PDA

View Full Version : AC3 on PC in the UK - Need clarification/help!

Epic_Stretch
12-07-2012, 11:19 PM
I was hoping to get a little clarification. This has, without a doubt, been the most confusing game launch I've ever seen, in the UK at least.

I was hoping to get AC3 on Steam. When it wasn't available there, I picked up a physical copy and have been playing just fine, via the uplay client. Now it is on Steam in the UK, I'd much prefer to have it there, I'm familiar with the interface and it holds all of my other AC games anyway. Is it possible to effectively re-activate my retail copy on steam, still on the same uplay account? Steam does not accept the format the retail key in my box is in.

For DLC (I have no idea what DLC is currently available, or coming soon, due to multiple pre-order editions), does I now have to buy/download this from the uplay store only? Frankly, I have no idea what is currently released, available only from pre-ordering from several different places, or even released as actual DLC. Every purchase I've attempted to make on the uplay store (Including AC3 before retail) has resulted in an error. As such, not only do I not know what DLC is available from a lack of clear information, I don't know how to purchase it, from lack of clear marketing. It feels like a bit of a shambles, especially after the initial multiplayer problems faced at PC release anyway.

Basically, can I get back to using nice, clean, simple Steam, without having to purchase another copy?

Many thanks!

McJobless
12-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Nope, sorry. If Ubi had just used Steamworks, it'd be all sweet, but like you, my retail copy doesn't match all the other AC games I purchased through Steam.

drewits
12-08-2012, 06:48 AM
ok i can answer your questions there is no dlc available at the moment unless you have a season pass, yes you must buy the dlc from the ubishop if you have a phisical copy, the dlc that will be availble so far is hidden secrets which is a repackage of all the preorder content which will be available on the 11th of this december, as for your errors buying from ubishop id contact ubisoft and tell them about your problems, and unfortunately so far as I know you cannot switch your game back to steam without buying a new copy