PDA

View Full Version : Review 'n stuff [spoilers, watch out]

blazefp
12-09-2012, 12:17 PM
I'll try to keep it compact but I have A LOT of things to say, both good and bad (more of the first fortunately)

To kick off, Congratulations Ubisoft! You've managed to complete not only an astonishing game, but also an incredible saga only matched (imo) by the greatest stories ever written. The way you make us feel so close to the characters and make the story so realistic (story not stunts, don't flame me here) is something that always blows my mind when I think of it. Really really good work. Thank you for showing me this magnificent tale.

To focus on this game, I must say...WOW!! ISN'T IT AWESOME? xD It's probably the best AC so far but I still have to make up my mind.

The characters seemed a little too different from the original (Rebbeca looked like a monkey in this game) but the fluidity of the game exceeds every expectation I had and made me forget that easily.

Besides, I came across LOADS of bugs which were very confusing sometimes because they messed up with the missions.

I'm still not content with having no free aim, that semi-free aim isn't exactly the same thing, after all, the whole purpose of having a bow is being able to shoot to wherever when want not only directly to the targets. When in motion the bow cannot be aimed like that for obvious reasons.

I'm also disappointed with the absence of co-op. I understand that the new engine is good but not enough to make the ps3 handle 2 maps as gigantic as the frontier at the same time but I feel like you could just limit the areas where we could use co-op, for instance only one district at a time or so, I dunno, I'd just love to have co-op. It wouldn't have to be story-true so we could use 2 Connors or an assassin of our choice or one we could personalize.
Oh yeah and Wolf-pack ISN'T co-op, it's just 2 people online killing a VIP. Same as wanted mode but with only 2 people and a NPC common target.

I don't see why you thought changing the sprinting and climbing buttons from R1+X to R1 was a good idea. It wasn't. I used to use only R1 to run without climbing when I had to pursue a target on the ground and now I have to be careful with every object because Connor might think it's a good idea to climb it. Same formula as for the PS3 joystick here - 'If it ain't wrong, don't change it'

The Homestead things were also very confusing. I couldn't do anything because I only had one guy working for me, but I already have helped all the other guys and they agreed to work in the Homestead region. I also ended the game with 2% of inventions made which is to say NOTHING because I had a homestead mission in Boston and the main missions were always in NY at that part of the game so there was no reason for me to visit Boston.

Other than this, I think the game was brilliant. Epic gameplay, incredible story, no sense of helping the patriots just because that was how real history got unfolded, LOVED the fact that [SPOILERS AHEAD]I was getting used to Haytham and even Lee only to find out they were Templars, also LOVED that the biggest enemy of the assassins was Connor's father and that he was actually a nice guy. Haytham actually reminded me of Altair, because both kill everyone they interrogate. Also loved the fact that Connor's greatest nemesis changed during the game (Lee, then his father then Lee again)[SPOILERS FINISH]. The naval is just legendary, Connor got really badass when chasing his father and Lee, that's Awesome, and animal families rules!!!

So I think I've said it all, sorry for the length but I had to say it. All in one, loved the game, totally worth the waiting and the 150 I spent on it (freedom edition from England plus transportation fees to Portugal), couldn't ask more. 9,7/10 IMO

AdrianJacek
12-09-2012, 12:44 PM
It's nice to see a positive opinion around here for a change.

HisSpiritLives
12-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I'll try to keep it compact but I have A LOT of things to say, both good and bad (more of the first fortunately)

To kick off, Congratulations Ubisoft! You've managed to complete not only an astonishing game, but also an incredible saga only matched (imo) by the greatest stories ever written. The way you make us feel so close to the characters and make the story so realistic (story not stunts, don't flame me here) is something that always blows my mind when I think of it. Really really good work. Thank you for showing me this magnificent tale.

To focus on this game, I must say...WOW!! ISN'T IT AWESOME? xD It's probably the best AC so far but I still have to make up my mind.

The characters seemed a little too different from the original (Rebbeca looked like a monkey in this game) but the fluidity of the game exceeds every expectation I had and made me forget that easily.

Besides, I came across LOADS of bugs which were very confusing sometimes because they messed up with the missions.

I'm still not content with having no free aim, that semi-free aim isn't exactly the same thing, after all, the whole purpose of having a bow is being able to shoot to wherever when want not only directly to the targets. When in motion the bow cannot be aimed like that for obvious reasons.

I'm also disappointed with the absence of co-op. I understand that the new engine is good but not enough to make the ps3 handle 2 maps as gigantic as the frontier at the same time but I feel like you could just limit the areas where we could use co-op, for instance only one district at a time or so, I dunno, I'd just love to have co-op. It wouldn't have to be story-true so we could use 2 Connors or an assassin of our choice or one we could personalize.
Oh yeah and Wolf-pack ISN'T co-op, it's just 2 people online killing a VIP. Same as wanted mode but with only 2 people and a NPC common target.

I don't see why you thought changing the sprinting and climbing buttons from R1+X to R1 was a good idea. It wasn't. I used to use only R1 to run without climbing when I had to pursue a target on the ground and now I have to be careful with every object because Connor might think it's a good idea to climb it. Same formula as for the PS3 joystick here - 'If it ain't wrong, don't change it'

The Homestead things were also very confusing. I couldn't do anything because I only had one guy working for me, but I already have helped all the other guys and they agreed to work in the Homestead region. I also ended the game with 2% of inventions made which is to say NOTHING because I had a homestead mission in Boston and the main missions were always in NY at that part of the game so there was no reason for me to visit Boston.

Other than this, I think the game was brilliant. Epic gameplay, incredible story, no sense of helping the patriots just because that was how real history got unfolded, LOVED the fact that [SPOILERS AHEAD]I was getting used to Haytham and even Lee only to find out they were Templars, also LOVED that the biggest enemy of the assassins was Connor's father and that he was actually a nice guy. Haytham actually reminded me of Altair, because both kill everyone they interrogate. Also loved the fact that Connor's greatest nemesis changed during the game (Lee, then his father then Lee again)[SPOILERS FINISH]. The naval is just legendary, Connor got really badass when chasing his father and Lee, that's Awesome, and animal families rules!!!

So I think I've said it all, sorry for the length but I had to say it. All in one, loved the game, totally worth the waiting and the 150€ I spent on it (freedom edition from England plus transportation fees to Portugal), couldn't ask more. 9,7/10 IMO

I mostly agree and yeah i dont understand why are people hating soo much for every ****ing glitch!