PDA

View Full Version : Why loading screen must be completely WHITE?

a1999624
12-09-2012, 05:02 AM
Why a "waiting screen" in Asssassin's Creed III must be WHITE?
I play in night, a few cm in front of my computer screen I am angry with this game! It makes ma almost BLIND!
Why that screen shouldn't be darker or something different? Why a WHITE color must apper in full screen?!
I play in night with no light, my eyes!

Black_Widow9
12-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums :D

Please feel free to post this here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/727556-Assassin-s-Creed-3-PC-Bugs-and-Issues-Thread-*Possible-Spoilers*

spectatorx
12-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I play in night, a few cm in front of my computer screen I am angry with this game! It makes ma almost BLIND!

Distance between eyes and screen should be longer than "few cm" it is not safe at all to watch screen from small distance. If you do not want to be blind in early age so you should to keep your eyes at distance longer than at least 30cm, as longer as better for your eyes' health.

P.S.
The game is angry with you because you are blaming it for YOUR OWN stupidity.

CipollaCreed
12-09-2012, 12:19 PM
The game is angry with you because you are blaming it for YOUR OWN stupidity.

100% agree.

bveUSbve
12-09-2012, 12:53 PM
100% agree.
I don't agree.

It's irrelevant for the real point he is making, if his eyes are too close to the screen. The point is: Glaring white loading screens are, well glaring. UBISOFT should have realised by now that no such not-at-all-subtle "hints" are necessary for the player to remember he/she experiences everything through the Animus...

STOP this annoying madness of glaring white loading screens! :cool:

a2062492
12-10-2012, 01:28 AM
I know what that will be.... fanboys.
I am not sitting "a few" cm in front on screen. I sit in a good, NORMAL position. But this is not the problem, problem is this stupid behaviour of this game.
It is not a bug or something, it is made intentionally - so this is a good topic to write this.

When is night and we play with no light that white screen is annoying

spectatorx
12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
You should sue Mother Nature for roses being red.

I played the game in middle of night without additional sources of light and white screen wasn't a problem to me. You should visit eye doctor and check your vision because obviously it is problem with your eye accommodation, not a game.

Locopells
12-10-2012, 01:45 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3u35jstN81qf7es8.gif

pirate1802
12-10-2012, 02:10 PM
I love trains..

a2062492
12-10-2012, 11:28 PM
My eyes are good.
This game has this stupid decision.

Butcer1
12-16-2012, 05:20 PM
A game should not give you headaches, seriously the game gave my a migrane episode!

and i did the udmb mistake of going back in it and bam migraine and im not talking about your normal headache pain,no im talking pain close to the pain when i broke my arm thank god i had painkillers

THe game is often in dark areas and putting white shining loading screens is like putting a flashlight in your eye and it triggers migraines

a2062492
12-18-2012, 12:38 AM
Guys, what is wrong with all fo you? I AM NOT A SICK PERSON! My healt is great!
I want just say that this is stupid if screen a few time in one mission must be so white. When we play at night it is annoying.

Ave07
12-18-2012, 12:57 AM
You shouldn't be playing in the dark... try wearing sun glasses while you play.

spectatorx
12-18-2012, 01:10 AM
I want just say that this is stupid if screen a few time in one mission must be so white. When we play at night it is annoying.

When last time you were at eye doctor to check your vision? Seriously, you should visit a doctor. Weak eye accommodation is a symptom of problems with vision which you shouldn't ignore.

a2062492
12-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Try go **** yourself next time you try to tell something funny in this topic you little baby boy.

I thought Iam talking with a normaly guys, but no.

DocHoliday69
11-30-2013, 01:47 AM
Try go **** yourself next time you try to tell something funny in this topic you little baby boy.

I thought Iam talking with a normaly guys, but no.

If it's so annoying then don't play it. I really don't think this bothers very many people, I certainly never even noticed it while playing and I play with no lights on at night as well. So I guess if it bothers say .05% of the customers they should redo the loading screens? Doesn't make much sense for a non bug issue and basically a matter of taste issue to be dealt with! So either suck it up and deal with it or don't play it any more.

D.I.D.
11-30-2013, 04:49 AM
It's part of the game's lore, unfortunately for you. It's the "White Room", something a lot of us love. There was, by contrast, a "Black Room" instead for Revelations since that was set in a kind of DOS area of the Animus, a sort of Safe Mode theme. Most of us like the White Room and see it as an important part of the game's style.

electrobird
12-25-2013, 05:45 PM
If it's so annoying then don't play it. I really don't think this bothers very many people, I certainly never even noticed it while playing and I play with no lights on at night as well. So I guess if it bothers say .05% of the customers they should redo the loading screens? Doesn't make much sense for a non bug issue and basically a matter of taste issue to be dealt with! So either suck it up and deal with it or don't play it any more.

Well, while it is not a bug, whoever had this “brilliant” idea should have thought that a bright light popping every 5 seconds or so is very annoying, to say the least!

You and all the rude and inconsiderate people on this board should know that it affects way more than .05% of people. It's called "Flicker vertigo, sometimes called the Bucha effect, is "an imbalance in brain-cell activity caused by exposure to low-frequency flickering (or flashing) of a relatively bright light.". The effects are similar to seizures caused by epilepsy (in particular photosensitive epilepsy), but are not restricted to people with histories of epilepsy." This can even cause helicopter crashes when rotating rotor blades turn in the sun causing the light to strobe, making persons who are vulnerable to flicker vertigo to become disoriented.

Some games can cause me a bit of motion sickness, but I am a seasoned gamer and this has never been a serious problem. This game is different by far. For me it is unplayable. I went to bed last night feeling miserable and will not try to play this game ever again. No, the OP and I are not sick. We are just a percentage of the population with sensitivity to bright lights.

electrobird
12-25-2013, 05:48 PM
It's part of the game's lore, unfortunately for you. It's the "White Room", something a lot of us love. There was, by contrast, a "Black Room" instead for Revelations since that was set in a kind of DOS area of the Animus, a sort of Safe Mode theme. Most of us like the White Room and see it as an important part of the game's style.

It is not part of the Lore as none of the previous games had this white screen popping every 5 seconds. It is just a very stupid design decision that ruined the experience for some users of this otherwise beautiful game.

electrobird
12-25-2013, 06:01 PM

No. You are not sick. I also could not play this game. Like me, you are just sensitive to bright lights. Read what I just wrote about Flickering Vertigo. It affects a lot of people and it is not a disease.

medavroog
12-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Why a "waiting screen" in Asssassin's Creed III must be WHITE?
Why that screen shouldn't be darker or something different? Why a WHITE color must apper in full screen?!
I play in night with no light, my eyes!

Are you "Angry Joe" on YouTube? ... You must be "Angry Joe" ... "Angry Joe" is a game-reviewer on YouTube, and he did a video about the same exact complaint you just stated here ... it was about the "white loading screen".