PDA

View Full Version : Sorry AC3, you've been replaced [FC3/AC3 spoilers]

the_heat11
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Don't get me wrong, i love this game. But after getting Far Cry 3, it's just that it got so much stuff right. Now, I know ot was kind of a stupid move posting this here (AC3 fanboys) but the Far Cry 3 forums are...unfamiliar to me. So anyone else here actually like FC3 more? It is still a Ubi game after all...

H4rry Pl0pper
12-09-2012, 05:42 PM
haven't got to it yet, unfortunately ACIII is the only game I've had time for this year. After finals, it's first on my list.:cool:

JCearlyyears
12-09-2012, 05:53 PM
I just beat it! I love this game. I had a spare 60 and decided to pick it up. It was a horrible idea considering my massive hate for Ubisoft games because I think that they are generally of low quality( Ghost recon future soldier, call of juarez, Naruto, and Splinter Cell Conviction, just my opinion) but I decided that I wanted it anyway. What a great game. Maybe it's because I had very low expectations from it. AC3 disappointed because it did not meet hype or expectations. I had none for Farcry 3 so when I played it I loved it.

the_heat11
12-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I just beat it! I love this game. I had a spare 60 and decided to pick it up. It was a horrible idea considering my massive hate for Ubisoft games because I think that they are generally of low quality( Ghost recon future soldier, call of juarez, Naruto, and Splinter Cell Conviction, just my opinion) but I decided that I wanted it anyway. What a great game. Maybe it's because I had very low expectations from it. AC3 disappointed because it did not meet hype or expectations. I had none for Farcry 3 so when I played it I loved it.

Yeah, funny cuz i noticed that my all time fav games are actually the ones that I did not follow pre-release, and i would just get it after release and after seeing all the good reviews

HisSpiritLives
12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah maybe we knew too much detail about AC3 but i still think it is way better than FC3 mainly because of story,no one can beat AC story so far.

the_heat11
12-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah maybe we knew too much detail about AC3 but i still think it is way better than FC3 mainly because of story,no one can beat AC story so far.

yeah, Ac3 has an amazing story, but FC3's immersion, omg ( Hud notwithstanding)

BBALive
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
I actually agree. Games can't technically achieve true emergence but Far Cry 3 does a good job of replicating it.

rileypoole1234
12-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Far Cry 3 really is a fantastic game.

Velsyn-
12-09-2012, 07:12 PM
I got far cry 3 for free and it was the first far cry i've ever played. Im amazed at the graphics. But after just getting 100% completion on AC3, i cant help but feel as im playing FC3 that im just playing a modern day/weapon style AC3. I just see to many similarties as im playing so i havent been able to get into FC3 so far

the_heat11
12-09-2012, 07:20 PM
I got far cry 3 for free and it was the first far cry i've ever played. Im amazed at the graphics. But after just getting 100% completion on AC3, i cant help but feel as im playing FC3 that im just playing a modern day/weapon style AC3. I just see to many similarties as im playing so i havent been able to get into FC3 so far

True, but you gotta remeber that they were both made by Ubisoft Montreal

Aphex_Tim
12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
I still really think that if AC3's marketing didn't create such a tremendous hype around it, AC3 would receive so much negativity. It's not a bad game by a long shot, I just think that everyone is too focused on it's flaws, which every game has. Yet AC3 gets judged on it too much.

ACfan443
12-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Far Cry 3 looks amazing and I really want it, but I can't right now cause I need to focus on studies (I've spent way too much time playing AC3 and neglecting work)

slade109
12-09-2012, 07:36 PM
do you need to play the other games first before the 3rd one. I usually play the first games before other ones I just don't have the money this year, but i hear so many good things about far cry 3 i might get it, but one question is there anyway to make it not 1st person like 3rd person would be amazing, but i understand if it can't. I'm just not a fan of 3rd person games other than dead island

kriegerdesgottes
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I still haven't played it yet but you are not the first to tell me it's much better than ACIII. I am definitely going to have to give it a shot when it goes down a little in price. Tbh I'm still patiently awaiting whatever Patrice Desilets is making to see if I can replace my obsession with AC with whatever he is making. I hope it's as good as POP and AC were.

pacmanate
12-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Far Cry 3 does open world so much better, which is why I favour it.

DavisP92
12-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Don't get me wrong, i love this game. But after getting Far Cry 3, it's just that it got so much stuff right. Now, I know ot was kind of a stupid move posting this here (AC3 fanboys) but the Far Cry 3 forums are...unfamiliar to me. So anyone else here actually like FC3 more? It is still a Ubi game after all...

