PDA

View Full Version : FW190 DM bug

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 02:00 AM
I have had this happen to me twice now online, this last time was with v1.11. The guy on my tail confirmed that he hit my FW190A4 with a 37mm round from a P39, which is what I suspected.

What happened is I got the message in the lower right that says "fuel tank on fire", which makes sense considering I got hit right where the fuel tank is with a 37mm round.

Thing is, my fuel tank was not on fire. No fire at all. This is the second time this has happened, the first time it happened I bailed out, only to see my plane was undamaged, this time I thought to look around to make sure my plane really was on fire, but it wasn't.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 02:00 AM
I have had this happen to me twice now online, this last time was with v1.11. The guy on my tail confirmed that he hit my FW190A4 with a 37mm round from a P39, which is what I suspected.

What happened is I got the message in the lower right that says "fuel tank on fire", which makes sense considering I got hit right where the fuel tank is with a 37mm round.

Thing is, my fuel tank was not on fire. No fire at all. This is the second time this has happened, the first time it happened I bailed out, only to see my plane was undamaged, this time I thought to look around to make sure my plane really was on fire, but it wasn't.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 02:23 AM
Ha..../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

47|FC
http://rangerring.com/wwii/p-47.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 08:50 PM
So has anyone seen this with any other plane?

Should the plane be on fire, or should the message not be displayed?

What about the types of damage that have no message? Are there instances where damage is not being applied even though it should be?

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 09:58 PM
Have witnessed it yesterday twice.
I flew 109K4 and did a head-on on a la5.
Hit her TWICE with my Mk108 into the engine.

Burning debris fell off, and THEN the la simply flew on and we had to turn it out. It was even faster than me ....

The same happened later against LA-7, which I hit with the mk108. Same here. two hits (one fuselage, one into wing) no damage at all...

Next test was yak-9u I hit it twice and the bird exploded. So it”ěs not every plane I guess. Still from these short tests is hard to say whether this observation is a general rule...

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 10:05 PM
I thought I heard somewhere that the fuel tank message in the Fw190 would be addressed in FB1.2

I hope the LA-5/7 engine issue is addressed too or else it'll give some credibility to those who claim FB is biased in favor of the VVS. And don't quote "it's a tough radial engine" garbage either, or else the P-47 would have an invincible engine too, as would the Fw190. On the other hand, I have been able to damage the LA-5F's engine in a dogfight. Perhaps its just the LA-5FN & LA-7...

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 10:07 PM
NO WAY!! Really? I never noticed...LOL. The damage model for the 190s is just plain rediculous how it remained unchanged is beyond me. This has been noted many times over and still Oleg ignores us. What are they thinking? Sure..sure I know you can 1 outa ever 100 times blow one up or dewing the 190 and I know someone will post it here they always do. But on adverage you can shoot the crap outa the thing and take a look at it if externals is on by using ctrl f2, and you will see NO damage at all. Its amazing lol.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 10:45 PM
The Fw 190's are immune to anything smaller than a 12.7mm. But so are the LaGG's and La's. In fact the LaGG's are nearly invulnerble to 20mm's. Damage models in FB are a joke as a whole. Some are good but the majority suck. It should take 3 or 4 20mm hits to down a fighter, not 30-40 hits.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Maj_Death wrote:
- The Fw 190's are immune to anything smaller than a
- 12.7mm. But so are the LaGG's and La's. In fact the
- LaGG's are nearly invulnerble to 20mm's. Damage
- models in FB are a joke as a whole. Some are good
- but the majority suck. It should take 3 or 4 20mm
- hits to down a fighter, not 30-40 hits.

3 to 4 hits to down a plane is a feat more suited to Marseille than to me /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!"

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:22 PM
JorBR wrote:
-
- -
- 3 to 4 hits to down a plane is a feat more suited to
- Marseille than to me

"Normal" pilots shot 20-40 cannon rounds to get the number of 3-4 hits. Their lesser skill did not mean their 2cm cannon rounds were weaker than Marseille, they just missed more.

XyZspineZyX
09-09-2003, 11:28 PM
Bastables wrote:
-
- JorBR wrote:
--
-- -
-- 3 to 4 hits to down a plane is a feat more suited to
-- Marseille than to me
-
- "Normal" pilots shot 20-40 cannon rounds to get the
- number of 3-4 hits. Their lesser skill did not mean
- their 2cm cannon rounds were weaker than Marseille,
- they just missed more.

Right on the jackpot mate! I was comparing oranges to apples /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif . Although I have no idea how much damaged can each model sustain in RL, 3-4 hits as average looks to few /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!"

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 12:35 AM
What i've seen about FW-190 is like when flying with A-5, one tiny MG-hit to wings considerably takes away your perfomance.. even when there is no visible damage on the wing.. perhaps there is no external damage, but it kinda bothers me..

Imo 190 damage model is fine against most VVS-weapons, though I do think it is pretty hard to down with US .50cals.. not necessarily because they are too weak, but because of the ridiculous dispersion of the guns of the Jug.. .50cal should have very flat flight path.. Now it is pretty easy to down a FW-190 with those Yak's UBSs and Shvaks..but US .50cals much harder..Much harder to down 190 in the Jug..

It takes up to 5 hits from P-39 from the 37 MM cannon to down a 190.. one or two in real life would be enough.. but I Also think that P-39 damage model is not the best either.. almost everytime you score a hit to P-39, smoke comes out, but this "damaged engine" of P-39 shows no sign of engine damage.. infact you can fly like your plane would be fine.. now when black smoke comes then things look more dangerous.. And P-39 takes a lot of 20mm damage also.. remember that Soviet mostly removed the armor from their Cobras, so I doubt that they were that strong for 20 mm hits..

Lagg3 DM is most ridiculous in FB.. it does have simple damage model from old IL-2.. no engine damage, no damaged controls, no big holes affecting the perfomance..
It is quite hard to down this beast in 109 F2 and F4.. And these planes even have less ammo as they should.. not making it easier..

Official Sig:

<center>http://koti.mbnet.fi/vipez/shots/Vipez4.jpg </center>