PDA

View Full Version : How is using a sileneced weapon not a "stealth kill?" [spoilers]

SeamlessR1
12-08-2012, 05:02 AM
I'm doing the first mission you get after "Doppelganger" where you get the Privateer disguise. The mission says to use "stealth kills" to take the captains out and not arouse suspicion because you're dressed like them and they won't shoot you. Sounds like a grand ol time. Seriously, added a whole new dimension to stealth tactics. Great job.

So I'm knifing people left and right, having a good time, not being detected, no one thinks I'm a bad guy and is trying to kill me.

I shoot a guy with my silenced gun.

No one freaks out or gives any indication that something's amiss. Much like after the 500 knife kills present in the mission.

I walk past a guy and instead of him going "sup" like they usually do, because I'm disguised, he flips out and starts shooting at me.

I was confused by this, so I restarted the mission to double check that i didn't actually alert someone to my nefarious ways.

Nope. Did it perfectly. No one saw me shoot the gun, no one saw the guy get hit, no one saw him die, no one saw his body. No one was even looking in my direction while I did the deed, no one was close enough to hear anything.

There was ZERO REASON for anyone to suspect anything had happened. Certainly not more than the aforementioned 500 knife kills.

I must explain to you why I'm super mad about this. This game is great. I'm having a great time. The stealth aspect of combat is one of the most well implemented things I've seen in a long time. That it doesn't have to be scripted and I can just go to a camp and engage in stealthy murder when I feel like it and have it work as I expect it to based on the parameters set forward by the game is a wonderful thing. Then we get the disguise. A whole new world of awesome stealthy ideas full of misdirection and other fun stuff as a result of being a wolf in sheep's clothing opens up. And is completely ruined by using a silenced gun for no discernible reason. Totally breaking the, so far, wonderfully believable immersion.

I'm hoping this is a bug and that it gets patched. I'm hoping this wasn't just the developers way of saying "use a knife, and only a knife, because knives." This game is too good to let obvious crap like this slide.

SeamlessR1
12-08-2012, 05:19 AM
In addition to this I did an experiment. I put C4 somewhere. I noted that they will shoot me if they see me place it. That's fine, I expected that. But if they don't see me place it, but it is placed, they don't suspect me of anything. I go somewhere out of sight and hearing range and trigger the C4. It doesn't even kill any of them, it just explodes. Now they're all alerted. I walk out of my seclusion into the group (mind you, still disguised) and they immediately start shooting me.

Why?

ZepG
12-08-2012, 06:01 AM
In addition to this I did an experiment. I put C4 somewhere. I noted that they will shoot me if they see me place it. That's fine, I expected that. But if they don't see me place it, but it is placed, they don't suspect me of anything. I go somewhere out of sight and hearing range and trigger the C4. It doesn't even kill any of them, it just explodes. Now they're all alerted. I walk out of my seclusion into the group (mind you, still disguised) and they immediately start shooting me.

Why?

Did you walk out still holding the detenater in your hand:rolleyes:

SeamlessR1
12-08-2012, 08:00 AM
As it happens, no. I thought of that and made sure that I was not holding the detonator after I blew it up. I also made sure I wasn't close to anyone who could hear the "beep" of me pressing the detonator.