Better story, better characters, more freedom, etc. All in all, Far Cry 3 is better and AC should take notes from them

pacmanate
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Better story, better characters, more freedom, etc. All in all, Far Cry 3 is better and AC should take notes from them

Agreed, forget about hype. Just compare story, characters, freedom and all the stuff you can do and Far Cry 3 wins.

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 08:50 PM

I do

In fact it is easily a GOTY contender.

Farcry 3 gets Sandbox and open world. It is a brilliant design. THIS is what AC3 SHOULD've been.

The stealth, although streamlined and does take a few liberties with realism...is one of the best systems I've seen....and this is after playing Hitman and Dishonored. It is just fantastic how they managed to add in such depth, tactical decision making and layers upon layers of playstyle choices within this system.

I can safely say that taking down an enemy outpost without triggering the alarm is one of the MOST satisfying stealth experiences this year. It is permissive, accessible and doesn't outright punish you YET it is challenging. These guys nailed difficulty.

AC4 should straight up copy-pasta from FC3's playbook.

Y'know it seems weird

Splinter Cell Conviction
Farcry 2
Farcry 3
Ghost Recon Future Soldier

ALL of the above offer stealth-action as the meat and bones of the gameplay. ALL are Ubisoft titles.

YET

AC3 suffers from some horrendous design choices and AI. As a stealth action title from Ubisoft...it just doesn't make sense for AC3 to suck balls.

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I still haven't played it yet but you are not the first to tell me it's much better than ACIII. I am definitely going to have to give it a shot when it goes down a little in price. Tbh I'm still patiently awaiting whatever Patrice Desilets is making to see if I can replace my obsession with AC with whatever he is making. I hope it's as good as POP and AC were.
why does everyone get such a hard on over Patrice Desilets?

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Never Compare a FPS to a Third person game EVER i don't care how good FC3 is they are too different to be compared

Elite_scam
12-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, i think farcry 3 is better than AC3 and this is why.

- Hunting is more fun.
- less glitches.
- The progression of the game with all the sidemissions and storymissions feel really "organic". I never had the feeling i missed out on something important. I had this feeling in AC3 throughout the entire game.
- Really great characters in the game, especially the antagonists.
- No storyline that's ruining previous installments of the franchise.
- Tombs.
- Great atmosphere.
- Jeffrey Yohalem.
- The AI is way better without being frustrating like the AI in AC3.
- The game is overall more fun to play.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah, i think farcry 3 is better than AC3 and this is why.

- Hunting is more fun.
- less glitches.
- The progression of the game with all the sidemissions and storymissions feel really "organic". I never had the feeling i missed out on something important. I had this feeling in AC3 throughout the entire game.
- Really great characters in the game, especially the antagonists.
- No storyline that's ruining previous installments of the franchise.
- Tombs.
- Great atmosphere.
- Jeffrey Yohalem.
- The game is overall more fun to play. The storyline didn't ruin anything just because Desmond died means nothing . We knew he was meant to save the world many people wanted him to fight the Templars instead but we knew that wasn't going to happen after AC 2 so honestly its not a bad story

Elite_scam
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
The storyline didn't ruin anything just because Desmond died means nothing . We knew he was meant to save the world many people wanted him to fight the Templars instead but we knew that wasn't going to happen after AC 2 so honestly its not a bad story

Well, Desmond dying is not the reason why i think AC3 screwed over previous AC games so...

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Well, Desmond dying is not the reason why i think AC3 screwed over previous AC games.
please Elaborate

HisSpiritLives
12-09-2012, 09:52 PM
You can talk about gameplay but in terms of story and characters ,come on guys AC3 wins. But different opinions it seems.

the_heat11
12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
You can talk about gameplay but in terms of story and characters ,come on guys AC3 wins. But different opinions it seems.

But...Vaas...

ACfan443
12-09-2012, 09:55 PM

People need something to latch on to as a reason for why something is a disapointment, e.g people saying Revelations was bad because Corey May didn't write it. To be honest, I'm one of those people and I wish Patrice would return.

she-assassin
12-09-2012, 09:55 PM
You did play AC1, AC2 and ACB, right? Then I honestly can't see why you would even try asking a question like this.

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 09:57 PM
You did play AC1, AC2 and ACB, right? Then I honestly can't see why you would even try asking a question like this.

and I like ACR and AC3 more.. so yea.

Besides that, I think that AC2's story pacing was horrid.

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 09:58 PM
You did play AC1, AC2 and ACB, right? Then I honestly can't see why you would even try asking a question like this. he left mid Development on Brother hood though so yeah

she-assassin
12-09-2012, 10:03 PM
and I like ACR and AC3 more.. so yea.

Besides that, I think that AC2's story pacing was horrid.

