PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Next AC to be set in South America. (Brazil?)

Turul.
12-09-2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-assassins-creed-set-in-brazil-6401294

"The next Assassin's Creed game may be set in Brazil. Ubisoft Brazil managing director Bertrand Chaverot told Techtudo this week that the next entry in the company's stealth-action series is heading to the South American country.

The report was published in Portuguese and GameSpot has confirmed the translation. A representative from Ubisoft's North American outfit was not immediately available for comment.

The Assassin's Creed franchise is no stranger to Brazil. This year's Assassin's Creed III had missions set in the South American country.

Ubisoft has released a new core Assassin's Creed game every year since 2009, though no new entry is confirmed for 2013. However, a recent Ubisoft survey suggested a new game in the franchise--that may include co-op--could be on store shelves next year."

Well that just through me off. Was for sure it'd be in France or continue in the developing colonies.

rileypoole1234
12-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Last time Ubi Brazil said something was going to happen in Brazil in AC, they were telling the truth...

lothario-da-be
12-09-2012, 06:29 PM
well for ac you always have to keep in mind they like to surprise you with new creative locations. Sounds pretty boring but i THOUGHT that for ac3 too. And then i played it...

Turul.
12-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Here's a little bit of history from the Brazil Wikipedia Page, a few years after the events of AC3

After the Portuguese military had successfully repelled Napoleon's invasion, João VI returned to Europe in April 1821, leaving his elder son Prince Pedro de Alcântara as regent to rule Brazil.[45] The Portuguese government, guided by the new political regime imposed by the Liberal Revolution of 1820, attempted to turn Brazil into a colony once again, thus depriving it of its achievements since 1808.[46] The Brazilians refused to yield and Prince Pedro stood by them declaring the country's independence from Portugal on 7 September 1822.[47]

Dom Pedro II, Emperor of Brazil for 58 years. Dolphin Painting the House (1879).
On 12 October 1822, he was declared the first Emperor of Brazil and crowned Dom Pedro I on 1 December 1822.[48] At that time most Brazilians were in favour of a monarchy and republicanism had little support.[49][50] The subsequent Brazilian War of Independence spread through almost the entire territory, with battles in the northern, northeastern, and southern regions.[51] The last Portuguese soldiers surrendered on 8 March 1824[52] and independence was recognized by Portugal on 29 August 1825.[53]

Pedro I abdicated on 7 April 1831 and went to Europe to reclaim his daughter’s crown which had been usurped by his brother, leaving behind his five year old son and heir, who became Dom Pedro II.[54] As the new emperor could not exert his constitutional powers until he reached maturity, a regency was created.[55] Disputes between political factions led to rebellions and an unstable, almost anarchical, regency.[56] The rebellious factions, however, were not in revolt against the monarchy,[57][58] even though some declared the secession of the provinces as independent republics, but only so long as Pedro II was a minor.[59] Because of this, he was prematurely declared of age and "Brazil was to enjoy nearly half a century of internal peace and rapid material progress."[60]

Despite the loss of Cisplatina in 1828 when it became an independent nation known as Uruguay,[61] Brazil won three international wars during the 58-year reign of Pedro II (the Platine War, the Uruguayan War and the Paraguayan War)[62] and witnessed the consolidation of representative democracy, mainly due to successive elections and unrestricted freedom of the press.[63] Most importantly, slavery was extinguished after a slow but steady process that began with the end of the international traffic in slaves in 1850[64] and ended with the complete abolition of slavery in 1888.[65] The slave population had been in decline since Brazil's independence: in 1823, 29% of the Brazilian population were slaves but by 1887 this had fallen to 5%.[66]

When the monarchy was overthrown on 15 November 1889[67] there was little desire in Brazil to change the form of government[68] and Pedro II was at the height of his popularity among his subjects.[69][70] However, he "bore prime, perhaps sole, responsibility for his own overthrow."[71] After the death of his two sons, the Emperor believed that "the imperial regime was destined to end with him."[72] He cared little for the regime's fate[73][74] and so neither did anything, nor allowed anyone else to do anything, to prevent the military coup, backed by former slave owners who resented the abolition of slavery.[75][76][77]

lothario-da-be
12-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I actualy thought more about modern day brasil. I don't think the buildings were very impessive back then.

catkiller97
12-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Whoooo :p

Turul.
12-09-2012, 06:40 PM
I actualy thought more about modern day brasil. I don't think the buildings were very impessive back then.

