PDA

View Full Version : ACIII: Join or Die Edition Wrong Region!

MoreGunsLowther
12-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Hi everyone;

This is me basically trying to kick up a fuss in the hope that customer support will actually get around to helping me out here, since I'm stuck in a nightmare really. I preordered the Join or Die edition, been looking forward to it for absolutely ages; then, last week, I dislocated my knee. I'm basically house-bound for the next few weeks, so coming home to AC3 would cheer me up a bit.

I'm in the UK, and bought the game directly from UbiShop; up until now, they've been great to me, quick to respond and fix any problems. However, they - by mistake or not - sent me a GERMAN edition. Yes. German. You can imagine how wretched I feel, having a game sat there that I can't open to play else I can't return it for the correct UK edition.

It's been five days since I filed a request, and I've had no response, nothing. Five days is a very long time when you can barely walk, and would love to sit back and enjoy the game you paid for, especially since this is my holiday from university and I'll have basically no time to play it when I go back.

Sort it out Ubisoft; at least respond to my support request, because at this rate you'll drag it out past the thirty day return limit and I'll be stuck with a foreign edition. Not happy.

Morgan.

McJobless
12-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Trying to get a response from Ubisoft is frustrating and takes a long, long time, especially now with so many people flooding their support lines trying to get help with the PC versions of AC3 and FC3. Still, that is possibly the most idiotic and pathetic mistake any company could make. If I was in your position, I'd be attempting to get somebody sacked for that.

I assume you've got everything re-packaged and ready to send back in they event they're ready to send you a replacement copy with the right region?

MoreGunsLowther
12-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Still got all the original packaging, and plenty of extra stuff to wrap it in if need be. To be honest, it's probably an honest mistake, since they send all their stuff from a central depot in Germany I think; I could accept that and forgive and forget if they hadn't been so slow to respond.

It did say on the automated response that I may have to wait more than 48 hours for a reply, but still, five days is pushing it too far. I'm half tempted to get a Twitter account just so I can start bombarding them with tweets, but I still have some patience left!

Pixel_Pile
12-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Honest mistake? Realy? I get more and more doubts regarding their distribution...

First... Rocksmith, no cd-key

2nd AC3 JoD edition pre-ordered beginning oktober. 2 days before release I got mail from my onlineshop... the truck carrying the special editions was hi-jacked. No special editions for the BeNeLux...

3rd FC3 Insane edition, also pre-ordered in oktober. 2 days before release I got mail, from the onlineshop... Sorry, bet we didn't get any Insane editions.

FWIW I ordered at the biggest online software retailer in the Netherlands Bol.com (they usually sell 1000's of copies)

Something is terribly wrong at Ubisoft