Your opinion... I for example felt that way about AC3. Never had the problem with any of the previous games.

ACfan443
12-09-2012, 10:03 PM
he left mid Development on Brother hood though so yeah

The conception of AC3 was taking place during that time, so I think he left because of how much of a mess they were gonna turn the franchise in to.

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Your opinion... I for example felt that way about AC3. Never had the problem with any of the previous games.

Of course it's my opinion. I did say 'I think".

Elite_scam
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
please Elaborate

Ok i'll make a list.

- I felt completely detached from the modern-day crew i used to love because they looked completely different in a wrong way.
It almost feels like you're playing as Desmond and his twin brothers. To be honest, it actually felt like the modern-day part was made by an entirely different team.

- There were some really bad glitches in the game, like the huge lump on Desmond's back clipping through his backpack. It made the game feel really sloppy compared to previous AC games.

- The hidden message from subject 16 in ACB was completely pointless and wasn't even mentioned in AC3. This was the biggest ****-up for me. The sun your son, The key, her dna, find Eve etc.

- Where was the brilliant atmosphere from previous AC games? (including a brilliant soundtrack and ambient music playing in the background while roaming)

- No tombs, no glyphs, no mystery.

- George washington and the apple, like mentioned in AC2's glyph puzzle were completely absent. (please don't tell me there will be a George Washington DLC because that DLC is non-canon)

- More glitches...

- The ending was emotionless. Making Juno the main enemy to continue the modern-day storyline, Really? Is that the best they could come up with? After all this brilliant storywriting from previous AC games? (except ACR)

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
The conception of AC3 was taking place during that time, so I think he left because of how much of a mess they were gonna turn the franchise in to. AC 3 was not a mess it was a good game however i doubt it would of mattered who was in Charge people would of found something to hate in AC3

the_heat11
12-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Ok i'll make a list.

- I felt completely detached from the modern-day crew i used to love because they looked completely different in a wrong way.
It almost feels like you're playing as Desmond and his twin brothers. To be honest, it actually felt like the modern-day part was made by an entirely different team.

- There were some really bad glitches in the game, like the huge lump on Desmond's back clipping through his backpack. It made the game feel really sloppy compared to previous AC games.

- The hidden message from subject 16 in ACB was completely pointless and wasn't even mentioned in AC3. This was the biggest ****-up for me. The sun your son, The key, her dna, find Eve etc.

- Where was the brilliant atmosphere from previous AC games? (including a brilliant soundtrack and ambient music playing in the background while roaming)

- George washington and the apple, like mentioned in AC2's glyph puzzle were completely absent. (please don't tell me there will be a George Washington DLC because that DLC is non-canon)

- More glitches...

- The ending was emotionless. Making Juno the main enemy to continue the modern-day storyline, Really? Is that the best they could come up with? After all this brilliant storywriting from previous AC games? (except ACR)

Regarding GW, I think it was Shaun (not sure) who said that he may have obtained the Apple after the war, so Connor may not have even been involved with that. Now that is either a lame way to get out of that plot point, a set up for the DLC, or maybe a set up for a connor sequel

Elite_scam
12-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Regarding GW, I think it was Shaun (not sure) who said that he may have obtained the Apple after the war, so Connor may not have even been involved with that. Now that is either a lame way to get out of that plot point, a set up for the DLC, or maybe a set up for a connor sequel

Well, lets hope so. Otherwise it would proof lazy storywriting.

ACfan443
12-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Ok i'll make a list.

- More glitches...

This. Money and greed is the driving force behind turning something great into something ugly. They're obviously trying to stretch out this story for as long as possible because of the annual releases.

Elite_scam
12-09-2012, 10:19 PM
This. Money and greed is the driving force behind turning something great into something ugly. They're obviously trying to stretch out this story for as long as possible because of the annual releases.

Yeah, i remember them saying in an interview that they didn't include subject 16's message in AC3 because only 10%(or less) of the people who played brotherhood finished all the glyphs.
Well, i think that's their own ****ing problem. Don't ruin a brilliant storyline because the masses are too lazy and stupid to delve into the more complex stuff. Sorry, but i think that's just weak...

she-assassin
12-09-2012, 10:33 PM
The conception of AC3 was taking place during that time, so I think he left because of how much of a mess they were gonna turn the franchise in to.
Actually, I remember when few months ago I heard the rumors that the current team had started working on AC3 roughly around 2010 right after they finished AC2, I squealed like a fangirl because I thought it meant that Patrice had a say in the initial concept of AC3 and I had no doubts that the game would be great. But now... Well... It seems he really had nothing to do with AC3, after all. :(