I cant see how'd they make it a modern day game.
unless you could somehow revisit very recent memories.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 06:41 PM
it Could work i wonder why they would go with the Animus though when we have to kill JUNO

montagemik
12-09-2012, 06:45 PM
well for ac you always have to keep in mind they like to surprise you with new creative locations. Sounds pretty boring but i THOUGHT that for ac3 too. And then i played it...

Would give them the perfect opportunity to expand on the new Tree running mechanics - Plenty of Jungle to explore & More animals for Connor to hunt.

They did a great job with the Mayan temple level (short as it was ) So it's possible i suppose.

lothario-da-be
12-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Would give them the perfect opportunity to expand on the new Tree running mechanics - Plenty of Jungle to explore & More animals for Connor to hunt.

They did a great job with the Mayan temple level (short as it was ) So it's possible i suppose.
True, tree running and hunting can be expanded, there would be tombs again and Connor has a reason to go there ( slaves)

killzab
12-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Won't buy it if it's the case ...'nuff said

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Why kill you honestly know nothing about the game just because its in one area your not going to buy it.

lothario-da-be
12-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Won't buy it if it's the case ...'nuff said
and why exactly?

catkiller97
12-09-2012, 06:54 PM
hmmmm Just because of setting u won't buy? wait for details. :)

And this could be a Rumor.

and i crossed 400 post :P

killzab
12-09-2012, 06:55 PM
The historical period isn't compelling enough ... Even though the american revolution wasn't as nice as the italian renaissance IMO... it was more important for history than Brazil ...

I just don't care about the history of Brazil ... and I do know a little about it ..

And I've been wanting the french revolution for 3 years now ...

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 07:01 PM
The French revolution might happen after the Brazil game who knows

ze_topazio
12-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Wouldn't mind that, i have to admit i only like that because Portugal would be involved in some way though.

Not long after the American revolution there was a failed revolution in Brazil inspired by the American revolution, in AC3 we saw Connor dealing with a sucessful revolution so it could be interesting to see Connor dealing with a failed revolution.

lothario-da-be
12-09-2012, 07:03 PM
The historical period isn't compelling enough ... Even though the american revolution wasn't as nice as the italian renaissance IMO... it was more important for history than Brazil ...

I just don't care about the history of Brazil ... and I do know a little about it ..

The game will be about Connors story and not about Brasil its history...

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
The game will be about Connors story and not about Brasil its history... I wonder how they will implement this as Connor doesn't know much about the Templars outside of America which are all dead at the end of 3

lothario-da-be
12-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I wonder how they will implement this as Connor doesn't know much about the Templars outside of America which are all dead at the end of 3
The epilouge missions of ac3 show slaves, so i guess his fight against slavery will take him too South America, where he meets Templars.

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Well, the game could easily take place during the Inconfidência Mineira and the events leading up to it and shortly afterwards, which could easily be between 1788 and 1792 and Connor could still be compelled to go to France after that. There could easily be a game covering the beginnings of the French Revolution with Aveline, which could work with the influence of feminist movements during the French Revolution. Connor could head towards France as the revolutionary wars pick up steam and he could witness Napoleon with the apple of Eden.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
The epilouge missions of ac3 show slaves, so i guess his fight against slavery will take him too South America, where he meets Templars.
Surprised after what he said to Adams we couldn't kill the Slave Auctioneer

ze_topazio
12-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Surprised after what he said to Adams we couldn't kill the Slave Auctioneer

After the cutscene i went to Slave trader and killed him, of course i got the message that Connor didn't kill civilians but who cares.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 07:32 PM
After the cutscene i went to Slave trader and killed him, of course i got the message that Connor didn't kill civilians but who cares.
yeah lol i hope they somehow find a way to tie this in with us finding a POE that can Delete Juno

TheHumanTowel
12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm very wary about this if it's true. If this game is coming out next year I don't think the dev team will have the time to properly build a completely new setting and address gameplay issues from AC3. They got away with it with the Ezio spin-offs because they stayed within the same setting so it wasn't that much of a stretch to build another city. But If this is true I honestly think Ubiosft have bitten off more than they can chew and this annual cycle they've adopted will come back to haunt them. Rushing game developers to make unfeasible deadlines does not make great games but unfortunately I don't think that's what Ubi is concerned with.

