PDA

View Full Version : Control Issues That Need To Be Addressed.

Psycold000
12-07-2012, 11:55 PM
I know control issues have been pointed out in numerous threads, but honestly playing the game is becoming a bit of a chore when every time I am supposed to press something, it simply does not work.

List of issues I've encountered:

1) The first time you get driven to a fight in a jeep, when you get there it tells you to press your interact button to get out, even if you changed the bind you have to press E, even though it says to press the button you bound.

2) All mounted turrets force you to use your right mouse button to aim down the sights, if you have it bound to something else, this can very easily get you killed if you can't aim.

3) The glider controls are stuck on WASD which is also quite disorienting when you are left handed and have to rush your hand across the keyboard to use your interact button.

4) The wingsuit controls are also stuck on WASD, and even worse, if you have changed the bind for your crouch button to something other than C, then NOTHING will work to deploy your parachute, even C. So you better hope there is some water nearby...every time you use your wingsuit.

5) Can't bind simple buttons like Return/Enter, numpad Enter...another huge annoyance.

6) In co-op when you are carrying a bomb it tells you to press B to drop it, but it does not work if you changed the binds, I found the solution to this was press my interact button to just drop it instead of placing it.

7) Scrolling through weapons with the mouse wheel also changes your grenade type, this causes me to be annoyed with even having molotovs in my inventory and try to get rid of them as soon as possible so I don't end up switching to them when I think I'm throwing a grenade, or vice versa.

Please list anything I have missed

digital0verdose
12-08-2012, 12:09 AM
I would like to add, no matter what you have your mouse wheel bound to, it will do that plus switch your grenade type.

As far as I can tell there is no way to change the grenade selection keybind.

MrDJ
12-08-2012, 12:19 AM
only know how to solve number 1
when you try to get out of car nothing happens. press escape and go to options. press default and then go back in game and exit car with wahtever it says F or E and then go back to options again and rebind your keys to whatever you want.

mouse wheel ive got set up is press to throw grenade. wheel up to change gun and wheel down to reload.

Psycold000
12-08-2012, 12:57 AM
Yea but that is not normal, you should just be able to scroll through your weapons with a mouse wheel without it changing grenade types. I forgot about this one, good call digital0verdose

CourierAl
12-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Yeah, it's become an annoynace. I also find that if I bound the weapon wheel to Q, it would automagically switch weapons while pulling selecting a weapon. Really annoying. I hope Ubisoft sees this and fixes it in the next patch.

Basilo1146
12-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Another problem: If you don't have a scroll wheel, you can't zoom on the map or with the camera. Problem also exists with mousepad gesture scrolling.

HaraDaya
12-08-2012, 03:30 AM
What about the way keys seem unresponsive if you're pressing more of them down at once? Like if I'm moving with W and A I can't seem to switch weapon.
Or when I know I'm on fire and I hold down Q before the prompt comes up, and then I have to release Q and press it again. Same goes for healing sometimes. It feels sorta like you have to stop pressing any other button first before it'll accept. Sometimes.

tHEuKER
12-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Also, the indication for climbing always says "space", regardless of controls being remapped.

Jerm357
12-09-2012, 03:40 AM
Please fix this in the next patch... Its really annoying.

Another key that is screwed up when changed from defult is the "Switch Seat" key... Once its changed it will still work to switch to the gunner seat but hitting it again will not get you back into the driver seat.

Clayton.Gold
12-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Many of the suggestions here are great. I'd also like if there could be a walk toggle added.

Stealthgyro
12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Since this has been one of the more comprehensive lists I have seen. I wanted to add my issues.

So some of the rebinds don't always change the letter that pop-ups on the screen telling you to press.

So to stay alive longer in multiplayer when you are downed, you press the 'e' key for Interact, however if you have this rebound(rebinded?) The game will tell me to spam the 'e' key yet it does not slow my death at all, nor does my interact key (currently w)

EDIT: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Far_Cry_3#Remapping
Still not a lot of solutions but it does have the Enter one.

Snoozems
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
4) The wingsuit controls are also stuck on WASD, and even worse, if you have changed the bind for your crouch button to something other than C, then NOTHING will work to deploy your parachute, even C. So you better hope there is some water nearby...every time you use your wingsuit.

That's incorrect. I rebound my crouch key to right ctrl, and pressing c for me did open the parachute.

Stealthgyro
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
That's incorrect. I rebound my crouch key to right ctrl, and pressing c for me did open the parachute.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Far_Cry_3#Parachute_will_not_open

Snoozems
12-10-2012, 12:42 AM
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Far_Cry_3#Parachute_will_not_open

Lol you can quote whatever you want, but pressing c for me opened the parachute even although crouch was bound to right ctrl.

Hak70
12-10-2012, 12:51 AM
The worst ones for me are :

1. Not being able to bind 'Enter'. In every game I've ever owned, playing with the arrow keys, Enter is the key I use for 'activate/use'. Every single key on the keyboard should be rebindable, and every single action in the game should be listed in the controls in able for it to be rebound. Games 20 years ago never had these issues, only now that game UI and control schemes are based on consoles does this crap happen.

2. Glider being stuck on WASD. I simply cannot bail accurately when my 'release' key is by the arrow keys.

3. Console bind setups for syringes... I never know what my binds are unless I go into crafting and hit equip to see which syringe I have on which key. For a PC game this is unacceptable; we do not have a DPAD, nor want one... we just want to be able to directly bind anything and everything.

