PDA

View Full Version : I'll prolly get totalled for this....

Sakerio
12-07-2012, 04:58 AM
I totally hate the whole clan concept. I hate clubs in general, but if you are going to have clans, why not simply have a clan mode for battles? Not that this will solve my issue, but when I load a team battle and see the clan tag on the other 4, I just quit, because I know my team has lost. And yes any 4 peeps with mics can do the same, but again even with all my whining, would not a clan mode be awesome for those who do like the clan concept?

nikebootsrule
12-07-2012, 05:03 AM
we need clan modes

Free_Hidings
12-07-2012, 05:47 AM
I've never really been a clan person so I can see where you're coming from, it's always cool on the rare occasion where a group of randoms beat a clan though :)

SageM1A
12-07-2012, 06:39 AM
I have recently been recruited into a clan. From my understanding it is one of the best clans in the game. There are some high lvl prestige people and top 100 people and they are good. I am kind of disappointed at the lack of clan games. With this being my first AC online i'm sure the community has come up with a way to have clan wars, but it would be nice if it was given proper consideration by the developer.

montagemik
12-07-2012, 09:26 AM
To be honest i'm bored with the Clans in AC - Too often there'll be 5-6 Clan members in team games , & believe it or not - I've seen many Clan players just allow stuns / kills from their team mates in ALL AC MP , AC-B , AC-R , AC-3 .
Often these 5-6 guys are communicating during matches & After matches discussing how they screwed the noobs .Clearly all college boys sharing the same room during games.
Has to be the cheapest element of AC MP , Planting a clan member on the opposing team to screw them over for the win -
& No this isn't paranoia , i've witnessed Guys from my team smoke bomb / throwing knife players on our own team in order to slow them down or aid the opposition.
Many have Mics but don't communicate in team modes if we aren't from their clan.

They ultimately take turns who gains the highest score game afer game in a cycle .............Just cheap tactics by cheap players .
So by all means Shove the clans into their own mode , & let the genuine players Play genuinely .

I don't expect this info to be welcomed or popular - But it's pretty commonplace wether clan players admit it or not.

Collinwood01
12-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Just because you see a clan tag doesnt mean youll lose. Not everyone is like the people that youve seen. Give a lobby a chance and if you dont win, at least you tried. Once youve been on the game or the forum awhile, youll get to know players. You can make friends where you never thought possible. Just because someone has a clan tag doesnt mean theyre any good either. A lot of crappy players surround themselves with good players so that they can learn and have a chance to score better.

SoXFan231642
12-07-2012, 09:48 AM
^ what he said
i recognize ALOT of xbox great players from revelations and brotherhood, and alot of them arent in clans, not everyone has a schedule that fits that....
ive also seen alot of crappy players in clans, not every clan is "elite"
like he says, play for awhile and youll bump into the same players, clans or not.
some of the people i have had the most frustrating games with became my friends, because thats what other good players do, piss you off :D.
i think people take this game far too personal tbh, the hate mail you get is ridiculous and its only happened to me on this series.
I dont see the point in people teaming up for single player modes, and that team mode stuff you described is pretty uncool..
to me this was never a game for mics anyway, maybe for artifact assault, but 95% if the micced up people in pugs ive heard across all 3 games was just people complaining, who would want to hear that>?

montagemik
12-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Just because you see a clan tag doesnt mean youll lose. Not everyone is like the people that youve seen. Give a lobby a chance and if you dont win, at least you tried. Once youve been on the game or the forum awhile, youll get to know players. You can make friends where you never thought possible. Just because someone has a clan tag doesnt mean theyre any good either. A lot of crappy players surround themselves with good players so that they can learn and have a chance to score better.

I've Never quit a game of AC MP - I play to play ............Not to collect another gold star - i quit collecting gold stars in primary school.
Nowhere did i say i'm a low lvl or bad player ...............I'm just telling it how it is & How i've seen many clan players behave.