dxsxhxcx
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I am brazilian and I read the article where they say Bertrand Chaverot said we could have an AC game set in Brazil, they didn't put his exact words in the article so it's hard to understand if they were talking about more missions in Brazil or an entire game set on my country, the way I interpreted the article he didn't say anything about the NEXT game being set in Brazil, just that they could use it as a setting for a future AC game.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm very wary about this if it's true. If this game is coming out next year I don't think the dev team will have the time to properly build a completely new setting and address gameplay issues from AC3. They got away with it with the Ezio spin-offs because they stayed within the same setting so it wasn't that much of a stretch to build another city. But If this is true I honestly think Ubiosft have bitten off more than they can chew and this annual cycle they've adopted will come back to haunt them. Rushing game developers to make unfeasible deadlines does not make great games but unfortunately I don't think that's what Ubi is concerned with.
I Believe that the next game will not be AC4 but another spin off

Turul.
12-09-2012, 07:48 PM

I think your underestimating the differences between ac2 and ac:b

rome , florence, venice, and tuscany are all very different places and are all visually different.
and every game has a different dev team and different creative directors.. they didnt make ac r in a year. more like 2.

Turul.
12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
the history of liberation of south america as a continent follows along the lines of freedom more than the brazilian history

The European Peninsular War (1807–1814), a theater of the Napoleonic Wars, changed the political situation of both the Spanish and Portuguese colonies. First, Napoleon invaded Portugal, but the House of Braganza avoided capture by escaping to Brazil. Napoleon also captured King Ferdinand VII of Spain, and appointed his own brother instead. This appointment provoked severe popular resistance, which created Juntas to rule in the name of the captured king.

Many cities in the Spanish colonies, however, considered themselves equally authorized to appoint local Juntas like those of Spain. This began the Spanish American wars of independence between the patriots, who promoted such autonomy, and the royalists, who supported Spanish authority over the Americas. The Juntas, in both Spain and the Americas, promoted the ideas of the Enlightenment. Five years after the beginning of the war, Ferdinand VII returned to the throne and began the Absolutist Restoration as the royalists got the upper hand in the conflict.

The independence of South America was secured by Simón Bolívar (Venezuela) and José de San Martín (Argentina), the two most important Libertadores. Bolívar led a great uprising in the north, then led his army southward towards Lima, the capital of the Viceroyalty of Peru. Meanwhile, San Martín led an army across the Andes Mountains, along with Chilean expatriates, and liberated Chile. He organized a fleet to reach Peru by sea, and sought the military support of various rebels from the Viceroyalty of Peru. The two armies finally met in Guayaquil, Ecuador, where they cornered the Royal Army of the Spanish Crown and forced its surrender.

In the Portuguese kingdom of Brazil and Algarve, Dom Pedro I (also Pedro IV of Portugal), son of the Portuguese King Dom João VI, proclaimed the independent Kingdom of Brazil in 1822, which later became the Empire of Brazil. Despite the Portuguese loyalties of garrisons in Bahia and Pará, independence was diplomatically accepted by the crown in Portugal, on condition of a high compensation paid by Brazil.

The newly independent nations began a process of Balkanization, with several civil and international wars. However, it was not as strong as in Central America. Some countries created from provinces of larger countries stayed as such up to modern day (such as Paraguay or Uruguay), while others were reconquered and reincorporated into their former countries (such as the Republic of Entre Ríos and the Riograndense Republic).

rileypoole1234
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM

But Ubi did build another new city... Two actually. One each year.

