PDA

View Full Version : **SPOILER**AC3 Ending Discussion

kozmikvoid
12-06-2012, 01:06 AM
I've heard most of the rants and raves about the ending to Assassin's Creed 3, but I haven't come across one major plot line that I can't make sense of. If Minerva doesn't want Desmond to touch the pedestal, why did she reach out to him in the first place and set him on the path that ultimately led to the Grand Temple? It seems like a big hole in the story line. The whole idea of the Ones Who Came Before started with Minerva and her message to Desmond through Ezio. Why would she do that if she didn't want Desmond to change the course of history? Seems kind of like saying, "Hey, Desmond, here are some clues to unlock the mystery of saving the world, but I don't want you to actually do it." Before anyone calls me an idiot, I am well aware that I may be missing something; hence the thread on the discussion board. So...am I missing something?

pablo2977
12-06-2012, 09:44 PM
I think the grand temple is sort of like a bomb shelter and Minerva wanted Desmond to go there to wait out the end so he can rebuild society .the door to the pedestal was blocked by Minerva and Juno guided Connor and through him Desmond to the key so she can be freed

I think this is how it works

AdrianJacek
12-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Okay...
1. Back when she talked to Ezio she didn't know about Juno's little plan.
2. Grasshoppers.

shadowlord4001
12-08-2012, 03:41 AM
thats what i thought because Minerva dindnt show him the key but what did she intend desmond to do originally

Stoofpot
12-08-2012, 10:13 PM
She probably wanted him to save the world, when she didn't know about Juno's plan she thought it would be like: Desmond would touch it, he would die, the world would be saved. But then she found out about Juno and it would be: He would touch it, he would die, and the world would still exist but Juno would take it over. And she rather had the world destroyed (sort of, very damaged) than ruled by Juno so she changed her mind and told him not to do it.

shadowlord4001
12-09-2012, 12:45 AM
but what did he exactly touch

joaomuas
12-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Minerva wanted Desmond to do something at the temple, but she said it was already too late due to the war with the Templars. That's why the sacrifice is the only solution. It was the same mistake made by TWCB: being distracted by the war. Now, we know it won't happen again during the war against Juno thanks to Desmond and mankind can finally destroy her.

Also, what bolt2977 said.

Elebro2011
12-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Yes, Grand Temple is a bomb shelter, because in the video, it shows how the desmond and his father, ant those 2 survive. He would become a mentor to all the people, but, if Juno survived their world ending, why cant she survive this one too? I think something is hidden.

Stoofpot
12-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah Juno would survive, I don't even know if she's alive she doesn't seem to have an actual body. She just wanted the world to be saved so she could control it, if the apocalypse would have happened, she would have too wait thousends of years again before everything was rebuild and I guess she doesn't like the idea or controlling only a few suvivors. Also it would free her if Desmond touched the orb, so she could actually make it happen. Win-win for her.