If i win = Great .........If i lose = so what ? .........it's a game made for fun - but winning by cheap means is no win at all for me. :rolleyes:

WHU Stay Fresh
12-07-2012, 01:40 PM
You should play free 4 all sakerio & montagemik , I learned assassinate by watching youtube.

Sakerio
12-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I thank you all for the positive feedback! I was expecting a LOT worse. I mean I've been online since like 1992ish, so yeah I'm old, but the pure spitefullness I've seen in AC3 has really discouraged me from even posting until recently, and has ranked as one of the highest in the art of the insult, lmao.

SageM1A
12-07-2012, 04:19 PM
^ what he said
i recognize ALOT of xbox great players from revelations and brotherhood, and alot of them arent in clans, not everyone has a schedule that fits that....
ive also seen alot of crappy players in clans, not every clan is "elite"
like he says, play for awhile and youll bump into the same players, clans or not.
some of the people i have had the most frustrating games with became my friends, because thats what other good players do, piss you off :D.
i think people take this game far too personal tbh, the hate mail you get is ridiculous and its only happened to me on this series.
I dont see the point in people teaming up for single player modes, and that team mode stuff you described is pretty uncool..
to me this was never a game for mics anyway, maybe for artifact assault, but 95% if the micced up people in pugs ive heard across all 3 games was just people complaining, who would want to hear that>?

You play MP shooters? I get hate mail on almost every shooter I play....i take pride in my hate mail :cool:

Sadly I have not got any AC3 hate mail yet :( need to step my game up. I don't care about the console war....but I have played on LIVE a few times in my life and I know there is a significant difference in the maturity between it and PSN. When I hear a young child on PSN it shocks me its so rare (I don't play COD though) My experiences on LIVE make me look at it as a literal "day care"

UnsparingWord
12-07-2012, 04:41 PM
As my momma used to tell me, "Don't knock it till you try it" :D

guitargod33
12-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I understand where you're coming from. And from the other side of the fence, I sort of agree. I mean, I'll play in a random lobby with clanmates just for the sake of playing, but the real joy is in truly competitive matches. I wish there were more opportunities for clan vs. clan matches, but it's just not realistic for it to happen all the time. :(

On the other hand, I NEVER miss the opportunity to play as a team of lone wolves vs. a clan. I take pride in seeing how much of a difference I can make in a game like that. Boosting, though, is never cool. Those folks should be ashamed.

Murd3r Claws
12-08-2012, 01:07 AM
the thing is i have a strong hatred for boosters...and gunners...but i somewhat agree as well...the reason im in a clan is to make friends and play with said friends...unfortunately we dominate randoms a lot and u always hear let them score one or theyll leave...then u have those rare lobbies of randoms where u struggle to win....oh man those are great...better than clan matches simply bc u are completely unprepared for it lol...but yea i agree...but if we had a seperate clan mode a few things would happen...i get bored very easily...so id stop playing it...wed miss out on potiential new recruits...and awesome randoms matches....oh man...i love them so...lol

DannyStrong
12-08-2012, 01:48 AM
balance on team modes has always been an issue. It's not even because of clans teaming up. It's just because of how valuable each player is in 4v4. and if you're a team with just 1 dud who really just does NOT get it then you're going to get swampflogged big time... and if you have 2 duds then the game just becomes the other team beating you up to get easy stuns and flag captures and trying to boost their best score in that game mode.

I think the team modes would really benefit from mode specific tutorials, and people should be advised to play the tutorials before going into that mode if they haven't done them yet. The current tutorials are really nice and do a good job of explaining the scoring system, but all that information is really just relevant to FFA..

On that note, some wolfpack tutorials would be nice, maybe explaining how to do sync kills and stuff. Generally wolfpack is just a mess of people running high proifle for low scoring kills.. The game really should give you feedback after doing kills. "you ran around like a silly goose and got smoked and stunned by the NPC. consider not doing that" "that kill was only worth 150 points, you can do better. Try building your approach meter" etc etc.

ACB_Old_School
12-08-2012, 03:34 AM
team modes... and were bad for playing with a team...