I can see it happening. I don't think it's likely, but I can see it.

slade109
12-09-2012, 08:08 PM
as long as it doesn't take place in japan i'm fine with it! no offense to those who want ninjas, but it'd probably ruin the whole series for me if it did go ninja

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 08:10 PM
as long as it doesn't take place in japan i'm fine with it! no offense to those who want ninjas, but it'd probably ruin the whole series for me if it did go ninja
Hmm Ninja's are the best Assassins ever so yeah it would though unless we went Back further in time which would make sense if we were trying to find a POE to kill Juno

montagemik
12-09-2012, 08:12 PM

SNAP !! I Did the same thing - After the look connor gave him in the cutscene , i figured Connor wouldn't mind too much :o

SO I shot him in the head with the Bow. (well worth the warning)

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Too little info to make any judgement....but IDK...not feeling it.

montagemik
12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Hmm Ninja's are the best Assassins ever so yeah it would though unless we went Back further in time which would make sense if we were trying to find a POE to kill Juno

Japan Doesn't have to equal NINJA ,
There's no reason we can't have a little samurai swordplay - Or at the very least pick up a few hand to hand combat techniques.
The westernisation of japan could just as easily have guns as an enemy weapon - (as shown in 'The last Samurai' ) The templars were involved in many countries & trade routes supposedly, AC-3 has already shown the Templars interest in controlling / manipulating rebellion for it's own purposes. .

Anytime in History should be open - Especially anywhere with Assassin's . We've already had more than a few nods towards the Orient in past AC games, But little explanation how important Japan/orient was to the Templars so far.

Not saying it's likely - but nothing should be ruled out due to stereotypes - despite the Devs comments on the subject.

pacmanate
12-09-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't want another American country as a setting. I want Amsterdam and Red Lights.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Japan Doesn't have to equal NINJA ,
There's no reason we can't have a little samurai swordplay - Or at the very least pick up a few hand to hand combat techniques.
The westernisation of japan could just as easily have guns as an enemy weapon - (as shown in 'The last Samurai' ) The templars were involved in many countries & trade routes supposedly, AC-3 has already shown the Templars interest in controlling / manipulating rebellion for it's own purposes. .

Anytime in History should be open - Especially anywhere with Assassin's . We've already had more than a few nods towards the Orient in past AC games, But little explanation how important Japan/orient was to the Templars so far.

Not saying it's likely - but nothing should be ruled out due to stereotypes - despite the Devs comments on the subject. just saying Assassins make me think of Ninja's

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2012, 08:44 PM
http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-doesnt-really-want-an-assassins-creed-either

Just gonna leave this when it comes to all the Japan talk

IN ANY CASE. I personally would welcome an Assassin's Creed in South America. Personally, I'd love seeing one set with Connor, and one during the wars of Independence with another character (as Connor would be pretty old by that point). Minas Gerais could work as a huge Frontier-like area and Ouro Prieto, Diamantina and São João del Rei as towns located throughout the area, covering a total area that would be as much as the city section of Rome (meaning about 1/3rd of the map) and the other 2/3rds being the Brazilian wilderness. It has quite a lot of potential, that.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-doesnt-really-want-an-assassins-creed-either

Just gonna leave this when it comes to all the Japan talk

IN ANY CASE. I personally would welcome an Assassin's Creed in South America. Personally, I'd love seeing one set with Connor, and one during the wars of Independence with another character (as Connor would be pretty old by that point). Minas Gerais could work as a huge Frontier-like area and Ouro Prieto, Diamantina and São João del Rei as towns located throughout the area, covering a total area that would be as much as the city section of Rome (meaning about 1/3rd of the map) and the other 2/3rds being the Brazilian wilderness. It has quite a lot of potential, that. Ninja's did everything Assassins in AC do though minus being Mercenaries. We could pit our Assassin skills against Ninja Templars

Sushiglutton
12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Interesting, makes sense tbh. I mean they can keep expanding on trees/rainforest. And Connor can visit other tribes and fight injustice. Also Brazil has a long coast ;). Then they could make a French Revolution game as a debut on the new consoles 2014.

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Going to Brazil seems more like an Aveline thing...

Hmm...
Aveline Story
Connor Story
Co-op Story

???

jamgamerforever
12-09-2012, 09:55 PM
After a quick visit to wikipedia, I found out that slavery was abolished in Brazil in 1888, with the monarchy being overthrown one year later, in 1889. Sounds like Ratonhnhake:ton's work, no?

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
So.. Connor's gonna live to be over 100 years old?

jamgamerforever
12-09-2012, 09:59 PM
So.. Connor's gonna live to be over 100 years old?

