PDA

View Full Version : IGAs 2012 - Gamers' Choice Award

EscoBlades
12-08-2012, 02:47 PM
There is still time to crown Assassin's Creed 3 as the Gamers' Choice Award winner at this year's Inside Gaming Awards by Machinima.

When December 8th at 3:30pm Pacific/ 6:30pm Eastern/ 11:30pm UK

http://www.insidegamingawards.com/vote

Voting remains open right up until the show itself kicks off i believe. If you haven't voted, get to it. If you have, feel free to vote again. And share. Thanks Assassins!

FrankieSatt
12-08-2012, 02:48 PM
No thanks. There were much better games than ACIII that came out in 2012.

dJ.P0N3
12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
OK. BORDERLANDS2, I'M COMING
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9kohjBCUAAwlfW.jpg

FIND ME THE ONE WITH RAGECAVE ANN CONNOR - AND MAYBE I'LL VOTE FOR AC3 TOO :D

Slayer_WTF
12-08-2012, 03:16 PM

^

Dan Pen 97
12-08-2012, 03:18 PM
AC3 is a good game oh

pirate1802
12-08-2012, 06:16 PM
Voted! :)

AdrianJacek
12-08-2012, 07:19 PM

Hahah! Funny joke!

Rugterwyper32
12-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Aaand voted. TWD got GotY in the SpikeTV one and that was well deserved in my eyes (Seriously, that game breathed new life into a pretty much dead genre) but AC3 is my favorite game this year and I certainly want it to win something.

EscoBlades
12-08-2012, 08:20 PM
We only need a few more votes to win this one. Please vote for AC3 if haven't voted already, and share with those who haven't done so either. You'll make me a happy man, pretty please? :D

Jay_2750
12-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Voted.
Walking Dead doesn't spark any interest to be a nominee.
Voted - Assassin's Creed 3

EscoBlades
12-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Voted.
Walking Dead doesn't spark any interest to be a nominee.
Voted - Assassin's Creed 3

Thank you. We appreciate it :D

Jay_2750
12-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Not a problem at all, I am looking forward to this DLC upcoming this week.

AdrianJacek
12-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Seriously, that game breathed new life into a pretty much dead genre.
Yeah... no. Adventure games have been doing pretty well for the last 6 years. Ever since Telltale released Sam & Max Season 1.

pacmanate
12-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Voted for Walking Dead, better story, better character development.

Legendz54
12-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Voted for Assasssins creed 3, Haven't lost hope yet..

EscoBlades
12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Voted for Assasssins creed 3, Haven't lost hope yet..

Thanks, votes are really close at the moment, so the more for AC3, the better.

EscoBlades
12-09-2012, 03:23 AM
Thank you for your votes Assassins!

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2012, 03:33 AM
Good, it won! I'm glad AC3 got this award.

Legendz54
12-09-2012, 04:00 AM
I heard Halo 4 got GOTY , Did AC3 win anything??

Iskander_Estel
12-09-2012, 04:20 AM
AC2 was GOTY material, AC3 i'm not so sure.
Unpolished, buggy and a not so great story... so yeah.
Overall a good game but not enough to be Game of the year.

Jexx21
12-09-2012, 05:32 AM
I actually felt like AC2 also was bogged down by a not-as-great-as-it-could-of-been story.

pirate1802
12-09-2012, 06:03 AM
I actually felt like AC2 also was bogged down by a not-as-great-as-it-could-of-been story.

I actually like AC3's story more than AC2's. The ambiguity, which returned for the first time since AC1 was freaking great. Each time I assassinate someone, his speech made me think.. was he right? Did I do the wrong thing? I sorely missed it in the Ezio trilogy, Also the sense of loss and defeat at the end made me like this more than AC2's. Not your average hero defeats all evil story.

ProdiGurl
12-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Here's what Mozilla flashes for me when I click to vote on FB: [in large red print]

SECURITY WARNING: Sharing the above URL with anyone is the same as sharing your Facebook password with them - it will give them access to your Facebook account. Despite what you may have been promised, you will not receive cash, a gift card, or free airline tickets in exchange for this URL.

I also agree w/ Jexx & Pirate on the story. The only thing in ACII that I felt strongly about was getting that guy who betrayed their family. Once I did that, the story wasn't as riveting to me. ACIII has Connor asking questions and searching out the meaning of things as he goes along.
It makes him more human and likeable to me.