ACfan443
12-09-2012, 11:20 PM
AC 3 was not a mess it was a good game however i doubt it would of mattered who was in Charge people would of found something to hate in AC3

I didn't say AC3 was a mess, I said the franchise was. Look at how they've handled the modern plot (if you're a newcomer to the series you won't realise this)

Deadlysyns666
12-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I didn't say AC3 was a mess, I said the franchise was. Look at how they've handled the modern plot (if you're a newcomer to the series you won't realise this) The Modern plot was not horrible unless you Thought Desmond should go out and fight Templars. I liked the Modern plot. Also the First game that changed the plot to this was AC 2

UrDeviant1
12-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I had such a bad experience with FC2 that I'm scared to even play FC3. The sheer repetitiveness along with FPS mechanics is enough to put me off.

shobhit7777777
12-09-2012, 11:27 PM
I had such a bad experience with FC2 that I'm scared to even play FC3. The sheer repetitiveness along with FPS mechanics is enough to put me off.

You're in for a pleasant surprise. ;)

They have worked exclusively to fix what FC2 did wrong. And they've succeeded IMO.

pacmanate
12-10-2012, 12:04 AM
If everyone here likes open world games with lots to do which rewards you for doing so, get Far Cry 3 for Christmas

kriegerdesgottes
12-10-2012, 12:10 AM

I just said why, POP sands of time ,AC1, AC2 and the first part of Brotherhood.

Assassin_M
12-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Brought FC 3 a few days ago, enjoyed it greatly. So much in common with AC III with some better mechanics.

Just went back to AC III after finishing it, though..

Deadlysyns666
12-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Don't apologize your still giving Ubisoft your money

ProdiGurl
12-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I have FC3 sitting here on my desk - got it as pmt for pet sitting.... I'm purposely waiting to play it on Christmas day since my other big present (a new PC) is coming early too.
I'd at least like to enjoy something new on Christmas. :) I LOVED the first FC & cannot wait to play it. :D I'm SO glad Ubi redeemed the game.
I'm hearing great things about it but when I went to the FC forum, it was the same as here, complainers & whining. ????????
I have a feeling that people like *#(%&*#&!#@*&(@#_% more than talking about the Positives they enjoy.
It's pretty sad.

the_heat11
12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
I have FC3 sitting here on my desk - got it as pmt for pet sitting.... I'm purposely waiting to play it on Christmas day since my other big present (a new PC) is coming early too.
I'd at least like to enjoy something new on Christmas. :) I LOVED the first FC & cannot wait to play it. :D I'm SO glad Ubi redeemed the game.
I'm hearing great things about it but when I went to the FC forum, it was the same as here, complainers & whining. ????????
I have a feeling that people like *#(%&*#&!#@*&(@#_% more than talking about the Positives they enjoy.
It's pretty sad.

Its funny cuz on the fc forums everyones *****ing about multiplayer problems...but who bought the game for mp??

pacmanate
12-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Its funny cuz on the fc forums everyones *****ing about multiplayer problems...but who bought the game for mp??

Exactly, NO ONE. The Multiplayer tries to be CoD but doesnt work well.

ACfan443
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM

I just checked it out and you're right, I watched a few walkthroughs and I don't know why they're not appreciating the SP, it looks awesome.

CalgaryJay
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
I keep hearing about how great FC3 is. Then I looked it up on Youtube and realized its FP view, I'm out.

I get so freaking dizzy playing those, and it drives me nuts how you keep running into things at your feet because you can't see down there. The whole experience just frustrates me, I don't get how others don't have this problem.

If FP games weren't the norm these days, I'd probably play a lot more games.

roostersrule2
12-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I keep hearing about how great FC3 is. Then I looked it up on Youtube and realized its FP view, I'm out.

I get so freaking dizzy playing those, and it drives me nuts how you keep running into things at your feet because you can't see down there. The whole experience just frustrates me, I don't get how others don't have this problem.

If FP games weren't the norm these days, I'd probably play a lot more games.Yea, it's the reason I didn't like FC2 and am Hesitant to buy number 3. FP open world games just don't work IMO.

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 05:25 PM
What's all this hubbabubba about AC3 being "replaced" ? I know for example that as soon as I finish AC3 for the second time, I'd stop playing it (for a while) and go back treasure hunting on Pandore.. Its no biggie. I hardly think folks over here play AC all year round. A better game comes, you forget the older ones, simple as that.

TrueAssassin77
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM
multiplayer is not worth it imo... i never seriously played, nor have i ever bought a AC game specifically for it. i wanna say this is how a lot of people feel, tho i don't have proof

the_heat11
12-10-2012, 09:41 PM
LOL AND we got people over in those forums that the game should only be $30 because the MP is not that great. -_-