PDA

View Full Version : I loved Assassins Creed 3. (SPOILERS)

xboxauditore
12-08-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm going to be the one that isn't crying about having their favourite game ruined.

I thought Assassins Creed 3 was one of Ubisofts greatest triumphs yet, I'm a Fan who will fight Tooth and Nail to defend the series. There have been better games, I think nothing will ever surpass AC2. But still, I consider AC3 just below it as the greatest game ever.

I had my doubts when I first heard of the Revolution, But then again I always have doubts cus I'm a depressing sadsack. I then thought that Haytham was terrible because he was hogging the game meant for Ratohhake:ton, But then again, When you fight him, There's some emotion to the fight, Though Ratohnhake:ton didn't really have any.

The other part of the story with Ratohnhake:ton, however, was amazing, Learning of his sad backstory and his grudge against Charles Lee set up how painful his loss of his Mother was, And when he got to Achilles, Of course he was Naive and full of pent up rage, Wouldn't you be? But throughout the story he gains some insight into the world outside his village, And because of this, he becomes more human, He asks Putnam to not kick Hickeys corpse, and allows Lee to have a last drink before reaching his lifes goal. He learns of Mercy.

The gameplay was what made this game the best.

The combat is perfect, The fact that you can choose different ways to own those to stand against you is a perfect choice, though having to meat shield every 0.5 seconds is kinda annoying at times.

The free running looks much more natural and realistic compared to Brotherhood and 2, Running through the trees during the Rain is better than most video game moments that are meant to have emotion (Apart from the ending to the Walking Dead, Good god a Video Game nearly made me cry),

I managed to quickly grasp all the new controls and Trading n Stuff, and now enjoy playing every day.

I can't give opinions on Historical accuracy because I've never learnt about the Revolution.

There I know this was short and missed out a lot, But hey this is one of like 3 threads that praise the game. I like the game. Nein, I LOVE the game, *Clapping* Well done Ubisoft. Well done. Do you love this game too? Then add your praise, No negativity please. There are countless threads for that.

FirestarLuva
12-08-2012, 12:56 AM
I agree about the Charles Lee part. Most people find it funny how many times he says 'Where is Charles Lee' (don't blame them, I find it too) but it's actually very ironic and sad. He felt he wasn't strong enough to save his mother, he though her death was his fault, and wanted to make up for her death in some way = killing Charles Lee. For him, revenge was the only option, he didn't know any other way, and by the end it seemed the reason he killed Lee was because Achilles told him of the trouble he and Haytham might cause if they live rather than avenging his mother.

D.I.D.
12-08-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm going to be the one

No you're not. The game has sold millions, and there are at least one million of you.

... that isn't crying about having their favourite game ruined.

Everyone who didn't emphatically love the game is not crying, and nor do they believe the series is ruined.

But hey this is one of like 3 threads that praise the game

There are loads. Very few threads are entirely negative in fact, and you'll find people with positive points of view in just about any thread you pick (as long as it's got more than a couple of responses). I don't know why you're feeling so sorry for yourself. It's got great reviews and it's about to win a bunch of awards, and you'll definitely see another AC.

xboxauditore
12-08-2012, 01:08 AM
No you're not. The game has sold millions, and there are at least one million of you.

Everyone who didn't emphatically love the game is not crying, and nor do they believe the series is ruined.

There are loads. Very few threads are entirely negative in fact, and you'll find people with positive points of view in just about any thread you pick (as long as it's got more than a couple of responses). I don't know why you're feeling so sorry for yourself. It's got great reviews and it's about to win a bunch of awards, and you'll definitely see another AC.

Yeah yeah, I know, The last thread I saw just made me snap and I felt like I was the only person joining this forum to praise the game. Just wanted to vent and defend. As for "Feeling sorry for myself" I don't, I was hoping this thread would attract more people to express their happyness. Though reading your post I'm sure I'm attracting more hate. Ugh.

TheBearJew32
12-08-2012, 02:25 AM
I hate to put this out there, but criticism and crying about the game are two totally different things. I don't know why there seems to be this "oh you have a problem with the story/character/gameplay/?, quit crying you're not a true fan you just hate the game, get over it" feeling. There are things i don't like about the game, but i don't criticize blindly or without reason. The assassin's creed series has become my favorite franchise over the years, and i think the same goes for many of us who post here. All of us are fans, whether it be because of one game or the other. I am tired of seeing the "people are bashing this game for the dumbest reasons, and now people are bashing it even in these forums, the game is flawless in my eyes". If you think someones criticism or opinion of a certain flaw of this game is dumb or stupid don't respond to it. It's not a dumb reason in their eyes. they post because they share something with you, they love this series.

ace3001
12-08-2012, 03:56 AM
It's kinda weird how people assume that just because AC III did a lot of things right, it should be immune to criticism.

xboxauditore
12-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Good god this threads gone to hell. I should be suprised I've been proven wrong. But I'm almost always wrong.

But good God! People getting angry cus I'm DEFENDING a game? Hahahaha

ace3001
12-08-2012, 05:35 AM
Good god this threads gone to hell. I should be suprised I've been proven wrong. But I'm almost always wrong.

But good God! People getting angry cus I'm DEFENDING a game? Hahahaha
Defend? There's way more praise for AC III than criticism. Your thread is just one more. Somehow, those who're praising love to pretend that everyone's hating it, and the moment someone brings in some criticism, they're all like NOES EVERYONE HATES IT NO I LOVE THE GAME YOU SHUT UP YOU NO TRUE FAN. I just don't get it.

D.I.D.
12-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Yeah yeah, I know, The last thread I saw just made me snap and I felt like I was the only person joining this forum to praise the game. Just wanted to vent and defend. As for "Feeling sorry for myself" I don't, I was hoping this thread would attract more people to express their happyness. Though reading your post I'm sure I'm attracting more hate. Ugh.

Nobody hates you. You just seemed unnecessarily sullen.

rob451507
12-08-2012, 08:42 AM
oh i totally agree Story B+ Execution C- Example: In an early sequence ur supposed to follow a specific person. So you do and ur in a crowd concealing yourself. And you can see your target. Oh but wait your target cannot continue.Why? because your target needs to take a left; a left right into a couple of ppl directly in his way. It takes a good 4-10 seconds for your target to move past the guys blocking his way. an example of one programmer not knowing what the other is planning.
Oh and please justify the Captain talking without his mouth moving
OOOH Please do

Black_Widow9
12-08-2012, 08:46 AM
I hate to put this out there, but criticism and crying about the game are two totally different things.
This is so true. The problem is though that a good majority of the criticism is presented in a crying way. If people want to be taken seriously they should learn to present it thoughtfully. ;)

Please make sure you also post your Feedback here-
Assassin's Creed 3 Single Player Gameplay Feedback *DO NOT POST SPOILERS (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979)