PDA

View Full Version : Petition for AC3 Ending [Spoilers]

Slayer_WTF
12-08-2012, 02:29 PM
I found this petition as I turned on the internet, and wanted to know what you thought.

I have not signed, not yet. I do not want to advertise, I just want to know what you think.

https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-montreal-ubisoft-change-the-ending-of-desmond-miles-in-assassin-%CC%81s-creed-iii-video-game#share

PS. Place also here because the other section is fairly empty.

Dan Pen 97
12-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I found this petition as I turned on the internet, and wanted to know what you thought.

I have not signed, not yet. I do not want to advertise, I just want to know what you think.

https://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-montreal-ubisoft-change-the-ending-of-desmond-miles-in-assassin-%CC%81s-creed-iii-video-game#share

PS. Place also here because the other section is fairly empty.

We do not need to do this oh do we?

Slayer_WTF
12-08-2012, 02:35 PM
We do not need to do this oh do we?

Why do you speak in the plural? You're in charge here?

Dan Pen 97
12-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Why do you speak in the plural? You're in charge here?

no but i do not have to do it do i ?

Slayer_WTF
12-08-2012, 02:39 PM
No, no one is forced.

dJ.P0N3
12-08-2012, 02:40 PM
no but i do not have to do it do i ?
It's up to you to decide.
But it's quite obvious that Ubisoft won't change the ending. By now.

Dan Pen 97
12-08-2012, 02:41 PM
It's up to you to decide.
But it's quite obvious that Ubisoft won't change the ending. By now.

Will they add some stuff to the ending or not?

Slayer_WTF
12-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I think yes, just like Mass Effect 3. ^^

A final extended NOT upsets / changes history, I accept it gladly.

Dan Pen 97
12-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I think yes, just like Mass Effect 3. ^^

A final extended NOT upsets / changes history, I accept it gladly.

But its a shame they can add some more staff to it okay

Krayus Korianis
12-08-2012, 03:03 PM
1. they're not changing the ending.
2. Accept it, Desmond's mind is fried and possibly taken over by Juno.
3. There'll be other games mostly centered around the Modern era because Juno is nutty batpoo crazy.
4. They'll probably go back to Adam and Eve... Which is a good thing.

Slayer_WTF
12-08-2012, 03:05 PM
3. There'll be other games mostly centered around the Modern era because Juno is nutty batpoo crazy.

I believe that the intention of the petition is not to change the fate of Desmond or the world. I just think that you want to have a final extended and not done in a hurry, that's all. ^^

Dan Pen 97
12-08-2012, 03:08 PM

that's all true.

TheHumanTowel
12-08-2012, 03:09 PM
People they aren't going to change the ending and they shouldn't. In no other medium would the author bow to fan outrage and compromise the integrity of their story by changing things because fans threw a hissy fit. Why do you think this will be any different. You can have an opinion on the ending and let Ubisoft know that but it's completely entitled to expect Ubisoft to change it for you.

Dan Pen 97
12-08-2012, 03:14 PM
They should let us kill all the Americans and let the englsih go back to new york and boston.

ProdiGurl
12-08-2012, 03:23 PM
I haven't seen the ending and I didn't read many posts because I was worried about spoiler hints -
all I will say is that this bothers me.
Ubi decided to take AC wherever they took it, they are the writers/creators of AC. We can dislike something but it is what it is. The minute they change it for you, it's just "fake" at that point becuz it was not their original intention or direction. It loses authenticity to me & becomes something FORCED and faked becuz of whining fans.

The second reason it bothers me is that ACIII is over with now. It's been distributed. Let them deal w/ DLC & patches but the story is over now.
If we want a better AC3.5 or AC4, they need to focus their time and effort to the next installment, not use up valuable resources to remake what you dislike from the previous one.
In the case of ME3, they weren't going to put out an ME4 so it's no loss for them to cave into public pressure.

It is what it is, accept it - I know I will, but I don't know if I'll like it or not. I also don't know if their ending purposely sets something else up.
Not commanding people here, but honestly, this just borders entitlement to me with the demands on games.

Slayer_WTF
12-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Nah, the story is not finished..

ProdiGurl
12-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Nah, the story is not finished..

not sure what you mean by this exactly, but I meant that ACIII's story was written and it's been distributed. It's done for ACIII.
If Ubi caved into remaking a new ending for butt-sore gamers, I'd lose most of my respect for them & worry about the future direction of AC.

Slayer_WTF
12-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I mean, the story of Desmond is finished, but the story continued with Juno ecc.

Dan Pen 97
12-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I mean, the story of Desmond is finished, but the story continued with Juno ecc.

they shuold do another AC game but with Conner and Juno.

MT4K
12-08-2012, 04:29 PM
There's plenty of topics based on the ending already for such things to be posted in. Not to mention the petition has been posted in the past multiple times.

The Game's Narrative is not going to be changed though which makes petitions like this pointless.

Closing thread.