PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Global Brand

MasterAssasin84
12-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I have been scouring the internet looking for any new information regarding the Assassins Creed Movie and so far all we Know is Michael Fassbender will be playing the lead role as Desmond and it will be with us late 2013 early 2014 which indicates production is well underway, however i came across a very interesting article from parts of a transcript between gamebiz and ubisoft representative reguarding the life cycle of Assassins Creed and its title as a global Brand here is what it said .

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-12-marketing-murder-the-secrets-of-selling-assassins-creed-iii) about the future of the franchise beyond the release of ACIII, Ubisoft's chief sales and marketing officer Geoffroy Sardin said:
“Another thing that is very important for the lifecycle is the transmedia offer. All the figurines, the books, the publishing, and we have a movie in the next coming year. So it's not only about games, we are talking about a global brand, and this is the life cycle management we want to set up now.”

No for the Hardcore Assassins Creed fan such as myself this indicates that ubisoft will be heavily involved in the production of the Movie to ensure that the studio that has been assigned to deliver the project will meet the fans expectations atleast.

You proberbly all know film adoptations of video games have up and till now been a spectacular failiure !!, this reaffirms my confidence that ubi are commited to ensuring that Assassins Creed will continue deliver exceptional Transmedia from Games to Books and other forms of merchandise.

But it did occur to me that ubi are planning to take this franchise to the next level and maybe visioning that Assassins Creed will have a global following as that of Star Wars and Star Trek ? For example Conventions and events - which i would love to see.

But the Franchise needs to stay in the control of ubi rather than leasing the rights to small Management companies.

What do you guys think ?

KOM_95
12-09-2012, 01:32 PM
The movie wont be out by late 2013 or early 2014, considering they don't have a director and movies like this take about two years to write, film and edit. Also Fassbender won't film this until after X Men Days of Future Past which will be out in July 2014 and it is also unstated who Fassbender will play. Desmond or Altair. The movie may be out late 2014 or 2015

MasterAssasin84
12-09-2012, 01:42 PM
The movie wont be out by late 2013 or early 2014, considering they don't have a director and movies like this take about two years to write, film and edit. Also Fassbender won't film this until after X Men Days of Future Past which will be out in July 2014 and it is also unstated who Fassbender will play. Desmond or Altair. The movie may be out late 2014 or 2015

But what direction do you think ubi will take the franchise and going by the statment by their marketing manager do you think it has the potential to be an globaly recognised brand as that of star wars and star trek that was the question .

KOM_95
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
A brand like Star Wars or Star Trek? It all depends on how good the films are. No videogame, comics or books has a brand as big as best movie brand(Star Wars, Marvel movies etc.) Example. The Harry Potter books were popular but were not a global brand until the movies came out same with alot of Superhero movies. So it all depends on a good movie adaption.

montagemik
12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
AC Movie has already failed for me i'm afraid - I Heard the movie supposedly follows the AC 1 & AC-2 Storyline .

I'm sorry , but i reckon to be done properly - This saga needs 1 movie per game , in order to do it real justice .
I don't see how they can fit AC1 & AC 2 story arc together in 1 film , without reducing most of the Ancestor elements to short flashback moments.

Altair's Story alone should be it's own movie if it's going to be anything more than the next "Prince of Persia" flick - Good but NOT great. & AC deserves to be a Great film series not just a "well that was fun" film.

It needs real time & investment in each chapter - on par with the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy. It won't be easy as Game to movie stories are rarely given more than the bare minimum needed for a cash return by movie studios.

There's always hope - But i'm not too optimistic at this stage.