PDA

View Full Version : "Betting Against the House" is meant to be impossible to finish

hifaracry
12-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Hello, this mission "Betting Against the House" is impossible to finish, well for PC it is impossible, the rocket launchers are everywhere .. Rockets are being shot at us from everywhere, it's impossible to finish.. Took me 2 days, and I still can't finish it. Can you release a patch where you can decrease the RPG shooters? It's just ridiculous how this mission is and how they shoot at you. I swore a lot these two days.. Jesus..

TimCole
01-06-2013, 05:05 AM
It's not impossible, but it's very, very frustrating. I don't know if I completed the mission by sheer luck, or if the umpteen failures let me predict where the threats were concentrated. One thing I did notice --- avoid blowing things up when they're near the helo.

A few extra checkpoints would have made this much less frustrating. At least you could just redo the last few segments.

DR-MAMBO1979
01-06-2013, 07:38 AM
change ur difficulty in gameplay settings to medium. for some reason its impossible on easy. I got past it first time easily on medium, yet everyone who says rpgs keep getting them, all hav it on easy.

karmakgb
01-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Must be something wrong with your game... Never had a major problem on the highest difficulty setting.

Nice hyperbole but *shrug*

rcole_sooner
01-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Well, not impossible. I (and obviously many others) finished it on the PC.

I did it without any special syringes or the signature sniper rifle or Japanese kife.

I mostly relied on grenade arrows for the heavy armoreds. The silenced sniper rifle and one of the higher end assault rifles (don't remember which one) for the rest.

Tommex84
01-06-2013, 09:18 AM
If anyone is using trainers (example: Far Cry 3 v1.01 Plus 18 Trainer) turn them off before entering the helicopter and the mission will be a piece of cake.
Saw that on youtube and decided to try it. So I downloaded the trainer and tried it in this mission and sure enough the mission was impossible to beat. Turned the trainer off and the mission was once again a piece of cake.

cheers:)

Nicolas-1979
01-06-2013, 11:20 AM
I passed it in the first time with the higher difficulty setting. I think you need to aim faster. Shoot like crazy.
Before the helicopter part, climb to the roof where the brother is and take cover, and clear the area from there.