PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III free running and other gameplay questions

Secu12
12-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I received the other days my Freedom Edition copy and I played the first two sequences by now and I have some questions about free-running since you use only the high profile button now:

- in the puzzle missions how will you execute a backward jump?
- how about long jump run?
- in the previous games, if i fell from a building, holding the empty hand button, the character would grab a ledge. Here, not even pressing does nothing.

Also how do I change the pan and zoom buttons when I view the map? I play using a Xbox 360 controller.
Some missions have the side-objectives ,,complete all objectives on first playthrough". If I miss a second objective, it means I will never get 100% sync when I replay the mission in order to get full sync?

MT4K
12-07-2012, 01:21 PM
I received the other days my Freedom Edition copy and I played the first two sequences by now and I have some questions about free-running since you use only the high profile button now:

- in the puzzle missions how will you execute a backward jump?
- how about long jump run?
- in the previous games, if i fell from a building, holding the empty hand button, the character would grab a ledge. Here, not even pressing does nothing.

Also how do I change the pan and zoom buttons when I view the map? I play using a Xbox 360 controller.
Some missions have the side-objectives ,,complete all objectives on first playthrough". If I miss a second objective, it means I will never get 100% sync when I replay the mission in order to get full sync?

Back jumps are performed same as past games. Hold high profile. with the movement stick in neutral position. Then press jump button.

Long jump run? Not sure entirely what you mean, but you can still free run using the old system as well if you wish. The only thing about holding only high profile now is that it prevents you from jumping to your death. Hold the buttons like in past games and you can freely jump to your death just like in the past.

While falling you can grab the ledge by pushing the movement stick in the direction you want to grab.

Secu12
12-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Back jumps are performed same as past games. Hold high profile. with the movement stick in neutral position. Then press jump button.

Long jump run? Not sure entirely what you mean, but you can still free run using the old system as well if you wish. The only thing about holding only high profile now is that it prevents you from jumping to your death. Hold the buttons like in past games and you can freely jump to your death just like in the past.

While falling you can grab the ledge by pushing the movement stick in the direction you want to grab.

Sorry, I meant wall jump :d. So, just pressing the Left stick towards the desired direction will grab the nearest ledge. Never thought of this. Thank you!