Crap. Well, that makes me look stupid. :p

Turul.
12-09-2012, 10:20 PM
After a quick visit to wikipedia, I found out that slavery was abolished in Brazil in 1888, with the monarchy being overthrown one year later, in 1889. Sounds like Ratonhnhake:ton's work, no?

that's 100 years later

unless its his kid...otherwise no...

pacmanate
12-09-2012, 10:24 PM
Why would Connor go to Brazil? What fun things happened in Brazil?

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 10:24 PM
AC Liberation Can't be Canon guys sorry because Haytham was using the War to Establish a Templar Order in the new World yet somehow their were Templars there before the Revolution plot holes total plotholes. Unless maybe there were Templars in Lousiana but why they only went to the Colonies to find the site why go there at all ?

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
..Liberation IS canon.

Also, Haytham was establishing the Templar Order in Colonial Britain.

The Templar order in Liberation was based around the Caribbean.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
..Liberation IS canon.

Also, Haytham was establishing the Templar Order in Colonial Britain.

The Templar order in Liberation was based around the Caribbean. Wrong New France which was fighting a war with Colonial America at the time Haytham arrives.

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
I guess I just imagined Chichen Itza then.

It's canon, no matter what you personally think.

BATISTABUS
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
This could be awesome...but I hope we still play as Connor (if this is next year's installment).

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 10:44 PM
I guess I just imagined Chichen Itza then.

It's canon, no matter what you personally think. Then they have Retcon to do because some of the things don't line up

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 10:47 PM
But everything does line up..

The Templar order that Haytham was founding isn't the same one as in Liberation (which was separate).

DavisP92
12-09-2012, 11:02 PM
What time period could this game take place, does it have to happen after AC3?

Turul.
12-09-2012, 11:03 PM
let's try to stay on topic here..

@BATISTABUS

there has been a few hints...especially from alex hutchinson that connor is here to stay, atleast for one more

Turul.
12-09-2012, 11:04 PM

if they are sticking with connor, (which i bet they are)

then yes

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 11:06 PM
But everything does line up..

The Templar order that Haytham was founding isn't the same one as in Liberation (which was separate). But the Templars have only one Order. Which Haytham is Grandmaster of therefore Leader of all so the Company man would have to anwser to him

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2012, 11:52 PM

In 1789 there was a failed independence movement known as Inconfidência Mineira, so that could work. I don't know much about it and they most likely have the history of that better documented in Brazil, so they could find what works with that. I've been thinking, considering that starts the same year as the French Revolution, that maybe Aveline witnesses the beginnings of the French Revolution and then Lafayette gets in contact with Connor somehow after he's arrested, maybe? Then Connor gets to France and meets up with Aveline again as the Revolutionary Wars begin and there's something big right there that could wait for the next generation of consoles which would be just perfect.

silvermercy
12-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Not too excited on the location if that's the case. Nothing wrong with Brazil but for an AC setting I'd be more interested in a setting like London, Paris or even better ancient Greece. The latter would be my favourite actually! The location is VERY important for an AC setting; you have to make the gamers excited about that, too.
Oh well, let's hope I'll see a bit more Connor in Brazil if that's the case! That would make it better and me more interested.

Deadlysyns666
12-10-2012, 12:18 AM
In 1789 there was a failed independence movement known as Inconfidência Mineira, so that could work. I don't know much about it and they most likely have the history of that better documented in Brazil, so they could find what works with that. I've been thinking, considering that starts the same year as the French Revolution, that maybe Aveline witnesses the beginnings of the French Revolution and then Lafayette gets in contact with Connor somehow after he's arrested, maybe? Then Connor gets to France and meets up with Aveline again as the Revolutionary Wars begin and there's something big right there that could wait for the next generation of consoles which would be just perfect. I would Rather wait till Napeloen comes on the scene for French game

Rugterwyper32
12-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Napoleon actually came into the picture of the French Revolutionary Wars in 1793, one year after I'm thinking that could start, and he effectively became ruler of France in 1799, so it could all fit if the development of a big scale game having, say, both Connor and Aveline, is left for a next gen console.

Dan Pen 97
12-10-2012, 12:28 AM
It would be good to see a new game come out oh :D

Deadlysyns666
Napoleon actually came into the picture of the French Revolutionary Wars in 1793, one year after I'm thinking that could start, and he effectively became ruler of France in 1799, so it could all fit if the development of a big scale game having, say, both Connor and Aveline, is left for a next gen console. He had a POE in the timeline but likely they will mess up and have a George Washington type mix up in the story

egriffin09
This sounds interesting if they take the idea of the frontier and expand upon it to the jungles of brazil. Although I'm not sure how fun the city gameplay will be as far as architecture and building are concerned.

