PDA

View Full Version : AC3: Buggiest Game I've Played This Year

VenomRitual
12-05-2012, 11:19 PM
I Love the game. I'm about 98-99% synced and 40 hours in the SP. But it's so buggy. The last 6 or so trophies/achievments are unatainable because of some of these bugs.

1.Convoys don't show up in the frontier anymore,
2. I've had NPC's like Johnson not show up during story missions
3. can't do winning move on morris,
4. the balls keep moving to the right in bowls,
5. I continuously get notifications about carrying 1 weapon + a shard, + a citizen mission item,
6. printer shops icons appear even while incognito,
7. assassination target killed himself with just me marking him on my map,
8. soldiers having women voices when attacking them,
9. fell through the map by climbing near the frontier fast travel and once while doing an air assault on a wolf,
10. 3 times it froze my PS3 just trying to get to the MP menu,
11. running up invisible walls,
12. main mission green icons and side mission map icons not appearing on the map,
13. encyclopedia of the common man incorrectly logged my entry by saying there were 3/3 things done but only 2 were,
14. The one convoy that did show up didn't let me loot it after killing the guards.
15. In sequence 12, it kept the shell shock redness from the previous mission going into the next one.
16.A bunch of enemy dots appear on my mini-map even when there are no enemies there.
17. Poster animations will still appear even when incognito.
18. A message to use my recruits popped up early in the game while lock picking even before I got any recruits. It still occurs every time I lock-pick even when all of them are on missions.
19. While lock-picking, even when I'm holding down the left and right stick, my character will stop trying to pick it.
20. An entire little room in the NY underground is missing textures on mine.
21. IDid all the delivery sidequests but it's stuck at 32% on the logbook?

22. I'm not at 62% delivery quests but no other quests come up. There were 3 frontier quests that have since disappeared in NY.
23. Some fast travel locations won't unlock unless you go through them and back in and even then some in Boston won't show up as marked.
24. One challenge requires you to speak with washington but every time I try he starts up a game of bowls.

I don't mind graphical bugs or glitches. I'll even give them a pass on the freezing. But most aren't even hard to find or replicate. Someone at Ubi dropped the ball big time when it came to bug squashing and polish. The skipping scenes message needs to go and just crafting recipes takes forever since it won't let you know while browsing that it has already been crafted and won't keep you on the same recipe list after you've crafted an item.

When can we expect the next patch?

montagemik
12-06-2012, 04:09 AM
32 % on Delivery side missions - Not sure thats Even possible is it ? :confused:

it only logs each area once fully completed.

Tried to offer help via PS3 message - but you don't exist under VenomRitual - must be different name. :nonchalance:

TrueAssassin77
12-06-2012, 04:14 AM
if this is the buggiest game of the year for you, you must not have ever played DC universe Online...

my experience with that game is probably why the bugs in this game don't bother me... but admittedly, im not getting any in the first place

VenomRitual
12-06-2012, 04:42 AM
Yeah this is my UBI ID not my PSN account. I'm going to delete the install and the update and try re installing it. I played Fallout New Vegas this year and even with the twenty freezes I could still experience most of the game.

The only good bug I really liked so far in AC 3 was in the side mission that needed me to lure guards away. My recruitwent straight into the red zone and knocked my target into the water as I watched from like 100 feet away.

ProdiGurl
12-06-2012, 10:08 AM
lol that would be hilarious - I thought my recruits were useless for a little while yesterday while I was trying to take my first fort over.
I tried to Lure the 2 guards away at the front with them, and then as I went along, I got into a huge fight with alot of guards swarming me out front... I called in my recruits for backup & he was laying there all messed up - I realized later after 2 more times of this that I had it still set on "Lure" instead of Assassinate.
I like that recruits earn XP when you use them for your side mission stuff.

The only bug/glitches I've had was w/ Boston Liberation mission stuff. A symbol or 2 disappeared from my map & 1 Contract person still doesn't say a word to me in the Tavern even tho it's all Liberated & the symbol still stays on my map to go talk to them. Maybe by Seq. 12 it will fix itself. I'm relieved I don't have any serious issues.
(xbox).