FirestarLuva
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
I agree. Connor's story was by far the best. I never understood why AC2's story is all that great. Ezio goes to revenge his family, he kills the bad guys, wins. I liked there was some development in his character by the end, the only time I liked Ezio was at the boss fight when he said to Rodrigo 'Killing you won't bring my family back" or something along those lines. I admit, AC2 was better at some aspects, but not that much about the story.
Also, AC3 was nominated for Best Writing at X'play's awards. :D

Will_Lucky
12-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Ezio didn't come up against genuine Templars until Revelations. The Templars in AC2 and Brotherhood were corrupted from their own cause and sought power rather than order. As such in AC2 Ezio acted to remove some very dangerous individuals who would do anything in the name of power. The story was fantastic, characters shone, Ezio developed as a man throughout the game.

AC3...the other characters were fantastic, some better than any seen before. But Connor didn't develop, the story was in patches in places and completely flew in the face of what had happened in previous titles. AC3 isn't GOTY material.

FirestarLuva
12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Ezio didn't come up against genuine Templars until Revelations. The Templars in AC2 and Brotherhood were corrupted from their own cause and sought power rather than order. As such in AC2 Ezio acted to remove some very dangerous individuals who would do anything in the name of power. The story was fantastic, characters shone, Ezio developed as a man throughout the game.

AC3...the other characters were fantastic, some better than any seen before. But Connor didn't develop, the story was in patches in places and completely flew in the face of what had happened in previous titles. AC3 isn't GOTY material.

Connor DID develop. It's clear in the epilogue sequence. Compare him to the Connor in sequence 6. By the end, Connor didn't have that black and white view on the world. He realised no matter how hard he tries, there will never be a place for his people. He strived for what did not exist, blinded by Juno's illusions, and in the end it was all a big failure. He lost everything. He realised Achilles was right all along, "Life is not a fairytale and there are no happy endings. In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it" Sadly it all came true. Connor destroyed the world he loved in his attempt to save it. I'm sure by the next game, people will connect with Connor more. People judge him too harshly in my opinion. Give him some time.

psf22
12-09-2012, 06:01 PM
I actually like AC3's story more than AC2's. The ambiguity, which returned for the first time since AC1 was freaking great. Each time I assassinate someone, his speech made me think.. was he right? Did I do the wrong thing? I sorely missed it in the Ezio trilogy, Also the sense of loss and defeat at the end made me like this more than AC2's. Not your average hero defeats all evil story.

I Like this guy.. Post I mean

psf22
12-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Connor DID develop. It's clear in the epilogue sequence. Compare him to the Connor in sequence 6. By the end, Connor didn't have that black and white view on the world. He realised no matter how hard he tries, there will never be a place for his people. He strived for what did not exist, blinded by Juno's illusions, and in the end it was all a big failure. He lost everything. He realised Achilles was right all along, "Life is not a fairytale and there are no happy endings. In your haste to save the world, take care you don't destroy it" Sadly it all came true. Connor destroyed the world he loved in his attempt to save it. I'm sure by the next game, people will connect with Connor more. People judge him too harshly in my opinion. Give him some time.

This.

After replaying the game or even in hindsight after finishing it, what made it even more beatiful in my opinion is how they linked Juno's illusions to lead to the events and its outcome. Which makes us aware but Connor after the fact so to speak. So basically you're screwed and twisted around the whole game including the Desmond part.
You can pay so much more attention to detail in the second playthrough which does say more than something about the depth of the story.

HisSpiritLives
12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Ezios story is great when you watch it as triology.Many people said AC3 story is unfinished ,AC2 story was way more unfinished.After some time finally to see some positive comments :D

HisSpiritLives
12-09-2012, 06:11 PM

Nicely said. We all remeber when he said ,,Seems our people will never be safe,,

pirate1802
12-09-2012, 07:34 PM
I Like this guy..

I hope you are a girl..

pirate1802
12-09-2012, 07:40 PM

True enough. While on Lee's trail, Connor goes into the Green Dragon tavern and straight up tortures the person to eke out information about Lee. For a moment I got the impression he was gonna kill him, probably he would have, had he not given up the info. Contrast it with how he was prior to the endgame. "We just have a few questions for you", he said to the captains he captured with Haytham.

On evacuation day, he looks on towards the slaves and does nothing. Had this been th earlier Connor, he'd have been off to free them without a second thought.

And yes, that "it seems our people will never be safe" line.. he did develop a lot throughout the game.

psf22
12-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I hope you are a girl..

Sorry to disappoint you :/

pirate1802
12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Sorry to disappoint you :/

-_______________-