Dan Pen 97
12-10-2012, 12:30 AM
This sounds interesting if they take the idea of the frontier and expand upon it to the jungles of brazil. Although I'm not sure how fun the city gameplay will be as far as architecture and building are concerned.

Will just have to wait and see how they do it wont we :)

Rugterwyper32
12-10-2012, 12:32 AM
The area they could cover is the Minas Gerais area, and here are a few examples of the Colonial cities of the area (which seem to have been conserved quite well, judging by this)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Panor%C3%A2mica_de_Ouro_Preto.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CExxo5uPEg8/TMs0WSh4O2I/AAAAAAAAAjQ/YIpokDVDbTA/s0/P9230042.JPG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Diamantina_vista_do_Cruzeiro.jpg

So there could be some entertaining city gameplay, in part thanks to the terrain

Dan Pen 97
12-10-2012, 12:42 AM
The area they could cover is the Minas Gerais area, and here are a few examples of the Colonial cities of the area (which seem to have been conserved quite well, judging by this)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/Panor%C3%A2mica_de_Ouro_Preto.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CExxo5uPEg8/TMs0WSh4O2I/AAAAAAAAAjQ/YIpokDVDbTA/s0/P9230042.JPG
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Diamantina_vista_do_Cruzeiro.jpg

So there could be some entertaining city gameplay, in part thanks to the terrain

But who will be the DEVS of the new game if they do this in a new game?

D.I.D.
12-10-2012, 01:13 AM

I would breathe a sigh of relief if I were you.

If this one's coming next year, it's unlikely to be exclusive to any new consoles that might be out by then. It will be restricted by the capabilities of the current hardware, and there will perhaps be a more HD version available for whatever new machines have made it to market.

Whatever comes after that will probably be focussed entirely on the next gen. I'm most interested in Victorian and/or Edwardian England/Scotland, and I'd hate to see that one arrive during the last gasp of current gen releases.

ignicaeli
12-10-2012, 01:25 AM
No one seemed to care to look at the original article at "Techtudo" it seems... (Or none know the language at any rate... whatever).
Even though there are some interesting points in Brazil's history that might make a decent game, there is nothing in the entire article that points the setting as the next installment in the series.

It's more an account of the inacuracies of the AC3 brazilian mission, an apology for the portray that does not represent reality, and so on...

Right at the end of the article is the following:
"O diretor da Ubisoft Brasil também chegou a comentar que a empresa já mapeou alguns dados para desenvolver uma trama baseada na história do país, mas nada foi decidido ainda."
Which -roughly- translates as:
Ubisoft Brazil's director also comented that they mapped some data in order to develope a story based in the country's history, but nothing was decided yet.

Its fairly sound to believe that Ubisoft would "scan" as many areas and history as it could in order to have data for future decisions on the next installments (if any are to be developed). Does not mean that Brazil is THE next though.

Rugterwyper32
12-10-2012, 01:26 AM
I would breathe a sigh of relief if I were you.

If this one's coming next year, it's unlikely to be exclusive to any new consoles that might be out by then. It will be restricted by the capabilities of the current hardware, and there will perhaps be a more HD version available for whatever new machines have made it to market.

Whatever comes after that will probably be focussed entirely on the next gen. I'm most interested in Victorian and/or Edwardian England/Scotland, and I'd hate to see that one arrive during the last gasp of current gen releases.

I can agree with the idea of this being relieving. Personally, I really want a French Revolution game, but the way I see it, the scale for it could be even bigger than it currently is and if AC3 made one thing obvious, it is that current gen consoles aren't cutting it anymore. While I loved this game, there's just so much that current gen consoles can do. A smaller scale game in colonial Brazil would work for a very nice game and polishing what's already there (polishing the idea of the frontier right there would be great) but I'd like to see them go for bigger stuff in the future that doesn't go beyond what the consoles they're working on can do.