Dangerzone50
12-06-2012, 10:22 AM
yeah.... quite literally nothing in this game works right, some issue has been reported with almost every part of the game on every format... even the ending, had a friend of mine walk down the bridge and it cut to the credits, no ending scene for him LOL!

dann2004
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
I Love the game. I'm about 98-99% synced and 40 hours in the SP. But it's so buggy. The last 6 or so trophies/achievments are unatainable because of some of these bugs.

1.Convoys don't show up in the frontier anymore,
2. I've had NPC's like Johnson not show up during story missions
3. can't do winning move on morris,
4. the balls keep moving to the right in bowls,
5. I continuously get notifications about carrying 1 weapon + a shard, + a citizen mission item,
6. printer shops icons appear even while incognito,
7. assassination target killed himself with just me marking him on my map,
8. soldiers having women voices when attacking them,
9. fell through the map by climbing near the frontier fast travel and once while doing an air assault on a wolf,
10. 3 times it froze my PS3 just trying to get to the MP menu,
11. running up invisible walls,
12. main mission green icons and side mission map icons not appearing on the map,
13. encyclopedia of the common man incorrectly logged my entry by saying there were 3/3 things done but only 2 were,
14. The one convoy that did show up didn't let me loot it after killing the guards.
15. In sequence 12, it kept the shell shock redness from the previous mission going into the next one.
16.A bunch of enemy dots appear on my mini-map even when there are no enemies there.
17. Poster animations will still appear even when incognito.
18. A message to use my recruits popped up early in the game while lock picking even before I got any recruits. It still occurs every time I lock-pick even when all of them are on missions.
19. While lock-picking, even when I'm holding down the left and right stick, my character will stop trying to pick it.
20. An entire little room in the NY underground is missing textures on mine.
21. IDid all the delivery sidequests but it's stuck at 32% on the logbook?

I don't mind graphical bugs or glitches. I'll even give them a pass on the freezing. But most aren't even hard to find or replicate. Someone at Ubi dropped the ball big time when it came to bug squashing and polish. The skipping scenes message needs to go and just crafting recipes takes forever since it won't let you know while browsing that it has already been crafted and won't keep you on the same recipe list after you've crafted an item.

When can we expect the next patch?you seem surprised????....it ubisoft mate all there games are released totally broken and most of the time just get worse with patches.....its either lazy devs or just the "ghost in the machine".......most games dont work when there released im wondering that maybe its just totally impossibe to make a game bug free like i said ghost in the machine example piece of code A added to piece of code B = unexpected bug??????..god knows to be honest?????

pirate1802
12-06-2012, 04:39 PM
One of my convoys is now in a perpetual "attacked" state. I can't defend it, since it is nowhere on the map, and I can't replace that convoy either!
*rages*

VenomRitual
12-06-2012, 05:57 PM
you seem surprised????....it ubisoft mate all there games are released totally broken and most of the time just get worse with patches.....its either lazy devs or just the "ghost in the machine".......most games dont work when there released im wondering that maybe its just totally impossibe to make a game bug free like i said ghost in the machine example piece of code A added to piece of code B = unexpected bug??????..god knows to be honest?????

like i said in the first post, i dont mind bugs. they are an accepted fact when purchasing any game. But there are just so many and they interfere with the achievements/trophies. Just look in the forums of people who have has issues with convoys, lockpicking, recruits, NPC's, nd the logbook preventing 100% sync.

The only thing that never bugged out on me were the naval battles. Those were surprisingly perfect.

Sushiglutton
12-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Yeah it's pretty buggy, but it's also the game with the most content I've played this year (too much content imo). I managed to swim inside a stone and couldn't get out :D! I've also had floating objects in cut-scenes, icons disappearing from the map (Boston disapeared from the frontier so I couldn't fast travel there anymore) and so on.