise*", "dumbing it down" etc etc by a certain portion of the fanbase. Every one of the popular series. I loved Borderlands 2, it was well-received by both critics and fans alike, yet there are a portion of fans on Gearbox forums who think this game is an insult to the franchise.

So I was not at all surprised at the treatment AC III received. It is inevitable.

pacmanate
12-11-2012, 05:25 PM
what i mean is.
haters simply are more vocal about what they dislike. The people who enjoyed the game are busy...enjoying the game.

when polls happen, its not like the haters can spam there hate across the thread, they only get one vote. simply proves that the people who like the game out-numbers the people that don't.

Actually AC2 has at least 1/3rd more votes than AC3...

SCAgent95
12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
The haters are always overrepresented because they go and post their whine everywhere, while those who are satisfied with it are enjoying the game. I didn't even consider the hate "sooo" much. Its normal for a game that changes up the formula. Every new game in every franchise is greeted with "RIP *insert franchise*", "dumbing it down" etc etc by a certain portion of the fanbase. Every one of the popular series. I loved Borderlands 2, it was well-received by both critics and fans alike, yet there are a portion of fans on Gearbox forums who think this game is an insult to the franchise.

So I was not at all surprised at the treatment AC III received. It is inevitable.

Borderlands 2 is hated by fans? i though it was an improvement from the first one in every way. :confused:

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Borderlands 2 is hated by fans? i though it was an improvement from the first one in every way. :confused:

So I thought, yet there are people over their forums who think it is a fail game. Not just that, even the DLCs are fail. They also accuse Gearbox of catering to the "casual gamers" (the go-to accusation these days.) There is always this "purist" group in a game's fanbase who strike down the new installments and think the old ones were godlike.

Not that any of that matters. I'll continue to enjov Borderlands 2 despite what anybody tells me, same for AC3.

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 05:55 PM
There is always this "purist" group in a game's fanbase who strike down the new installments and think the old ones were godlike.

And there's always people, who rush protecting their precious game instead of actually "enjoying". This battle will never end )

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 06:00 PM
And there's always people, who rush protecting their precious game instead of actually "enjoying".

And how would you know they aren't they actually enjoying their game? Lol.

TinyTemplar
12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
And how would you know they aren't they actually enjoying their game? Lol.
Complicated philosophical question, I have to think ;) Maybe we enjoy it too, but we see some features that could have been improved in our favorite game and point it out. But some people can like the game so much that they become completely blind to it's growing disadvantages.

pirate1802
12-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Complicated philosophical question, I have to think ;) Maybe we enjoy it too, but we see some features that could have been improved in our favorite game and point it out. But some people can like the game so much that they become completely blind to it's growing disadvantages.

The difference between a fan and a fanboi..

Lightpex
12-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Assassin's Creed Revelations revealed the most in the AC storyline. The AC2 trilogy was by far the past story overall though. Wish AC3 Had more of the actually Assassins Creed in than juts a renegade indian. Still loved it though.