Rugterwyper32
12-10-2012, 01:30 AM
No one seemed to care to look at the original article at "Techtudo" it seems... (Or none know the language at any rate... whatever).
Even though there are some interesting points in Brazil's history that might make a decent game, there is nothing in the entire article that points the setting as the next installment in the series.

It's more an account of the inacuracies of the AC3 brazilian mission, an apology for the portray that does not represent reality, and so on...

Right at the end of the article is the following:
"O diretor da Ubisoft Brasil também chegou a comentar que a empresa já mapeou alguns dados para desenvolver uma trama baseada na história do país, mas nada foi decidido ainda."
Which -roughly- translates as:
Ubisoft Brazil's director also comented that they mapped some data in order to develope a story based in the country's history, but nothing was decided yet.

Its fairly sound to believe that Ubisoft would "scan" as many areas and history as it could in order to have data for future decisions on the next installments (if any are to be developed). Does not mean that Brazil is THE next though.

Thanks! That certainly clears things up. I hope they do decide upon a game in this location, though, that could be interesting. We'll see what they come up with for the next game, then.

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 01:40 AM
connor better be in it... he better have his own game without some ezio wannabe-butting in.

but of course that will never be the case...

rupok2
12-10-2012, 03:01 AM
I would honestly hate it if they did brazil. Like really? I really doubt their history is that compelling. People talk smack about japan but how many actual games did we play where we explore the true conflicts in japan like an AC game would do? None. Its utterly ridiculous that the team thinks it would be boring/ ****che since everyone else has done it. NO THEY DIDN'T. Most of the japanese western games are some sort of action game without that much compelling story, an Ac game would remake the world from the past and give us insight into the conflicts and history of the time in a realistic sense.

And please no AC next year, I Think if ubisoft continues at this pace they are gonna ruin the franchise.

CalgaryJay
12-10-2012, 03:28 AM
I don't want another American country as a setting. I want Amsterdam and Red Lights.

I can already see the cutscene QTE's..

"Press X to bang"

Deadlysyns666
12-10-2012, 03:45 AM
South America and North America are so different so yeah

Legendz54
12-10-2012, 04:28 AM
Lets not treat this too seriously, They are only rumors, I remember when everyone thought the next AC would be in Egypt because of some Artwork. It Could of been said just to hype up the next game and get the fans talking.

BATISTABUS
12-10-2012, 04:28 AM
I had never even considered the co-op being with Aveline...that would be pretty neat.

DavisP92
12-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Lets not treat this too seriously, They are only rumors, I remember when everyone thought the next AC would be in Egypt because of some Artwork. It Could of been said just to hype up the next game and get the fans talking.

The difference is that they quickly said that those two drawings (Egyptian assassin and Chinese assassin) were just drawings for the art book. Either way, idk if i would like brazil as the main place. Honestly, i don't even know if i care anymore.

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 06:38 AM
connor better be in it... he better have his own game without some ezio wannabe-butting in.

but of course that will never be the case...

Y U so pessimist? I'm sure the next AC would be to AC3 what ACB was to AC2.

AloeDefly
12-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Brazil free running could be pretty sweet. Whether the game is Conner time period or modern, you could create some pretty awesome free running situations. I'm thinking of shacks and shanties in Rio or something, and running through those. Could be a real hot and sweaty Constantinople feeling.

andre982d
12-11-2012, 07:57 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/227/c/a/assassin__s_creed_brazil_by_ishmaeru-d5b62zk.jpg

BohemiaDrinker
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
I would honestly hate it if they did brazil. Like really? I really doubt their history is that compelling.

Well, you`d be wrong. I`ll just quote myself from another thread about the subject:

You know guys, Brazil is way bigger than than Rio and the Amazonian forest. If you take out Haway and Alaska, it`s actually bigger than the USA. Ubisoft actually did a concept art contest for an AC set here in Brazil some months ago (prize was a PS3 and an AC3 copy. I dindin`t win anything. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/frown.png ) and you guys may check out all the entries here:

http://brasil.deviantart.com/gallery/37998664

There`s a lot of crap, but also lots of amazing stuff. There`s at least half a dozen historical time-periods that would fit like a glove (we`ve got slave insurrections, our own version of the Cruzades, a big *** dirty war with Paraguay, a "Revolution" (that was actually a civil war) in the thirties, a very emblematic president that was both elected and sort of a "loved by the people" dictator (who killed himself alone in his bedroom, suspiciously), shady stuff with free masonry, quasi-religous-military leaders, a huge immigration by italian and japanese in the start of the 20th century. There`s a lot that could be done here, really.

