PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed...new AC player.

tdogg343434
12-09-2012, 06:13 PM
I recently just got the ps3 which included assassins creed 3 in it. Played the game, loved it. My question is, would you recommend playing any of the previous games. I realize graphics and format will not be as up to date, but finding any solid reviews from gamers online seems to be difficult, so some help from you all would be appreciated! Thanks.

psf22
12-09-2012, 06:15 PM
I'd recommend it yes.

the_heat11
12-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Definitely, but if anything, skip over Revelations, unless you want every bit of the story

montagemik
12-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Despite it's age , there are still many parts of AC-1 that still impress me more than AC-3. .

So if you can find it & handle the change in pace that the Original Assassin's Creed offers - I'm pretty sure you'll love AC-2 , AC Brotherhood & Revelations too .

(BTW Don't buy them from the PS Store - they're way overpriced.)

AC is my favourite game series on the PS3 overall.

slade109
12-09-2012, 09:19 PM
FREAKING PLAY ALL THE GAMES, you won't regret it. It might not be as thrilling as it would be if you started from 1 then went up, but at least you get the whole background. There is so muchhhhhh you'll miss out on and not understand if you don't. Also stated above revelations can possibly skipped. I mean it does have some info, but mostly it's just for ezio lovers.

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Absolutely.

You may find AC1 a bit off....but it still is a fantastic game. The Ezio trilogy is brilliant. There is no reason for you to not play the entire series.

Also regarding Revelations - I recommend playing it. Its a refinement of the AC formula and is worth buying JUST for the city of Istanbul alone...it is gorgeous..IMO the best looking AC game...just ahead AC1.

blazefp
12-09-2012, 11:05 PM
AC3 is incomplete without the others. All of them belong to a saga which cannot be comprehended when split apart.

Just one suggestion: take it easy with AC1, it might look repetitive (and it is) but it's for a reason. Just stay focused on the story rather than the cool tricks you can make with Altair.

Also, you may find it a little bit "worse" than the others because Altair was considerably slower than Ezio and Connor, but that's because Desmond isn't used to parkour and can't climb walls as fast as he does on AC2 or 3.

KOM_95
12-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Play them all but if you can only play a few play AC2 and Brotherhood.

Out2GETxyOuu44
12-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I did the same thing. I played the first one and little of the secound one, but never finshed them. Went out and bought AC3 played through and loved it. Now I myself am going back through the games. I'm currently on BrotherHood right now. KOM_95....I have to say I was having alot of fun, but Brotherhood just isn't pulling me into the game like AC1 2 and 3 have. Maybe just need to get further into it I guess...I am excited to get to Revalations soon.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 11:16 PM
Yep, just expect much different controls. I'd start w/ Ezio's trilogy, [AC2, ACB, ACR] but that's just me.

xXMrGR1NCHXx
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
If anything you must play AC2, it is an amazing game you won't regret purchasing.

she-assassin
12-10-2012, 11:58 PM
I recommend starting from the beginning. The actual beginning which is AC1, not like some people who start with Ezio's trilogy and call it a deal. AC2 is not the beginning of the series. There's a reason it's called Assassin's Creed TWO and not idk for example Assassin's Creed or Assassin's Creed 1.

Soulid_Snake
12-11-2012, 05:24 AM
AC2, in my opinion and a lot of others, is the best of the series and one of the best games ever made. It's well rounded, with, engaging characters, brilliant dialogue, solid and fluid gameplay, beautiful visuals, loads of things to do, and a amazing soundtrack.

If you're just looking for a fun and technically good experience, AC Revelations is a good runner up. Theres so much more added, improved combat, real time strategy, parachuting, the hook blade(awesome tool/weapon) and the visuals in my opinion look better than AC3.