PDA

View Full Version : Epilogue is like a "deleted scenes" extra from a DVD ( spoilers )

killzab
12-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Some people wondered why you could see Connor bleeding from his wound when he was watching the british go and why he asked that old guy where his tribe went even though it happened after the ending.

But it didn't happen after the ending.

I'm pretty sure these were scenes designed for the epilogue but they would have felt out of place or would have made the ending too long. So they made them an extra after the credits.

The british departure scene must have happened just after killing Charles Lee, and the tribe scene just before the Juno one.

FirestarLuva
12-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Yes, the epilogue actually happened before the ending in sequence 12. Basically, the scene where Connor buries the amulet is the real last scene from the game.

InfectedNation
12-09-2012, 01:39 AM
Exactly. Although I'm still a little unsure about when evacuation day comes in.

It seems to be:

Kill Charles Lee > Return to Homestead, burn the paintings + remove hatchet > Travel to NY, Evactuation day > Return to village and speak to man > Finds "Crystal Ball" and talks to Juno.

The fact that he's bleeding during evacuation day really puzzles me.

blazefp
12-09-2012, 01:40 AM
Since we're talking about this, I gotta say it. I never understood why Connor decided to keep that badass hairstyle and facepaint for all those 6 months since Lee's death to the key burial.

InfectedNation
12-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Since we're talking about this, I gotta say it. I never understood why Connor decided to keep that badass hairstyle and facepaint for all those 6 months since Lee's death to the key burial.

It was probably overlooked by the devs. They were busy trying to fix all the bugs.

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Exactly. Although I'm still a little unsure about when evacuation day comes in.

It seems to be:

Kill Charles Lee > Return to Homestead, burn the paintings + remove hatchet > Travel to NY, Evactuation day > Return to village and speak to man > Finds "Crystal Ball" and talks to Juno.

The fact that he's bleeding during evacuation day really puzzles me.

Charles Lee died in October 1782. Evacuation Day occurred in November 1783. So Connor bleeding by that point seems to have been something they overlooked. But yeah, you've got the order right, I believe

InfectedNation
12-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Ah okay thankyou, So actually the final scene of the game is evacuation day, because scenes in Connor's village are said to occur 6 months after Lee's death. And the bleeding is definitely an oversight.

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2012, 02:29 AM
I had forgotten about the 6 months later part. That makes more sense now.

rego00123
12-09-2012, 02:40 AM
it still makes no sense even with this taken into account.