PDA

View Full Version : Settlers are really starting to get to me

FreshGroundFX
12-06-2012, 10:17 PM
The whole Encyclopedia of Man system is soooo annoying. You have to do missions to unlock settlers/artisans/farmers/whatever and then you have to analyze them THREE times. And not only do you have to analyze them 3 times, you have to analyze them 3 times doing 3 different activities related to their profession!

Whaaat. who came up with this?

My settlers aren't doing ****. They just keep walking around. Two of the dude keep smoking cigars and examining cart wheels all flipping day long while the women wash clothes and pick berries and I can't analyze them because smoking cigars and picking berries are not their professions. I am going to cry.

I'm on sequence 9 btw, I doubt that has anything to do with it though...

Rugterwyper32
12-06-2012, 10:18 PM
As far as I'm aware, the more homestead missions you do and the more you level up your settlers, the more activities they do. Don't quote me on that though. That's the last thing I did in the entire game, myself.

CrazyShrapnel
12-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Read the title and expected this:

http://holyfile.com/upload/screenshot2097-0.gif

:c

Followed the huntress around for a whole in-game day before she did a 3rd activity.

DeanOMiite
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
right!? My stupid taylor lady never leaves her house. What a lazy ***** !!

I've seen some HILARIOUS things though trying to do this though...I was walking around the homestead once and I saw the priest reading a letter to one of the lumberers and his wife...the preacher is reading the letter and then goes "I'm sorry but...it looks like you're brother has passed away" and then the lumberers wife starts going crazy and crying "oh my! oh no!!!" and all that...and then all of a sudden they all stop, look at me, start to walk away, and then the woman who had just been sobbing looks at the priest and goes, "LOVELY DAY!"

...it was incredible

Torvaldesq
12-07-2012, 01:14 AM
I agree that the Encyclopedia of the Common Man was not a fun aspect of the game. It just wasn't. Crafting can be added to that too, it's just not well done. The menu system is awful for it, the complexity is needless. That said, I have heard that buying and using the raw materials up that your homesteaders make will spur them to do the jobs that require making those items. If you are capped on all the different items, it might make obtaining certain scans a lot more difficult.

FreshGroundFX
12-11-2012, 06:35 AM
I agree that the Encyclopedia of the Common Man was not a fun aspect of the game. It just wasn't. Crafting can be added to that too, it's just not well done. The menu system is awful for it, the complexity is needless. That said, I have heard that buying and using the raw materials up that your homesteaders make will spur them to do the jobs that require making those items. If you are capped on all the different items, it might make obtaining certain scans a lot more difficult.

Ah... interesting. I don't have many settlers yet... about 7 including 2 farmers, but I will make a convoy and send that **** on its way. These fools must be entered in the my encyclopedia!

FreshGroundFX
12-15-2012, 04:17 AM
Okay, i figured it out. I was trying to recruit and level on Sequence 9 and only the farmers are available in that sequence. I hit sequence 10 and I got a flood of Homestead missions. I've been recruiting mothers left and right. The scanning part is still a pain in the *** though...

RatonhnhakeFan
12-15-2012, 04:20 AM
Tailor girl was so lazy ugh, took me hours before she did anything useful and I could scan her

Baked_Cookies
12-15-2012, 03:21 PM
The whole Encyclopedia of Man system is soooo annoying. You have to do missions to unlock settlers/artisans/farmers/whatever and then you have to analyze them THREE times. And not only do you have to analyze them 3 times, you have to analyze them 3 times doing 3 different activities related to their profession!

Whaaat. who came up with this?

My settlers aren't doing ****. They just keep walking around. Two of the dude keep smoking cigars and examining cart wheels all flipping day long while the women wash clothes and pick berries and I can't analyze them because smoking cigars and picking berries are not their professions. I am going to cry.

I'm on sequence 9 btw, I doubt that has anything to do with it though...

Honestly its not that hard all it takes is spending some time in the homestead wondering around following people. And I see a lot of people on here saying that they can only get 2 of 3 scans on different workers and almost 95% of the time its because they keep scanning the same thing. Its easy just put some time into it

Kee-are-ah
12-16-2012, 11:51 AM
The one that really drove me crazy was the miner who I followed for 3 whole in-game-days just to get the third activity scanned. I really wanted to kick his lazy ***..

pirate1802
12-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I didn't have any problems with the settlers. It was fun watching they go about their daily life. Gave me a sense of achievement in rebuilding the place.

medavroog
12-16-2012, 12:03 PM
The one that really drove me crazy was the miner who I followed for 3 whole in-game-days just to get the third activity scanned. I really wanted to kick his lazy ***..

We should be given a feature which allowing us to shoot the settler of whose activities have scanned in full...of course, revive the same settler back to life afterwards...to shoot again.

ProdiGurl
12-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Honestly its not that hard all it takes is spending some time in the homestead wondering around following people. And I see a lot of people on here saying that they can only get 2 of 3 scans on different workers and almost 95% of the time its because they keep scanning the same thing. Its easy just put some time into it

:-0 Spend time?
Why should we have to do that? :p But seriously, for me, I just do the Homestead mission & leave. Whatever they manage to craft, I cart off in a Convoy so far.
A nice Mod here, (MT4K) sent me links on the system of crafting so I can figure this out properly. Just haven't had enough time to get to all this.

Baked_Cookies
12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah you can do that too just leave and come back. I just liked running around the homestead being a stalker until I finally completed it. As for the crafting I actually dont mess with that too often kinda serves no purpose to me in a way except taking up time to do. I think the only thing I really did with crafting was doing whatever for that trophy for sending out a convoy or something like that

Kee-are-ah
12-16-2012, 09:52 PM
We should be given a feature which allowing us to shoot the settler of whose activities have scanned in full...of course, revive the same settler back to life afterwards...to shoot again.

I would very much like that ;)

FreshGroundFX
12-19-2012, 05:16 AM

LOLL. that would be incredible

medavroog
12-26-2012, 08:29 PM
LOLL. that would be incredible

After all, "Nothing is True, and EVERYTHING is Permitted"...indeed, let shooting the settlers be permitted...

OmegaRomik
12-26-2012, 08:37 PM
It takes time sure but use eagle vision and when they turn gold thats when their doing something. Besides the whole game has side chores but not that im complaining but it is the figuring out part thats annoying.