That said, I`d prefer India or China.

http://i.imgur.com/NSyYP.png
http://i.imgur.com/jjref.png
http://i.imgur.com/sqxvI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kXWz6.png
http://i.imgur.com/WhDJV.png

DavisP92
12-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Wherever they go, i wish it would be more like AC1 but better. They should have built on that rather than change it then change again to ACB then build up from there. And bring back the whole assassinations, and have the option to assassinate the target without anyone seeing if we do it right and getting out unnoticed. In AC2 the assassinations were great, the only problem was if i killed a target without anyone knowing the bells would still go off.

Oh and the difficulty from the X06 Demo of AC1, with the escaping the city (if we don't get out soon enough then they close the gates) and the physics as well. AC would be so much better if they build the series up from there rather than changing it so much then building it up

B_Crispino
12-12-2012, 02:09 AM
i don't think it would be the very next installment... I'd love to see Connor in the French Revolution also, but if I had to choose a specific time period for France, I'd take the events arround 1848.

DavisP92
12-12-2012, 03:07 AM
I'd say it's better for Ubisoft to start moving back in time, and avoid guns.

prince162010
12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Cool Artwork in south america setting

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/23764_453585414702661_429248028_n.jpg

Rugterwyper32
12-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Since the other thread was closed (makes sense, there were too many threads on this), then I want to repost what I posted in that other one with my idea related to this

"More like as a new character, born in the late 1700, witnessing the wars of independence there and then the Empire of Brazil. At most it would extend to the 1840s, in my eyes, by the time of the consolidation. Did you know that an emperor of theirs abdicated and left the throne to a 5 year old? That caused the formation of a regency and well, anarchy was rampant all over the place.
As for it working as a setting? Even better than Colonial US.

One one hand I mentioned Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela. Maybe change one of them to Argentina. Just from looking at maps you can see it could work out better.
Lima, Peru: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zYWHObquWw...1600/AGI06.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...0/Limc1860.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Per%C3%BA.jpg

Quito, Ecuador: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...aquito1786.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...glo_XIX%29.jpg

Caracas, Venezuela: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...as%2C_1812.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...as_en_1839.jpg
(yes, I know this looks gridded, but that didn't stop New Orleans. Stopped Philly though. HMM)

And finally, as for Brazil, there's Rio de Janeiro: http://objdigital.bn.br/acervo_digit...cart233504.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._San-Bento.jpg

That's my take on it, at least "

BohemiaDrinker
12-12-2012, 06:31 PM
And finally, as for Brazil, there's Rio de Janeiro: http://objdigital.bn.br/acervo_digit...cart233504.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._San-Bento.jpg

That's my take on it, at least "

I think Brazil would work better with the triad of "São Paulo - Rio de Janeiro - Minas Gerais". Those were the 3 states in which most political power start to consolidadate and the stage for most power disputes here (and it remains that way). They also form borders between them.

dewgel
12-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Brazil would be cool, I'd like to see an AC in the Favela. Ultimate viewpoint then leap of faith from the Jesus statue.

But seriously, Connor could be involved in this, couldn't he? And Aveline? Seems plausible for Connor to travel now he has no home.

lothario-da-be
12-12-2012, 09:17 PM
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/227/c/a/assassin__s_creed_brazil_by_ishmaeru-d5b62zk.jpg
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, that was so funny

TOMatXL
12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-assassins-creed-set-in-brazil-6401294

[I]"The next Assassin's Creed game may be set in Brazil. Ubisoft Brazil managing director Bertrand Chaverot told Techtudo this week that the next entry in the company's stealth-action series is heading to the South American country.

Well that just through me off. Was for sure it'd be in France or continue in the developing colonies.

Ah, come on, we all know their going to France since they found out Patrice was a Templar ...
;)

BohemiaDrinker
12-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Brazil would be cool, I'd like to see an AC in the Favela. Ultimate viewpoint then leap of faith from the Jesus statue.

But seriously, Connor could be involved in this, couldn't he? And Aveline? Seems plausible for Connor to travel now he has no home.

I don`t think there were favelas back then...