PDA

View Full Version : <spoilors> Book vs Game?

DemonLord4lf
12-09-2012, 01:25 AM
I think the game should've been more like the book. I know you can't make a game exactly like a story, but the book made the story more intriguing. There seemed to be elements in the book that were missing from the game. What do the rest of you think?

Iskander_Estel
12-09-2012, 03:49 AM
I didn't even knew there was a book of AC3,( I asume you're speaking of AC3)

DemonLord4lf
12-09-2012, 04:15 AM
I am. It's called Assassin's Creed Forsaken. It's the journal of Haytham, from childhood to the final battle with Connor.

pirate1802
12-09-2012, 06:56 AM
I am. It's called Assassin's Creed Forsaken. It's the journal of Haytham, from childhood to the final battle with Connor.

Whaaat? Must read it now!

DemonLord4lf
12-09-2012, 07:27 AM
It's a real good read. Perhaps i posted this too soon... I had hoped others had read the book already...

ace3001
12-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Still looking for a way to get my hands on that. Our bookstores almost never stock this videogame related stuff. :( Even Secret Crusade I had to get a friend who's abroad to buy.

I can buy it as an ebook, but reading a whole book on a PC screen kinda sounds terrible. How many pages is it, anyway? If it's short, I'll probably get it.

Scystab
12-09-2012, 02:41 PM
It's a real good read. Perhaps i posted this too soon... I had hoped others had read the book already...

Nah not too soon :) the book is out for quite some time now. Personally though, I want to see more Connor and less Haytham. For me, it was enough to read about and fill in the game-blanks like this :)Connor is more ...epic

DavisP92
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Some minor spoilers for those that haven't read the AC book about Altair (ACR)

I found that the books usually have a better way to tell the story, and even have more interesting moments of action. In the AC book about Altair's life, which was ACR pretty much, they talked about how he was betrayed. This will be a spoiler about Malak, so stop reading this if you don't want to know. Pretty much sef is killed (altair's son) and it is blamed on malak. Altair comes back to find that the one lame assassin (whatever the guy's name was we killed in ACR at the end) is now the leader and has Malak in prison. Altair does parkour at night and goes to visit him, although there was a statement that Altair is getting old and isn't as skilled at parkour as he used to be. He sees Malak, who looks like skin and bones because they weren't really feeding him. Takes him back to the house Altair was staying on, and confronts the dumb leader.

Everyone knows that he asked for the apple and what not and you saw how Altair's wife died, but right before that. The guy that said "your son died thinking you betrayed him (ordered his assassination), pulled out Malak's head from a bag. And they pinned his death on Altair as well.

The escape scene was better too, Altair didn't have his other son to help him. Instead he ran away, not killing anyone. Ran by assassin that cut his arm, dodging other assassins, archer assassins shooting arrows at him, one nicks his leg, and another nicks his cheek before he jumps into a river.

Yea I would have loved it if the game was like that, I recommend you play the games first then read the books or you'll be disappointed.

andreja110s
12-09-2012, 04:35 PM
AC Forsaken would make a great game... Ubisoft should release it as a DLC

DemonLord4lf
12-10-2012, 04:33 AM
Still looking for a way to get my hands on that. Our bookstores almost never stock this videogame related stuff. :( Even Secret Crusade I had to get a friend who's abroad to buy.

I can buy it as an ebook, but reading a whole book on a PC screen kinda sounds terrible. How many pages is it, anyway? If it's short, I'll probably get it.

it's over 400 pages i think...

DemonLord4lf
12-10-2012, 04:35 AM
Some minor spoilers for those that haven't read the AC book about Altair (ACR)

I found that the books usually have a better way to tell the story, and even have more interesting moments of action. In the AC book about Altair's life, which was ACR pretty much, they talked about how he was betrayed. This will be a spoiler about Malak, so stop reading this if you don't want to know. Pretty much sef is killed (altair's son) and it is blamed on malak. Altair comes back to find that the one lame assassin (whatever the guy's name was we killed in ACR at the end) is now the leader and has Malak in prison. Altair does parkour at night and goes to visit him, although there was a statement that Altair is getting old and isn't as skilled at parkour as he used to be. He sees Malak, who looks like skin and bones because they weren't really feeding him. Takes him back to the house Altair was staying on, and confronts the dumb leader.

Everyone knows that he asked for the apple and what not and you saw how Altair's wife died, but right before that. The guy that said "your son died thinking you betrayed him (ordered his assassination), pulled out Malak's head from a bag. And they pinned his death on Altair as well.

The escape scene was better too, Altair didn't have his other son to help him. Instead he ran away, not killing anyone. Ran by assassin that cut his arm, dodging other assassins, archer assassins shooting arrows at him, one nicks his leg, and another nicks his cheek before he jumps into a river.

Yea I would have loved it if the game was like that, I recommend you play the games first then read the books or you'll be disappointed.

I'm definitely going to go and look for the other books.