Jerm357
12-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Still not fixed in patch 1.03... Can we at least get some confirmation that this is being looked into.

Balls22
12-13-2012, 07:43 PM
I am left handed and have remapped the melee key to numpad 4, I can confirm it does tell me to mash the 4 key to respond when being attacked by a croc or whatever now.

However, the hang glider still fixed on WSAD but other vehicles accept the remap to the arrow keys.

Jerm357
12-13-2012, 08:08 PM
I am left handed and have remapped the melee key to numpad 4, I can confirm it does tell me to mash the 4 key to respond when being attacked by a croc or whatever now. .

That seemed to have always worked for me, even before the last patch... I use the Delete key for melee.

These are what Im most concerned about...

The glider controls are stuck on WASD which is also quite disorienting when you are left handed and have to rush your hand across the keyboard to use your interact button.

The wingsuit controls are also stuck on WASD, and even worse, if you have changed the bind for your crouch button to something other than C, then NOTHING will work to deploy your parachute, even C. So you better hope there is some water nearby...every time you use your wingsuit.

Th1ngr1z
12-13-2012, 10:02 PM
You are not playing with PC controllers. You are playing through an emulation program. And secondly the devs and other kiddies play with six axis and auto aim. They have to see just how dumb they have to make a game so the 10 year old crowd will buy it. Sarcastic- a little. Screw em if we can't take a joke!

EvilPixieGrrr
12-13-2012, 10:12 PM
It's appreciated if you'd post your comments on the controls in the feedback threads provided. This makes reporting feedback to the team easier!

Thanks!

Single Player Feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734041-Far-Cry-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-NO-SPOILERS-PLEASE)

Multiplayer Feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734066-Far-Cry-3-Multiplayer-Gameplay-Feedback-NO-SPOILERS-PLEASE)

ImperiousStout
12-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Crazy that one of the biggest control issues (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/730632-PC-Official-Bug-Known-Issues-Thread-Updated-2012-11-28?p=8793337&viewfull=1#post8793337) hasn't been mentioned.

Jerm357
12-14-2012, 04:22 AM
It's appreciated if you'd post your comments on the controls in the feedback threads provided. This makes reporting feedback to the team easier!

Thanks!

Single Player Feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734041-Far-Cry-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-NO-SPOILERS-PLEASE)

Multiplayer Feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/734066-Far-Cry-3-Multiplayer-Gameplay-Feedback-NO-SPOILERS-PLEASE)

I posted it in "Single Player Feedback thread" like you said, but I dont know why since thats the Console Feed Back thread, but if you think they will see it better there then OK. I also posted it in the "PC Official Bug/Known Issues Thread". Dont you think that would be a better place for it?

smashly66
12-14-2012, 04:50 AM
You got key mapping problems, then post a bug report where advised and move on to fixing it yourself.
3 patches and not one of them fixes the screwed up keyboard mapping issues not one bit.
Easier and faster result in most cases for a user to fix it for themselves or use 3rd party tools to map keys outside the game.

Surely devs would understand that a pc user with a keyboard with 100+ keys want's to be able to configure all keys to the way they want and feel comfortable with.
But obviously not going by what patch results have been.
Give it a chance... yeah right 3 patches later and I'm still editing and tampering with game files to map keys the way I want.
How about we users fix the game for you devs since your hands must tied to ignore such issues.
Most (not all) of these gripes are 1 ~ 10 lines of code to fix an issue.
Missed condition checks and simple mapping signals that have no import, just straight out poor implementation of control mapping.
PC keyboard mapping was definitely a devs after thought in this game, when it should have been one of the first thoughts when releasing the game on a PC.

ralphortiz.net
12-14-2012, 04:59 AM
Even the toggle sight feature is missing in the settings that you have to edit the game profile file to make it work. Can seem to understand why Ubisoft continues to follow the same control layout instead of using a standard control layout common on most games from other big game publishers.

It feels like you need to start learning your typical standard key setting when playing Ubisoft games.

MADDrum
12-14-2012, 05:06 AM
I cant believe Im here writing this in 2012... make it so ALL the keys are able to be set to whatever the player wants.. including the mouse ~! geeze.....

Jerm357
12-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Looks like patch 1.04 has fixed the controls for the hang glider even though it was not in the release notes. I have not had a chance to see if all the other controls have been fixed too, but this one was the worst of them for me...Thank you.

carl70
12-21-2012, 05:21 AM
i want 2 input devices so i can use game pad and keyboard at the same time you can only use one or the other even far cry 2 let me use 2

BWX232
12-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Can you aim down the sight of a turret weapon if you bind right mouse to something other than aim?

kurupt91
01-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Can't bind numpad period and enter still :/

gerg.nad
12-30-2013, 12:34 AM
I am bringing this thread back as I am new to the game an have seen some bugs.

If someone would be so kind as tell me the status of the keyboard bind map issues. It seems like some remain and some have been fixed. I got the game for Christmas and have notices that during the glide sequences and vehicles my custom binds to not work. Is there a manual fix I can apply within the game profiles, or do I have to resort to other means of correcting this problem, such as keyboard macro or autohotkey.