PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Activation problems

ckinsel
12-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I just recently bought a graphics card from newegg which came with AC3. I was given a 24 digit code which I redeemed for a shorter code on geforce.com. I then used the shorter code to authorize the download of the game itself. After I let that finish, I went to play AC3 through uplay, but its asking for a CD key. Both the 24 digit and short codes I was given are invalid. How am I supposed to activate this game?

ckinsel
12-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I went to shop.ubi.com and looked up the faq and found this:
"Do I need to enter CD keys or activation codes?
No, activation codes and keys are handled automatically by the system.
More questions? Back to Main Help Page"

EDIT: I figured it out. I must say, this entire process was absolutely the least user-friendly process I have ever seen for activating a game online.
Im not sure ubisoft understands what they are putting their customers through, so I have taken the liberty of listing the steps necessary to activate one of their games via promo-code that came with a video card:

1) Receive game code
2) Go to geforce.com/gamenamehere
3) Trade game code for promo-code
4) Use promo-code to buy game for free
5) Download the game (in my case) into 23 seperate archive folders.
6) Navigate manually to gamename.exe to play game (because uplay does not recognize that the game I bought is in my-games)
7) Retrieve game cd-key from email/
8) Activate game

This process just boggles my mind, I don't understand how this is the best thing ubisoft could come up with. I don't mean to be biased, but Steam is a 1 step process. I don't understand how ubisoft could be THIS user un-friendly.

I am dissapoint.

@Mod: Close thread please

fbronner
12-10-2012, 02:47 AM
I went to shop.ubi.com and looked up the faq and found this:
"Do I need to enter CD keys or activation codes?
No, activation codes and keys are handled automatically by the system.
More questions? Back to Main Help Page"

EDIT: I figured it out. I must say, this entire process was absolutely the least user-friendly process I have ever seen for activating a game online.
Im not sure ubisoft understands what they are putting their customers through, so I have taken the liberty of listing the steps necessary to activate one of their games via promo-code that came with a video card:

1) Receive game code
2) Go to geforce.com/gamenamehere
3) Trade game code for promo-code
4) Use promo-code to buy game for free
5) Download the game (in my case) into 23 seperate archive folders.
6) Navigate manually to gamename.exe to play game (because uplay does not recognize that the game I bought is in my-games)
7) Retrieve game cd-key from email/
8) Activate game

This process just boggles my mind, I don't understand how this is the best thing ubisoft could come up with. I don't mean to be biased, but Steam is a 1 step process. I don't understand how ubisoft could be THIS user un-friendly.

I am dissapoint.

@Mod: Close thread please

Having the same issue, but its not working for me. The game code I have received as an email is being refused as being invalid.

How do I contact UIB support?

imariusxd
12-10-2012, 05:14 PM
when i enter my promo code and click apply, nothing happens. i cant even get the discount:|