PDA

View Full Version : I think I just wet myself!

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 03:34 AM
Just got back from the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) airshow in Oshkosh, WI (an hour from my house) about two hours ago. I took my 9 year old son there and we had a blast. They had a Warbirds show at 3:30 C.S.T and it was great!

We saw many P-51D's, a Corsair, B-24, B-17, P-40, Yak-11 (looks just like FB's LA7), F-86 Sabre, C-47, F-14, F-16,I-16, F-18, C-47 Transport and many others. The pyrotechnics were awesome as were the flyby's. This was my first Warbird Airshow and I am hooked. The sound of the P-51's 12 cylinder Merlin engine was just awesome. It sent shivers down my spine. My son was equally impressed. He couldn't beleive that I new all these planes. He actually thought the planes were shooting and dropping bombs

Guys it was awesome if you ever get the chance - go see this airshow and talk to the guys who flew these planes. We chatted berifly with a former Tuskagee airman. He was signing autographs next to his P-51C. Cool

Well I gotta go fly - I just wish we had the P-51 now!

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 03:34 AM
Just got back from the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) airshow in Oshkosh, WI (an hour from my house) about two hours ago. I took my 9 year old son there and we had a blast. They had a Warbirds show at 3:30 C.S.T and it was great!

We saw many P-51D's, a Corsair, B-24, B-17, P-40, Yak-11 (looks just like FB's LA7), F-86 Sabre, C-47, F-14, F-16,I-16, F-18, C-47 Transport and many others. The pyrotechnics were awesome as were the flyby's. This was my first Warbird Airshow and I am hooked. The sound of the P-51's 12 cylinder Merlin engine was just awesome. It sent shivers down my spine. My son was equally impressed. He couldn't beleive that I new all these planes. He actually thought the planes were shooting and dropping bombs

Guys it was awesome if you ever get the chance - go see this airshow and talk to the guys who flew these planes. We chatted berifly with a former Tuskagee airman. He was signing autographs next to his P-51C. Cool

Well I gotta go fly - I just wish we had the P-51 now!

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 03:41 AM
Patience, patience. We will have our 'Stang in good time. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I saw one of only two surviving P-51Cs left in the world two years ago and I know how you feel. I too love the sound of a Rolls Royce Merlin Engine coming in for a low pass. With any luck, I'll be shooting down 190s in a few weeks with that magnificent bird.

---------------------------------------
http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/109K.jpg

I STILL love my 109!

Message Edited on 08/02/0307:41PM by MackZ

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 04:00 AM
Wish we had one of these airshows here/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Unfortunately we only see the few ferrying between Europe and America....

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 04:45 AM
Oshkosh is not an airshow

It's a religious event /i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif

7 days long and 25,0000 takeoffs and landings

<center>http://www.2001exhibit.org/science/img/sm_hal_9000_art.gif <marquee>I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do</marquee></center>

Message Edited on 08/03/0303:58AM by Heuristic_ALgor

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 04:54 AM
Heuristic_ALgor wrote:
- Oshkosh is not an airshow
-
- It's a religious event

Sorry, my bad.....

rgds

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 06:03 AM
NewNuley outstanding isnt it!
did you take a look in the A-10? cool hey? what fun and the I-16 wowzers!!!!!!!! the reason I ask is I was in line to look at the A-10 and there was a guy in front of me with a young kid about 9ish and they sat and talked with a member of the gound crew sitting in the cockpit and asked him questions for about 15min. I heard the guy say to the guy in the A-10 that he was from the area and had never done this before. the kid was super hyper, It was a rather cute site the father was just as excited as the son. it made me remember going with my dad for the first time. I am sure there were many situations simalar to this but I was just wondering how many of us were there?

I can assure you your son will never forget it. I took my dad on friday. S~

http://www.ju52-3m.ch/bilder/wittstock.jpg

ahh its a crap plane anyway!!!
http://www.seanruppert.com/josh/porcopine.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 02:44 PM
Yes Porcupine I did look at the A-10 Warthog! I took several pictures of my son next to the plane - including one with him next to that awesome Gattling gun in front.

My son thinks I'm a little wierd getting as exited about planes as I do. I respond to him that Pokemon and Digimon aren't very exciting to me either - and some day he will probably be as interested in planes as I am.

For now he takes the occasional flight in a YAK and blows away a few HE-111's. I can tell when he has shot one down because I immediately hear, "Hey Dad"!

I'm looking forward to going back next year/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif